Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2010 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chiaki dumps Nodame for Vieira.. I think she reacted pretty cool to that (Nodame-unlike).

Rui is pushing her agenda - that'll all be tough for Nodame.
Jan 28, 2010 4:19 PM

Nov 2009
waahh... what will happen to nodame
she really acted unlike herself I thought that she will stop pr something
but it's really rud for Chiaki to leave her like this when it's her first jop :( uncool
Jan 29, 2010 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Uwah, they really spelled him Viella O_o'
Chiaki and Nodame really have a rough time. Rui's mother was agreeing suprisingly fast.
Nodame and the butler in the end was .. xD
Next is more with Kuroki and Tanya? Not really what I wanted :v
Jan 29, 2010 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
Finally Chiaki met his Sensei! But I feel bad for Nodame ;(
Jan 30, 2010 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
Still no subssss -whine whine-
Jan 30, 2010 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
Subs are here~

Haha, I lol'd at the 'Please erase the make-up line'.. A bit funny as word choice?..

Kyabong is the new Mukya+Gyaboo?
We got a decent amount of score this time; waiiii.
Eh, what is wrong with her dress.. haha.

The episodes seem so short, but I guess that's even to say, while they are a mere 20 minutes of screentime, wheh. ED LOVE.
desolatoJan 30, 2010 10:14 AM
Jan 30, 2010 10:08 AM

Jul 2009
Nodame! Character development! Nice, nice.
Jan 30, 2010 10:23 AM

Dec 2007
Hey what group has the subs? I can't seem to find them. :c
Jan 30, 2010 10:55 AM
Jan 2010
It's great to see Nodame maturing.

@Fink- I'm not sure which group did the subs but I found the episode here http://www.gogoanime.com/nodame-cantabile-finale-episode-3
Jan 30, 2010 11:08 AM

Feb 2009
The sub I watched was really awful. That Kwabong was supposed to be Gyabo. That made up a character named Zhang that was supposed to be Jean. It's salon concert, not saron concert. The orchestra Chiaki and Rui are going to play with is called the Wiltord, not whatever weird name they came up with. And there were a million more little things. The one that bugged me the most is that when Rui's in the restaurant with Chiaki he really says he's homesick for the weirdo forest, not sick of it. Huge meaning difference.

That being said, has anyone found a better release? Is there another group working on it?

I really enjoyed this episode though. I could listen to Nodame perform all day long. And although I didn't like Chiaki skipping out on Nodame's concert, it was really touching when he hugged Viera like a small child. I wish the episode could have continued on for a while, because Nodame didn't seem well at the end and now I feel uneasy.
missiemoonJan 30, 2010 11:20 AM
Jan 30, 2010 12:02 PM

Sep 2008
I hate how Nodame gets the short end of the stick.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2010 12:49 PM

Nov 2008
fink said:
Hey what group has the subs? I can't seem to find them. :c

It seems like the release I watched, was subbed by Clover.

I'd wait for Frostii though.

missiemoon said:
The sub I watched was really awful. That Kwabong was supposed to be Gyabo. That made up a character named Zhang that was supposed to be Jean. It's salon concert, not saron concert. The orchestra Chiaki and Rui are going to play with is called the Wiltord, not whatever weird name they came up with. And there were a million more little things. The one that bugged me the most is that when Rui's in the restaurant with Chiaki he really says he's homesick for the weirdo forest, not sick of it. Huge meaning difference.

That explains it! I already thought that 'kyabong' was quite.. weird. And I really didn't get what they were trying to say with that sicko forest.. Frostii will save us :p

That being said, has anyone found a better release? Is there another group working on it?
Yes, Frostii does. And they do an amazing job on it.
desolatoJan 30, 2010 1:01 PM
Jan 30, 2010 12:50 PM

Mar 2008
The portrayal of Nodame from Season 1 till now is problematic. Always the vague, free-spirited one and yet she has (if my memory is correct) rarely missed Chiaki's concerts. Character development advances the plot not but does not serve its actual purpose when it sticks to a repetitive pattern. Once more Chiaki/Rui might make Nodame cringe but who knows since Nodame has become more 'mature' (whatever that means), she should be maintaining a professional stance. When I first started the 'Nodame Cantabile' series, I thought the story would mostly follow Nodame and yet the limelight was on Chiaki (his aspirations, his performances etc ad nauseam). Anyway, lets see how this series ends. As it is, I am irritated with this constant relegation of Nodame to some second status when in many ways she has driven the story (if it was not for her, Chiaki would still be in Japan).
Jan 30, 2010 1:07 PM

Feb 2009
To be fair, if not for Chiaki, Nodame would be teaching Pre-schoolers and none of us could enjoy her piano.
Jan 30, 2010 2:47 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty good episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 30, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2007
missiemoon said:
To be fair, if not for Chiaki, Nodame would be teaching Pre-schoolers and none of us could enjoy her piano.

To be even fairer, if not for Viera, both of them would still be living in Japan.

Also, I support Chiaki's practical application of bros before hoes.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jan 30, 2010 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
Nodame so cute xD HAHA!! the butler and nodame so funny

Jan 30, 2010 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
Torisunanohokori said:

^ If you follow this philosophy you will die alone and lonely.^

If Chiaki looses Nodame because of his ambition he will loose the most important thing in his life. He doesn't recognize it now, but time and reflection will surely come back to haunt him. Even though I'm almost a hundred percent sure that the writers on this show are not going to end the show the way life really happens. Another strong episode. It's hard to wait for for next week to come as always.
Jan 30, 2010 7:42 PM

Feb 2009
Torisunanohokori said:
To be even fairer, if not for Viera, both of them would still be living in Japan.

How so? In the sense that Viera fostered Chiaki's love of music/conducting or is there something else I'm not remembering?
Jan 30, 2010 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
Chiaki no baka!!!!!!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 30, 2010 11:04 PM

Jun 2007
missiemoon said:
Torisunanohokori said:

How so? In the sense that Viera fostered Chiaki's love of music/conducting or is there something else I'm not remembering?

Pretty much what I was referring to. Though the fact that they're both in Paris now feels to me more like the fault of the combined influence of the S Orchestra + Nodame + Stressemann on Chiaki. Of course, only one of those helped him with that hypnopendulum of hers. And conversely, Chiaki + Stressemann + Harisen on Nodame. Viera was the underlying reason Chiaki was so fiercely striving to become a conductor from the start, despite the transportation fears he had at that point.

Orion1 said:
Torisunanohokori said:

^ If you follow this philosophy you will die alone and lonely.^

^If you follow the inverse of this philosophy, you die not knowing guy love. Pick your poison.^

So the guy meets his since-childhood idol on the street by chance and the guy he idolizes remembers him from who knows how many years ago, which really is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Consequently, he only skips out on his girlfriend's second concert (he was at the first) which he was going to be very late for anyway due to random misfortune. That's defensible-looking to me. This is the concert of the same Nodame who was late for at least two of his concerts because she forgot to fix the same broken clock.
TorisunanohokoriJan 30, 2010 11:12 PM
Jan 31, 2010 12:13 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
A sweet and yet sad episode. I love how I remember this happening in the manga :)

Her dress ripping was hilarious, as well as the reason she gave for it ripping lol. Poor Nodame though. I hope we get to see Chiaki apologize to her next episode.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 31, 2010 1:00 AM

Sep 2009
I liked all of the music in this episode. I want to see some more orchestral stuff now.

Hope Nodame will be alright.
Jan 31, 2010 1:49 AM

May 2009
Nodame handled Chiaki's no-show a lot better than I thought. Though Chiaki's reasoning was understandable, it still doesn't sit well with me. Nodame and the butler provided some priceless moments.
Jan 31, 2010 12:39 PM

Sep 2009
An nice episode, and it was good to see Nodame play a little bit more.

Next time though I need to try and not get impatient, and wait for a different sub because the one I ended up watching wasn't that great.
Jan 31, 2010 2:14 PM

Oct 2008
Torisunanohokori said:

^If you follow the inverse of this philosophy, you die not knowing guy love. Pick your poison.^

So the guy meets his since-childhood idol on the street by chance and the guy he idolizes remembers him from who knows how many years ago, which really is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Consequently, he only skips out on his girlfriend's second concert (he was at the first) which he was going to be very late for anyway due to random misfortune. That's defensible-looking to me. This is the concert of the same Nodame who was late for at least two of his concerts because she forgot to fix the same broken clock.

I still think it wasn't a chance of a lifetime or anything like that, they could have exchanged information and Chiaki could have easily arranged to see him again. On the flip slide at least he did make it a point to send not just one, but two messages explaining to Nodame that he couldn't be there. He gets some points for that. And she was late to some of his concerts, I'm not saying that it's sweet revenge or anything but... As for this man love thing you are talking about, I'd rather call it friendship, and there is no problem with men being friends as long as each understand that female companionship in a good relationship takes priority. No feelings hurt if need to cancel on your friend because of your lady. It is what it is. That skit you posted from Scrubs was funny.

Edit: And as for the issue of the sub. I'm a little worried, usually BSS is very quick to release and they do a good job. Frostii takes a little longer but also does good work. My thoughts are that maybe they are trying to track down a better raw for a better encode.
Orion1Jan 31, 2010 2:22 PM
Jan 31, 2010 3:34 PM

Jun 2007
If you're not the protagonist of a romance series, it usually makes more sense to put friendship before romance in an everyday setting. Because most romantic relationships, even the ones that change you permanently, can and will break up at some point. Only one is 'the one'. Meanwhile, your guy friends stick with you and help you recover from those that do go sour. Provided you haven't been repeatedly ditching them for the girl with whom things went sour. A lesson romance anime really doesn't teach well.
Jan 31, 2010 11:30 PM

Jun 2009
Haha Stresemann is alive!!.

We can't blame Chiaki, career 1st love later =) but it is really sad on Nodame's part good thing she wasn't disturb during her concert. What's with Auclair?? after hearing who was her sensei.

ZinvyJan 31, 2010 11:44 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 1, 2010 4:34 AM

Apr 2008
Poor Nodame!! But like others I loved seeing maturity in a her reaction, aka not just falling apart. Though at the same time I'm so happy for Chiaki at the same time, certainly a fated meeting!! ^^;
Feb 1, 2010 3:02 PM
Dec 2007
Nodame-sama ! Shitsuji-san !

Great episode as always, direction, animation, writing, characters development, drama, comedy, it had it all. We now have to wait 6 days to the next ep...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 1, 2010 8:30 PM
May 2008
Great episode, as usual. Shame on Chiaki for missing Nodame's performance... but it wasn't all for a bad reason...
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 2, 2010 4:20 AM
Mar 2009
I was afraid Nodame would fall apart and wreck her future career - glad to see she's growing up a little.

On the other hand: RUI!!!! Stay away from Chiaki!
Feb 2, 2010 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
I really wonder how this will end. Neither have grown enough to fully understand themselves, let alone how one means to the other. As much as I love the show and characters, since I know this is the finale, I have a bit of a dark cloud over my head.

Oh, and I really loathed the direction of this episode.
noteDheroFeb 2, 2010 2:58 PM
Feb 2, 2010 3:55 PM

Aug 2008
Chiaki you fucking dick.
Feb 3, 2010 10:03 AM

Feb 2009
Chiaki finally reunited with Viera! It was a rather touching moment for me. Nodame being able to handle that bit of info about Chiaki so calmly earned a lot of respect from me.
Feb 4, 2010 2:29 AM

Jul 2008
butler and nodame, ED LOVE, disappointment in chiaki.
Feb 4, 2010 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
Rui is really going for it but for Chiaki to not go was a surprise =/ but with him observing Vierra his conducting may improve =]
Feb 5, 2010 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
Mm. I kinda miss the interactions between Nodame and Chiaki more than I should in a show that is supposed to be centered around their relationship. I still enjoy seeing their musical careers advance, though. I'm sort of torn between what kind of show I want to see.

Ah, well. I'll enjoy it as it comes.
-
Feb 5, 2010 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
Chiaki hugging his mentor was too cute. :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2010 10:50 PM

Dec 2008
ummyeah said:
Chiaki hugging his mentor was too cute. :')

We all know that wasn't just a hug if you get my drift [;
Feb 7, 2010 12:31 PM

Jun 2007
I'm glad Nodame made it through the 2nd half of her performance without messing up. I was kind of half expecting her to not play as well after hearing Chiaki wouldn't be watching her play. :s

also lmao @ NodamexButler.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Feb 7, 2010 11:56 PM

Mar 2009
nodame is becoming a pro. hooray for her but chiaki... seriously i hope he gets his act together!
Feb 8, 2010 10:51 PM

Dec 2009
Torisunanohokori said:
and chiaki doesn't show any partiality - he blows off other girls just as easily as he blows of nodame....
Feb 11, 2010 12:04 PM

Feb 2009
Chiaki is an idiot, no news there. I am so glad that she pulls it off without trouble.
Feb 20, 2010 3:53 PM

May 2008
Chiaki lost in my eyes
Feb 26, 2010 3:34 AM

Oct 2009
Whaaat.

Chiaki has been in and around europe for over a year right, but hadn't bothered yet to go to Italy and meet Viera (Viella?) for whatever reason, which I found strange enough in the first place, as it seemed originally in the first series that going to study under Viera was his dream or whatnot. The entering the competition seemed like a good idea, but when he won and Viera knew about it, I didn't get why he didn't go see him then.

Okay wow it was a big coincidence to meet him on the bus, but seeing as he was on his way to one of his girlfriends(?) first performances, would he not have arranged to meet him the next day or afterwards? I guess he is really ambitious so maybe not, it just seems odd to me that if it's worth so much to see him, that he wouldn't have tried to do so beforehand.

But wow, Nodame has gotten so mature! She didn't go crazy when she heard he wasn't coming, and she performed excellently although she must have been disappointed, so it looks like she can control her emotions alot more and play anyway, yay!
But worried about her looking away from the woman when saying it was fun to learn music in paris, because didn't Chiaki say she looks away when lying? Hopefully just a coincidence.
But yeah, really good episode.. Prefering this series to the last one already.
May 7, 2010 12:01 AM

Jul 2009
Ugh...These last two seasons so far have just been so lackluster.

I liked it better when they were in Japan. :(
Jun 23, 2010 10:05 PM

Apr 2008
"My breasts keep growing because of my boyfriend", that's dirty Nodame.
Nov 2, 2010 7:28 AM

Jun 2009
yanoto said:
The portrayal of Nodame from Season 1 till now is problematic. Always the vague, free-spirited one and yet she has (if my memory is correct) rarely missed Chiaki's concerts. Character development advances the plot not but does not serve its actual purpose when it sticks to a repetitive pattern. Once more Chiaki/Rui might make Nodame cringe but who knows since Nodame has become more 'mature' (whatever that means), she should be maintaining a professional stance. When I first started the 'Nodame Cantabile' series, I thought the story would mostly follow Nodame and yet the limelight was on Chiaki (his aspirations, his performances etc ad nauseam). Anyway, lets see how this series ends. As it is, I am irritated with this constant relegation of Nodame to some second status when in many ways she has driven the story (if it was not for her, Chiaki would still be in Japan).

I'm not sure what show you've been watching, but it seems to me that more and more of the focus has been on Nodame.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 4, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Nodame :'(

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Riveiraland - Mar 11, 2010

113 by bucciest »»
Jan 9, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Mar 25, 2010

239 by Euroqean »»
Sep 23, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 14, 2010

124 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 17, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 12, 2010

81 by Preachee »»
Sep 25, 2021 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.