Forum Settings
Forums

My Original Light Novel (OEL): Looking for reviews

New
Nov 17, 2016 5:15 PM

Feb 2010
I'm looking for people that would be interested in receiving a free copy of my ebook in exchange for an honest review. I will leave the synopsis below. Feel free to contact me at: robertparkin1046@gmail.com if interested, or PM your email so I may send you your copy. Thank you for your interest. (The copy will be PDF or if you wish to have the E-Book a "gifted" copy can be sent to you to download from Amazon).

Synopsis:

In a world laid bare, humanity scattered, one girl fights to reclaim what was stolen from her—the only family she has left. Her name is Tepes. Pushed by this one goal, Tepes stumbles upon one of humanities last bastions within its ruined world—Sky Cities. Here, she quickly is sucked into a world ruled by a masked mad man obsessed with order. She soon finds herself trapped in the middle of a desperate fight between a small rebel faction and the cornerstone of the city itself, the Eye of the Adjudicator. It is in this struggle she will come to see that there is far more going on within this Sky City then she would care to believe. No one can escape, from the Eye of the Adjudicator.

Amazon Link: (Or just click my Sig)
https://www.amazon.com/Immortality-Protocol-Vol-light-novel-ebook/dp/B01JWLPIU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1476512431&sr=1-1&keywords=the+immortality+protocol

Also, thank you to those who have already taken the time to give my work a read. It really helps.

ADDED NOTE:
You may also read my work for FREE on Inkit.com. Link below:
https://www.inkitt.com/stories/scifi/81709?ref=a_c6e68548-56f6-4fc6-b370-b798e60a9aa4
alterangel1046zrDec 10, 2016 12:43 AM
Nov 27, 2016 12:10 AM

Feb 2010
Now only 0.99$ on Amazon till Nov 28th! XD

Still want it free? Don't mind a PDF? Email me and I will happily send it to you.
Nov 27, 2016 2:19 AM
Lovely person

Mar 2016
Can I read it free out of interest, or is feedback required?
I don't know the writing style, so I might not like it half way through...
Nov 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
FoxInFlame said:
Can I read it free out of interest, or is feedback required?
I don't know the writing style, so I might not like it half way through...

I certainly don't "require" but if you didn't care for it, an honest review of what you read would be nice. If you are still interested, I will happily send you a PDF copy of the book. Just PM me your Email so I may do so.

Thank you for your interest.
Dec 3, 2016 3:52 PM

Jul 2014
I would be more than happy to review your story. It might take me a while since my weeks are a bit hectic with work and other situations, but I can assure you that I can read it over the weekends that I have free (especially if it has a compelling plot with interesting characters... I'm a sucker for great characters).
I, myself, am a self-proclaimed writer, so I enjoy seeing what fellow authors can create. Everyone has such different preferences when it comes to writing (genres, ideas, etc.) and I find that so interesting.

Anyway, to get back to the point, if you're still looking to send out a copy in return for a review, then I'm all for it. Again, it might not be a professional or profound review, but I'll give you my honest thoughts. I am also willing to review it as I read (i.e. after every chapter or part... depending on how you wrote it). I do it that way for a friend of mine and he seems to prefer it that way, seeing as he can make corrections and edit certain parts much easier. It's all up to you, though.
Dec 4, 2016 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
BlameSaiki said:
I would be more than happy to review your story. It might take me a while since my weeks are a bit hectic with work and other situations, but I can assure you that I can read it over the weekends that I have free (especially if it has a compelling plot with interesting characters... I'm a sucker for great characters).
I, myself, am a self-proclaimed writer, so I enjoy seeing what fellow authors can create. Everyone has such different preferences when it comes to writing (genres, ideas, etc.) and I find that so interesting.

Anyway, to get back to the point, if you're still looking to send out a copy in return for a review, then I'm all for it. Again, it might not be a professional or profound review, but I'll give you my honest thoughts. I am also willing to review it as I read (i.e. after every chapter or part... depending on how you wrote it). I do it that way for a friend of mine and he seems to prefer it that way, seeing as he can make corrections and edit certain parts much easier. It's all up to you, though.

Thank you for your interest. I will be sure to PM you on the details. Sorry for the delayed response. ^^
Dec 5, 2016 6:14 AM

Mar 2015
I'd like to have a look on your work. I've always enjoyed studying and observing others' writing style. Also, I'm a big fan of action stories. Strong female characters and flawed badass are my faves.

My time allocation to reading this work will be random, since I haven't known the schedule of my case report yet (between this week and next week). I also have some other projects when it comes to writing: review exchange contracts and proofreading. So, my review is likely to be late. But still, it all depends on the 'fuel' heh.

My review will be much like those in review games such as here (see the posts under the name Legendary Biologist). However, I will be more formal and critical here, especially when it comes to writing style. I'm ESL, but having received a lot of concrits in writing (fanfics, but 99% of the critics/reviewers are fandom blind, so they tend to focus on the technical aspects of writing), I have a pretty good grasp of English language.
The_BiologistDec 5, 2016 6:41 AM
Loitering around FFnet and AO3

Dec 5, 2016 7:10 AM

Feb 2010
I sent you a PM Biologist. I'm completely fine with you taking your time. I'm happy you have shown interest in my work and look forward to your reply. Thank you for your interest.
Dec 10, 2016 12:42 AM

Feb 2010
Again, I must thank both Biologist and BlameSaiki for setting aside some time to read my work. It truly is a humbling feeling. Thank you.
Dec 11, 2016 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
I must give The_Biologist a personal shout out for their very insightful and critical eye that has made my work that much stronger. It really means a lot. I can't thank you enough.

*humble bow*
Dec 13, 2016 11:29 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
@alterangel1046zr
Light novel ain't really my trip but I just love reading as much as writing.
So I'm gonna give you feedback, just let the Inkit link for a mere week or two. I swear once I'm in holidays I'll get this read as quick as possible.

Dec 13, 2016 11:53 AM
Apr 2015
lemme create a dummy account in inkit for this purpose only
Dec 13, 2016 9:08 PM

Feb 2010
Lolsebca and Minerva_WiseOwl thank you for even considering the idea of reading my work! If you wish to have a PDF sent to you instead feel free to PM me and I will happily send it your way.

Naturally I will leave the Inkit link live for anyone willing to take a look. Thank you all. It means a lot. ^^
Dec 27, 2016 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
Forgive me, but I wish to selfishly bump this back to the top.

Offers and links are still live.

I will also be willing to trade reviews for your work as well.

Be advised it will take me some time to get to your work as I'm a bit backed up right now.

Thank you for your interest as always.
Dec 27, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
Can't make any promises on how soon I'll be done (or in fact, if I'll even finish) but I'll give it a shot. How long is it?
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dec 27, 2016 6:13 PM

Jul 2014
alterangel1046zr said:
Be advised it will take me some time to get to your work as I'm a bit backed up right now.

This is what is happening with me right now. I am slowly but surely making my way through your novel. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with it. Once things start to calm down from the holiday season, I will hopefully get through it a little bit faster.
I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about it and that I am reading it whenever I get the chance.
Dec 27, 2016 8:52 PM

Feb 2010
SodiumChloride said:
Can't make any promises on how soon I'll be done (or in fact, if I'll even finish) but I'll give it a shot. How long is it?

The work is 260 pages long, 72,000 words. The spacing, margins, and leading all are set to a standard sized Light Novel so it literally is the standard length.

Even if you don't finish, the fact that you tried is very much appreciated. Be sure to pass the work along to someone else you think might enjoy it more. ^^
Dec 27, 2016 8:54 PM

Feb 2010
BlameSaiki said:
alterangel1046zr said:

This is what is happening with me right now. I am slowly but surely making my way through your novel. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with it. Once things start to calm down from the holiday season, I will hopefully get through it a little bit faster.
I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about it and that I am reading it whenever I get the chance.

Please take your time. I'm writing two books and trying to read and edit others at the same time. It is hard to manage it all and I totally understand. Enjoy your holiday, and never think you are obligated to rush.
Dec 28, 2016 12:10 AM

Jul 2015
Can I have the PDF?
Dec 28, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2010
SodiumChloride said:
Can I have the PDF?

Absolutely! Just PM me your email and I will send it your way soon. Thanks again for your interest. ^^
Jan 2, 2017 11:33 PM

Feb 2010
Time for another shameless bump! XD
Jan 3, 2017 11:23 AM

Jul 2015
alterangel1046zr said:

It's pretty long so sorry for the wait. I won't be able to do an in-depth review of what I found wrong(if I find something wrong) with a particular sentence, paragraph or chapter either.

I hope that's okay.
SodiumChlorideJan 3, 2017 11:26 AM
Jan 3, 2017 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
SodiumChloride said:
alterangel1046zr said:

It's pretty long so sorry for the wait. I won't be able to do an in-depth review of what I found wrong(if I find something wrong) with a particular sentence, paragraph or chapter either.

I hope that's okay.

Not at all. Any words and time you spend is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Jan 8, 2017 10:34 PM

Feb 2010
alterangel1046zr said:

There is just no helping me. So Shameless! XD
Jan 8, 2017 11:03 PM

Mar 2015
alterangel1046zr said:
alterangel1046zr said:

Methinks bumping has little chance of drawing attention, but since you're writing an original work, you have a much better chance. Yeah, I bet even if I keep bumping up my fanfic thread (fanfic stigma, fandom blind, etc), I won't get anything. I must be a beggar.

Question though: is vol 2 in-progress?
Loitering around FFnet and AO3

Jan 9, 2017 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
alterangel1046zr said:
alterangel1046zr said:

I'm actually nearing the end! I have like 50 or so pages left, I'd say? Your novel is my savior at work since I'm usually bored out of my mind xD
Jan 9, 2017 11:04 PM

Feb 2010
The_Biologist said:
alterangel1046zr said:

Methinks bumping has little chance of drawing attention, but since you're writing an original work, you have a much better chance. Yeah, I bet even if I keep bumping up my fanfic thread (fanfic stigma, fandom blind, etc), I won't get anything. I must be a beggar.

Question though: is vol 2 in-progress?

Yes. Volume 2 is currently being written. I'm actually in the process now with getting my illustrator to do vol 2's drawings. I'm very busy so I can only say that Vol 2 will be coming out 2017 Summer.

My FB page and Patreon will have more information in the coming months.
Jan 9, 2017 11:05 PM

Feb 2010
BlameSaiki said:
alterangel1046zr said:

I'm actually nearing the end! I have like 50 or so pages left, I'd say? Your novel is my savior at work since I'm usually bored out of my mind xD

That's awesome, and hilarious to hear! XD

Thank you. ^^

More topics from this board

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

5 by Cammell »»
3 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

369 by _HaSSaaN_ »»
5 hours ago

» "Tenchi Muyo!" TAKARA Doll Series (1995/1997?)

MasterTasuke - May 9

0 by MasterTasuke »»
May 9, 12:45 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

221 by SkiesOfBlue »»
May 8, 11:14 PM

» 10 NEW Anime to watch Spring 2024

Marinate1016 - May 7

0 by Marinate1016 »»
May 7, 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.