Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 9, 2016 7:06 AM

Sep 2015
It should have ended years ago lol Pierrot sucks
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
Sep 9, 2016 7:07 AM

Aug 2010
It's about damn time it ends. Should've been over a year ago instead of those horrible fillers. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the show, but it has ruined itself to a point for me. I just hope they make the final battle more than 2 lousy episodes after all that crap waiting through useless fillers.
Sep 9, 2016 7:07 AM

Sep 2015
jayss said:
Feels good to put it in your completed list, even though you skipped 100+ episodes worth of fillers
that's cheating how can you put completed if you didn't complete it
Sep 9, 2016 7:11 AM

Feb 2015
Good thing it will be finishes so that those who are yet to die will feel that their lives is complete... Too bad to those who're dead though...
Sep 9, 2016 7:40 AM
Dec 2013
Pretty sure it isn't, though. It will adapt up to chapter 699 of the manga, but then will adapt the Naruto books focusing on Shikamaru, the Hidden Leaf Village, and Sasuke, then finally adapt chapter 700, and then end. My guess is that the show will end in December.
Sep 9, 2016 8:08 AM

Oct 2012
Ryuzaki said:
jayss said:
Feels good to put it in your completed list, even though you skipped 100+ episodes worth of fillers
please, just don't call the MAL police
Sep 9, 2016 8:11 AM

Jun 2015
I wouldn't mind if it will continue, don't really care if you call it milking or just going on.
Sep 9, 2016 8:14 AM

May 2015
Naruto's anime adaptation hasn't been marginally good for more than a decade by this point. Not happiness or sadness, so much as indifference.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 9, 2016 8:17 AM
Nov 2015
Hydrous said:

hope a new awesome shounen comes up

we can only hope

robiu013 said:
Well it's not ending. They plan to adapt the side character novels, that came out after the manga ended, but to me that pretty much means it's done. I guess I'm interested in the Shikamaru story, but based on how lame the Itachi adaptation was, I'm not expecting much.

So my thoughts are more relief, that it's finally over, rather than happiness or sadness. It wasn't all that enjoyable for the last 100-200 episodes anyway. The writing quality was in decline since the chuunin exams, Naruto stopped being a likeable character, once everybody started to magically agree with his preaching and the battles were really stale in the last arc (with the exception of Madara mowing down the alliance and the minute and half kunai showdown between Kakashi and Obito in the different dimension). Even when canon episodes were on, I was skipping aproximately 10 minutes of an episode's material, because they kept throwing out the same flashback stuff, they already shown us many times before.

Nice essay. Can you prove your statement about Pierrot adapting the side character novels or its just a theory? Because Im pretty sure its just a false rumor

cookies0 said:
anidju said:

are you going to miss the best battle shounen anime of our generation?

Top tier bait right there. Other trolls on MAL should learn from this.

bait?

Sep 9, 2016 9:07 AM

Jan 2015

Give me that Naruto Sasuke fight, Haven't watched a single episode in over a year.
Sep 9, 2016 9:33 AM

Aug 2014
anidju said:

robiu013 said:
Well it's not ending. They plan to adapt the side character novels, that came out after the manga ended, but to me that pretty much means it's done. I guess I'm interested in the Shikamaru story, but based on how lame the Itachi adaptation was, I'm not expecting much.

So my thoughts are more relief, that it's finally over, rather than happiness or sadness. It wasn't all that enjoyable for the last 100-200 episodes anyway. The writing quality was in decline since the chuunin exams, Naruto stopped being a likeable character, once everybody started to magically agree with his preaching and the battles were really stale in the last arc (with the exception of Madara mowing down the alliance and the minute and half kunai showdown between Kakashi and Obito in the different dimension). Even when canon episodes were on, I was skipping aproximately 10 minutes of an episode's material, because they kept throwing out the same flashback stuff, they already shown us many times before.

Nice essay. Can you prove your statement about Pierrot adapting the side character novels or its just a theory? Because Im pretty sure its just a false rumor

LeftWingGuerilla already dropped a link, but just in case I'll drop a different one, that informed me about it:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/08/naruto-anime-to-shift-focus-on-life-after-manga-chapter-699/
Sep 9, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2015
jayss said:
Ryuzaki said:
please, just don't call the MAL police
Snitches get stitches even on mal lol
Sep 9, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2008
ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 9, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
Then watch as Boruto gets an announcement and follows the filler trend.
Sep 10, 2016 4:02 AM
Jun 2014
SkyWing0 said:
chaotic-overlord said:
It's not ending next month, unfortunately a while ago they announced they were adapting novels that take place before chapter 700, so we've got a lot more than 1 month left until the actual ending.

Novels? Since when Naruto became a novel?

They started making novels soon after the manga ended, they've just recently announced a new one. But in terms of the series chronology, most of them take place before chapter 700, so my guess is they'll adapt the said novels, then finally do the ending.
Sep 10, 2016 5:06 AM

Apr 2015
Very happy about this. About time for that.
Sep 20, 2016 9:33 PM
Aug 2016
Well it won't end for me for another 2 to 3 years since I watch it dubbed.
Sep 20, 2016 10:46 PM

Feb 2016
oh shit, no!!! i dont wanna lose amount of penny for ending time prediction :D
Sep 28, 2016 7:04 AM

Mar 2014
Its not tho gotta adapt those novels yo
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 29, 2016 1:50 AM

Jan 2013
I'm actually sad but happy as well.
Sep 29, 2016 3:56 AM

Dec 2009
The fact people don't pay attention to anime news is pretty sad. Yes the manga storyline is ending after the final battle, but the anime is continuing with the adaptation of the light novels (most likely followed by adapting the Boruto manga). The series isn't anywhere close to ending.
Sep 29, 2016 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
So how many eps exactly to the ending? I have stopped watching it at ep 400 and it s like more than a year
Sep 29, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2012
I just hope there's not a whole lot of filler these last couple episodes
Sep 29, 2016 12:21 PM

May 2010
kingfroggy said:
So how many eps exactly to the ending? I have stopped watching it at ep 400 and it s like more than a year

"Final" battle is about to end pretty soon, but anime sure isn't. There are at least a few volumes of Naruto light novels they are going to adapt.
Sep 29, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
kingfroggy said:

"Final" battle is about to end pretty soon, but anime sure isn't. There are at least a few volumes of Naruto light novels they are going to adapt.
nono i mean 476-477 are about the final battle sauke vs naruto so after this naruto become hokage and it ends..but my question is: how many eps to animate these scenes.. i hope max 2 or 3 or more?
Sep 29, 2016 1:08 PM

May 2010
kingfroggy said:
Kitsu-nee said:

nono i mean 476-477 are about the final battle sauke vs naruto so after this naruto become hokage and it ends..but my question is: how many eps to animate these scenes.. i hope max 2 or 3 or more?

Ah, so that's what you meant. In that case, I'm also guessing 2 episodes at most for ending their fight, only a few chapters are left after all. I seriously doubt that they will show Naruto becoming hokage right after that, but I guess we will now for sure within a month or so.
Sep 29, 2016 1:48 PM
Dec 2014
Naruto Shipuuden till the Pain's arc > > > after the Pain's arc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2016
Honestly sad but also relieved. After so many fillers they animated to the part I consider the canon ended aka Sasuke and Naruto's battle and it was beautiful. It is an end of an era.
Sep 29, 2016 2:23 PM
Apr 2013

it is sad i used to have dreams about them :\
Sep 30, 2016 5:52 AM

Apr 2011
Isnt it going till 500 episodes?
+ new Opening and ending next week so i believe it makes sense.
Sep 30, 2016 7:23 AM
Oct 2013
Seidou_Takizawa said:
Dear god finally!!!!

>Boruto gets announced

Fu**...

P.S: since when is Naruto considered "the best battle shounen anime of our generation" ?

Outside of Mal and within the fanbase of casual Anime fans that don´t prefer Dragon Ball or One Piece or even Bleach since the early 2000´s.
Sep 30, 2016 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Isterio said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:
Dear god finally!!!!

>Boruto gets announced

Fu**...

P.S: since when is Naruto considered "the best battle shounen anime of our generation" ?

Outside of Mal and within the fanbase of casual Anime fans that don´t prefer Dragon Ball or One Piece or even Bleach since the early 2000´s.

Soooo only dirty casuals consider Naruto as "the best battle shounen anime of our generation", okay that makes sense ^^
Sep 30, 2016 6:29 PM
Oct 2013
Seidou_Takizawa said:

Soooo only dirty casuals consider Naruto as "the best battle shounen anime of our generation", okay that makes sense ^^

How dare they be individuals and have their own taste?

Everybody knows Anime is meant to ask for the meaning of life even when it actually doesnt!
Sep 30, 2016 9:17 PM

Nov 2008
anidju said:
There are like 5 episodes left till its over...

are you going to miss the best battle shounen anime of our generation?
Uh, Naruto is NOT ending because there doing the novel's that happened between 699 and 700.

Also wow people are believing this dumbass shit without any proof of it ending.

Also here's your proof. http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/08/naruto-anime-to-shift-focus-on-life-after-manga-chapter-699/
HollowIchigo58Oct 2, 2016 12:44 PM
Sep 30, 2016 11:48 PM

Sep 2012
Look its normal that Naruto has a lot of fillers, yes some are really bad and some are good but its necessary. Just imagine how hard and difficultt it is to air 1 episode every week. They need to rethink how to animate the manga, dialoguo, sounds, art, animation recheck it several times and of course the ost. These things need a lot of time and with these last 2 episodes they delivered amazing quality it was even better then the manga. Look at One Piece... Its terrible with pacing and animation. The one and only anime that touched so many hearts, we learned a lot, friendship,love,the bad, the happiness, the pain of losing someone dear. This anime delivered

Im stoned atm srry for my bad english :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2016 5:08 AM

Sep 2016
People think that boruto is going to be big. Well its not. Because the manga was only 10 chapters and 1 anime episode>1 manga chapter
Oct 1, 2016 5:15 AM

Feb 2016
So are there gonna be more fucking fillers after the fight? i m waiting for the end (naruto becomes hokage) to restart from where i left ..
Oct 1, 2016 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
Isterio said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:

How dare they be individuals and have their own taste?

Everybody knows Anime is meant to ask for the meaning of life even when it actually doesnt!

Filthy casuals don't have taste tho :)
Oct 2, 2016 10:02 PM
Apr 2015
I'm just relieved. I finished the manga long ago of course. The anime I would just skip fillers, no matter how hard they tried to force them as canon.

Naruto (the source) had a lot of problems that started somewhere after the Pain arc conclusion. But I'm not going to talk about that.

The anime was more or less ruined by the fillers. And I don't even mean the fillers prior to Shippuuden. One thing that excited me about Shippuuden was how darker and more serious it appeared to be, reflecting the fact the characters had matured a few years.
Then the fillers started and it went downhill. Look, fillers are, in theory, not canon. There are two problems with them in Naruto:
1. The producers deciding to make some of the fillers canon to the anime
2. The producers idea to use fillers to showcase more than the manga was a good idea in paper terrible in execution. It backfired and made almost every featured character hard to take seriously for the remainder of the anime. Their writing decisions are just baffling even compared to the manga's shortcomings.

The fillers really made a great job at making characters appear dumber and more incompetent than they really are. And I'm not talking about comedy fillers.

Which reminds me, both for the anime and manga Naruto had a LOT of potential to be a moving story towards the end. The execution of the final arc really wrecked all that potential.
Even thought Naruto was always a battle shounen manga it could have been great for all ages if it didn't quickly make a non-issue of the death and war theme it liked to highlight so often.

At least Shippuuden has a beautiful soundtrack.
lucmacielOct 2, 2016 10:06 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 474 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2016

122 by beomine »»
Yesterday, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

436 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 28, 2008

76 by natsuyah »»
Apr 28, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 9 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 8, 2009

27 by Iago97 »»
Apr 27, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.