Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 17, 2016 3:04 PM

Dec 2015
Just give us the fourth season of Hannibal for fuck's sake.
Sep 17, 2016 3:31 PM
Apr 2016
Why are people so mad about this show getting a second season? Some people liked it and nobody is forcing you to watch it. Bunch of whiny fucking babies. Don't you have anything better to do than pine for the failure of an adaptation of the manga you revere so much? And then the people acting like Ufotable and Madhouse are the only studios capable of producing good anime. They do great work but c'mon get your heads out of your asses.
Sep 17, 2016 7:05 PM

Jul 2015
i'm not surprised. but then again cgi is the future of anime.
Sep 17, 2016 9:22 PM
Jun 2016
didnt really expect that this adaptation of berserk will gonna follow with another season of torture and agony about the crappy cheap AF Cgi for the crying berserk fans lol
Sep 17, 2016 9:43 PM

Apr 2015
This hurts my soul
Sep 18, 2016 12:35 AM
Jul 2007
MonkeyDMike said:
Lol this abomination will have a 2nd season.Their audacity is limitless.

I was watching the ending with Casca and Gutts ending visual thinking great this shit is over. Then it has the Spring 2017... Oh god, the horror!!!!
Sep 18, 2016 3:51 AM

Dec 2015
ziggy_Z said:
Touka__Kirishima said:
Literally all I want for Christmas is the announcement of Madhouse animating the next season :( Is it really too much to ask? I don't even care about fancy animations, the 1997 adaptation was perfect, if only they just continued from there.
Define perfect.

And c'mon dude, if MH get their hands on it, the final arc will never be adapted.

Deep down, I would have been happy to wait a few years for Berserk to receive an adaptation it truly deserves.
~
Sep 18, 2016 5:15 AM

Sep 2014
superzombie23 said:
MonkeyDMike said:

I was watching the ending with Casca and Gutts ending visual thinking great this shit is over. Then it has the Spring 2017... Oh god, the horror!!!!

If you managed to finish it you are a hero,dude. xD
I watched only the first episode and my reaction was like Guts,when he puked. xD
Sep 18, 2016 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
I'm game for some more.

Episode 1 was a train-wreck and Miura's 'original' episodes was... interesting; however, the rest was faithfully adapted and God damn do I appreciate that.

All I can ask for is of course, better CGI. Comparing episode 1 to the later episodes, there was definitely an improvement. I'd hope they continue that trend going into season 2. Otherwise, aside from the sword clanking.. The VAs chosen, soundtrack, etc. for the show I thought were pretty solid.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 18, 2016 6:14 AM

Sep 2015
D%$# you all for those who are criticizing berserk. Even though they have the flaw of putting much cgi, that doesnt mean you can call it bad. Wait till berserk get a new artwork and I'll be seeing y'all faces reaction after that.
Sep 18, 2016 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
Someone set LINDEN on fire so another studio can take over.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 18, 2016 8:33 PM

May 2009
Chaotic_beauty said:
ichii_1 said:
Season 2 Confirmed

Don't say another Goddamn word. Up until now, I've been considerate. If they really go through with this - with just one more episode - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for Berserk (2016) this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, Japan will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above Tokyo, and from it will rain a thousand bleeding whales. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, Millepensee will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before they are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

This is one of my favorite copypasta of all time. No joke.
Sep 18, 2016 9:08 PM
Jan 2016
There's nothing wrong with CGI (well, normally, it was pretty stiff in this adaptation though), the main problem with Berserk 2016 was the directing. Everything could have been lovingly hand-drawn, but it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the director's (https://myanimelist.net/people/5652/Itagaki_Shin) 20 years of experience is directing anime with the same erratic camera angles, overly-bright colors, extreme closeups/reaction shots, and still frames to imply action rather than actually show action. Whether you love or hate Berserk 2016, you have to admit that we spent way too much time admiring Guts' flapping cape or being shown someone's face when the meat of the action is happening off screen.

The fundamental problem is that Berserk is dark, dramatic, and action-packed while the director has only one anime under his belt with similar themes (Devil May Cry). Hopefully he learned his lessons from this first season and improves in the second season, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Sep 18, 2016 11:12 PM

Sep 2016
do girls watch berserk
Sep 18, 2016 11:21 PM

Sep 2015
Apart from atrocious CG, I did have a little enjoyment in this series that kept me continue watching it, however. I even decided to read the manga because of that.

Hopefully they learned something from the first season. Just come with better CG and little improvements here and there, I think there is nothing wrong with the idea for second season.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Sep 19, 2016 5:30 AM
Nov 2015
MonkeyDMike said:

They really have the Guts lol.

I'm ok with almost everything in the 2.5D animation, but they really suck when they try to make Guts look angry, it's too much for me. I could resist to the rest at some level.
Sep 19, 2016 9:12 AM

Aug 2016
Can someone explain to me why the people that hate the show bothered to watch it?
Sep 19, 2016 11:36 AM
Apr 2009
TheLittleRedHero said:
Klaudijusss said:
So don't watch it, you masochist.

I can just not pick this up and ignore the second season, that's it. Usually when I pick a first season I would decide whether or not I should watch the second so.
Then shut the fuck up and stop bitching about it. The onus is entirely on you for deciding to continue following an adaption that you seem to despise.
Sep 22, 2016 5:13 PM

Sep 2010
Right after anime ended Berserk manga went back on Haitus that is supposed to last till early 2017.

If that really happen (with bersker we never know) it will mean that the berserk chapters were and will be coming out when Berserk anime is happening.

In that case, we should all pry for as many seasons as possible as this could be possibly Miura's cure for hiatuses!
Sep 23, 2016 10:09 AM

Apr 2016
ziggy_Z said:

Define perfect.

And c'mon dude, if MH get their hands on it, the final arc will never be adapted.

Hah, I think by the time the final arc comes out we'll all have great-great-grandchildren.

Well, at least now we know where half of the budget for the first season went, and here I thought Shin Itagaki spent it on booze and bitches.
Sep 23, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2012
Pv No CG

anyone know the ost played?

hritkr said:
do girls watch berserk

yes lol why they wouldn't ?

Sep 26, 2016 5:40 PM
Mar 2012
All these crying plebs, why have u guys watched it if u hate it that much? I do agree that this is fucking bad.. I started reading the manga, I don't read manga usually, because that I wanted more of the berserk world and berserk 2016 was NOT the way to get more of it from. But at least I don't write retarded stuff such as "One more episode and I will kill myself" because clearly u have made the choice of watching this whole season and I bet you will watch the next season too. Stop making it sound like there was someone who had a gun to your head and yelled "WATCH IT!" when it was yourself who held that gun.
Sep 29, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2015
I watched this legally so yes i am partially responsible for this. But even if the anime had taken place right after the first anime, with 2d animation. i don't think everyone would have been satisfied with it.

But oh well i'll buy the manga to see what the all the fuss is about.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

989 by JosefStalinium »»
Apr 20, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

181 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:58 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.