Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2016 7:24 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In the end, Shapiro barely added anything to the story, but it's better than making him some sort of Bio Broly, coming back from death angry. Masato still remained frozen together with that alien that didn't lead anywhere. It's a really weird finale to the franchise, I really don't know how to feel about these turn of events.

Best part about the OVA is probably the final ending, main cast singing BURNING LOVE. It's so awesome. YATTEYARUZE!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 18, 2019 4:21 AM

Apr 2011
This ova was a hot mess.
The first episode was great- and then the remaining three were wasted on boring robot fights and characters regressing, and seemingly IGNORING important relationship developments from the previous ova.

Seriously, Masato was literally fridged after he cheated on Laura with random-useless-character [alien plant girl who had NO plot importance], Shinobu and Sara broke up? But then they never were together??? Shapiro is STILL important to Sara after the shit that was the original series finale? Like really? Regression.

Shinobu having ptsd, or being unhappy with civilian life was also a regression.. What happened to his musical career and wanting to be with Sara? Suddenly those things are GONE.

Only Ryo didn't regress- but he also didn't really do much either.

A disappointment, with great character visuals and music.
Aurgh... I want to hate this but I can't bring myself to.

5/10.

I would recommend any new viewers to watch this one and THEN the other ova, because then the plot makes more sense.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 1, 2020 8:57 PM

Mar 2016
This kinda sucked. Don't even hate what they were going for with Shapiro at the end but I just didn't care about what was happening for most of it. Seemed like a lazy retread, and even with interesting enemy deigns and crazy plant-planet set pieces the battles weren't that great.

Also, the cast seemed way more sarcastic and combative than they ever did in the TV series.

But the OP is right it is a very strange, and rather unfortunate, way to end the franchise. But at least we know Nova exists.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujuu Kishin Dancougar: Hakunetsu no Shuushou Episode 3 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Apr 29, 2016

1 by hyosun »»
Dec 29, 2020 2:06 AM

Poll: » Choujuu Kishin Dancougar: Hakunetsu no Shuushou Episode 1 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Apr 29, 2016

1 by AngelicTotoro »»
Sep 17, 2019 3:49 AM

Poll: » Choujuu Kishin Dancougar: Hakunetsu no Shuushou Episode 2 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Apr 29, 2016

0 by ZetaZaku »»
Apr 29, 2016 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.