Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jun 16, 2023 3:12 AM

Jul 2014
Good ending I can say. The anime had some stretched stuff and sometimes it felt also a bit rushed in some cases, especially when Manato died. Nonetheless it was a good watch, at least when they're serious, its entertaining to watch

7/10. Could see myself watching a 2nd season
Jun 18, 2023 9:52 AM
Feb 2022
Its different from the usual isekai, good story loved it..
Jul 4, 2023 11:22 PM
Jul 2023
MF GOOD!!, waiting for the next season
Jul 22, 2023 4:15 PM
Feb 2022
Man this show was so much better than I expected. It seems a lot of people, myself included, were thrown off by the art style and the extreme usage of music throughout the series, but I came to appreciate it all. In a genre full of copycats, this one stuck out to me.

It’s not perfect, but some of the world building, emotional struggles, and battle sequences were unique and top notch.

Some of the characters got left feeling a bit dry and unremarkable, but overall I found myself getting attached to them and enjoying their characterizations.

As expected (despite being new to the title), the plot didn’t pan out to some epic story, but I think that is a smart move to really pull realism into it and highlight the struggles of normal inhabitants of a world like this.

I left this feeling that it easily deserves an 8. After reviewing my list again, I’m bumping it to a nine, although it might be revised later back to an 8 as I find myself overweighting scores across the board in general. I will see if the many many other titles I will watch match up to this, but they’ve got a high bar to deal with. Great show

edit: already came back and did a second watch thru. this time raw in original audio. i liked it even more this go around. there’s really something about how the characters, voice acting, art, music, and story telling all come together to make a unique, entertaining experience. i feel much more sure about my 9 already. i love this show. im due for a new light novel series soon (also in japanese) and i think this is gunna be it. can’t wait to find out the other stuff that happened around and after the events in this season of this show.
jasutin_hoshiAug 22, 2023 10:47 PM
Jul 29, 2023 5:50 AM

May 2020
So a happy ending, right? Can't say I didn't see it coming, but hey atleast they made sure it came with the message and theme of this series, that is "struggle". Also for anyone into ships, Haruhiro x Mary, is kind of an official thing to go with after this finale.

Now the series itself despite being an isekai felt fine.. which with certainty could've been MORE THAN fine, if the pacing along with a few things were handled well enough.

My biggest gripe is that we never saw anything about that second party Renji leads except one or two minutes of it in one of those previous episodes and a brief one here towards the end. Also these people were amnesiac, right? SO WHY THEY STOPPED ADDRESSING THIS THING AFTER THAT SECOND OR THIRD EPISODE???? Anything about their past lives would've made a good sub-plot.

Anyways, a second season wouldn't come, atleast in this century. But if it gets one, I'd watch.

6/10.
Aug 25, 2023 12:05 PM
Nov 2019
i like this kind of endings
Sep 23, 2023 12:05 PM

Sep 2021
What an episode, also what an series
Goodnight, Punpun 
Oct 17, 2023 9:02 AM
Feb 2021
holy shit that was a good ride
Dec 17, 2023 2:11 PM
May 2023
No season 2 insight 💔
Feb 14, 6:02 AM
Apr 2023
Grimgar is unlike any other isekai series. The main cast is a group of outcasts who has to rely on one another to survive in this new world. The development of their characters and the teamwork they have to build, despite being strangers who just met, is some of the best writing, for an isekai series. Like Re:Zero, Grimgar is rooted in the reality of transporting to another world and how you don't always get to live the overpowered, harem life that other isekai protagonists live.
Mar 7, 6:39 AM
Apr 2016
I'm really hoping for a season 2 to wrap up the loose ends. Overall, I really enjoyed this anime and art style. Bring on the quiet, introspective main characters like Haruhiro - it's so refreshing. Mary is my favorite thing though about Grimgar because she is first seen as difficult and aloof, but the party keeps trying to know her until they learn about her past. That really struck a chord with me.
Apr 5, 10:45 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to Stark700
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ranta's awesome even in the finale. Loved the way he fearlessly fights against what's in front of him. Glad to see Yume and the others coming to his aid though. I really like how Ranta and Haru fights side by side like bros. Glad to see the party survived in that rough fight, took longer than I had expected.

Action was decent in the finale, seems like the show been keeping its momentum on that. So yeah, the show is over but I was satisfied with it. Not sure what to rate this yet but the artwork with the world fiction was quite an interesting watch. Lol Mary's so cute when she laughs

@Stark700 Totally agree, a kiss between the characters wouldnt hurt anyone hahah

This show lacked bout path and rythim, being the most disadvantage. I still want to know what more areas are, what are the different guilds aiming to, why the monsters, like an NPC game dont try to go away their homes too. I got entertained.

I loved the final episode. Before that Episode i am between 6/10 and 7/10. Also, because the first episodes for me, at least didnt appeal to much.

The anime constantly revolves around the characters' feelings and thoughts, and how they must face adversity (despite perhaps a lack of talent or self-confidence). I really liked seeing the development of the characters, I think it is coherent, although the series focuses too much on it. Could it be because if they went faster, they wouldn't have the budget to shoot more scenes or more fights?

How it is not easy to be a team leader and how it is not easy to assume one role or another. I liked Mary's addition although perhaps her past story could have been presented differently, in any case decent.
BaronLukisApr 5, 10:52 AM
Apr 13, 1:31 AM

Dec 2022
Was left in disbelief when I seen Haruhito somehow taking out Death Spots on his own. Merry's previous party were mostly killed off by it, and even Haruhito's party were forced to run from it for the most part. Suppose that serves to demonstrate how overpowered time slowing abilities and skills are in games.

This anime was downright impressive during the last few episodes, and you grew to appreciate the gradual development of character relationships in the party throughout. This series is carried more by its characters than its (still passable) narrative, but fortunately, said characters are well above average. It's only the earlier episodes bringing it down, with their repetition and lack of direction. It's understandable that these episodes wanted to make a display of the party's lack of experience in an unfamiliar world, they were still retreading old ground even they did begin to pick up experience, so it came across as redundant. The dubiously fitting vocalised insert tracks that were playing for about half the duration of any given episode were also questionable.

I would definitely watch a second season if it ever came around, because I think the story was starting to head in a much more enjoyable direction when it moved on from the goblin farming. Wouldn't mind seeing more of those beautiful night sky views either.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 22, 10:17 AM
Jul 2022
A very good anime! The animations are absolutely stunning and each Character feels super real. One of the best Isekai I've ever watched.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

230 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 12, 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.