Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 20, 2020 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, this seems to be recycled. I feel like I'm rewatching the first season of Love Live.
Chika is basically Honoka and this girl with dark hair and a mole is basically Eli. So boring.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 6, 2020 8:15 AM

Dec 2012
chika really,,already 2nd year high and didnt even know your own prez stuco?
wait,,i also didnt even know my own prez stuco in my three year high school back then lmao
Aug 19, 2020 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
chika aka honoka version 2.0, they could've at least given her a different hair colour
how the hell did this riko girl not know of muse when maki was well know for her piano talent and played it at school, this plot point is so weird
yoshiko seems... weird as hell. pigtail girl is again the small one, got a blond character who has non-japanese heritage like eli. i am already not caring for this cast.

the seaside setting is nice and new, but that's about it.
Sep 13, 2020 2:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I simply had a mixed feeling about this Introduction. I need to put some spoiler button to hide my long-ass commentary XD

Solid beginning, as my standardization. That teasing end, tho. She simply reject Chika's invitation, just made me burst out of laughter all of a sudden. XD Yeah, its Love Live comedy aspect that i always love about it. Nice!
badabassSep 13, 2020 2:41 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 16, 2020 5:17 AM

Jul 2014
I feel like I'm just watching the original Love Live again so far, but with a fresh coat of paint to try and pretend it's something new. Chika is just a louder, more annoying Honoka so far, the student council president (Dia?) is literally a clone of Eli so far right down to her arbitrary hatred of idols, Ruby is basically a cuter Hanayo but far more over the top in her shyness somehow and Riko is almost an exact clone of Maki. I can already tell I'm not going to care for Hanamaru at all - her catchphrase "Zura" has already worn its welcome - and Yohane is just the archetypal chuuni character all these idol franchises introduce eventually (Ranko from IM@S, Ako fron Bandori) and I can only put up with so many variations of that. Other than that, we haven't really met Kanan yet but she seems like she'll be filling the Nozomi role in the cast, You is a good best friend character and probably the most likeable from what we've seen so far while Mari has a very distinct personality that feels like I'm either going to love it or find it insufferable.

This episode is far too reverent to the original and doesn't do anywhere near enough to stand on its own two feet as its own show, so I really hope that changes going forward and I don't just end up watching the original Love Live for a second time. The sole positive is that the animation is notably better than the original, with the CG in the dance scenes not standing out anywhere near as much.
Mar 20, 2021 7:49 PM

Feb 2021
It's a very funny episode! I'm enjoyed it a lot. It's curious because the relationships in the group are similar to those of the first season, however it has its own touch to be funny this episode. The songs are great and the use of CGI is better, it has been a huge improvement. If the season continue like this, it will be a great anime.
Apr 14, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2020
START:DASH!! <3

It was a good first episode but I think this is not going to be as charming and unique as the original Love Live!

However, the characters were cute and interesting and I definitely can't complain about the animation either which was truly beautiful.

A promising start. Let's see what's next. :)
Oct 25, 2021 10:58 AM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, I wanted to re-watch this 'cause I ordered a Yoshiko Yohane T-shirt and I'm still on a Love Live high after Superstar I suppose.

Golly, this also brings back memories 'cause this is the anime I introduced to my health professor lol. This was an entertaining first episode. Chika has the kind of energy everyone needs in their life. You is the kind of friend anyone would love to have.

They introduced all the major characters in this episode. It's easier to get a better read on some than others, but that's a good thing 'cause it can keep you watching~
Oct 31, 2021 12:51 AM

Jun 2021
I loved the first episode so much, Chika is so cuteeeeee.

With Start Dash playing behind i cried <3.

This Love Live Sunshine is really really good!
Mar 7, 2022 9:41 AM

Jan 2022
Right off the bat I'm liking this alot more than school idol project, the character designs are so much better here too. Right now I'm most interested in what's up with Kanan- I noticed she reacted a bit funny when Chika said she wants to be a school idol and she also seems to have some dislike for the blondie in the plane

I also really like the look of Dia and Yohane
Dec 26, 2022 2:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Finally getting around to checking out the Love Live series that existed before I got into Love Live with the first season of Nijigasaki, and I figured I’d just go backwards since I’ve already watched out of order so I started with Sunshine lol. I immediately love the art and animation, and school idols in countryside Japan is two of my favorite things put together so I’m sure I’m gonna love this series lol.

And they really did introduce all the girls pretty fast here but it wasn’t done badly imo, right now they just seemed like a lot of weirdos who happened to meet each other (minus the rich girl) and it was pretty hilarious too. And I’m a big fan of Chika as the MC already, something about the types that are just really outgoing do it for me lol. And the song at the end was a slapper, love when we get immediate bangers in Love Live seasons. And ending it with Riko refusing after she was part of the song was a funny way to end it lol.
Apr 26, 2023 3:40 AM

Dec 2020
Liked the call backs to muse. Chika is very similar to honaka. The setting is fine but like all the girls are like a bit much? Very extra or tropey to the extreme maybe?
May 6, 2023 6:01 AM
Jul 2020
Great start. Watched the first episode few minutes after the movie, and dang it was really nice to see how muse is portrayed as the start of it all.

Hit hard back home too when they played start:dash. Good stuff

Opening and the insert song at the end was insanely good(see me replay it on spotify for like 100 times). And not to mention the improvement in animation and cgi was hella clean too.
laaalaMay 6, 2023 6:05 AM
Aug 14, 2023 2:29 PM
May 2023
Started watching this season of lovelive because of Osu.
In just one episode, Chika-san's delusional behaviour instantly got my old memories back (my mapping experience, and how my attitude was back when I was first trying to get beatmap nominations). Certainly a good anime to continue watching.
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM
Jun 2022
Not gonna lie, the MC kinda feels like a Honoka rip-off.
Other than that, I really enjoyed the throwbacks of muse, it's like the good side of fanservice.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

165 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

115 by laaala »»
May 8, 2023 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.