Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 27, 2017 6:43 AM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Poorly executed plot made a short show seem to go by faster than Usain Bolt, not to mention the MC is voiced by a guy with a terrible accent but that might just be my opinion because I found his harsh/scratchy/sandpaper tone of voice really irritating. I think the anime was a cool concept and it had very entertaining moments, but as a whole the series wasn't that great. Especially when the same studio that made Attack on Titan was involved.

I also lowkey blame this series for their low budget on Attack on Titan resulting in a 12 episode second season for the series. x(
Apr 27, 2017 11:51 AM
Aug 2016
Because of this
May 10, 2017 4:33 AM
May 2017
I thought it was great. I just think ppl dont like happy endings...
May 17, 2017 11:46 AM

Nov 2015
People on MAL are haters???
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
May 22, 2017 2:40 AM
May 2017
I dont care bout comparation, every1 has own pref.
This is a good anime+sexy-v of egoist.
Indeed between aot and kanaberi is all about survival.
But my main critics was lack of deepness in char building.
Somehow i felt the arc forced to end.
And uh..
Am i the one this like gonna be harem? Lol
May 22, 2017 10:47 AM
Nov 2009
I didn't even watch AOT (only like the 6 first episodes) and i watched this one till the end (would've dropped it after Biba apparition but i was watching it with someone) and it still was really bad. The second arc was really really bad.
May 30, 2017 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
I don't get it either. The art looks gorgeous (okay, it's WIT, so no wonder here) and really like the Steampunkish theme.
I just wish to see one horror anime, which is actually scary and well, if you have seen some other zombie-whatever movies, you just got used to it. XD
And the MC gets a little bit annoying and boring now. In the first episode, I thought he would be likeable, but naah, he really got quite annoying pretty fast and I even don't know why. I can live with him anyway.
However, I like it so far (Seen 5/12, so dunno, hope there isn't a bad surprise...?)
removed-userMay 30, 2017 2:53 PM
Jun 4, 2017 9:06 AM
Feb 2015
All the hate ? Well that is quite simple actually, the series starts out as what one would expect from a horror survival genre. Suspicion, desperation which develops into mutual trust and respect.
But halfway into the show it suddenly mutates into a typical good vs evil theme with a totally unneeded villain being injected in, as well as a whole bunch of other inexplicable plot devices (super powered zombies via mysterious power up serums? What is this power rangers?). And in the end the show attempts to wrap it up with a poorly done " All the villains dies, the hero saves the damsel in distress and they all lived happily ever after" ending. Needless to say it was entirely unsatisfactory and BS which serves only to extend the series to the second episode to cover what could have been covered in the first.
Jun 7, 2017 3:48 PM
Jun 2017
Thank god i didn't listen to all of these reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Goes to show that i definitely shouldn't not watch things just because of some reviews that nit pick everything.
Jun 8, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
It became a clusterfuck when Biba was introduced. Ikouma wasn't an enjoyable character. Mumei had her badassness, but outside of the action scenes, she was annoying.

And the ending was completely awful.
Jun 30, 2017 2:42 AM
Nov 2016
It was good all the way. It's one of my favourites, would love to see season 2. 10/10
Jun 30, 2017 6:22 PM

Mar 2017
Wow people are really calling this show boring

If I had to choose AOT or KnK, I'd definitely pick Kabaneri. This show gets hate for no reason.

I loved the plot. Horror survival genre are hard to come by. Can't wait for season 2

Jul 3, 2017 1:08 AM

Aug 2011
This simply clearly shows how unwise it is to blindly trust user reviews. This show may be cliche and not very original but I loved it very much. It did not deserve best score by general view but score of 2 and 3?? Seriously people, do you even know what terrible anime looks like, or you just mad because survival horror anime got a happy ending?
Can't wait for season 2.
Jul 3, 2017 1:50 AM

Apr 2016
I guess the rating just dropped towards the last episode because the producers didn't keep the level of quality even, and made it look as if the anime was made half-heartedly.
But let's get this out of the way, I personally really enjoyed it and I'd rewatch it again. As for other people, I'm not really sure :/
Sep 27, 2017 9:27 AM

Jul 2010
I do admit the villain here is an idiot but I still liked the series. I will still watch the season 2 for this.
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Sep 27, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2013
I want Season 2. I do rate on percieved quality rather than entertainment, and to me, this is Wiseau's The Room level's of bad.

Biba is incredibly moronic. It is enjoyable, but not for the right reasons. To which I ask "Do I rate it high, still?"

To be honest, I might bump it up to a 3 or 4, primarily because I am watching Black Bullet, which is far less redeemable in nearly every aspects, and not entertaining. And I do not even do comparative scoring. Once you reached the threshold of 1s to 3s, I stop caring.
PeripheralVisionSep 27, 2017 9:50 AM
Sep 27, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2015
yamurama said:
I guess the rating just dropped towards the last episode because the producers didn't keep the level of quality even, and made it look as if the anime was made half-heartedly.
But let's get this out of the way, I personally really enjoyed it and I'd rewatch it again. As for other people, I'm not really sure :/

The quality was shit from episode 1 man. I don't care about the second half this shot made me fall asleep not once but TWICE In the first episode.

I thought that I was tired the first time so I tried again and fell asleep again... The sucky Villain saved the anime.

I at least had something so bad that it was funny.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 27, 2017 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
And yes, I did went in expecting dumb fun. I certainly did get it. I cannot stress enough how dumb Biba Amatori is.

He is the divisive part of the show. Either you hate every second he appears, or you are overfilled with joy with how he turns everything into a complete trainwreck. It primarily depends on if you think the first half is entertaining, character wise and action, and all that.

In any case, I do not think if taken seriously, Biba is anywhere near a well written villain. His ideological stances are an incompatible mesh of typical villainous ideologies, whether they be "promoting" equality, confronting corruption, or social darwinism. These are more dialogue fodder if anything, and are presented in such short, superficial speeches, that the viewer like myself simply cannot begin to reason what it has to do with Biba's actions. His personal issue is a bit more clear, but it is perhaps the worst reasoning in his repertoire of bad thought, when linked to his actions. He essentially has an inch taken from him, and then he takes a mile and a half as compensation.

He is so asinine in his extreme actions, and how he justifies them, that I roll over laughing. I knew that most shows in this genre generally shifted to human villains in later arcs, so I wasn't bothered at first.

I have a great deal many flaws I can point out, but most of the hate and love is towards the second half.

Sep 28, 2017 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
PeripheralVision said:
His ideological stances are an incompatible mesh of typical villainous ideologies, whether they be "promoting" equality, confronting corruption, or social darwinism.
Biba's ideology is pretty simple actually...it's just about survival-of-the-fittest. The strong/brave should get to live and the weak/cowardly should die.

His personal issue is a bit more clear, but it is perhaps the worst reasoning in his repertoire of bad thought, when linked to his actions. He essentially has an inch taken from him, and then he takes a mile and a half as compensation.
I don't think you understand what happened to Biba. It could have been spelled out more clearly in the show, but when

For the most part at least, Biba's actions make sense.
Sep 29, 2017 6:55 AM

Mar 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
PeripheralVision said:
His ideological stances are an incompatible mesh of typical villainous ideologies, whether they be "promoting" equality, confronting corruption, or social darwinism.
Biba's ideology is pretty simple actually...it's just about survival-of-the-fittest. The strong/brave should get to live and the weak/cowardly should die.

His personal issue is a bit more clear, but it is perhaps the worst reasoning in his repertoire of bad thought, when linked to his actions. He essentially has an inch taken from him, and then he takes a mile and a half as compensation.
I don't think you understand what happened to Biba. It could have been spelled out more clearly in the show, but when

For the most part at least, Biba's actions make sense.

It is a mishmash. I heavily discriminate against the idea of the viewer try to make sense of something that should have already made sense, and there plenty of examples and tidbits where Biba's ideology goes from issue to issue, whether it be confronting the corruption of the Shogun, the rants on cowardice, the speech where after taking the station before the Shogun where he talks about equality (This seems to imply equality=All being Kabane), and of course, social darwinism. Many of his ideas seem unrelated at best, with the issue of equality being in stark contrast to survival of the fittest, unless he wants to include being dead as being equal, or everyone alive being a Kabaneri, and considering everyone not fighting as being detrimental to the overall survival, especially those who fight the kabane. (Which is completely dumb. The war machine is not all fighting, but....supplies!) The issue here is that as a whole, we do not hear all that much from Biba than generic displays of villainous ideas, which is not bad, but when those ideas are hardly related to another, and hardly developed, I believe it is a mishmash. A crazed social Darwinist, someone trying to promote equality through conformity, etc.

Those ideas are presented in short, superficial speeches I could write a hundred within the hour. That is how common they, and by nature, how easy they are to write, as well as avoiding the depth. Just one idea may have passed, but there were far too many ideas Biba spouted out that hardly seems related without me trying to piece them together, without any help from the show, but my genuine desire to create a coherent body of villainous ethics of sorts.

I do relent he may be emotionally unstable and thus, irrational, which is likely true. Even if it is a comparative inch, it is one heck of an inch for anyone, especially at age 12.

And Biba's action borders on genocide of his previous species, that being human. That being said, as I am not aware of there being a source, but do know there are several tie ins expanding the world, to which I have yet to cover. Though for now, this all seems like trying to make sense out of something that should already have made sense.

My issue here, is that it is within the fan's desire to try to make sense of this, by theorizing what may not be there, by drawing implications that are a bit too drawn out. An example of this is Biba healing Ikoma with the white blood because he wanted a "good fight", or he was a nice person deep down. I offer the same criticism of this practice as I do to praise of uncertain symbolism.

Are we not being a bit optimistic, instead of realistic? Of course, there are people who will tear anything to shreds over the slightest issues, or intentional misinterpreting, which I may be doing. In any case, it should not be to the reader to explain large leaps in logic, or to characterize a person off the screen in what we want them to be.

I just do not see it. There is a bit of composition fallacy for me here. If something genuinely doesn't seem to make sense, and it is largely egregious leap in logic at that, then I tend to think "Where else did the writers forget to explain?"
PeripheralVisionSep 29, 2017 7:02 AM
Sep 29, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2012
@PeripheralVision
Tetsurou Araki wanted to include more details and flesh out Biba in the show, but couldn't because of time constraints. They only had about 4 hours of actual scene time, and Araki preferred to focus on the action and members of the Koutetsujou. He's explained Biba's motives/actions in interviews, and while those things could have been made clearer in the show with the time they had, Araki obviously didn't think most people (who otherwise might like Kabaneri) hate it because of a few things not explained too well. The story is absolutely not meant to be the primary appeal. In the recap movies, almost no details about Biba's motives are given at all.
Sep 29, 2017 10:45 AM

Jan 2017
people here are actually trying to defend biba. end my suffering pleas.
Sep 29, 2017 10:47 AM

Mar 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
@PeripheralVision
Tetsurou Araki wanted to include more details and flesh out Biba in the show, but couldn't because of time constraints. They only had about 4 hours of actual scene time, and Araki preferred to focus on the action and members of the Koutetsujou. He's explained Biba's motives/actions in interviews, and while those things could have been made clearer in the show with the time they had, Araki obviously didn't think most people (who otherwise might like Kabaneri) hate it because of a few things not explained too well. The story is absolutely not meant to be the primary appeal. In the recap movies, almost no details about Biba's motives are given at all.

Okay, I understand, but I do not consider budgetary constraints the grounds for a more lax rating, especially with how things are decided between committees and anime producers. If a low rating is an admonishment of a badly written story, I also consider it a judgement of it being badly produced, which can affect the story adversely, beyond the writers' intention. It still doesn't save it, it merely shifts responsibility to someone else for this trainwreck.

I have many other complaints, but I just singled out Biba, for his appearance coincide with the "drop" in quality. I say drop in quotations, because while the story is increasingly nonsensical with his debut, I found it fairly entertaining. In any case, the responsibility is on the people behind it to communicate such things, rather than me to sift it out.

This is not the equivalent of me quoting a famous person out of context because I do not like their ideology, this is a disparagement of the original work reflective of the original work, than of an existing person based on overused soundbites and such.

In any case, I have to take most of this implication on good faith, and I rather not. I actually do want a season 2, far more than works like AOT, which I enjoyed much less in comparison.

Sep 29, 2017 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
@PeripheralVision
Well, Araki likes weird, sometimes nonsensical stuff in his stories. I think perhaps his greatest goal with Kabaneri was to create the coolest thing he could think of, with beautiful/unique artwork/designs, lots of action, and many of his favorite things (steampunk, zombies, paranoia caused by fear, etc). He didn't care how unrealistic it was. It's not surprising most people on MAL don't really like it while most people on amazon prime do.

Luckily Araki is determined to make more Kabaneri because he cares about it so much. Supposedly another season is going to happen next year, but I don't know how likely that is due to The Ancient Magus' Bride and AOT season 3.
Sep 29, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
Well, it's their opinion about the anime; some people may like it or hate it, depending on their tastes.
:)
Unless it really is bad... There is another explanation for THAT later.
Sep 29, 2017 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
It is just an overhyped garbage like AOT. The fanbase is also cancer. The only thing memorable in this trainwreck was its ost.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 29, 2017 2:09 PM

Mar 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
@PeripheralVision
Well, Araki likes weird, sometimes nonsensical stuff in his stories. I think perhaps his greatest goal with Kabaneri was to create the coolest thing he could think of, with beautiful/unique artwork/designs, lots of action, and many of his favorite things (steampunk, zombies, paranoia caused by fear, etc). He didn't care how unrealistic it was. It's not surprising most people on MAL don't really like it while most people on amazon prime do.

Luckily Araki is determined to make more Kabaneri because he cares about it so much. Supposedly another season is going to happen next year, but I don't know how likely that is due to The Ancient Magus' Bride and AOT season 3.

Something being "avant-garde", "unusual", or "unconventional" is not tantamount to quality, nor is an already done premise a sign of a badly written show. I do not care for a personal style of a creator, but in my opinion, there is some cool factor to be had with the Kotetsujyos, the steam powered weaponry, samurais, unexplored settings, etc.

Unfortunately, my problem I am explaining here is less with the fantasy of those elements, and more of the unsatisfying rationale of the human villain. Of course, characters in fictional work often abide by melodramatic rules. I have no issue with this, depending on the definition. It is just that Biba's rationale basically doesn't exist, nor are his action enough to explain what the lack of dialogue doesn't.

A villain doesn't necessarily have to be comprehensible for some works, but Biba occupies a whole other spectrum of idiocy that is not explained. For a serious work like Kabaneri, he hurts the legitimacy of it being taken seriously. I have to take stabs at what he really believes, and this is synonymous with a story that is more interested in the current, down to the minute shenanigans that distract the audience, than a cohesive narrative.

MAL is indeed full of haters, no factual error there. I doubt Amazon Prime is all that varied either with a diverse crowd, but I do not want to have my opinion persuade you if you do not want to, nor do I think any less of you.
Sep 29, 2017 3:39 PM

Jul 2012
PeripheralVision said:
It is just that Biba's rationale basically doesn't exist, nor are his action enough to explain what the lack of dialogue doesn't.

A villain doesn't necessarily have to be comprehensible for some works, but Biba occupies a whole other spectrum of idiocy that is not explained. For a serious work like Kabaneri, he hurts the legitimacy of it being taken seriously. I have to take stabs at what he really believes, and this is synonymous with a story that is more interested in the current, down to the minute shenanigans that distract the audience, than a cohesive narrative.
Like I said, although it wasn't as clear as it could have been, there was solid reasoning for Biba's actions in the anime.
Do you like the villain from SOA more? I think he was much worse. Biba didn't have stupid maniacal laughter or sexually harass anyone, and he has legitimate reasons for acting the way he does, as I've explained.

I don't think Kabaneri is supposed to be taken too seriously...it appeals a bit much to the rule of cool for that.
Sep 29, 2017 4:12 PM

Mar 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
PeripheralVision said:
It is just that Biba's rationale basically doesn't exist, nor are his action enough to explain what the lack of dialogue doesn't.

Like I said, although it wasn't as clear as it could have been, there was solid reasoning for Biba's actions in the anime.
Do you like the villain from SOA more? I think he was much worse. Biba didn't have stupid maniacal laughter or sexually harass anyone, and he has legitimate reasons for acting the way he does, as I've explained.

I don't think Kabaneri is supposed to be taken too seriously...it appeals a bit much to the rule of cool for that.

I did see the entire series of Kabaneri, hence my existence here.

It is natural to want to rationalize someone we like with assumptions, or a story with implication. It is in human nature to see things in patterns or consistency. That is all I see here, just a bunch of implications that are supposedly in the anime, but having to be taken from relevant sources, that I should not have to search up, but what the anime should be able to explain all on its own.

The whole thing with the shogun to me seems intentionally, but despite this, I have to take stabs there as well, since the context of the situation was hardly explained either.

His belief did not solely concern survival of the fittest either, as his vague speech on equality at the previous station was demonstrated, and in stark contrast to the idea of social darwinism. His actions are extreme or inconsistent enough that they are entirely laughable to me.

It is possible he wants a world without corruption, but equality, perhaps one of Kabaneri versus Kabane, or simply Kabane. This is an assumption, one that may or may not be founded, but with the ridiculous number of ill explained lack of consistencies and logic, I doubt I should be in the more forgiving mood of attempting to explain them.

You can't have a war machine comprised solely of soldiers, especially since, as a Kabaneri, he needs human blood to sustain his human side. It is completely idiotic, especially in his specific case, where his unit was wiped out due to a lack of supplies. It is also hard to believe his entire unit was in on it and supported such a genocidal effort, except Mumei herself, who is a key part of the plan, yet, had no idea.

Even then, his unit appears to have normal soldiers who would need normal supplies themselves.

I can also point out how Biba's prediction that Ikoma would stage a revolt at a certain time is equally idiotic, given Ikoma, as a Kabaneri, would ostensibly be a danger to his own men. I have to ask why Biba would let Ikoma get so far, or why extra precautions would not have been taken. What would Biba have to gain from having his men killed, or adversely, their source of blood sustenance killed?

Heck, the scene with the doctor lopping off an arm is also asinine, now that I think about out.

Biba appears with a belief of social Darwinism. Okay, I can live with that. He talks of the cowardice of his father. Okay, then equality, and spreading the definition of cowardice to apply to everyone. Okay, what? Not only is his idea of equality up for interpretation, from a practical point, he is ultimately self destructive, especially considering that he himself holds the technology to create Kabaneri, which would seem to help people survive. With Mumei, she essentially just got lucky that Biba showed up and gave her some semblance of choice. What about those people down there in the previous stations?

To be clear, a rationale doesn't have to be logical to the viewer, but something that is understandable. Not only is there inconsistencies with Biba the anime has produced, but I also have to deal with the extreme nature of his actions versus past, which is essentially slaughtering his own species because of issues with his father, horrendous as they were.

Truth be told, Biba simply wasn't characterized enough in the anime, hence the appearance of stupidity. It could make sense, but I would have to fill in the lines to do so, and that speaks volumes about the anime's missteps than it does its highlights. Biba is underdeveloped, and it appears you admit this in a previous reply.

I don't necessarily attack the idea of enjoying such an anime. Enjoyment, like humour, are largely subjective, and not only that, but harder to explain why we enjoy this or that, at what is just being entertained at base level. I surely do not think this anime is intelligent with its writing.

Edit: You know, my score at SAO was made a great deal earlier, while I watched Kabaneri a week or two ago. I was a bit paranoid about how my "low" score would have been perceived, as the hatedom/fandom went on during such a time, and I was far less civilized. Come to think of it, I really do forget what charm the show might have had. Most of the reason it is above a 2 is because of the first arch, which I serious complaints with, but the arc with Sughou is indeed, incredibly cringe inducing. Still soul searching about that anime, if but to evade a bias.
PeripheralVisionSep 29, 2017 4:32 PM
Sep 29, 2017 11:39 PM

Jul 2012
PeripheralVision said:
His belief did not solely concern survival of the fittest either, as his vague speech on equality at the previous station was demonstrated, and in stark contrast to the idea of social darwinism. His actions are extreme or inconsistent enough that they are entirely laughable to me.

It is possible he wants a world without corruption, but equality, perhaps one of Kabaneri versus Kabane, or simply Kabane. This is an assumption, one that may or may not be founded, but with the ridiculous number of ill explained lack of consistencies and logic, I doubt I should be in the more forgiving mood of attempting to explain them.
Biba mentioned equality once, when he tells Mumei, "This is the world of fairness and equality that we've been striving for." His actual speech went like this:
Biba said:
This is the world that has been liberated from it's cage. I speak to all of you. Abandon the stations and join the fight. It is here where the cowards will die and only the strong will be able to survive. That is the way of this world. Therefore, we will destroy the very symbol of mankind's cowardice, the shogun's castle, Kongokaku, and liberate us all!
When he mentions equality, I don't think he's contrasting social darwinism or desiring to make everyone a Kabane. To Biba, fairness/equality = the destruction of the stations. Why? Because then survival-of-the-fittest actually takes effect. Biba found it incredibly unfair that, ever since the strong were killed to have the stations were built, those cowardly/weak shogunate without any desire to fight the Kabane were allowed live.

It is completely idiotic, especially in his specific case, where his unit was wiped out due to a lack of supplies.
Why? Steam is basically required to kill the Kabane unless you're a Kabaneri without your restraint on. We don't know exactly when Biba became a Kabaneri, but it was most likely as his army was being wiped out, in which case it would kinda be too late to win.

I can also point out how Biba's prediction that Ikoma would stage a revolt at a certain time is equally idiotic, given Ikoma, as a Kabaneri, would ostensibly be a danger to his own men. I have to ask why Biba would let Ikoma get so far, or why extra precautions would not have been taken. What would Biba have to gain from having his men killed, or adversely, their source of blood sustenance killed?
He wanted to test Mumei to see if she would go against him or not, and he wanted to test Ikoma as well. I read in an interview of Araki that Biba was secretly hoping Ikoma would succeed, and was genuinely disappointed when he didn't, because he admires Ikoma's bravery and strength.

Truth be told, Biba simply wasn't characterized enough in the anime, hence the appearance of stupidity. It could make sense, but I would have to fill in the lines to do so, and that speaks volumes about the anime's missteps than it does its highlights. Biba is underdeveloped, and it appears you admit this in a previous reply.
Yes, he could have been characterized better. At the same time, I don't really mind that he's not because I understand his reasoning and the anime has tons of things in it I care about a lot which I think are more important.
Sep 30, 2017 12:01 AM

Mar 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
PeripheralVision said:

Biba mentioned equality once, when he tells Mumei, "This is the world of fairness and equality that we've been striving for." His actual speech went like this:
Biba said:
This is the world that has been liberated from it's cage. I speak to all of you. Abandon the stations and join the fight. It is here where the cowards will die and only the strong will be able to survive. That is the way of this world. Therefore, we will destroy the very symbol of mankind's cowardice, the shogun's castle, Kongokaku, and liberate us all!
When he mentions equality, I don't think he's contrasting social darwinism or desiring to make everyone a Kabane. To Biba, fairness/equality = the destruction of the stations. Why? Because then survival-of-the-fittest actually takes effect. Biba found it incredibly unfair that, ever since the strong were killed to have the stations were built, those cowardly/weak shogunate without any desire to fight the Kabane were allowed live.

It is completely idiotic, especially in his specific case, where his unit was wiped out due to a lack of supplies.
Why? Steam is basically required to kill the Kabane unless you're a Kabaneri without your restraint on. We don't know exactly when Biba became a Kabaneri, but it was most likely as his army was being wiped out, in which case it would kinda be too late to win.

He wanted to test Mumei to see if she would go against him or not, and he wanted to test Ikoma as well. I read in an interview of Araki that Biba was secretly hoping Ikoma would succeed, and was genuinely disappointed when he didn't, because he admires Ikoma's bravery and strength.

Yes, he could have been characterized better. At the same time, I don't really mind that he's not because I understand his reasoning and the anime has tons of things in it I care about a lot which I think are more important.

Supplies are a matter of concern, as are stations to produce them. It is feasible if everyone became a Kabaneri, to which he does have the technology, but the issue is then tied to sustaining a Kabaneri, which needs human blood. Unless Biba figured that out, he is screwed, hence why it is likely only a select few are shown to be explicitly Kabaneri's, and why the aboard one of the Kotetsujyos that took blood, among the obvious "These people would not agree with me".

One also has to consider an army is not solely comprised of soldiers, but of support roles that can be meaningfully fulfilled by those not necessarily placed within combat. Amunition, food supplies, etc. They will need housing, especially a stable location, to do all of this. Since they cannot turn everyone into Kabaneri, seeing as they need humans, and need humans to sustain themselves as well, it simply doesn't make sense based on the anime to destroy the stations. This is where the anime is flawed, though I genuinely do appreciate you quoting the exact quotation. In any case, the solution that Biba has in mind is incredibly dumb, but to digress...this is more of a case of "how dumb", since neither of us agree with his rationale as much as argue over its consistent application and so forth. To which, I admit, my standards of "This is too stupid" is a bit strange.

I often argue how I found nothing wrong with the sword wielding Kabane. A pretty neat idea I wouldn't mind seeing more.

My idea was that, of anyone, Biba should know the value of supplies, given that either scenario is hard to implement, if not downright impossible.

And honestly, this Araki interviews, while enlightening, seems to be more of a "adaptation versus source material" sort of thing. If the adaptation chose to leave any important information found in the source material, then to me, it is a bad adaptation, and the solution isn't to read the source material, depending on the severity of the plot hole.

Which, I admit, Biba isn't the only problem I had with this show, especially in the whole second half. Perhaps the more notable flaw to Kabaneri's detractors, but this is essentially the same as pointing out the lack of tits in Berserk, which is just blatantly ridiculous in context, but not a huge blackmark on the more crucial parts, to be honest.

Though the equality does make it more sensible, so I retract that. I also remember his "Don't rely on others" attitude, which seems blatantly unaware, but whatever.
Sep 30, 2017 12:56 AM

Jul 2012
PeripheralVision said:
In any case, the solution that Biba has in mind is incredibly dumb, but to digress...this is more of a case of "how dumb", since neither of us agree with his rationale as much as argue over its consistent application and so forth. To which, I admit, my standards of "This is too stupid" is a bit strange.
I don't think Biba actually intends to destroy all the stations. I would agree that that would be a pretty horrible idea. The two which he destroyed in the anime he had reasons to destroy; they weren't going to let him pass Iwato Station. He needed to do something horrible anyway for it to make sense that Ayame might turn on him and capture him. And of course, he'd want to completely destroy the "very symbol of human cowardice," Kongokaku. But I don't think he would go back and destroy Shitori Station, the one in the mountains with the people who treated him well. There's no real indication that he would, at least.

Sorry for not responding to much of what you're saying, but you write so much and I don't have time. You're fun to talk to though.
Oct 31, 2017 11:32 PM

Oct 2017
AngelicTotoro said:
AnjuRatty said:
I laughed at my friend when he recommended me this. I expected this to suck.
But I found it surprisingly enjoyable.
Watching the 9th episode now and still don't get why this is hated this much. (if it was 6-7 reviews , okay I get that but all the top reviews are 2-3 , WTF??)

Bitter, uglyass Attack on Titan fans hate on it because 'UWU AOT C R E A T E D THE SURVIVAL GENRE!1! THIS ANIME O W E S IT'S ASS TO US! WHO CARES IF THE CREW WHO ANIMATED AOT MADE THIS FROM SCRATCH AND IT WAS THEIR BABY AND THE OST WAS SICK AND THEY HAD A LEGEND DRAW THE CONCEPT ART FOR IT. IT SUX!'
Or,

They compare it to AOT, are overly harsh with the ending, even though it's pretty obvious setup for a guaranteed second season, and say that it was bullshit [i've seen WAY more bullshit endings, for sure.]
I feed on their hate though, it makes me love KNK even more because I keep having to defend it from retarded hate like a 3/10. A 6 or 5/10? I can understand that, but it's honestly just embarrassing. Zombies and MOVING trains are not GIANTS and HUGE ASS WALLS THAT LEGIT DON'T GO PLACES.

Wow I didn't know there were such passionate KnK fans
Mar 3, 2018 1:11 PM
Jun 2017
Some around here are viciously blind... If this is just above average animation, what on earth are the rest? Stone cave drawings?

You people prove once again how childish and ignorant mal users are. It doesn't matter the storytelling, the writting or the art direction... Its hillarious reading reviews about people not liking the character's personality, choices or even his hair...
Sep 25, 2019 2:24 PM
Sep 2019
Wow this show is trash. Steampunk and samurai and zombies... seems interesting. Dude chokes himself to stop zombie virus. Get outta here. Young girl beheads zombie with spiked sandal. LOOOOL SEE YA.
Sep 25, 2019 6:03 PM

Dec 2018
show was fine, entertaining at the least though not good as it could be, why all the hate tho? becuz people are bandwagons
May 3, 2020 11:17 AM

Apr 2019
redgrave_zero said:
Because it's mediocre and the animation quality heavily dropped after the beginning. An average score of 7.6 is perfectly fine.

I believe the animation throughout the series is far better than your average anime with higher ratings.
Rem is best girl
Feb 15, 2021 6:53 PM

Apr 2012
1. The lack of character development made me forget most of the character's names and roles.

2. An absence of world building made it vague for me to immerse in the story. A narrator would've helped.

3. No real chemistry between the characters. The supporting cast could've added more to the main cast's personal growth e.g. the pregnant woman was disposed prematurely when she was secretly being built up.

4. Biba should've been introduced by the end of episode 12 to setup a future arc. The entire story had potential but they showed their cards too soon in the worst possible times.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 16, 2021 12:44 AM
Oct 2014
Mumei is 12 when she should be 14-15. Everyone getting carried by her and not feeling embarrassed smh
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.