Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 21, 2016 3:04 AM

Nov 2007
If anyone's interested:

Here is the list of the User Rated Top Five TV Anime of 2015:

And here is the list of the Top Five of the Most Discussed TV Anime of the current season as of end of week 3 (Oct 21, 2016):

So, if anyone suggests that Hibike! Euphonium ain't that popular in Japan, now you know that they lie.

Source: anikore.jp
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 21, 2016 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
Thank you for this info.

And why would people think they don't like it? It's cute girls doing cute things.
Oct 21, 2016 3:50 AM

Jul 2014
>made by kyoani
>pretty as shit
>cute girls
>well-written
>yuri-bait

Was there any reason to think that this show is NOT popular?
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Oct 21, 2016 3:53 AM
Jul 2018
FlameTaJaDoru said:
>made by kyoani
>pretty as shit
>cute girls
>well-written
>yuri-bait

Couldn't have said it any better lol. Yuribait is it's biggest selling point, btw.
Oct 21, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
FlameTaJaDoru said:

The other factors are there too but I think it is mostly because how well-written the story is. The other factors are not very uncommon for KyoAni. Just check the Japanese discussion sites, twitter, KyoAni's official youtube channel. There is definitely quite a lot of posts regarding Kumiko x Reina in the anime but certainly not as overwhelming as we get to see in non-Japanese sites like MAL when four out of five comments are about their relationship. Fans in Japan actually talk about how well-written the story is more often and how they look forward to each episode because they want to know where the story would go and not just the relationships.

Which is also why I think the anime would do well in Japan no matter which route it takes as the story progresses as long as they keep the writing this good. Also, one think I did notice that while the episode ratings increased in Japan over the weeks, the ratings actually went down here in MAL. This also gives an indicator that non-Japanese fans care about the relationships more than the story as a whole which is kind of sad, because I do think it's one of the best written stories in anime in recent times.
Coronavirus.
Oct 23, 2016 7:58 AM

Jul 2008
Good to know, I actually like this anime a lot :)
Oct 25, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
So is this actually decent ala old kyoani or just more pandering trash (Yuri in this case)

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 25, 2016 9:20 PM
Aug 2016
Thanks for the info. I'm happy for hibike that it is popular in japan (it's only 8000 vote, but it's a good news), because i hope a season three for the last volume of the LN, and moreover Hibike deserve it. For me, it is my masterpiece in the japanime world. But the popularity of this anime in france or in myanimelist, is not very good. It's the least populare anime from KyoAni (behind tamako market) !!! (but the score are pretty good ) Shame on us ! Japanese have good taste, we can see also that in second position is yahari, and it is my second masterpiece : why i am not japanese :(
zudaOct 25, 2016 11:11 PM
Oct 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Nov 2007
zuda said:
because i hope a season three for the last volume of the LN, and moreover Hibike deserve it.

Just an information for your knowledge, Hibike! Euphonium is based on a Novel. Not an LN (Light Novel). Also, the current pacing of the anime this season suggests that there is a high probability of the anime going into volume 3 within this season. Episode 4 left quite a bit of hint as well. But whether they will be able to squeeze in two volumes in this season remains to be seen.

If this gets a third season, it will be the first for any KyoAni adaptation. However, there is a chance that it may go into a concluding movie that will cover volume 3 and some parts from volume 4 after this season ends. According to stalker estimates, the numbers are as good as the prequel season so the chances look good that we will see a movie if vol. 3 is not covered.
Coronavirus.
Oct 27, 2016 7:30 AM

Apr 2015
Some may just dislike it but some certainly just discount/dislike/disregard HE because it looks absolutely uncool to like. Not just on here neither

Having said that I'm not that crazy about S2 so far yet
Oct 27, 2016 7:30 AM
Aug 2016
Oh really ? It is a novel ? Every where I search was write light novel, even if i wrote Hibike euphonium novel only, so that's why i mistake.

So this season 2 will adapte the 2nd and 3rd volume, good to know
Nov 4, 2016 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
kyoani always finds a way

Nov 4, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2007
Last 10 Years (Year by Year)

2006 — Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
**** — Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage
**** — Gintama
**** — Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
**** — Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
2007 — Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
**** — CLANNAD
**** — Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha
**** — Minami-ke
**** — BACCANO!
2008 — Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
**** — CLANNAD ~ After Story
**** — Toradora!
**** — Natsume Yuujinchou
**** — Ookami to Koushinryou
2009 — Bakemonogatari
**** — Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
**** — K-ON!
**** — Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (2009)
**** — Kimi ni Todoke
2010 — K-ON!!
**** — Angel Beats!
**** — DURARARA!!
**** — Working!!
**** — Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
2011 — Steins;Gate
**** — Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
**** — Chihayafuru
**** — Fate/Zero
**** — Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
2012 — Sword Art Online
**** — Hyouka
**** — Nisemonogatari
**** — Psyco-Pass
**** — Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
2013 — Nagi no Asukara
**** — Shingeki no Kyojin
**** — Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
**** — Hataraku Maou-sama!
**** — Monogatari Series: Second Season
2014 — No Game No Life
**** — Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
**** — Sword Art Online II
**** — Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
**** — Barakamon
2015 — Hibike! Euphonium
**** — Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
**** — Charlotte
**** — One Punch Man
**** — Prison School

Source: Anikore.jp
Coronavirus.
Nov 6, 2016 11:43 PM

Nov 2007
End of Week 5 (Nov 05, 2016)

Overall Impression:

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2
2. 3-gatsu no Lion
3. Natsume Yuujinchou Go
4. Shuumatsu no Izetta (1)
5. Yuri!!! On ICE (1)

Power Ranking:

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2 (2)
2. Yuri!!! On ICE (2)
3. Natsume Yuujinchou Go (2)
4. 3-gatsu no Lion (2)
5. Ajin 2

(1) WWW .Working!! has been overtaken by Shuumatsu no Izetta and Yuri!!! On ICE.
(2) Significant score improvement of all 4 series after episode 5. Hibike! Euphonium (64.1+1.4), 3-gatsu no Lion (60.2+1.2), Natsume Yuujinchou (60.9+0.8), Yuri!!! On ICE (61.7+0.7)

Source: Anikore.jp

Note: I will post them bi-weekly.
Coronavirus.
Nov 20, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2007
End of Week 7 (Nov 19, 2016)

Overall Impression: No change in 2 weeks.

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2
2. 3-gatsu no Lion
3. Natsume Yuujinchou Go
4. Shuumatsu no Izetta
5. Yuri!!! On ICE

Power Ranking:

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2 (65.5+0.5)
2. Yuri!!! On ICE (62.4 + 0)
3. Natsume Yuujinchou Go (61.7 + 0)
4. 3-gatsu no Lion (61.4 - 0.2)
5. Ajin 2 (59.3 + 0)

The only anime in top 5 that had an improved power ranking was Hibike! Euphnoium 2 (+0.5). Surprised to see that Yuri!!! On ICE hadn't made an improvement considering how MAL is treating it like the best thing since the last best thing.
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2016 2:33 PM

Apr 2014
This is great! Keep up with the work!
Katsu-kunNov 28, 2016 2:47 PM
Dec 2, 2016 11:05 PM

Nov 2007
End of Week 9 (Dec 02, 2016)

Overall Impression:

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2
2. 3-gatsu no Lion
3. Natsume Yuujinchou Go
4. Yuri!!! On ICE
5. Shuumatsu no Izetta

Power Ranking:

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2 (66 + 0.1)
2. Yuri!!! On ICE (62.4 - 0.2)
3. Natsume Yuujinchou Go (61.7 + 0.2)
4. 3-gatsu no Lion (61.2 - 0.4)
5. Ajin 2 (59.3 + 0.2)

Hibike! Euphonium 2 continues its biweekly score improvement — the only anime to have achieved this feat after the first 9 weeks in the top 10 anime in Fall 2016. Note: I haven't kept track of anime outside top 10. The difference between the top 2 in power ranking is quite significant, a considerable 3.9 pts at this point. At this time, I am almost certain that Hibike! Euphonium 2 will hold on to that lead or improve on it in the final third of the Fall season. Which makes me happy!

3-gatsu no Lion continues the drop in power ranking, this time with a significant drop (0.4 pts). It still maintains position 4 because of significant score improvement (still 1.3 pts more than Ajin 2) after e/o Week 5. Ajin improved on score. However, I doubt it will be able to catch up 3-gatsu no Lion by the end of Week 12 (or final week of Fall 2016).

Yuri!!! On ICE surprised me again as it actually went down on power ranking this week by 0.2 pts. I don't know the reason since the rating actually got better in MAL during the past two weeks.
shanimebibDec 2, 2016 11:09 PM
Coronavirus.
Dec 3, 2016 5:39 AM

Apr 2016
There are some big differences with the rating on MAL. For instance the rating of Haikyuu and drifters. I wonder if another kind of demographic might be the explanation or if it's just cultural.
Dec 3, 2016 5:41 AM

Jan 2013
Doesn't save this season from being a damn disgrace :/
Dec 16, 2016 9:55 PM

Nov 2007
End of Week 11 (Dec 16, 2016)

Overall Impression:

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2
2. 3-gatsu no Lion
3. Natsume Yuujinchou Go
4. Occultic;Nine
5. Yuri!!! On ICE

I don't follow Occultic;Nine so I don't know if anything notable happened between week 9 to week 11 that made it leapfrog a number of anime.

Power Ranking:

1. Hibike! Euphonium 2 (66.1 + 1.0)
2. Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou (59.1 + 6.4)
3. Yuri!!! On ICE (62.2 + 0.4)
4. Natsume Yuujinchou Go (61.9 + 0.3)
5. 3-gatsu no Lion (60.8 + 0.5)

Hibike! Euphonium 2 continues its biweekly score improvement — this is the biggest jump (1.0 pts) it had since episode 5. Most notably after episode 11 (0.7 pts) suggesting fans from Japan actually liked Reina and Taki's backstory as opposed to MAL's.

Haikyuu's 6.4 pts jump is also helped by the fact that the anime has finished airing. Cannot wait to marathon it.

I have dropped Yuri!!! On ICE but I heard episode 11 wasn't appreciated that much by MAL fans so that contradicts how fans in Japan took it (as the power ranking improved after episode 11) yet again.

All other anime in the top 10 except for Ajin (which dropped below Occultic;Nine) had improved pts from Week 9 to Week 11. Good weeks overall for the anime airing these two weeks.
Coronavirus.
Dec 26, 2016 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
There are some big differences with the rating on MAL. For instance the rating of Haikyuu and drifters. I wonder if another kind of demographic might be the explanation or if it's just cultural.
We can wonder about cultural differences and demographics. Are numbers available broken down that way? How did Hibike do among lesbian women who usually buy yuri titles? Do Japanese market researchers keep track of them?

We can even wonder if the Japanese Hibike! audience is a better judge of relationship themes and characters in this series than a foreign audience. How suitably equipped is each segment of the audience if we divided it by cultural or national background. That would make for a fun thread or topic, don't you think? Not what is being suggested here though, right? Nor written to suggest I'd be qualified to comment, but that wouldn’t stop me from commenting and I'd be interested in seeing the reactions from people trained in such subject matter.

If there are any girls in the audience who aren't sure about the nature of their own feelings for their female classmates - I consider it quite useful to point out that those feelings don't neceassrily have to be "just" friendship. Such a girl may well be a lesbian. Even if the series isn't about that, it is still useful to point out the possibility. Perhaps even more so if that isn't made clear in the series itself - or its specials. This comment was not posted to suggest that friendship is an inferior form of relationship, of course.

* by a.o. Komashaku Kimi in her work "Murasaki Shikibu no Messeeji" as noted by Joshua Mostow in the introduction of his own book "Pictures of the Heart".
removed-userDec 26, 2016 8:15 PM
Dec 27, 2016 1:40 AM

Apr 2016
VersoSciolto said:

If there are any girls in the audience who aren't sure about the nature of their own feelings for their female classmates - I consider it quite useful to point out that those feelings don't neceassrily have to be "just" friendship. Such a girl may well be a lesbian. Even if the series isn't about that, it is still useful to point out the possibility. Perhaps even more so if that isn't made clear in the series itself - or its specials. This comment was not posted to suggest that friendship is an inferior form of relationship, of course.

* by a.o. Komashaku Kimi in her work "Murasaki Shikibu no Messeeji" as noted by Joshua Mostow in the introduction of his own book "Pictures of the Heart".

If you want to prove that japan society like most of other western societies is misogynistic, well, I have no problem with that. I know it already. If you think that Takeda's work is misogynistic because she portrays this misogynistic society too realistically, you're wrong or more precisely, you're not fair, because I think the same critic could go to the vast majority of published literature and the anime industry. Yes, I, too, wonder every time I see a girl in a kitchen and how I should interpret it, however I won't shout and think "mysoginy" every time I see something like that, I prefer to look at the whole picture before jumping to conclusion.

Furthermore, Lesbian's issue could but must not be addressed in her work if she doesn't want to. In the end you sound like you're one of these people who are just disappointed that neither Reina nor Kumiko were lesbians. It's real life, some are, some are not, and here is a story of two girls who were not. Period. There's no real reason to condemn Takeda's work for that. No novelist is forced to insert a gay romance in his/her book or even address the possibility. No one.

Again, I tried to help you and I'll repeat once more : Take a step back, try to think about the way you think. Self-reflection. When you'll be able to criticize your own point of view, you'll have made a step toward more fairness in your judgement.
Good luck!

On topic with demographic issue :
anikore.jp might have a better parity male/female than MAL. Just a supposition from me.
In the case of Drifter for instance, the higher ratings here in MAL might be explained by a higher percentage overall of the targeted shonen (young male) audience.
Dec 27, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2013
FlameTaJaDoru said:
>made by kyoani
>pretty as shit
>cute girls
>well-written
>yuri-bait

And music. Don't forget about glorious orchestral music.
Dec 27, 2016 4:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Dec 27, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2016

dream festival above hibike?

how do you explain that?
Dec 27, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is pretty popular on /a/. The people of /a/ are very loyal to this series and some of them are cool.
Dec 27, 2016 10:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

dream festival above hibike?

how do you explain that?
Idol anime and sports anime are the two most popular kinds of fujoshi-bait shows. Hence why stuff like Uta no Prince-sama has a million seasons. Japan eats that stuff up no matter what
Dec 27, 2016 7:40 PM

Nov 2007
Just for the record:

Power Ranking (As of Dec 27, 2016):

*1. Haikyuu S3 || 68.8 (Finished Airing)
*2. Hibike! Euphonium 2 || 68.1 (Still Airing)
*3. Natsume Go || 66.4 (Finished Airing)
*4. Yuri!!! On ICE || 65.5 (Finished Airing)
*5. Occultic;Nine || 64.5 (Finished Airing)
*6. Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume || 63.1 (Finished Airing)
*6. Ajin 2 || 63.1 (Finished Airing)
*8. Fune wo Amu || 63.0 (Finished Airing)
*9. ViVid Strike! || 62.9 (Finished Airing)
10. Keijo!!!!!!!! || 62.7 (Finished Airing)

Most of the shows got a conventional boost after they finished airing. Hibike! Euphonium 2 is the only one still airing (and ranked #2) and I am assuming it will be around 72 once it is set as "finished airing" based on the normal trend which will make it rank 4th or 5th overall for 2016 calendar year.
Coronavirus.
Dec 27, 2016 7:43 PM

Dec 2014
Infatuate said:
So is this actually decent ala old kyoani or just more pandering trash (Yuri in this case)
It's KyoAni at its finest.
Dec 28, 2016 3:48 AM
Jul 2018

My argument might well be that misogynistic tendencies in Japan may not make the citizens of that country in general, or buyers of this product in particular, any more qualified than foreign watchers to judge the relationships in, or quality of, this series.
Just because the criticism can be applied to other authors, series and the industry at large does not exempt Takeda or her creation from criticism. Can I be labeled a hypocrite for not pointing out the ridicule of a gay character in, for example, Nodame but single out Hibike!, no doubt. That still doesn't make the criticism itself invalid.
Attraction between young women is addressed in this series. It is not unreasonable to expect acknowledgement that same sex romantic relationships aren't restricted to puberty. In the absence of such acknowledgement within the work itself it is fully justified for a critic to note and address the topic in conversations about this work. Especially since the work is created for a teenage target audience.
You don't have any real indication beyond supposition that anikore breaks down their numbers for this series demographically, do you? Nor do you have any idea how Japanese lesbians reacted to this series either, do you?
If you do, or anyone else does, please feel free to post such information in this thread so that we might get beyond the anecdotal reports of a few biased commentators. Present company not excluded.

Perhaps doing so is not a good idea. Perhaps Japanese women want to be left alone until the situation here changes sufficiently that coming out doesn't imperil their livelihoods and living conditions. Portraying dystopian society through inordinate focus on High School experiences is good. Advocating for improvement is misguided and immature. Wrong impression?

Do you think this series makes people more, or less, accepting of same sex relationships?
More or less aware of the existence of such relationships - in its many permutations- beyond high school?
Dec 28, 2016 3:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just wait until next week's BD/DVD sales and you'll see what's really been successful for this season. Yuri on Ice is currently predicted at about 34-35k for volume 1, which would put it at about top 25-30 all-time for first volume sales iirc
Dec 28, 2016 5:26 AM

Apr 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Just wait until next week's BD/DVD sales and you'll see what's really been successful for this season. Yuri on Ice is currently predicted at about 34-35k for volume 1, which would put it at about top 25-30 all-time for first volume sales iirc

Since you're speaking now about the DVD sales.

You said the advantage in tweets for Dream festival in front of Hibike was normal due to japanese taste, does this preference shows through aswell in DVD sales (or prediction) betwenn both series?
Dec 28, 2016 6:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
HaXXspetten said:

Since you're speaking now about the DVD sales.

You said the advantage in tweets for Dream festival in front of Hibike was normal due to japanese taste, does this preference shows through aswell in DVD sales (or prediction) betwenn both series?
No it doesn't seem to be selling very much (was at about 800 week 1). But idol shows tend to get a large portion of their sales from related live events and merchandise so take that with a grain of salt (also I know next to nothing about Dream Festival beyond the fact that it's a boys' idol anime).
Can see here:
http://www.someanithing.com/5902
(four weeks outdated mind you; some of the "upcoming" ones are already released now, can see the weekly sales updates for those)
Dec 28, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2008
shanimebib said:

with those adversaries, no wonder...
Dec 28, 2016 11:40 PM

May 2015
MasterProX said:
puella_magi said:
And music. Don't forget about glorious orchestral music.

Concert band, not orchestra. Big difference (at least, to me, as an orchestral musician); not that either is better than the other or anything, of course.

Difference? Not really.

Dec 30, 2016 5:11 AM

Nov 2007
Bangumi has published Japan's Top 5 TV anime of 2016 based on viewers ratings in Japan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Top 5 TV anime of 2015 in case anyone is interested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn! I think I will have to catch up on JOJO. I have yet to see Haikyuu S3 too. Don't know much about Mob Psycho so may as well give it a shot because it is from ONE and I really enjoyed One Punch Man. I don't know why but Gintama° is listed as a 2015 anime even though the best episodes aired in early 2016. Probably because it started airing in 2015?

Source: Bangumi.tv
Coronavirus.
Dec 30, 2016 5:28 AM

Mar 2014
shanimebib said:
Bangumi has published Japan's Top 5 TV anime of 2016 based on viewers ratings in Japan.

Here is the Top 5 TV anime of 2015 in case anyone is interested.

Damn! I think I will have to catch up on JOJO. I have yet to see Haikyuu S3 too. Don't know much about Mob Psycho so may as well give it a shot because it is from ONE and I really enjoyed One Punch Man. I don't know why but Gintama° is listed as a 2015 anime even though the best episodes aired in early 2016. Probably because it started airing in 2015?

Source: Bangumi.tv
Amazing! Hibike deservedly dominated. And yeah, Gintama's not in the 2016 list because I'm pretty sure they go by the year it aired, so it doesn't matter if it goes into the next year.
Dec 30, 2016 11:36 AM

Nov 2007
ziggy_Z said:
Amazing! Hibike deservedly dominated. And yeah, Gintama's not in the 2016 list because I'm pretty sure they go by the year it aired, so it doesn't matter if it goes into the next year.

I can now confirm what you said because Shirobako was the #1 anime in TV anime category in 2014 in their list, although the second half of the anime ended in 2015. I dunno how to feel about it because it was the final two episodes (that aired in 2015) that took Shirobako to the height it reached. I have never seen such a jump in score after one episode (episode 23) in my time being an anime fan (at least for as long as I followed anime ratings), the jump was bigger than episode 12 of Steins; Gate. Ironically, Gintama°'s best episodes aired in 2016 as well, the SA and FS arc.
Coronavirus.
Dec 30, 2016 11:37 AM

Sep 2009
I'm not impressed, because all of the anime on that list that I've actually watched are mediocre.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 30, 2016 12:00 PM

Nov 2007
anikore has just updated 2016 Fall Anime Ranking. (Well, not actually just, they updated it last night.)

That should do it!
Coronavirus.
Dec 30, 2016 12:04 PM

Nov 2007
Comment: The top 4 is more or less understandable but is there anyone here has been following Occultic; Nine? Can anyone share their opinion on it because I see a couple of reviews with scores 1/10 (the most voted one) and 2/10 here in MAL.

Also, I heard that Hibike! Euphonium 2 ranked 8th in TV anime category in niconico poll for the entire calendar year 2016. But the poll was conducted before the final episode. I wonder if it would have reflected better or worse in the results if it was conducted later. Anyone has the link for it?

anikore's entire calendar year ranking will be probably available early Jan'17. Right now it seems the one to take the first place would be either Erased or Re:Zero.
Coronavirus.
Dec 31, 2016 2:38 AM
Jan 2009
shanimebib said:
Comment: The top 4 is more or less understandable but is there anyone here has been following Occultic; Nine? Can anyone share their opinion on it because I see a couple of reviews with scores 1/10 (the most voted one) and 2/10 here in MAL.

You should probably check the Occultic;Nine forum for that.

(In short: the story was interesting, but it had significant pacing issues. It was okay on the whole.)
Pie is delicious.

Dec 31, 2016 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
V2Blast said:
You should probably check the Occultic;Nine forum for that.

(In short: the story was interesting, but it had significant pacing issues. It was okay on the whole.)

I did. It does seem like the pacing was an issue plus people comparing it to S;G. I was curious because the rating was rather low in Japan during the first half and then it suddenly picked up around the final few weeks. Thought it could have pulled something grand like few other shows towards the end but when I went to check MAL reviews I got 1s and 2s and the final episode's rating in MAL was quite average as well and that's why I asked.

Thanks for the reply.
Coronavirus.
Jan 5, 2017 8:45 PM

Nov 2007
2ch has published the Top 5 Anime of 2016:

1位 響け!ユーフォニアム2
WT Sound! Euphonium 2
PSt Kyoto Animation
Ow anime-eupho.com

2位 この素晴らしい世界に祝福を!
WT God's Blessing on this Wonderful World
PSt Studio Deen
Ow konosuba.com

3位 Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活
WT Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World-
PSt White Fox
Ow re-zero-anime.jp

4位 僕だけがいない街
WT ERASED
PSt A-1 Pictures
Ow bokumachi-anime.com

5位 ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 ダイヤモンドは砕けない
WT JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
PSt David Production
Ow jojo-animation.com

Source: Yaraon
Coronavirus.
Jan 5, 2017 11:51 PM

Nov 2007
Comment: Hibike! Euphonium 2 is the only anime to make Top 3 TV anime of 2016 calendar year of anikore, bangumi and 2ch. I think HS leader did a great job on predicting this. :)

Coronavirus.
Jan 24, 2017 3:03 PM

Nov 2007
Anikore's Top 5 TV Anime of 2016 Calendar Year:

Note: Hibike! Euphonium 2 is the only anime to make it in the Top 5 (actually Top 3) TV anime of 2016 of bangumi, anikore and 2ch. It also made it in the Top 10 (mostly within Top 5) of all other Japanese anime rating sites/polls I have checked a feat that is not met by any other anime of 2016. This concludes my posts in this section.
Coronavirus.

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.