Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Wraith Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2016 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, this is truly the chapter where everything hits the fan. This chapter really shows how messed up Homura's mental state is at this point. She's starting to doubt Madoka even exists and she had overwritten her own memories. And now Wraith Madoka is here and took her away. This is all starting to tie in nicely with Rebellion and while it might be starting to feel a little like a retcon, I don't mind it too much. I was always curious what Homura's life was like in the wraith world.
Jun 21, 2017 9:03 AM

Mar 2017
I hope the whole wraith stuff gets explained a bit more in the next few chapters, as we still don't have a clear answer to what they are or what they really want (or at least, why they want it).

But I can't wait to see what happens next!
Sep 5, 2018 2:49 PM
Sep 2015
This chapter was so confusing.
I understand nothing
Aug 4, 2020 4:01 PM

Dec 2010
This is the longest chapter ever and I definitely don't know what's happening anymore. I have to say though, Homura really managed to hit the peak of her annoying character. She was never a favorite of mine, but I have to say that the Wraith world makes me like her even less.

I get where she is coming from, but did she really plan to live for a few years, carrying the memories of Madoka, and just die in the end? Does she have no aspirations of her own? Would she never make friends besides Madoka, under normal circumstances, in this world or the one before it? Mind you, that's not a huge feat, considering how easy it was for Madoka to become friends with anyone. Even the wraith of her memory referred to Kyouko as Kyouko-chan, a person she had very little opportunity to interact with in the previous world.
Apr 29, 2023 6:10 AM

Oct 2016
That felt quite convoluted, but I think I get it, wraiths evolve by absorbing bad energy, right. But the weird part is how Homura is so much of a central figure in this new world, if that's the case, how different is it from the one she makes in Rebellion? Or the one after that? And I feel like Madoka should intervene at this point. Oh well, one volume to go, maybe that'll explain it.
CaptainKenshiroApr 29, 2023 6:39 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 9 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 26, 2017

7 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Apr 29, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 8 Discussion

Leigh39 - Jun 21, 2017

2 by Meritas »»
Aug 11, 2020 4:16 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 7 Discussion

removed-user - Nov 11, 2016

2 by Meritas »»
Aug 11, 2020 4:12 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 2 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 28, 2016

3 by Meritas »»
Jul 18, 2020 5:34 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 1 Discussion

Leigh39 - Jun 18, 2017

2 by Meritas »»
Jul 18, 2020 4:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.