Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2016 6:27 AM

Aug 2015
Will persona 5 get dubbed ?er day
or will it be in the market on an day (the dubbed version)
Jun 8, 2016 6:30 AM

Feb 2013
if you're talking about this -> http://myanimelist.net/anime/31645/Persona_5_the_Animation__The_Day_Breakers then most likely not

if you're talking about the game, most likely yes

either way, there is not enough info, there likely won't be until after release, and you're posting in the wrong place anyway
Jun 8, 2016 6:34 AM

Aug 2015
why not the anime? and only the game?
Jun 8, 2016 6:35 AM

May 2016
If experience has taught me anything, the Persona 5 anime is going to be just as rushed and lazy as the Persona 3 and 4 anime have been. Don't even waste your time watching it and just buy the game.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 8, 2016 6:37 AM

Aug 2015
if you mean the anime, persona 4 was great.About game ...dont know
Jun 8, 2016 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
Sep 3, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/14/persona-5-wont-feature-dual-audio-gets-morganas-english-voiceover-sample-e3-2016/
Siliconera has learned today that Persona 5 won’t include both English and Japanese voiceover options, but Atlus will instead stick to English in-game text and voices for their localization.

According to Atlus, a stable of talented voice actors have provided the English voiceovers while Atlus’s own localization team offers an English script that “provides a faithful and engaging play experience.”
Although there's still a chance that we Europeans (I don't know where you live so I'm mostly referring to myself) might get a dual audio/Japanese only option since the majority of Europeans aren't native English speakers and therefore might not necessarily be too hooked on having to listen to the English dub
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 3, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2008
Comic_Sans said:
Although there's still a chance that we Europeans (I don't know where you live so I'm mostly referring to myself) might get a dual audio/Japanese only option since the majority of Europeans aren't native English speakers and therefore might not necessarily be too hooked on having to listen to the English dub

Nah, Deep Silver confirmed that the EU edition will be just like the American one, just with a different region code/rating.
Sep 3, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
Romores said:
Nah, Deep Silver confirmed that the EU edition will be just like the American one, just with a different region code/rating.
Well that sucks

I guess I'm just gonna have to improve my Japanese skills or get the illegal undub version once it comes out then
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 12, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Romores said:
Well that sucks

I guess I'm just gonna have to improve my Japanese skills or get the illegal undub version once it comes out then

They have talked about fixing japanese audio DLC though so who knows, personally I ordered the japanese version but I'm gonna get the English version aswell when it comes out.
Sep 12, 2016 9:46 PM

Mar 2014
Niella said:
Comic_Sans said:
Well that sucks

They have talked about fixing japanese audio DLC though so who knows, personally I ordered the japanese version but I'm gonna get the English version aswell when it comes out.
Oh really? That's awesome
Nico- said:
May 16, 2017 5:22 AM

Jul 2012
Comic_Sans said:
Niella said:

It's been almost a year but I'm surprised that they actually did. Although for some reason my japanese audio is returning errors so I'm probably gonna stick with the english dub. What a bummer.
よろしく!
May 16, 2017 7:08 AM

Mar 2014
ariacelesta said:
Comic_Sans said:

It's been almost a year but I'm surprised that they actually did. Although for some reason my japanese audio is returning errors so I'm probably gonna stick with the english dub. What a bummer.
I feel you fam, the Japanese version really has an all star cast.

What do you mean by "it's returning errors"? Can't you download it?
Nico- said:
May 17, 2017 12:19 PM

Mar 2015
Majority of people still would play in dubbed english version. If you play with jp voices, you are weeaboo and pretentious freak, 'cuz japanese voices are squeaky and unpleasant for ears.
I'm played with japanesy dub, because their voices are more familiar for me, than their english counterpart. As for english dub, i think, that their voice actors did quite a solid job. I don't have a plan on second (or even more, who knows?) playthrough play with english voices. Maybe, i'm later reconsider my opinion, but not now.
If to compare, i think, that from Phantom Thieves cast, Yuuki Aoi, Fukuyama Jun, Rina Satou voices are better, than their english voices. Rest of cast is pretty much on a same level.
P.S. If someone got different opinion about japanese and english voices, i'm positive to read it, if someone decide to post their thoughts.
TlahuizcapanteMay 18, 2017 1:21 PM
May 22, 2017 8:00 AM

Jul 2012
Comic_Sans said:
ariacelesta said:

I feel you fam, the Japanese version really has an all star cast.

What do you mean by "it's returning errors"? Can't you download it?

I got it working but they sound muffled for some reason. I realised that the english voice also sounded muffled, but the japanese one sound more apparent. Maybe because I'm using my headset through the audio jack on the dualshock, such LQ.

Tlahuizcapante said:
Majority of people still would play in dubbed english version. If you play with jp voices, you are weeaboo and pretentious freak, 'cuz japanese voices are squeaky and unpleasant for ears.
I'm played with japanesy dub, because their voices are more familiar for me, than their english counterpart. As for english dub, i think, that their voice actors did quite a solid job. I don't have a plan on second (or even more, who knows?) playthrough play with english voices. Maybe, i'm later reconsider my opinion, but not now.
If to compare, i think, that from Phantom Thieves cast, Yuuki Aoi, Fukuyama Jun, Rina Satou voices are better, than their english voices. Rest of cast is pretty much on a same level.
P.S. If someone got different opinion about japanese and english voices, i'm positive to read it, if someone decide to post their thoughts.

I'm usually a sucker for japanese dub. I watch every and any anime with japanese dub, I believe that jap dub is superior in anime, I follow the belief that a material should be watched in its original language. That being said, I actually enjoy, and have been enjoying persona 5 in english dub compared to the japanese dub, it's hard to say really, I don't know why.

To me the english dub in persona carries more emotion, and feels more persona like. It might have been because of the bias I carry, having finished persona 3 and 4 in english. It's such a shame considering the all star cast persona 5 has for its jap dub. You're forgetting Tomatsu Haruka and Tomokazu Sugita. I'm pretty sad about this actually, and to be honest, I got stressed out over it. I truly want to enjoy persona 5 in japanese, but I find myself enjoying the english dub more.

Maybe it's something that has to do with the theme? I find the theme of 'Phantom Thief' and the french-esque vibe to be more fitting in english rather than japanese. Joker, Panther, Fox, Mona. And 'The Phantom Thieves of Hearts" sounds more fitting than "Kokoro no Kaitoudan".

And one last thing, the localisation. I like reading texts, and I usually read the text along with the dialogue. However, I find that, often, the japanese dialogue is often different from the english text, sometimes it's minor, but another time they mean totally different things. And to be honest that put a strain in my brain, basically it's like processing two different informations at the same time.

The same thing happened to me while playing Neptune, but neptune is a troll game so the dialogues are 100% comedy, so I could care less. But I wouldn't want that in persona. Had I known this I would have bought the jp ver, but then I wouldn't be able to get the premium box.
よろしく!
May 22, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
ariacelesta said:
I got it working but they sound muffled for some reason. I realised that the english voice also sounded muffled, but the japanese one sound more apparent. Maybe because I'm using my headset through the audio jack on the dualshock, such LQ.
Yeah, that's probably why because I haven't had any problems with it
Nico- said:
May 22, 2017 12:27 PM

Mar 2015
ariacelesta said:

Tlahuizcapante said:

I'm usually a sucker for japanese dub. I watch every and any anime with japanese dub, I believe that jap dub is superior in anime, I follow the belief that a material should be watched in its original language. That being said, I actually enjoy, and have been enjoying persona 5 in english dub compared to the japanese dub, it's hard to say really, I don't know why.

To me the english dub in persona carries more emotion, and feels more persona like. It might have been because of the bias I carry, having finished persona 3 and 4 in english. It's such a shame considering the all star cast persona 5 has for its jap dub. You're forgetting Tomatsu Haruka and Tomokazu Sugita. I'm pretty sad about this actually, and to be honest, I got stressed out over it. I truly want to enjoy persona 5 in japanese, but I find myself enjoying the english dub more.

And one last thing, the localisation. I like reading texts, and I usually read the text along with the dialogue. However, I find that, often, the japanese dialogue is often different from the english text, sometimes it's minor, but another time they mean totally different things. And to be honest that put a strain in my brain, basically it's like processing two different informations at the same time.

Jeez, Matthew Mercer are legend. His Leon is awesome voice acting work. I don't think, that he is weaker than Sugita by any means. If talk about Haru, i think that both voice actress did a pretty good job.
Well, it quite interesting. No sure, that i follow, but basically you're just find like "secret entrance" in phrase, so it just making experience more compelling.
TlahuizcapanteMay 22, 2017 1:48 PM
May 22, 2017 8:53 PM

Jul 2012
@Tlahuizcapante Honestly I'm surprised. Like all other persona games, the english dub is really good. But I'm still missing tomatsu haruka as haru's voice. For people claiming that only weebs play in jap dub, it's just that not everyone speaks english at native level. Sometimes I find easier to understand jap sentences, but another time it's easier in english.
よろしく!
May 23, 2017 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
@ariacelesta If point out on one problem in english dub - that's a use of japanese honorifics. Just...Stop it, okay?
May 23, 2017 4:38 PM

Jul 2012
@Tlahuizcapante Actually I don't mind it. I find it quite cute actually. I do that when talking with my jap friends, and other jap speaking friends.
よろしく!
May 23, 2017 4:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Usually id try my best to get subs but the dub is actually fine.
(well i didnt get the subs because i thought i had to pay for the japanese cast. gg me .-.)

The only english dub that annoy me so far is Haru's VA, urgh.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 24, 2017 6:31 AM

Dec 2015
Caroline and Justine's eng dub voice is kinda unpleasant to my ears (especially the secret boss fight. There's some lines that annoyed me.)

Haru's, too.

Overall, the dub's fine.
May 28, 2017 1:38 PM

Mar 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Usually id try my best to get subs but the dub is actually fine.
(well i didnt get the subs because i thought i had to pay for the japanese cast. gg me .-.)

The only english dub that annoy me so far is Haru's VA, urgh.
I think you can switch audio even when you've already begun a playthrough, you just have to go to the title screen in order to configurate your language settings because you can't do it in the in-game configurations
Nico- said:
May 29, 2017 3:09 AM

Jul 2012
@Tlahuizcapante @Comic_Sans
I changed my mind after Futaba appeared. To be honest I love the english cast, well, I loved it. My fav voice in the engish dub is Makoto's voice, she's just much better in the english dub than the jap dub. However, the rest pales in comparison, especially Futaba and Haru.....

After Futaba I realised that I need to change the dub so I've been playing in jp ever since. And Haru's voice in jp (Tomatsu Haruka) sounds so lovely.
よろしく!
May 29, 2017 3:46 AM

Mar 2015
@ariacelesta What personaliy you dislike in eng dub? I heard some lines of every voice actors in english version, and think, that english Futaba are actually one of the best voices. Of course, japanese version is better, 'cause Yuuki Aoi did fantastic job, and i think that she are capture Futaba's personality greatly. If compare both version, i think, that in english, Futaba sound more mature and have less quirky personality. Also, i think, that most characters are been writen with particular seiyuu in mind. I mean, look at smirk of MC, during of his awakening. It's just felt that this character is created to be voiced by Fukuyama Jun or Miyano Mamoru.
May 29, 2017 3:50 AM

Jul 2012
Tlahuizcapante said:
@ariacelesta What personaliy you dislike in eng dub? I heard some lines of every voice actors in english version, and think, that english Futaba are actually one of the best voices. Of course, japanese version is better, 'cause Yuuki Aoi did fantastic job, and i think that she are capture Futaba's personality greatly. If compare both version, i think, that in english, Futaba sound more mature and have less quirky personality. Also, i think, that most characters are been writen with particular seiyuu in mind. I mean, look at smirk of MC, during of his awakening. It's just felt that this character is created to be voiced by Fukuyama Jun or Miyano Mamoru.

Well yeah, that. Futaba felt too mature for her age, with the english dub. She's supposed to be a quirky highschool dropout hikikomori, but the english dub made her sound like a mature woman in her mid-life crisis. Yuuki Aoi just suits her too much. The other characters are fine though in my opinion, and I love Makoto in english dub as well.
よろしく!
May 29, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2014
ariacelesta said:
@Tlahuizcapante @Comic_Sans
I changed my mind after Futaba appeared. To be honest I love the english cast, well, I loved it. My fav voice in the engish dub is Makoto's voice, she's just much better in the english dub than the jap dub. However, the rest pales in comparison, especially Futaba and Haru.....

After Futaba I realised that I need to change the dub so I've been playing in jp ever since. And Haru's voice in jp (Tomatsu Haruka) sounds so lovely.
The English dub was pretty hit and miss in my opinion. Sojiro, Makoto, Sae, Kamoshida and Kawakami were good, Morgana was alright and the rest were either meh (Haru) or bad (protagonist, Futaba, Akechi, Ann + some characters whose voices I don't remember well other than that they were bad or meh). Atlus are unusally good when it comes to directing their voice actors so I think the main problem was that the voice cast mostly consisted of newcomers while previous titles (especially Persona 4) had more experienced voice actors in store.

It is still better than your average FUCKERYmation/Sentai Shitworks dub but I don't feel too tempted to play with the English voices, which is sad because I didn't mind playing the official P3 Fes + P4 Golden versions dubbed (despite having already played both games undubbed beforehand) and that is quite unusual since I usually don't like English dubs.
Comic_SansApr 8, 2018 1:35 AM
Nico- said:
May 29, 2017 4:19 AM

Jul 2012
@Comic_Sans I agree with you. P3 and P4's dubs were amazing. Persona's dubs in a whole are on another level compared to those shit tiers anime dubs. I usually get an uncontrollable cringe every time I watch those.
よろしく!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation: The Day Breakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2016

75 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 24, 11:13 PM

» Persona 5 Ost

Caramellochi - Sep 3, 2016

3 by removed-user »»
Sep 7, 2016 2:49 PM

» Do i need to watch persona 3 and 4 before starting this?

blitz_21x - Sep 3, 2016

2 by Laisrian »»
Sep 3, 2016 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.