Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any other good Mech animes besides GUNDAM?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2016 4:45 AM

May 2015
Not much of a mecha fan but I really enjoyed Buddy Complex and Code Geass. Worth the try

Aug 26, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2016
It's not really an mecha anime but I still would like to mention Chasshern Sins which is about humans and robots and their struggle to survive in a dystopian world. The MC lost all his memories and he also became immortal after a certain incident. As his adventure progresses he regains small pieces of his memories and he uses them to figure out who he is and what happened before his memory loss. I really enjoyed the dark and depressing atmosphere of Casshern Sins. I also really liked some of the other characters he met on his adventure. The voice acting and the retro look of the characters were amazing as well. Casshern Sins is an very slowed paced anime though and I think not everyone would bring up the patience to sit through the whole show without getting bored at some point.
Aug 26, 2016 5:38 AM

Jun 2016
You can always try Aldnoah Zero. ^^ . a Mecha worth the watch.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Aug 26, 2016 5:45 AM
Aug 2015
Finish Evangelion > watch the End of Evangelion > post your rant here.
Aug 28, 2016 12:28 AM

Sep 2013
I would for sure recommend evangelion but even though it does seem that mecha's a really large part of it, i believe that the psychological elements are a lot more distinct
Aug 28, 2016 1:00 AM

Nov 2012
A lot of the good mecha shows come from the 80s and 90s so if you can't deal with older anime then you'll be limiting what you can watch by a lot, I personally really like the style of older shows but it might not be for everyone. Anyway if you can deal with older stuff then I'd recommend (I haven't seen all these shows myself but from what I've heard they're good):

• Giant Gorg
  • Nadesico
  • Dougram
  • Dunbine
  • Brave Series (J-Decker for example)
  • Ideon
  • Xabungle
  • Votoms
  • Layzner
  • Mazinger Z
  • Getter Robo
  • Zanbot 3
  • L-Gaim
  • Orguss
  • UC Gundam (start with 0079 and work your way up from there)

Some newer stuff:

• Majestic Prince
  • Buddy complex
  • Fafner
  • Brigadoon
  • Zegapain
  • King Gainer
  • Eureka Seven
  • Heavy Object
  • M3 (If you like okada shows)
  • Dai-Guard

These are about all the ones I can name off the top of my head so if anyone has any other good shows to add not already mentioned feel free to chime in.
Aug 29, 2016 6:58 PM

Nov 2013
Broken Blade. It's not the usual mecha, but it's really good.

Bokurano. Not a typical mecha either, rather psychological and depressing.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 29, 2016 7:04 PM

Apr 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
I've only seen Code Geass, TTGL, and Date a Live. All were pretty decent, although Date a Live is a harem so it might not be your style.

I would not consider Date a Live a mecha anime. The storyline is similar to mecha animes except replace giant robots with cute girls. Its more like a mecha parody.

Now infinite stratos is a mecha harem
Aug 30, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
Kakumeiki Valvrave: Most people don't have a very good opinion about this one but I liked it.
Aug 30, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2016
People have mentioned most good mecha anime and I won't be repeating those names.
One that I didn't see anyone mention is 'Break Blade'. Watch the 6 movies and not the TV series version. I enjoyed it very much.

Some other lesser known okay-ish mecha anime I would recommend are 'Ninja senshi tobikage' and 'Yamato Takeru'.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Aug 30, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2013
bikers123 said:
People have mentioned most good mecha anime and I won't be repeating those names.
One that I didn't see anyone mention is 'Break Blade'. Watch the 6 movies and not the TV series version. I enjoyed it very much.

I mentioned it. I just used the english title Broken Blade.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Oct 2015
Code Geass
Tengen Toppa Gureen Lagann

These two are must watch regardless that they are mech anime.
When my friends say they don't like mech I just give them these two exceptional and wait them to finish those.
Aug 30, 2016 10:19 AM

Sep 2015
'Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince' a good one to watch. But in the end depends on your taste thou.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
22 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 40 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
22 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
22 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.