Forum Settings
Forums
The Ghost in the Shell
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 20, 2016 12:18 PM
Apr 2014
Hi. I watched the original "Ghost in the Shell" movie last week and i loved it. Now i wanna finish the complete series ( movies, anime series and OVA ) but i am not sure in what order should i watch it.
Should i watch the second movie first or "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex". Where do i go from there? Some advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
"Only one thing is equal for all, and that is death."
Nov 20, 2016 12:21 PM

Feb 2013
https://anidb.net/pics/graph/a-9658.png

follow either arrows or years
Nov 20, 2016 12:26 PM

Nov 2016
Ghost in the Shell are all alternate versions of each other. The films is its own thing, Standalone complex is its own thing, and arise is its own thing. But if you can only watch 1, I'd recommend Standalone complex
Nov 20, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2015
RagingDominican said:
Ghost in the Shell are all alternate versions of each other. The films is its own thing, Standalone complex is its own thing, and arise is its own thing. But if you can only watch 1, I'd recommend Standalone complex

you pretty much hit the nail on the head ..i wouldn't have explain it any better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2016 12:38 PM
Apr 2014

This is really helpful, thanks man.
Nov 20, 2016 12:39 PM

Aug 2015
TheDarkPassenger said:
Hi. I watched the original "Ghost in the Shell" movie last week and i loved it. Now i wanna finish the complete series ( movies, anime series and OVA ) but i am not sure in what order should i watch it.
Should i watch the second movie first or "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex". Where do i go from there? Some advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

its own thing like RagingDominican said .

i personally like the Arise series but you go what you want to see first
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2016 12:44 PM
Apr 2014
RagingDominican said:

I see.. I did not know that. Thank you.
Nov 20, 2016 12:48 PM
Apr 2014
deadright said:
TheDarkPassenger said:

its own thing like RagingDominican said .

i personally like the Arise series but you go what you want to see first

But are the movies and the anime series connected in any way? Will i miss something important if i skip the movies or the OVA specials? Is the anime series as good as the first movie?
Nov 20, 2016 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
TheDarkPassenger said:

Here you go I should have done this earlier.

Movie Version

Ghost in the Shell(2015): This is a prequel to the 1995 film
Ghost in the Shell (original movie)
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (an "enhanced" version of the original movie)
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Standalone Complex Version

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

ARISE OVA Version

Border: 1 Ghost Pain
Border: 2 Ghost Whispers
Border: 3 Ghost Tears
Border: 4 Ghost Stands Alone
Or
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Alternative Architecture: This is the 4 OVAS + 1 new story.
AkilleezNov 20, 2016 3:42 PM
Nov 21, 2016 4:46 PM
Apr 2014
RagingDominican said:
TheDarkPassenger said:

Here you go I should have done this earlier.

Movie Version

Ghost in the Shell(2015): This is a prequel to the 1995 film
Ghost in the Shell (original movie)
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (an "enhanced" version of the original movie)
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Standalone Complex Version

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

ARISE OVA Version

Border: 1 Ghost Pain
Border: 2 Ghost Whispers
Border: 3 Ghost Tears
Border: 4 Ghost Stands Alone
Or
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Alternative Architecture: This is the 4 OVAS + 1 new story.

Wow i don't know what to say... this is very helpful! I really appreciate that you took the time to make this list. Thanks man.
Nov 21, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
Oh, wow... Dark Horse finally uncensored the Ghost in the Shell manga. It was a dumb scene, but I'm glad it's in there now. I've been meaning to re-read it.

I watched the movie for the seventh time yesterday.
EzekielNov 21, 2016 5:07 PM

More topics from this board

» How do you describe Motoko Kusanagi's dilemma?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 23

2 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

naikou - Jan 29, 2009

166 by notalai »»
Apr 8, 12:04 AM

» How bad are the Ghost in the Shell Blu Rays?

JiffyBone - Mar 12, 2018

8 by Seiidou »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:51 PM

» The Original Movie Was Better

Densel_ - Nov 13, 2022

10 by Densel_ »»
May 7, 2023 9:49 PM

» Canon story watch order?

WeebiBOY - Jan 21, 2023

4 by giffica »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.