Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2016 9:41 AM
Jul 2012
Why didn't Inaho and Selylum end up together?

I just finished the anime and tbh it kinda ruined the ending that they didn't end up together, they obviously seemed to want to both want to be together but instead she ended up with the count guy and inaho was alone

I personally think it would of been a much better simple of peace between earth and mars if the hero of Earth (Inaho) married the princess of Mars (Seylum) since they did seem to want to be together

Mod Edit: Modified title due to spoilers.
NoLiferSoulAug 3, 2021 1:56 AM
Apr 17, 2016 4:11 PM
May 2012
It's like the authors thought that making stupid princess, choose one of the 2 will br8k the shippers so they made a new character appear out of nowhere during the climax and steal the girl cos that solves everything! What they did in fact was ruined both of the shippers and ruin it's ending. I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK!!

IF only Klainkain is apparently a bad guy & end up being psychotic at the end, trying to rape that princess & the BITTER end, it should be a good twist.

Am I the only one who actually care about this show? Why am I the only one who felt sorry both Inaho & Slaine while others still hating it & talking shit somehow?! I still don't understand why I've been surrounded by hundreds of elitist who actually care about the quality of the show anyway.

sigh Maybe I'm just taking this too seriously. fml
Apr 20, 2016 1:41 AM

Mar 2015
This series kinda heavy on politics from the beginning. It is not tag as ROMANCE for certain reason. xD
This salad is salty favored
Apr 28, 2016 5:57 AM
May 2012
AND YES, WHAT A COP OUT ENDING THIS ANIME IS!!
Aug 21, 2016 4:29 PM

Nov 2015
Asselyum didn't show romantic feelings towards Inaho but appreciation and respect.
Inaho, I find hard to believe that he ever felt something more for her, really. Yes, he was eager to save her but as he in several occasions said, they were in war. He saved her not because of her, but because it was the right thing to do. Trying not to think so robot-like, yeah... she was a cute princess, why not? Naw, I don't think there was such feeling.
Sep 21, 2016 12:40 AM

Mar 2012
Episode 22 (10 in season 2), conversation between Lemrina, hereby addressed as L, and Asseylum, as A.

If you could, please watch that segment and notice the emotion or facial reaction of Asseylum. Even as Lemrina said that she is pitiful, she was shocked but can't rebut.

As I see it, what happened in AZ2 is unlike those usual fantasy romance themed shit where the love between a royalty and noble birthcommoner had a fruitful outcome. Asseylum prioritized the welfare of her people rather than going for her personal emotions.

As you have guessed, yes, I think Asseylum loved Inaho and the feeling was mutual.

Slaine is a different case, Slaine can be seen as a cherished childhood friend.

Edit: Typo
dzn018May 12, 2018 6:06 PM
Apr 24, 2018 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
Man, what's up with the spoilers being in titles now.. I mean I know that this is from 2 years ago, but still.. Guess I'm not going to watch the rest of the series now because of the ending being spoiled.

caught in the wonder
May 1, 2018 10:23 PM
Jan 2016
Gem said:
Man, what's up with the spoilers being in titles now.. I mean I know that this is from 2 years ago, but still.. Guess I'm not going to watch the rest of the series now because of the ending being spoiled.

So you decided to bump a 3 year old thread so that others can be spoiled? Lol ok then
May 8, 2018 11:16 AM

Mar 2017
exactly my thoughts after finishing this series.
I was so heartbroken when they didn't ended up together ; w ;

dzn018 has a point. Asseylum maybe chose the welfare of her people than her own feelings.

IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS ALREADY AND I STILL CAN'T ACCEPT THE ENDING

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 5, 2019 10:01 PM
Apr 2019
Most of the time authors of good plot stories try to be dramatic. They will try to write something else that hasn't been foreseen by the readers. And remember most of the foreseeable future can be justified by the situations. But the author tries to be a little too unpredictable and ends up ruining the whole creation.
Same thing happened here too. It can be justified for them to get together but hey author has the power to ruin the ending. so he did. Most of the time author society thinks that a sad ending is the best ending for a military based story. Such a bad thinking they have. People try Cross Ange. You will have a good understanding of what a good mecha ending feels like. But remember Cross ange has Heavily Dark moments.
Apr 10, 2019 7:18 AM
Apr 2019
because the author is the same as who writting bocuno picco..
well now days i rather not involved with this guy work anymore.. doesnt matter how goood the start is.. he will screw it.. i think he has love for NTR or like to NTR ppl.. and with that BL..
i think his very existence is to troll people..
clearly talented... but a talent we dont need for..
Apr 22, 2019 4:33 AM

Jan 2015
theunknownboss said:
well now days i rather not involved with this guy work anymore.. doesnt matter how goood the start is.. he will screw it.. i think he has love for NTR or like to NTR ppl.. and with that BL..

A hero we deserve but not the one we need.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Apr 22, 2019 4:55 AM

Jan 2009
its just an anime trope that saving the world is better than saving your beloved woman (well in this case its the reverse since the girl choose to save the world rather than to love her man)
Sep 5, 2019 2:14 AM
Jun 2016
I just finsihed the anime 2 days ago...and yes, I was dissapointed that Inaho and Asseylum did not end up together.

But then again, think about it. Asseylum knew, probably from childhood, that she is going to be the Empress...and as such, no time for 'her feelings' (Add the fact that she is an INFP...those kind of people are darn too selfless). Plus, if she ahdn't acted the way she had, the war between Earth and Vers would have kept on going.

Maybe she should have run off with our man Inaho...which would have been cool ...BUT

1.The Orbital Knights would have promptly declared her a traitor...war continues
2.Earth would have just used her as a 'Aldonah battery' or something...war continues.
3.Then there is the fact that the royal family of Vers is all that stands between peace and chaos on Vers itself. (Note that the Knights were fighting amongst themselves as well..or at the very least there is high tension among the knights...which is one thing I hated about the Versians. In war, put aside all your petty differences, bruv..and unite...or something.).

By taking over the role of Empress and marrying Crutheo junior...she was able to end the war, and bring peace among the Knights. (Two birds with one stone).

Inaho too has one quality that I like...he isn't possesive. He knows that while Asseylum loves him, and he loves her, Asseylum too values her homeland Vers and peace between the planets above all things. So, he in essence supported Asseylum by letting her achieve her dreams...even if it meant giving up his love for her.

That embraces one of the themes of this anime...self sacrifice. Putting aside feelings for the sake of the greater good. Inaho and Asseylum are basically the embodiment of that virtue
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Sep 5, 2019 6:44 AM

Mar 2010
I wanted to buy the dvd just now until I checked this site and saw many negative feedback of it. Guess bye bye aldonoah zero. Still, YT recommends me some of its ost and it sounds quite cool to listen to
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 7:41 AM
Jun 2016
Sebastian333 said:
I wanted to buy the dvd just now until I checked this site and saw many negative feedback of it. Guess bye bye aldonoah zero. Still, YT recommends me some of its ost and it sounds quite cool to listen to

Buy the DVD. It's an enjoyable anime.Don't bother about the critics. At least I didn't.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Nov 19, 2020 7:42 AM
Nov 2020
Since I completed this anime a while ago, I might be forgetting smthing, but...

Wasn't princess the one with the ability to control the alsnoah that vers were using, and all the humans clearly following Iraho? The ending was so fucked up it ruined the whole mood for me for days, and then I forgot about this. Looking back, author made a almost 8-9/10 series, just to rekt the ending and make the whole series go down to ~5/10(atleast imo). Also, there could've been many ways to make Iraho and Princess together, considering all the messed up shit. Eg would be the prince trying to use princess and Iraho saving her, or Simply princess divorcing(would've been funny af, but logical since war ended and she could marry the strongest guy from the earth and also make him a knight or smth to prove the loyaly for both sides).

But, the author decided to make the series NOT SO HAPPY, and we'll, duh...
Jun 16, 2021 1:29 PM
Feb 2021
JafriZin said:
It's like the authors thought that making stupid princess, choose one of the 2 will br8k the shippers so they made a new character appear out of nowhere during the climax and steal the girl cos that solves everything! What they did in fact was ruined both of the shippers and ruin it's ending. I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK!!

IF only Klainkain is apparently a bad guy & end up being psychotic at the end, trying to rape that princess & the BITTER end, it should be a good twist.

Am I the only one who actually care about this show? Why am I the only one who felt sorry both Inaho & Slaine while others still hating it & talking shit somehow?! I still don't understand why I've been surrounded by hundreds of elitist who actually care about the quality of the show anyway.

LMAO, You're not alone ,but i have to disagree on feeling sorry for Slaine. I wanted to kill him the whole time i was watching this anime,if not for him I'd rated this anime 8/10, because of him i gave it a 6/10.
Jul 10, 2021 8:39 AM

Jun 2021
If Slaine had focussed more on his science lessons then he would have known that sky appears blue due to scattering and not defraction. Then he might have had more of a chance with princess selylum 😂😂
Mar 16, 2022 1:05 PM
Mar 2022
9jaotaku said:
I just finsihed the anime 2 days ago...and yes, I was dissapointed that Inaho and Asseylum did not end up together.

But then again, think about it. Asseylum knew, probably from childhood, that she is going to be the Empress...and as such, no time for 'her feelings' (Add the fact that she is an INFP...those kind of people are darn too selfless). Plus, if she ahdn't acted the way she had, the war between Earth and Vers would have kept on going.

Maybe she should have run off with our man Inaho...which would have been cool ...BUT

1.The Orbital Knights would have promptly declared her a traitor...war continues
2.Earth would have just used her as a 'Aldonah battery' or something...war continues.
3.Then there is the fact that the royal family of Vers is all that stands between peace and chaos on Vers itself. (Note that the Knights were fighting amongst themselves as well..or at the very least there is high tension among the knights...which is one thing I hated about the Versians. In war, put aside all your petty differences, bruv..and unite...or something.).

By taking over the role of Empress and marrying Crutheo junior...she was able to end the war, and bring peace among the Knights. (Two birds with one stone).

Inaho too has one quality that I like...he isn't possesive. He knows that while Asseylum loves him, and he loves her, Asseylum too values her homeland Vers and peace between the planets above all things. So, he in essence supported Asseylum by letting her achieve her dreams...even if it meant giving up his love for her.

That embraces one of the themes of this anime...self sacrifice. Putting aside feelings for the sake of the greater good. Inaho and Asseylum are basically the embodiment of that virtue

Marrying the junior will not stop the war though.
The tension will not disappear just because they got married.
The humans of earth will not just sit by and let all the sht they had been given go through.
Maybe she married the jr so the knights wont fight each other, but what about Earth?
They successfully defended Earth but now what? They will want revenge, they will want power.
That's exactly why Saazbum rebelled anyway, to gain power and be free from the complications of the hierarchy.

They can address the internal issues between the knights overtime, but the tensions between Vars and Earth is a ticking time bomb.

Realistically speaking, political marriage would actually mean 2 opposing sides being bound by marriage.
And at the moment we have around 4 sides: UAE, Vars, Slaine, Inaho/Asseylum.
1. UAE is defending but they will attack, once they have the power to do so.
2. Vars will not be the same Vars, especially after the coup.
3. Slaine(with 2nd princess) shares Count Saazbum's vision of freedom and power to be free from influence.(they want to break off from Vars)
4. Inaho and Asseylum with peace.

-What the anime went for is 4-2, Asseylum and Vars. That only solves small problem but ignores the big one(3 and 1)
-They can't have her marry Slaine because he is considered a traitor, but it would have solved the issue between the knights directly and Vars indirectly.(still controversial though)
-The best route was Inaho, it's the exact meaning of a "political marriage". Afterall, neither side is willing to wage war even after decades because they have a LEGIT CONNECTION. And during this time Vars can fix their internal issues.
It solves many problems.
Asseylum is thinking about her people NOW, but she is not thinking of whole image.
Afterall, the reason why they attempted to assassinate her anyway is because of the knights.(#3)
UAE will have their revenge(#1) in the future
Vars will be splintered(#2)

And to solve them you pick temporary peace by marrying a knight? Who says the knight will not have designs for Earth? If he does, and he will, then the self-sacrifice is useless.
Huh?

And the reason why marrying Inaho is better in the long run is because just in case the knights do rebel, they will be cornered by both sides(UAE and Vars)
By marrying the knight, any aggressions by any knight will be seen as aggression by Vars itself.
Then, another war.

Yeah the ending is sht not because the ship got destroyed. But because realistically speaking it was a short serving decision. The reason is "I choose my people" that will only have more of my people killed in a decade or so kind of reason.
The directors decided of a "political marriage" ending, however I'm not sure if they really know what the meaning of a political marriage is between powers.
Mar 26, 2022 7:14 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
StellarIceberg said:
theunknownboss said:

A hero we deserve but not the one we need.

Also fullmetal alchemist
Maybe Ed is supposed to be pico? 🤔

Oct 8, 2022 10:07 PM
Aug 2021
Cvolt said:
9jaotaku said:

Marrying the junior will not stop the war though.
The tension will not disappear just because they got married.
The humans of earth will not just sit by and let all the sht they had been given go through.
Maybe she married the jr so the knights wont fight each other, but what about Earth?
They successfully defended Earth but now what? They will want revenge, they will want power.
That's exactly why Saazbum rebelled anyway, to gain power and be free from the complications of the hierarchy.

They can address the internal issues between the knights overtime, but the tensions between Vars and Earth is a ticking time bomb.

Realistically speaking, political marriage would actually mean 2 opposing sides being bound by marriage.
And at the moment we have around 4 sides: UAE, Vars, Slaine, Inaho/Asseylum.
1. UAE is defending but they will attack, once they have the power to do so.
2. Vars will not be the same Vars, especially after the coup.
3. Slaine(with 2nd princess) shares Count Saazbum's vision of freedom and power to be free from influence.(they want to break off from Vars)
4. Inaho and Asseylum with peace.

-What the anime went for is 4-2, Asseylum and Vars. That only solves small problem but ignores the big one(3 and 1)
-They can't have her marry Slaine because he is considered a traitor, but it would have solved the issue between the knights directly and Vars indirectly.(still controversial though)
-The best route was Inaho, it's the exact meaning of a "political marriage". Afterall, neither side is willing to wage war even after decades because they have a LEGIT CONNECTION. And during this time Vars can fix their internal issues.
It solves many problems.
Asseylum is thinking about her people NOW, but she is not thinking of whole image.
Afterall, the reason why they attempted to assassinate her anyway is because of the knights.(#3)
UAE will have their revenge(#1) in the future
Vars will be splintered(#2)

And to solve them you pick temporary peace by marrying a knight? Who says the knight will not have designs for Earth? If he does, and he will, then the self-sacrifice is useless.
Huh?

And the reason why marrying Inaho is better in the long run is because just in case the knights do rebel, they will be cornered by both sides(UAE and Vars)
By marrying the knight, any aggressions by any knight will be seen as aggression by Vars itself.
Then, another war.

Yeah the ending is sht not because the ship got destroyed. But because realistically speaking it was a short serving decision. The reason is "I choose my people" that will only have more of my people killed in a decade or so kind of reason.
The directors decided of a "political marriage" ending, however I'm not sure if they really know what the meaning of a political marriage is between powers.

Not to be that guy but you're wrong sorry.

Marrying mc would be pointless because he's just a random pilot at the end of the day. I'm just going to guess that Earth is under democracy woth how they talked about the Mars leadership. Political marriages can't exist in a democracy because the family Roy marry may be out of power in 5 years. Any peace with Earth would have to be purely political and economic. Thus the trade deals they put in place are the most realistic option. Long term however if anyone is able to activate the tech and Earth reverse engineers it and becomes able to build it themselves then Mars may have a problem.

Marrying the bad guy would give legitimacy to his conquest of Earth and no unify the Martian Empire, it'd actually lead to a split and probable civil war. In fact I don't understand how declaring your own Kingdom and taking with you more than half of Mar's main military force didn't count as treason and immediately trigger a civil war. Other than main bad guy there was no other leader on that side and so marriage would be pointless.

Marrying the guy she did is the only logical marriage. She had 2 allies from Mars; both Counts not Knights, so both of significant social standing. Announcing a marriage with one of them delegitimises the claim to authority that bad guy is using and therefore removes the reason for the other Lords to follow him. Then it's just a matter of which one, one was a random Lord who'd been beaten in battle and lost standing or the other was one who was sent by the Emperor and is the heir of in influential Lord who died. Marrying him gets the Lords still loyal to the Emperor on side and so that's the best choice of the 2.

Now I don't get how the Princess declaring herself Empress didn't start another civil war, unless the Emperor died off screen I guess? Who can do and declare what in the Mars Empire seems to be very wishy washy depending on how they need the pacing to be. I'm also presuming she's the first in line to the throne although I don't actually remember the show ever actually explicitly stating that as fact.

Is it the typical ending to a TV show? No, but it's also far more realistic to be honest. Whilst yes you are right an internal Mars marriage may in the future lead to war with Earth again that'd probably happen reguardless of marriage. Like they said in the show war is over resources and land, it's an inevitability but by securing the integrity of the Mars Empire you remove a unpredictable cause for war. If Mars had fractured it would have led to immediate war rather than a war down the road.

In terms of would people forgive and forget? No, there would probably be hostile feelings for a long time but people would quickly get on with their lives. How do I know this as a certainty you ask? Look at WWII and the death and destruction that caused but after peace was signed we got on with yrade and relations improved. Same has happened with the handing over of the British Empire which conquered over 59 countries, the UK remained on good terms with almost all it's previous colonies and now has the Commonwealth. There for sure would still be resentment, Wales, Scotland and Ireland don't particularly like England; England doesn't like France; Poland doesn't like Germany or Russia; Korea and China don't like Japan but we all get along and trade and travel between each other. War is a state of nature it's just that the scale has grown but humans are designed to live in the now and not the past.
May 22, 2023 8:26 AM
Dec 2013
I got reminded to this show by the song and still couldn’t accept the ending. I don’t care if it won’t make sense if inaho ended up with princess, they can made up any reason just like they made up the reason that somehow martians and earth made a fucking peace
Jul 9, 2023 11:48 PM
Jun 2023
JafriZin said:

IF only Klainkain is apparently a bad guy & end up being psychotic at the end,  trying to rape that princess & the BITTER end, it should be a good twist.

shut up crazy nigga rape rape go rape yourself
Mar 1, 1:47 AM

Jul 2022
Why didn't Inaho and Selylum end up together?

Because feudalism is stupid.

I'll never understand Japan's obsession with bullshit hierarchies.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.