Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2010 11:44 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great animation and art, can't wait until the next episode(typical words, I know lol.).

Recently, I've started to digg all the moe-blob styled anime. Wonder why.

For fans that seek out the episode:
http://www.animebullet.com/so-ra-no-wo-to-episode-3
KinetaNov 25, 2012 11:00 AM
Jan 18, 2010 12:49 PM

Oct 2009
Nakei said:
Great animation and art, can't wait until the next episode(typical words, I know lol.).

For fans that seek out the raw episode:
http://www.animebullet.com/so-ra-no-wo-to-episode-3
Ah great terrific so it's on with the cute no war or sudden problems yet...I though the ghosts from last episode would create better haunting in this one. Doh!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 18, 2010 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
Nakei said:

'Cuz you obviously belong to those rumored B type diggers, 's all ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 18, 2010 1:10 PM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
Nakei said:

Hey don't say I am also part of that.....I digg like he says many types but what you say makes no sense to me friend. I am simply a farmer not any of those and certainly not because I have a cute attachements to that MOE stuff on anime but anyways do you really think there will be a war in this serie or the demon comes back to be faced by those girls who are supposed to represent the Shrine Fire Maidens? Based all on the OP of course and the way this episode is going.

Jan 18, 2010 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
Rio sure makes a big deal out of Kanata's dizziness...
The person who inspired Kanata to learn the trumpet seemingly also inspired Rio - i think the identity of this mysterious blonde will be revealed in the next episodes.

The chances for Demons or War are somehow bleak at the moment, seeing how the story evolves.
Jan 18, 2010 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
lol B types...

For some reason, I felt as if Kaere did a great job voice acting in the episode.
I've never seen such big fortunes though... I mean in fortune cookies.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2010 1:56 PM
Dec 2009
it's more culture mixing. the fortunes seemed like the kind the Japanese draw on new year's day, but in french and in a fortune cookie. i thought Rio's love fortune was hilarious. she lacks modesty
Jan 18, 2010 2:36 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:
Nakei said:

Hey don't say I am also part of that.....I digg like he says many types but what you say makes no sense to me friend. I am simply a farmer not any of those and certainly not because I have a cute attachements to that MOE stuff on anime but anyways do you really think there will be a war in this serie or the demon comes back to be faced by those girls who are supposed to represent the Shrine Fire Maidens? Based all on the OP of course and the way this episode is going.

ROFL....~Okay, enough ROFL-ing...~

Lesse....What I said usually aims toward people who can understand what I reference to ( And I see HawthorneKitty seems to get what I mean...), and you don't get it? That's your prob and if you wanna get it, lurk for it, I'm too lazy and not in the mood to explain, you see?

Pretty sure "farmer" doesn't have anything to do with the subject I'm talking about so hors-de-sujet, monsieur francis?

As for the rest of your Ich Bin Ein Berliner's wall, all I can say is that I won't bother with your theories and stuffs because I believe that an anime can reach the full splendor of its aroma if I, as spectator, just fulfill my role as one by sitting back in my chair and watch instead of playing Sherlock so~ do you capire mio punto?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 18, 2010 2:54 PM

Sep 2007
BitchMaster said:
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:
Nakei said:

Lesse....What I said usually aims toward people who can understand what I reference to ( And I see HawthorneKitty seems to get what I mean...), and you don't get it? That's your prob and if you wanna get it, lurk for it, I'm too lazy and not in the mood to explain, you see?

Pretty sure "farmer" doesn't have anything to do with the subject I'm talking about so hors-de-sujet, monsieur francis?

As for the rest of your Ich Bin Ein Berliner's wall, all I can say is that I won't bother with your theories and stuffs because I believe that an anime can reach the full splendor of its aroma if I, as spectator, just fulfill my role as one by sitting back in my chair and watch instead of playing Sherlock so~ do you capire mio punto?

lawlz oh you~

Sooo Rio is hating on all religious peoplez cause some she thought some shaman guy couldn't save her mummy from her sickness and that they're all just money grubbing scammers eh?

You know what this plot needs? The mystery blonde girl turns out to be the enemy and then they have ONE EPIC LAST BATTLE in the finale where they totally just destroy the village and the surrounding areas in a climatic finish where the blonde girl will say some dramatic stuff and then die and then there's like rain and stuff and then everybody else cries and then there's a 1 minute epilogue at the end where everybody's all happy and stuff and other stuff happens and stuff that happens in a very cliche and generic way. Then some more stuff happens where they just play music... in a very cliche and generic way. Bank on it. inb4francistakesthisseriously

And lolz those crazy B types.
Jan 18, 2010 2:56 PM
Dec 2009
It was a good episode. Lots of flashbacks and new information on Rio and Kanata.

Also it was the first time I had heard a Christian hymn in an anime. It was beautifuly played and it fit really well in what the episode was about. BTW for those who don't know it was "Amazing Grace".
Jan 18, 2010 3:04 PM
Dec 2008
I don't know why but this anime always hits me pretty deep. I still don't see where you're all getting moeblob from.

Beautiful.
Jan 18, 2010 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
Proselyt said:
The person who inspired Kanata to learn the trumpet seemingly also inspired Rio - i think the identity of this mysterious blonde will be revealed in the next episodes.

The chances for Demons or War are somehow bleak at the moment, seeing how the story evolves.

This. OMGFKHITECHTANK and I learned that malaria did actually spread to Europe but still...
Jan 18, 2010 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
You know what this plot needs? The mystery blonde girl turns out to be the enemy and then they have ONE EPIC LAST BATTLE in the finale where they totally just destroy the village and the surrounding areas in a climatic finish where the blonde girl will say some dramatic stuff and then die and then there's like rain and stuff and then everybody else cries and then there's a 1 minute epilogue at the end where everybody's all happy and stuff and other stuff happens and stuff that happens in a very cliche and generic way. Then some more stuff happens where they just play music... in a very cliche and generic way.

Same thing I was thinking. You sir, say the shit.
Jan 18, 2010 3:55 PM

Jan 2010
Dont know why, but i was expecting that "Blonde" to drop from a stray bullet the whole time she was playing that song in a flashback.
Jan 18, 2010 4:37 PM

Aug 2009
They were pretty obsessed of Amazing Grace o_o
[right]

Jan 18, 2010 4:45 PM

Feb 2009
Oh god they have a mecha that plays FABULOUS MUSIC! I'm telling you, this is gonna be Macross! I see power of music and love triangle coming straight at us! And I'm so digging a Rio x Kanata ending. Wait, what?
AlexstratzJan 18, 2010 4:49 PM
Jan 18, 2010 4:48 PM

Sep 2007
Alexstratz said:
Oh god they have a mecha that plays FABULOUS MUSIC! I'm telling you, this is gonna be Macross! I see power of music and love triangle coming straight at us! And I'm so digging a Rio x Kanata ending. Wait, what?

MAcross style missile spam from spidey tank would be epic.
Jan 18, 2010 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
I have to say this is the surprise hit of the season and perhaps in a long time. It's just a seamless, happy tale with bundles of imagination. There's such a mixture of so many influences, but it works. Really well.

I am seriously loving this show!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 18, 2010 7:05 PM
Jan 2010
Great episode. This show isn't what I expected, the music and scenery are beautiful.

I have a newfound appreciation for Amazing Grace now.
Jan 18, 2010 7:29 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
porkypink said:
They were pretty obsessed of Amazing Grace o_o

Amazing Grace huh. No wonder I felt like I've heard it before.

Jan 18, 2010 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Good episode...but the drama felt a little weird for me though..don't know why...
That tank still looks awesome....it needs to get repaired and put to use lol. I'm still expecting some major conflict to happen later in some form or another.
Jan 18, 2010 9:50 PM

Nov 2006
Rio ftw.
Jan 18, 2010 10:00 PM
Nov 2009
This anime is getting better and better for me. Characters are starting to develop and the main story's mysterious. Add in a little moe and we got a great show.
Jan 18, 2010 10:35 PM
Jun 2009
needs more noel!
other than that it was pretty good :3
Jan 19, 2010 12:03 AM

Nov 2007
I love this <3

And yes, it really does need more Noel. Rio was awesome this ep though.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jan 19, 2010 2:18 AM

Dec 2007
Auld Lang Syne!!!
Jan 19, 2010 5:00 AM

Aug 2009
I knew it, Rio was related to the mysterious blond girl.
Great episode. More character developments and pasts to be revealed. Can't wait for the next.
Jan 19, 2010 6:45 AM

Oct 2009
I can't honestly say I got into the drama stuff this episode tried to bring up, but it was timeworthy overall. Looking forward to whatever comes next.
Jan 19, 2010 7:36 AM

Feb 2009
Starbrow said:
Dont know why, but i was expecting that "Blonde" to drop from a stray bullet the whole time she was playing that song in a flashback.
I guess I wasn't alone in thinking that...
Maximatum99 said:
Wasabi said:
You know what this plot needs? The mystery blonde girl turns out to be the enemy and then they have ONE EPIC LAST BATTLE in the finale where they totally just destroy the village and the surrounding areas in a climatic finish where the blonde girl will say some dramatic stuff and then die and then there's like rain and stuff and then everybody else cries and then there's a 1 minute epilogue at the end where everybody's all happy and stuff and other stuff happens and stuff that happens in a very cliche and generic way. Then some more stuff happens where they just play music... in a very cliche and generic way.

Same thing I was thinking. You sir, say the shit.
+2
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jan 19, 2010 9:31 AM

Jan 2009
OP is still not good enough. ಠ_ಠ I wonder when if it'll grow on me?
Fast! Cover your ears! ┐('ー`;)┌
So she's getting a fever? ٩(๏_๏)۶
It seems to be getting worse. (・3・ア
Oh she actually got pretty bad? ( ゚,_ゝ゚)
Anyway, this nurse (or whatever she is, priestess?), Yumina, kinda reminds me of Ui. ʘ‿ʘ

...Wait... It's a gundam! ヽ(´ー`)ノ A gundam which plays music! ...Wat? ┐('~`;)┌

Tl;dr the scenery's nice anyway. ┐(-。ー')┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 19, 2010 9:37 AM
Jun 2008
I get a feeling the plot will start at 11 or 12..Similar to Rideback?
MorningGloryJan 19, 2010 9:43 AM
Jan 19, 2010 11:30 AM

Jun 2009
Who's subbing this with OP? Yuurian-subs? I watched HorribleSubs version and(like Himatsubushi) no subs for OP in it.
Anyway on main topic, episode was pretty good, we see Rio from her "other" side and this trumpet song was nice. Also i love this opening even though i don't know it's text xD
Wait, it's 19th january already, so tommorow Kalafina's single 'Hikari no Senritsu" (Sora no Woto OP) is relased in japan. ^^
OrochiPLJan 19, 2010 12:35 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 19, 2010 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
Lol Rio looking for snow in the cabinets.

"Snow...where's the snow...Why the hell would we have any snow!!

ROFLMAO!!

Overall a good episode.
Jan 19, 2010 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
So it only took two episodes until the obligatory main-character-gets-sick-because-she-works-too-hard episode airs? Boring.

The show is pretty though (except for the character designs). I'm having Munto TV flashbacks.
Jan 19, 2010 1:56 PM
Nov 2008
Am I the only one who hates the low FPS ratio in the op? When they slide the screen my eyes just start to bleed.... wish it was smooth because it looks awesome otherwise and the music is nice too...
MalestelJan 19, 2010 2:18 PM
Jan 19, 2010 5:07 PM

Jul 2008
This show is an eye candy show. Also it's good to have music based on a rarely used instrument in nowadays music.

It's relaxing and I like it so far and I do think that at the end of the serie they'll beat up the demon using the full constructed tank with a song of power or something like xD
Jan 19, 2010 5:15 PM

Sep 2008
Kinda a downer for all the good things about the episode, but for a good trumpeter, Rio has a poor sense of notes for 'Amazing Grace'. We heard it several times in the episode, but Rio's was the only one consistently out of tune.
Several of her notes were wrong, rather dissonant for her character when even tone deaf Kanata could hum it correctly.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Jan 19, 2010 5:36 PM

Sep 2009
Mmm. Amazing Grace has the uncanny ability to make me perma-sad at any given moment.

I wasn't really expecting the obligatory main-character-gets-sick episode to happen so early, but it was nicely executed. We actually got to see hints of her getting sick and her condition gradually getting worse, unlike the usual spontaneous "OMGI'MSICK x_x"

I lol'd at mio Rio looking through the cabinets for snow. It seems something traumatic happened to her when she was younger to make Kanata's malaria/fever a big deal. Shit's scary, son.
-
Jan 19, 2010 5:50 PM

Apr 2008
Bastion said:
tone deaf Kanata.
kanata has perfect pitch.....

Jan 19, 2010 7:33 PM

May 2009
There really something to hearing Amazing Grace being played (well) on a trumpet. Stirs the soul. Continues to be pretty to look at, especially the backgrounds, and relaxing. Slow pace is not necessarily a bad thing, but I hope there's more to this show.
Jan 19, 2010 11:07 PM

Sep 2008
lvlachine said:
needs more noel!

Next week is Noel episode.
Jan 19, 2010 11:31 PM
Jun 2009
MrRogers said:
lvlachine said:
needs more noel!

Next week is Noel episode.

can't wait then :3
Jan 20, 2010 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
So Kanata tried hard but got sick in the end. Two main points that are important to me development of Rio's character (fact her mother died of a disease and a shaman failed to save her) and that she knows the same girl that Kanata knew in the past=>
. Rio's character was well shown of why she would panic when Kanata was sick (she though many times that Kanata might die because her past trauma with her mother) and why Rio did not trust Yumina. The other point would be that tank Takemikazuchi, it works and has that song recorded in it but does it mean that it will be completed for us to see it in action? Another thing is blood! Could it be a nice foreshadow that there might some more later in the serie even though it was a accident on the part of Rio=>
. Of Kureha had the be the little jealous girl who wanted to be nursed by Rio....oh well. To show all look at this because the view was so astonishing....is that why all call the song "Amazing Grace"=>That shaman looked fake from the start anyways=>
Does the inside cockpit of the Takemikazuchi look like something from a future robot?=>
Ok Kanata here looks like some kind of Nomad going through the desert=>
Now I can clearly see the missile pods and that the tank works but does it even have ammunition/can it get with the supplies the platoon gets?=>
Ok I am a bit disappointed no one from the French section managed to translate this but I will might be a long one.
What the fortune telling cookie says of Phylicia:
Grande (they made mistake it's not Gronde) Bonne Chance/Great Big Chance.
Voeu/Wish->Your dream is realizing itself but the beginnings are difficult. Affaires/Business->It's to adapt to production. You must make efforts. Etudes/Studies->Study in confidence.
Differend/Difference->delegate.
Amour/Love->answer honestly.
Demande en marriage/Demand for marriage->The beginnings are promising but difficult.
Maladie/disease->You can trust....something(it's hidden by her thumb).

What the fortune cookie of Rio says:
Atrocité/atrocity
Voeu/Wish->Be calm your prayers will be granted
Affaires/Business->You are in a hurry and are passing around the important things.
Etudes/Studies->Study mathematics and foreign languages
Differend/Difference->Wait until the storm passes
Amour/Love->You are missing modesty and this (something is hidden by her thumb again)
Demande en marriage/Demand for marriage-> You will not find grounds (something is hidden by her thumb again) where you will oppose your parents
Maladie/disease-> Choice of doctor is not (something is hidden by her thumb again)
Overall great development of Rio!
Proselyt said:
That's because Rio thinks the same might happen to Kanata as that what happened to her mother but also Malaria? I though it was only in warm countries....
Proselyt said:
Yeah I want to know who is that blonde exactly.
Proselyt said:
Yeah and that's too bad! I want one or something that will happen.
BitchMaster said:
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:
Nakei said:

BitchMaster said:

Yeah I some research and it's impossible to label that on people unless that a specific list of anime that pertains to that.
BitchMaster said:
Now I am not at all off subject here but on the contrary on subject because my class will never be a otaku nor some lover of anime....I will always be a farmer no matter what. Anime will always be something of a art with emotions to be felt off from to me no more than that.
BitchMaster said:
Rofl sure if that is your choice like I have the same choice for other animes that you like to think about but not me.
Wasabi said:

Sooo Rio is hating on all religious peoplez cause some she thought some shaman guy couldn't save her mummy from her sickness and that they're all just money grubbing scammers eh?
She does not hate them...she does not trust them and blames them for her mother's death. Rio should have made a doctor come but I suspect the town is more religious than scientific.
Wasabi said:
You know what this plot needs? The mystery blonde girl turns out to be the enemy and then they have ONE EPIC LAST BATTLE in the finale where they totally just destroy the village and the surrounding areas in a climatic finish where the blonde girl will say some dramatic stuff and then die and then there's like rain and stuff and then everybody else cries and then there's a 1 minute epilogue at the end where everybody's all happy and stuff and other stuff happens and stuff that happens in a very cliche and generic way. Then some more stuff happens where they just play music... in a very cliche and generic way. Bank on it. inb4francistakesthisseriously.
But I do like your theory here of what might happen and I call it the total destruction betrayal but instead of the blonde girl it should be a actual enemy with another army coming and they make a second season to continue the fight or some OVAs to show how it ends. Yes?
Wasabi said:
Alexstratz said:

MAcross style missile spam from spidey tank would be epic.
No missile spam would be bad and Macross...what's that? Missile spam in a test would be interesting to see how it works but the missile spam killing the enemy would be best....now that I would like to see.
Yuri-Hime said:
Lol Rio looking for snow in the cabinets.

"Snow...where's the snow...Why the hell would we have any snow!!

ROFLMAO!!

Overall a good episode.
Ah yes....that was great comedy indeed!
Oosran said:
OP is still not good enough. ಠ_ಠ I wonder when if it'll grow on me?
What!? The OP is amazing! I feel nostalgic every time I hear it like something about a ritual chant to the Gods or something like that.
maxime1007 said:
This show is an eye candy show. Also it's good to have music based on a rarely used instrument in nowadays music.

It's relaxing and I like it so far and I do think that at the end of the serie they'll beat up the demon using the full constructed tank with a song of power or something like xD
Yes! That's it! That's right! Exactly that Maxime! Très bien!
francismeunierJan 20, 2010 6:27 AM

Jan 20, 2010 6:47 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Does the inside cockpit of the Takemikazuchi look like something from a future robot?=>
There'll be Gundamu in my K-on-goes-war! ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 20, 2010 7:34 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
There'll be Gundamu in my K-on-goes-war! ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
I got to see that anime Gundam...just checked out it's a anime. Oosran put on my profile which Gundams I should start with in order....dude need your help on that one. Gaaah so much anime to much so little time. Doh >_<

Jan 20, 2010 7:43 AM
Jul 2008
I almost smacked my head on the desk when I heard Amazing Grace. No offense, it's well written but whenever it's played for real, it's played MULTIPLE times - like ten; I'm almost sick of it. Okay, or it might be just me.

The snow part was just a bit funny, although we all know that she'd snap out of it cuz it's so anime cliche funny. Yay for mecha music! what? the tank plays music?!?!? =.="

Either the anime's foreshadowing, or some of us are overthinking with theories lol.

Enjoyable nonetheless.
Jan 20, 2010 10:12 AM

May 2008
that nobody seems to have heard amazing grace makes me facepalm enough, but with the corny teamwork speech with the tank and such this episode was just way too sappy and I couldn't buy into it...

she was able to hum it after only hearing it once! ^^;

I am a banana.
Jan 20, 2010 10:14 AM

Oct 2009
lvlachine said:
needs more noel
Jan 20, 2010 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
bla bla bla

TL;DR
Jan 20, 2010 10:39 AM

Jan 2010
Do you guys think that Noel's name is Noeru or Noel? 'cause I saw that it is written in kanji, making it a japanese name, so it should be Noeru, in my opinion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.