Forum Settings
Forums

Voltron: Legendary Defender gets a trailer and it looks rather good.

New
Mar 27, 2016 5:48 AM

Oct 2014
Voltron, once an obscure anime called GoLion is still regarded by many as a cultural icon and there's that kickass theme song that is as memorable as the show itself. The new Netflix series which will be called Voltron: Legendary Defender seems to be heading in the right direction.

Characters look alright and Voltron's design here is definitely better than the one in Voltron Force (show wasn't that great). Don't know much else about how the new show will be like but I grew up watching the original series so I' definitely keeping this on my radar when it gets released in June.

Only thing missing now is the original theme.

There, much better.
Mar 27, 2016 5:59 AM

Jan 2009
wow this looks good, any info when will this be shown? and how many episodes?
Mar 27, 2016 6:01 AM

Oct 2014
j0x said:

First season with 13 episodes premieres on Netflix on June 10th.
Mar 27, 2016 6:02 AM

Jan 2009
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
j0x said:

First season with 13 episodes premieres on Netflix on June 10th.

cool, thanks for those infos
Mar 27, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Not that interested but I haven't seen the original Voltron series since even though I'm an oldschool anime fan I've heard Voltron was one of the more poor mecha series despite being rather iconic.
Mar 27, 2016 6:35 AM

Oct 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
Not that interested but I haven't seen the original Voltron series since even though I'm an oldschool anime fan I've heard Voltron was one of the more poor mecha series despite being rather iconic.

Yeah, it is especially by today's standards. Even in those days, it wasn't that big a hit when it was originally GoLion in Japan. It was only when it got picked up by the West and called Voltron that it even became popular.
Mar 27, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

Yeah, it is especially by today's standards. Even in those days, it wasn't that big a hit when it was originally GoLion in Japan. It was only when it got picked up by the West and called Voltron that it even became popular.

Yeah personally my favorite was probably Toushou Daimos, but I liked Xabungle and Zambot 3 a lot too as well as Votoms but I never finished that one. Macross was great but also cheesy and I think I prefer the movie Do you remember love. Anyway I'll probably watch Voltron at some point but its not high on my list.
Mar 27, 2016 7:35 AM

Aug 2014
I think Studio Mir who did most of the animation for The Legend of Korra are doing this. I remember reading a while ago that they were working on some new animated series with Dreamworks.
Mar 27, 2016 9:38 PM

Jan 2014
It looks good. Netflix has been on fire recently.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 27, 2016 10:50 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah, I remember watching this at my childhood, it was using CG too back then and when I was a kid, everything CG always looks awesome. Anyway, looks good judging from the trailer, if I say so myself.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7801 by DukeLess1 »»
57 minutes ago

» Pick the song you like the most from the 3 users above

tsukareru - May 29

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

81 by Ricchan__ »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3516 by AdamBirch »»
8 hours ago

» Non anime Japanese Movies recommendations

Akuho993 - May 8

10 by GCRyan »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.