Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Short chapter, but very nice made. I really liked the beginning where Tezuka appeared himself haha
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Feb 7, 2017 2:25 PM

Nov 2014
Neat way to start off.
Oct 1, 2020 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Was this the Truck-kun origin story possibly? This time he didn't isekai him, he straight up turned him into a robot.

Jokes aside it was a okay start, I like how the world was established and Astroboy seem like a good mc that fits the role of a strong hero. That said with all the out of place humor and character expressions as well as outrageous reactions I doubt I will like it much (guy created a robot yet it didn't even cross his mind that he cant grow -.-) but lets see.
Dec 5, 2020 12:36 AM

Aug 2012
Read there was some chapter confusion on this forum, so I'm hoping the discussion threads stay accurate. Mostly reading this because I want proper context for Pluto but Astro Boy/Mighty Atom is a vastly important series, so I'm glad to experience it on it's own. This little introductory chapter was alright, I actually rather liked Tezuka's self-insert here, felt like it added a sense of legacy to this. Astro springing his neck up as a way to grow was pretty funny, and there were some depressing moments too. I enjoyed this.
Jan 25, 2022 1:07 AM

Nov 2019
I was finally able to buy this short but historical manga. I never read something from Tezuka before and I think it’s about time to learn one of the roots of one of my greatest passions. The collection published in Italy by Planet Manga is five volumes long and features a selection of the most famous stories, not all of them, but I think it will be more than enough.

What I know is that Tezuka inspired himself from Disney characters and this first chapter gave me actually strong Disney vibes.
PumaZ3TAJan 25, 2022 2:05 AM
Oct 8, 2023 1:04 AM

Aug 2022
Honestly I'm just reading this so I can read Pluto with more context.
Feb 7, 9:22 PM
Jan 2018
Not sure why this idiot Dr. Tenma got mad at Tobio for not growing when it was his own error. Like dude, YOU DESIGNED THE BOY.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 68 Discussion

Terrestrious - Dec 14, 2020

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jan 13, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 67 Discussion

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jan 13, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 66 Discussion

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jan 13, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 65 Discussion

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:16 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 64 Discussion

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.