Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2016 8:58 AM
Jun 2016
Well it seems Prillya is going to be the next event around middle of September.

If you DONT play Fate/Grand Order please ignore this post, but if you do:

News page: http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/lx7gyo/

Event CM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7S0C4RQhP8

All rights go to Type-Moon and Aniplex.
Sep 2, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2016
eric5533 said:

No Miyuverse Shirou, no buy.
Sep 2, 2016 10:53 AM

Nov 2010
Boohoo, and aniplex forbids me from playing since their rule of "no rooted phones", simply because my phone is custom branded for my operater >.<
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 2, 2016 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
Aurioch said:
Boohoo, and aniplex forbids me from playing since their rule of "no rooted phones", simply because my phone is custom branded for my operater >.<

There has been a custom apk for custom ROMs and rooted phones for a while now.
Sep 2, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
Its sad that actually good parts of nasuverse are now used to advertise that exploitative shallow slot machine that has been poisoning the perception of it. That video and everything about the game just smells like lifeless corporate creation. There's nothing prillya about that video beyond character design of illya. It just looks like another "goofy whacky we so anime" kind of event this game is known for.

Hey at least that CM is not as grossly exploitative or sexist as that summer event pv, which literally was an excuse to dress up waifus in lingerie and have otakus spend thousands on that.

Really see no reason why this crossover is happening. That video is in no way representative of badass awesome that is prillya than again FGO audience would not be interested in that. I guess it increases awareness and if it brings more bd sales to prillya then such a deal with the devil can be understandable, otherwise, nooo, let FGO slowly rot away in the small corner covered with hugpillows, boob mouse pads and other otaku pandery stuff.

I do feel sad for people who expected actually good prillya stuff to appear in the game though. No 3rei material, no angelica, no anything worthwile in sight. Then again, if you are expecting something worthwile or enjoyable you are playing a wrong kind of game. That train has long since passed for type moon. Its all about sales now.

Also I don't see how this thread has anything to do with prillya. Or anime overall. There are clubs and other nonsense for this kind of stuff.
AhenshihaelSep 2, 2016 11:15 AM
Sep 2, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
Unfortunate. Prillya should have stayed away from GO or any other canon Fate entry as far as possible.
Sep 2, 2016 11:13 AM
Sep 2015
Oh no, don't want any non-canon meme lolishit tainting my beautiful Servant roster.
Sep 2, 2016 11:20 AM

Nov 2010
astroprogs said:
Aurioch said:

There has been a custom apk for custom ROMs and rooted phones for a while now.

PM me please, I need to at least save my account information >.<
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 2, 2016 1:13 PM
Jun 2016
zhaoyun99 said:
eric5533 said:

No Miyuverse Shirou, no buy.

I know this is probably not gonna happen but if they put Shirou as 5 stars Archer...(yes i know he wont be more than EMIYA but who knows)
Sep 2, 2016 5:21 PM
Apr 2013
Fai said:
Its sad that actually good parts of nasuverse are now used to advertise that exploitative shallow slot machine that has been poisoning the perception of it. That video and everything about the game just smells like lifeless corporate creation.

Your opinion that FGO is a lifeless corporate creation is not based on any facts about the game at all, and is only telling of your prejudices towards mobile games in general, I would assume. If you actually followed the game at all, or let alone played it, it would become extremely apparent how much effort is put into every aspect of it. There are countless ways the game could have less soul put into it, but thankfully the project is not at all rooted in greed as you seem to believe.

FGO is written by Nasu and the authors of the other major Fate works, has its own original soundtrack by the usual Type-Moon composing crew, and of course has all the proper artists you would expect from a Fate game like this. Nasu personally checks and when needed even heavily rewrites everything written by other authors to maintain a proper Fate feel, which in my opinion is quite remarkable, considering that these same authors already have had their canon Fate stories released in Apocrypha and Prototype Fragments, which seemingly weren’t held to such a high standard by Nasu. I guess it should be added, that Grand Order of course has a whole lot of story.

Nasu even said on his blog or in a Type-Moon Ace that he hopes people will give the game a chance, so they can find out for themselves that it’s a proper new Fate title. He was actually supposed to mostly end active involvement with the game after the first few chapters, but instead decided to stay for good after seeing the reception to the first chapter. Although of course you probably think he’s just lying and trying to rip people off.

And when it comes to this particular event, to me it seems pretty obvious to have the Prillya event be more lighthearted, even if Drei becomes darker. The tone they went with is absolutely in line with the essence of Prillya. Prillya’s artist also doesn’t seem to consider this a sad case of Prillya being associated with a shitty sellout mobile game by corporate powers, considering that he actively plays the game and tweets about it, drew Ilya for the event, and even had his art in the game since the beginning.
TorinshiSep 3, 2016 1:01 AM
Sep 2, 2016 6:56 PM

Mar 2015
Very excited, might cause me to break f2p if I fail to roll everything with what I have.
Sep 3, 2016 7:51 AM

Jan 2014

You're probably not aware, but Fai is a famous meme around these parts. You shouldn't take his posts too seriously. Hell, he didn't actually read FGO nor did any research about it either.
Sep 3, 2016 7:56 AM

Mar 2015
Torinshi said:
Fai said:
Its sad that actually good parts of nasuverse are now used to advertise that exploitative shallow slot machine that has been poisoning the perception of it. That video and everything about the game just smells like lifeless corporate creation.

Your opinion that FGO is a lifeless corporate creation is not based on any facts about the game at all, and is only telling of your prejudices towards mobile games in general, I would assume. If you actually followed the game at all, or let alone played it, it would become extremely apparent how much effort is put into every aspect of it. There are countless ways the game could have less soul put into it, but thankfully the project is not at all rooted in greed as you seem to believe.

FGO is written by Nasu and the authors of the other major Fate works, has its own original soundtrack by the usual Type-Moon composing crew, and of course has all the proper artists you would expect from a Fate game like this. Nasu personally checks and when needed even heavily rewrites everything written by other authors to maintain a proper Fate feel, which in my opinion is quite remarkable, considering that these same authors already have had their canon Fate stories released in Apocrypha and Prototype Fragments, which seemingly weren’t held to such a high standard by Nasu. I guess it should be added, that Grand Order of course has a whole lot of story.

Nasu even said on his blog or in a Type-Moon Ace that he hopes people will give the game a chance, so they can find out for themselves that it’s a proper new Fate title. He was actually supposed to mostly end active involvement with the game after the first few chapters, but instead decided to stay for good after seeing the reception to the first chapter. Although of course you probably think he’s just lying and trying to rip people off.

And when it comes to this particular event, to me it seems pretty obvious to have the Prillya event be more lighthearted, even if Drei becomes darker. The tone they went with is absolutely in line with the essence of Prillya. Prillya’s artist also doesn’t seem to consider this a sad case of Prillya being associated with a shitty sellout mobile game by corporate powers, considering that he actively plays the game and tweets about it, drew Ilya for the event, and even had his art in the game since the beginning.

You should just ignore Fai as the cancer that he ocasionally represents is too much
Sep 3, 2016 8:35 AM
Apr 2013
AirConditioner said:

You're probably not aware, but Fai is a famous meme around these parts. You shouldn't take his posts too seriously. Hell, he didn't actually read FGO nor did any research about it either.

MightyM16 said:

You should just ignore Fai as the cancer that he ocasionally represents is too much

Yeah I was about to stop myself upon seeing his name since I thought I remembered seeing some hilariously incoherent posts from him some time back, but against my better judgement was triggered enough to write a response.
Sep 3, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2016
Torinshi said:

Yeah I was about to stop myself upon seeing his name since I thought I remembered seeing some hilariously incoherent posts from him some time back, but against my better judgement was triggered enough to write a response.
Don't worry, we've all have had our anus clinch from a Fai cuck post at least once.
Sep 3, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2007
Torinshi said:

I am plenty aware of the "quality" Fgo represents. I have played and tried hundreds of mobage over the years. They are good timewasters and nothing more. And yet FGO is easily one of the worst mobage I have ever experienced. it is coded poorly, it lacks any sort of relevant content, servers constantly crash and it revolves ENTIRELY around spending quartz to roll for waifus. There's nothing else.

I will be VERY surprised if it survives till next year.

George Lucas personally being involved in Star Wars prequels did not instantly make them masterpieces. Nasu has degraded a lot in last few years. Its all about commercial income now.

Him "checking" FGO story does not change all the contradictions in plotholes in it or just how utterly braindead and Light-novel-ish it is. Its easily worst work Nasu has ever been involved in. And we are talking about the dude who "checked" the trainwreck that was Fate/Apocrypha for coherence and found it okay.

If this is the extent of "modern" nasuverse quality - chuuni nonsense with fanservice, then I will happily just stick with prillya and old and actually good nasuverse works. If this is extent of Nasu's current talent and choice making quality, then he should just retire and leave TM to Hiroyama, as 3rei is the most nasuverse work in YEARS.

Yes that was such a heartfelt marketing message. Almost as heartfelt as them trying to prove that only FGO and FSN are canon

Prillya was never lighthearted. FSN VN is also filled with moments of self-aware comedy. The very basis of fate is intermixing comedic SOL and self aware parody moments together with dark plot and deep philosophical discussions. Prillya's tone is no different from FSN and FHA.

This feels like there's no effort at all put into this event. Its even more laughable than the heroic spirit kerry trainwreck I heard about or nonsense like Santa Alter.
AhenshihaelSep 3, 2016 10:16 AM
Sep 3, 2016 10:47 AM

Aug 2014
Fai said:

I am plenty aware of the "quality" Fgo represents.

You're so "aware" of FGO's "quality" and story your takeaway from the first chapter of GO was a "girl with a shield fighting skeletons running around during the Fuyuki fire", this despite the fact that the Fuyuki chapter of GO has nothing to do with the Fuyuki fire of SN and Zero.

If this is the extent of "modern" nasuverse quality - chuuni nonsense with fanservice, then I will happily just stick with prillya and old and actually good nasuverse works. If this is extent of Nasu's current talent and choice making quality, then he should just retire and leave TM to Hiroyama, as 3rei is the most nasuverse work in YEARS.

Yeah, leave it to a guy who wouldn't know quality if it slapped him in the face who just bootlegs elements from HF to make a watered down version of it.
Of course, all the while adding scenes of 10 year olds making out in skimpy outfits and having "chuuni" battles by installing Heroic Spirits onto their bodies.
Quite literally the definition of the "NEET bait" you seem love to criticise about Grand order.
InsertanamehereSep 3, 2016 11:07 AM
Sep 3, 2016 11:14 AM
Oct 2011
Fai said:

Prillya was never lighthearted.

Look at this fool, people. and laugh.
Sep 3, 2016 11:30 AM
Apr 2013
Fai said:
If this is extent of Nasu's current talent and choice making quality, then he should just retire and leave TM to Hiroyama, as 3rei is the most nasuverse work in YEARS.

I guess it's nice that at least you like Prillya, as in, something.
Sep 4, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2009
Just gonna leave this image here. This is from Hiroya Mahiro, Hiroyama's female avatar.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.