Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 25, 2017 3:41 PM

Sep 2014
I don't know, I don't think I have anything like that.
But combination of SEL + Madoka + Texhnolyze makes me lil bit sick, even if it's not THAT common.
Apr 25, 2017 3:44 PM

Apr 2016
I'm glad you capslock the word "your".

I really can't say what is for me the most boring taste in anime. I really don't care if you like shounen, drama, vampire, yaoi or harem. If someone is having fun it can't be boring... I don't make judgments of value that way, cause it really doesn't matter.
Please watch anime for fun ---> your FuN.

(Also please know that boring for you (whatever that is) is NoT EQUAL to elitist)

Greetings from Portugal.
Apr 25, 2017 3:45 PM
May 2015
PoeticJustice said:
LOGH. A boring show that tells you what to think and people think they have some insight into politics because they watched the show. It is like the poster show that makes people think they are an intellectual.

FMAB. Probably the safest show in existence, although it is a good show. It just tells me you don't like anything that goes beyond your comfort zone.

Code Geass. I could understand if you liked Code Geass when it just came out, but now it is too passe. Like it has so many issues that really cripples the show.

Attack on Titan. Same as code geass.

Those are some anime that really kill my interest in the person.
how does legend of the galactic heroes tell you what to think? i think, religion mini arc aside, the ambiguoity of it all is the best aspect of the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2017 3:47 PM
Sep 2015
But what if you actually like these anime, and they legitimately are your favorite? If you enjoy them for what they are and you get the most enjoyment out of them, does it really matter what your "taste in anime" is? You're the one watching, and you are for your personal enjoyment, not the criticizing of others just because they dislike something you like. Yes, FMAB and HxH are my favorite shows, but that's because I truly do LOVE them. I love every aspect of the show and everything they do. BUT, I still enjoy some of the more random things and don't isolate myself to one genre or judge others for a specific show they like. As anime watchers, you should come to expect that people like different things, and there is no need to discuss "taste in anime" because, to me, your "taste" may be awful. But, it doesn't matter because you enjoy what you watch.
Apr 25, 2017 3:59 PM
Mar 2017
I'm not going to judge people's intensions for putting certain anime on their favorites list.
That's just silly.
Apr 25, 2017 4:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Illyricus said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

no, i was just as perverted back then, i've been since like preschool... its just i probably was trying to convince myself that i wasn't due to insecurity lol

like theres NO FUCKING WAY i would've said some of the same shit i say now, 7 years ago lol
Kinda understandable, since we tend to be insecure when we are younger (and not so younger).
At least you managed to accept yourself as what you are.

yea man, it shows so much on this site... everyone is always trying to prove how "less cringe" they are than other anime fans

i just said FUCK THAT, im gonna be honest, even if ppl don't like me for it lol
Apr 25, 2017 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
TheLonelyCynic said:
OmegaOtaku said:
Elitists. They always have the most boring shows in their faves. You know someone is an elitist if they have LOGH, SEL, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, anything Evangelion or anything else psychological and advanced for casuals in their faves

Then there are those who have the most popular and most faved shows in their faves. Death Note, FMA:B, Code Geass, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter etc. How about liking something that not everyone else does?

And those that go with mainstream shounen trash. Could not get any more shit than having the most popular shounen trash in your faves.

This is one of the most obnoxious comments I've read in a long time. ._.

Being an elitist isn't about what you like, imo. It's more about your opinions and looking down on everyone else. ^^"

Btw, if you are so concerned about "too many" people liking your favorite anime, your opinion is also more dependent on other people than yourself. It's about self-confindence and not caring about people sharing your taste and who is sharing your taste. There isn't something like social groups in the community of elitists and everyone else, who likes mainstream.
You like what you like. What's so difficult about it? ^^"

Okay, looking at my animes. I have changed some of my favorites and I decided to pick those animes in which I'm emotionally invested the most for a long time. That's why Digimon Tri is also there. The fourth movie is written like a fanfiction... but I'm so concerned with those Adventure characters etc...
Of course, I still love Mushishi for example, but it's more like an interesting experience with wonderful individual stories.
So uhm I think my most currently "boring" anime might be Shinsekai Yori, because I have seen it so many times in other lists. XD But I really got into it.

Uhm and...

... 1. What is LOGH?

2. Why is this Ping Pong anime a thing?
I just watched the trailer and it looks so, so, so crappy. I'm very sorry, but that thing looks like an anime coming straight from the early 80s, made on crazy drugs...
Who the the hell drew this in the last years / decade and thought "this is absolutely legitimate for a 20xx anime"? ^^"
removed-userApr 25, 2017 5:37 PM
Apr 25, 2017 5:16 PM

May 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
Why is this Ping Pong anime a thing?
I just watched the trailer and it looks so, so, so crappy. I'm very sorry, but that thing looks like an anime coming straight from the early 80s, made on crazy drugs...
Who the the hell drew this in the last years / decade and thought "this is absolutely legitimate for a 20xx anime"? ^^"
I'm guessing you're on about its unique art style. I personally love it but if you don't like it, fair enough. That doesn't make Ping Pong "crappy" though does it? There's more to an anime than just the art style, you know?
Apr 25, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
Uhm and...

... 1. What is LOGH?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Ping Pong is a Masaaki Yuasa anime that is incredibly creative, if not traditionally attractive, in its visuals. I personally haven't seen it, but I have seen other works of Masaaki (maybe you've heard of the Tatami Galaxy?) which I enjoyed. Plus, there's a lot of praise out there for Ping Pong, so I wouldn't write it off so quickly~

Apr 25, 2017 5:24 PM

Jul 2015
Maneki-Mew said:

I grew up with 80's shows, none of them looked like the things Yuasa make. Some of them looked good, some of them looked shitty, just like today's anime

Okay here's where we'll really disagree. There's no peremption date on art. High tech tools =/= a better work, especially if we're talking about art. A Leonardo Da Vinci isn't any less art than a digital painting.

I'll add that nobody complains about the diversity in, lets say, music, so I'm not sure why you'd complain that anime is experimenting. I think madoka's art style was god awful and I'll still praise the show for trying something new with it, because experimenting is better than turning stale and boring.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure nobody like Ping-Pong FOR its art style, even I'm pretty convinced that the story wouldn't be as powerful if it had a more traditional style.
Apr 25, 2017 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
Fang said:
Maneki-Mew said:
Why is this Ping Pong anime a thing?
I'm guessing you're on about its unique art style. I personally love it but if you don't like it, fair enough. That doesn't make Ping Pong "crappy" though does it? There's more to an anime than just the art style, you know?

No, that doesn't make the anime crappy of course. ^^ Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that.
I also think that One Piece looks crappy, but I know nothing about the story. Just the basics and I'm sure that there are good reasons why fans are willing to watch, dunno(?), 800 episodes.
I just think it's fair enough to rate a visual medium on the art style as well. The art is just very important to me, because it adds so much to the atmosphere and the beauty of an anime etc.

@straysocks
Thanks.
No, unfortunately, I don't know this either.

@Clebardman
Okay, but there are typical art style for certain periods and I don't know why, my first thought was: This looks very old. ^^"
removed-userApr 25, 2017 5:32 PM
Mar 28, 2018 7:09 PM

Aug 2016
Mkim said:
Mushishi, Lain, Texhnolyze stuff like that

It feels like they don't know how to be happy and shits and it's pretty a opposite from my stuff

And then it comes the popular stuffs

this

forgot to add ergo proxy and haibane ranmei
:v
Mar 28, 2018 7:19 PM
Jan 2013
lol what kind of fuckman I was to call Lain and Texhnolyze boring when I didn't even watched em

eat dick 2016 me
gone bai bai
Mar 28, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2016
My list because I see it everyday...
Mar 28, 2018 7:26 PM

Aug 2016
Under that definition, we're not really talking about boring taste, just false taste. And in that case, I'd say anyone who just goes with the trends simply for the sake of looking cool would count, regardless of what that trend is.

Also, do any people really think having agreeable taste in anime automatically makes you cool?
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together?

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

23 by TsutanaiFuun »»
43 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

263 by Shizuna »»
1 minute ago

» Best anime from Disney+?

Spunkert - 23 minutes ago

5 by TsutanaiFuun »»
3 minutes ago

» Does it ever annoy you how a lot of series just never seem to end?

purple_rayn - 12 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

» Name your two favorite anime from your 2 least favorite genres/themes, and two least favorite of your most favorite genres/themes

Daviljoe193 - Yesterday

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.