Forum Settings
Forums

What to do if S1 is awesome but the S2 is bad?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 22, 2016 3:56 AM

Feb 2015
Watch season 1.
If I liked it enough, give season 2 a try, otherwise leave it at that.
Oct 22, 2016 3:58 AM

Feb 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Can you show me an anime whose seasons are split, but shouldn't be this way?

Fate/Zero.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate_Zero
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11741/Fate_Zero_2nd_Season

Why!?!
Oct 24, 2016 2:18 AM

May 2015
Milennin said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
Can you show me an anime whose seasons are split, but shouldn't be this way?

Fate/Zero.

Why!?!

Can you elaborate? The premises make it sound like they're two different stories, different stages of the Grail Wars.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 24, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2013
Watch first season, then move on to the manga if it has one.
Oct 24, 2016 7:48 AM

Jun 2016
watch first try second. worst case i drop it
Scream!
Oct 25, 2016 12:29 AM

Jun 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
Milennin said:

Fate/Zero.

Why!?!

Can you elaborate? The premises make it sound like they're two different stories, different stages of the Grail Wars.

S2E1 could've been S1E14 and you wouldn't have noticed. It jumps right back into the battle that was about to begin in the previous episode. What happens after the battle is business as usual. The initial situation described in Season 2's synopsis was simply the current situation, not a summation of everything that had happened prior.

To compare with something you've watched, it would be like if they split Mirai Nikki into two seasons of 13 episodes instead of releasing an episode a week for all 26.

You would have the same basic flow of events between Mirai Nikki & Fate/Zero between seasons: fights with other people, then the special event between seasons, then more fights with other people.
Oct 25, 2016 9:57 PM

May 2015
TKB928 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

S2E1 could've been S1E14 and you wouldn't have noticed. It jumps right back into the battle that was about to begin in the previous episode. What happens after the battle is business as usual. The initial situation described in Season 2's synopsis was simply the current situation, not a summation of everything that had happened prior.

To compare with something you've watched, it would be like if they split Mirai Nikki into two seasons of 13 episodes instead of releasing an episode a week for all 26.

You would have the same basic flow of events between Mirai Nikki & Fate/Zero between seasons: fights with other people, then the special event between seasons, then more fights with other people.

Actually, it would make sense to split Mirai Nikki around that part. After that arc, Y&Y's relationship changes dramatically.

But yes, I see your point.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 26, 2016 2:19 PM
Nov 2013
Watch both seasons. But lower expectations for season 2. Though usually people don't like second seasons, because the beginning of things are so great in season one, and you're being introduced to the world and all the characters and the environment. And then season two is just some continuation.
Oct 26, 2016 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Watch both seasons, then pretend the 2nd one doesn't exist.

That's right, Psycho-Pass 2 never happened!
Oct 26, 2016 10:44 PM

Sep 2014
Watch them both and form an opinion of your own. Don't let others decide whether it's good for you.
You will miss on stuff. Sure, it might often turn out as people say, but that's not always the case.

For example, people keep talking shit about the second season of Darker than Black, when it's actually better than the mess the original was.
Oct 26, 2016 11:07 PM

Jul 2015
Look for doujinshi to make the second season more... Appealing
Oct 28, 2016 2:34 PM

Jul 2016
Me being id be tempted to watch it in case somthing sugoi happpends
Oct 31, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2009
Robiiii said:
Lemme explain
If season 1 is highly praised by fans and season 2 just isnt good at all (according to fans) what to do?

Try to explain if you decide to do so

If I loved the first season then I will watch the 2nd season regardless of how many people it sucks.I will be judge of whether or not that second season sucks.
Oct 31, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2016
Skip Season 2. I ain't even got time to watch the good stuff I wanna watch, let alone garbage.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Oct 31, 2016 8:37 AM

Sep 2013
I would watch both regardless of what anyone says. Everyone has different opinions so while they might have hated season 2, I might enjoy it myself.
Oct 31, 2016 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
Usually I watch both seasons anyways cause I'm a completionist cunt, but in rare occassions I do ignore the sequel. So far only Psycho-Pass has made that exception.
Oct 31, 2016 9:04 AM

Oct 2016
Read/play the fucking source material and forget about any shitty adaptation that ruins the image of said series
Oct 31, 2016 12:19 PM

Feb 2016
Watch the 2. season anyway but pretend it doesn't exist
Oct 31, 2016 11:07 PM
Jan 2008
The usual case is that you've finished watching the season one and liked it enough that you're eager to watch the season one. Then it comes and oops, how do i put it? It's better not to have season 2 after all. So my suggestion is to drop the second season. If you haven't watched the first season, better not watch it, too. Less disappointment.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

11 by AryaVai »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - Yesterday

26 by MeguSae38 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - May 3

25 by deg »»
19 minutes ago

» Happy Mother's Day, Who Are Anime's Best Moms ?

tchitchouan - Yesterday

22 by logopolis »»
25 minutes ago

» why is myanimelist aka mal not popular in china?

deg - Yesterday

25 by traed »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.