Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 22, 2016 11:09 PM

Oct 2015
Extremely excited about Jellal being back! Not quite sure what to make of Ultear. Personally, I hope she is able to make a positive impact in this arc and die for real. As much as I love her character and backstory, I think how she went out in GMG was extremely impactful, and I hope that it's just as impactful this time.

I hope Jellal has been training. I used to think he was on par with Laxus, so hopefully he's caught up to Laxus in terms of skill during the time skip. I want to see him soloing a Spriggan, hopefully Invel (since Invel is right near Zeref) but I'm not sure if that's going to happen since he's set on protecting Erza. Next chapter I'm assuming will be focused on Dimaria and probably how Master Mavis wants to deal with the situation.
Feb 23, 2016 12:11 AM
Aug 2015
Crime Sorcerie is here. Now it's a party! Also, when they leave, how long do you think it'll be before we see Jellal and company again? (Seriously, the gaps are so long we can actually get a pool going).
I don't have anything witty or philosophical for my signature, mainly because I can't think of anything.
Feb 23, 2016 12:45 AM
Jun 2014
hmm so i don't mind Ultear being back, just needs a good explanation. Personally I'm wonder where the hell Gildarts is, if a war is going on over the whole continent basically, you would think he would notice. Considering Achnologia is targeting the dragons slayers and based on his location on the map given his closest target would be A unconcious Natsu in bed.

My theory is Achonologia could go after Natsu, which might force Gildarts to get thrown into play, round 2 him vs achno to by time for Natsu maybe.. he might be the one character that actually dies. I just can't see the whole arc go by and no sign, word or tail from Gildarts *Another reason for Gildarts too appear close too the Guild* ~Cana is there~
Feb 23, 2016 12:47 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Next chapter : Jotaro vs Dio - Girls Style

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 23, 2016 1:07 AM

Mar 2009
UlTear is back! YES. Might be only reason for me to watch Fairy Tail anime again. UlTear voice actress <3

I have no idea why people are mad. She didn't die at the end of GMG arc. She just spent her life time on 1 min for everyone. Once time for her fight comes or when She meets Gray we will find out how was She able to restore herself to young age again. It might be something She can only use cause there is Di Maria present on the battlefield. Ultear might be an old lady still, her look is just transformation spell - same She used in Galuna Arc to look like Zalty and mess with Lyon and Natsu.

Good to see Meredy again too. Why would she join Gray, Lyon and Juvia when they fight some fodders instead of reinforce someone else? :/
Why is Gray fighting foot soldiers?

Would be huge trolololo if Jellal, Erza and Kagura will fight Super Simon.
Feb 23, 2016 2:11 AM
Oct 2013
Ruri-san said:

Yes I know about Hiro Mashima didn't want to kill any of his characters if possible but for me Ultear's story was the best character development in Fairy Tail (for a side character). If she returned to the story just like that then it defeat the purpose of her sacrifice during the end of Grand Magic Games arc.

BTW, Ultear didn't actually die at the end of said arc. She's just turned old (or what we believe to think)..

I´m aware that Ultear never died but literally sacrificing years of your life means that she will die eventually in the near future because of her spell.

Like you already pointed out this chapter if it´s confirmed to be permanent diminishes the sacrifice and any of the drama that occured.

It doesn´t remove her character development as her conviction is now "to not kill" where as before it was kill for the sake of achieving your goals. The sad momment though was a fakeout, which is what Hiro Mashima tries to avoid.

In Rave Master Hiro Mashima killed off several "good" characters that were developed and even liked by the fanbase he even managed to make you feel sorry for some villains that were killed. I don´t know why he feels the obligation to just trick the audience when it comes to Fairy Tail but he hinted in many interviews that he doesn´t want to write drama and he also outright stated in a Rave volume that he considers himself to be bad at writing drama and romance.
Feb 23, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2008
"our strongest opponents yet"

what utter bullshit.. it's the same as always, business as usual. Hopefully something exciting happens soon

Bleach & Fairy Tail really need to end soon
Feb 23, 2016 3:13 AM

Jan 2015
SleepnDreamn said:

Would be huge trolololo if Jellal, Erza and Kagura will fight Super Simon.

That would actually be some pretty good drama and a good way of making Kagura stop hating Jellal. But I don't think Simon's gonna show up as an enemy. But then again, Ultear returned all of a sudden...
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Feb 23, 2016 3:53 AM

Oct 2010
sabi-chan said:
uzee said:
I call BS. Ultear becoming young again ruined the whole tragedy of her using up her life for that 1 second. It was one of my favorite chapters and now it's meaningless :(((((

i completely agree. how will Mashima explain this? i mean, she was like 80 years old and seemed having no more magic then and now she's back to her former self? why? Gray even cried for her... and now... oh well :(

but i really liked the rest of this chapter.

"Oh, that old woman you saw? That wasn't her. It was some random old lady. She's perfectly fine." - Mashima

THIS would be a one surefire way to piss off the fanbase.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Feb 23, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2010
Sakubo777 said:
sabi-chan said:

i completely agree. how will Mashima explain this? i mean, she was like 80 years old and seemed having no more magic then and now she's back to her former self? why? Gray even cried for her... and now... oh well :(

but i really liked the rest of this chapter.

"Oh, that old woman you saw? That wasn't her. It was some random old lady. She's perfectly fine." - Mashima

THIS would be a one surefire way to piss off the fanbase.

Oh yeah, that really would piss me off... like an illusion to be this old dude on galuna island or what...
i mean FT has so much asspulls... but THIS is the most annyoing to me together with natsus super magic cancer -.- i can't even think of any satisfying explanation for Ultear coming back normally.
Feb 23, 2016 5:07 AM
Sep 2015
Gemini96 said:
You guys are overlooking the idea why ultear is back.... Dimaria spell "Time Sealing: Age Seal" it locks in someone's age probably . And keep in mind she said it is her own world . Meaning only she has frozen her age in time . Ultear is only able to fight her because she too has her true body trapped in this world. I bet once Dimaria is defeated she will resort back to her original age , which is probably an old lady. I mean it would make sense why she has been around all this time to win many wars/battles .

even if Dimaria sealed Ultear's age, that is so random that she will suddenly appear in the battlefield. She is an old lady. And it's a war.

Maybe a magician healed her. A strong magician.
Feb 23, 2016 5:39 AM

Nov 2015
anthony6425 said:
Extremely excited about Jellal being back! Not quite sure what to make of Ultear. Personally, I hope she is able to make a positive impact in this arc and die for real. As much as I love her character and backstory, I think how she went out in GMG was extremely impactful, and I hope that it's just as impactful this time.

I hope Jellal has been training. I used to think he was on par with Laxus, so hopefully he's caught up to Laxus in terms of skill during the time skip. I want to see him soloing a Spriggan, hopefully Invel (since Invel is right near Zeref) but I'm not sure if that's going to happen since he's set on protecting Erza. Next chapter I'm assuming will be focused on Dimaria and probably how Master Mavis wants to deal with the situation.

Nice fantasy you got there. Invel is Gray's opponent to solo.

Jellal can take on someone else, or better yet, he hopefully gets demolished.

Laxus should always be ahead of a non-important character in Jellal.
Rex_ConnorFeb 23, 2016 5:42 AM
Feb 23, 2016 6:26 AM

Mar 2014
Jesus Christ. Why bring back Ultear? From out of literally nowhere too? Because she gave up part of her lifespan she shouldn't look the way she does. Now what was the whole point at the end of the Grand Magic Games arc? Hopefully he has a good reason for it.
Feb 23, 2016 6:38 AM

Jan 2013
Fuck everyone being mad over ultear coming back; I for one couldn't be happier!

Though i'm slightly biased since she's my favorite character lol.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but ultear is able to disguise her appearance. Remember lullaby arc? Just because she's aged doesn't mean she's lost her magic.
210125Feb 23, 2016 6:55 AM
Feb 23, 2016 9:39 AM
May 2015
Isterio said:
Ruri-san said:

Yes I know about Hiro Mashima didn't want to kill any of his characters if possible but for me Ultear's story was the best character development in Fairy Tail (for a side character). If she returned to the story just like that then it defeat the purpose of her sacrifice during the end of Grand Magic Games arc.

BTW, Ultear didn't actually die at the end of said arc. She's just turned old (or what we believe to think)..

I´m aware that Ultear never died but literally sacrificing years of your life means that she will die eventually in the near future because of her spell.

Like you already pointed out this chapter if it´s confirmed to be permanent diminishes the sacrifice and any of the drama that occured.

It doesn´t remove her character development as her conviction is now "to not kill" where as before it was kill for the sake of achieving your goals. The sad momment though was a fakeout, which is what Hiro Mashima tries to avoid.

In Rave Master Hiro Mashima killed off several "good" characters that were developed and even liked by the fanbase he even managed to make you feel sorry for some villains that were killed. I don´t know why he feels the obligation to just trick the audience when it comes to Fairy Tail but he hinted in many interviews that he doesn´t want to write drama and he also outright stated in a Rave volume that he considers himself to be bad at writing drama and romance.

I honestly don't know why he said that. Hiro is very good at creating drama and romance when he's on his A-game. However he did state he was in a very tough time of his life when he was writing Groove Adventure and it was very evident. Sieghart's sacrifice to this day remains one of the best moments in manga for me and others.

I do agree with your comment. It's more due to the fact he tricks his audience and does the opposite. If he wrote Ultear in a way where we knew she would be later featured in the story but still have her at her old age this wouldn't be a problem. And Hiro might not like it but he's talented at creating a dark and tense atmosphere. Look at Phantom Lord Tower of Heaven and most recently Tartaros.. All arcs that receive praise and some controversy (Erza's torture which was brutal for even battle shonen standards)

It's like he's good at it but doesn't like it however teases the fans to do it because we want him to
Feb 23, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
I've always thought that Mashima had tons of potential it's just that he continually holds himself back. That and the fact he doesn't plan out his entire story. Which is the same for a lot of shonens.

Great at setups
amazing artwork
Good at creating drama and tense atmosphere
Hard and dedicated worker
Geniually loves his job

However the things he's good at he doesn't like it. He stated he wanted FT to be light hearted like a 'fairy tale'. And in interviews you can tell he loves this series. Compared to Rave Master which was more dark tense and more emotional as the series went on. The problem is with Fairy Tail is that he'll created something and when he sees its something that's too dark or over emotional he will backtrack. Causing his fans to get pissed at his 'teasing' however the darker arcs in Fairy Tail are well liked: Tenrou Island Tartarus Tower of Heaven and Phantom Lord(still the best arc imo)
Feb 23, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2012
Why the hell are you people bitching about Ultear's return?
Isn't it fucking glorious. We will be able to see her divine Brazilian-like ass and beautiful 2D boobs? AGAIN!
What the hell is wrong with you people?

This is Fairy Tail were talking about where Asspulls. BS. Or whatever complaints y'all bitching all over is a tradition!

At least, My sunken ship GRAYTEAR HAS RISEN AGAIN. REJOICE! No to Juvia please. She's overrated.
Altaria-chanFeb 23, 2016 10:10 AM
Feb 23, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2010
My favorite pair of boobs and ass besides Juvia's. <3 Welcome back Ultear!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 23, 2016 12:05 PM
Jul 2015
I was saddened when she got old n' shit which gave me hope that some unpredictable plot twists are going to happen in this manga and not everyone has only happy and good endings for them.
OF COURSE FUKKEN NOT!
But FT is so good at making me read it while it sucks ass and I hate it so bad. +3points to that to my rating lelel
Fuzzywuz_zyFeb 23, 2016 12:08 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 23, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2007
No,
No
Fuck you Mashima
Fuck you
No.

1/5

I hope this piece of shit manga ends fast. And that Mashima never writes again. RAVE was clearly one time miracle where he made something good.

Gods I can't wait till Simon comes back out of nowhere to save Erza XDDDD
And then it is revealed that Dragons did not die.

- Also "strongest opponents"? WUT? At this point single demon gate of tartaros most likely could shit on entirety of spriggan cast.
- Why should I feel anything about the supposed danger to Natsu or the hinted sacrifice by Mavis or whatever? EVERYBODY KEEPS COMING BACK. There's literally no reason to care about anything in this story anymore.

Its hilarious how a single story arc can bring down my overall rating ofa manga from solid 7 to 3.
AhenshihaelFeb 23, 2016 4:17 PM
Feb 23, 2016 6:08 PM

Nov 2008
I find it B.S. that people are getting all ticked off about Ultear coming back, but no one lost there shit when
Feb 23, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2012
HollowIchigo58 said:
I find it B.S. that people are getting all ticked off about Ultear coming back, but no one lost there shit when

You should edit Yu Yu Hakusho's name out of the spoiler bracket for clarity. Sure the series is over 20 years old but if you're going to spoiler tag you should do it right.
Feb 23, 2016 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Ultear is back yaaaayy!
Would be hilarious if Simon was alive too haha.
nerfxFeb 23, 2016 11:53 PM
Feb 24, 2016 7:44 AM

Aug 2014
Oh have i missed that ass Ultear..But imma need some answers on her return Hiro.

Good to see Jellal there as well.
Feb 24, 2016 9:07 AM

Nov 2015
Finally crime sorciere joins(now im just waiting for that damn gildarts).Dimaria aint got shit on ultear,hope it explains how she became young again.Kagura did not look happy to see jellal,gonna be interesting to see how that pans out.wish natsu would hurry and wake up,lucy and happy look so sad :(
Feb 24, 2016 8:32 PM
Jun 2011
I don't get why everyone's complaining about Ultear coming back, after all she didn't die, and its only been like a year since the Grand Magic Games happened, so she could easily still be alive

Plus her coming back makes sense, since you know Zeref is having the entire continent invaded, and I find it helps show that everyone on the continent is effected

I just don't get why Hiro didn't make her stay old, seriously would've been cool to see an old lady fight, and Hiro has shown that getting old doesn't stop you from being able to fight, what with Makarov being the key example in Fairy Tail.

And before this chapter I was wondering where Crime Sorciere was in all this, now just waiting to see when the other 5 members are going to show up, especially Cobra/Erik since Acnologia is looking for him along with the other Dragon Slayers.

I'm also starting wonder where the hell Gildarts is in all this, after all if the entire continent is being invaded, then sorry Hiro but this is one arc you can't have him sit out.

Edit: Also her appearing to be young may just be the chapter cliffhanger, so I'm expecting this to be explained next week.
Gamer40000Feb 24, 2016 8:35 PM
Feb 24, 2016 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
Gamer40000 said:
I don't get why everyone's complaining about Ultear coming back, after all she didn't die, and its only been like a year since the Grand Magic Games happened, so she could easily still be alive

Plus I her coming back makes sense, since you know Zeref is having the entire continent invaded, and I find it helps show that everyone on the continent is effected

I just don't get why Hiro didn't make her stay old, seriously would've been cool to see an old lady fight, and Hiro has shown that getting old doesn't stop you from being able to fight, what with Makarov being the key example in Fairy Tail.

And before this chapter I was wondering where Crime Sorciere was in all this, now just waiting to see when the other 5 members are going to show up, especially Cobra/Erik since Acnologia is looking for him along with the other Dragon Slayers.

I'm also starting wonder where the hell Gildarts is in all this, after all if the entire continent is being invaded, then sorry Hiro but this is one arc you can't have him sit out.

We don't know if she's not still old yet.

Remember she was a master of disguise. She could just be masking her looks
Feb 24, 2016 8:52 PM
Jun 2011
shuryukan said:
Gamer40000 said:

Plus I her coming back makes sense, since you know Zeref is having the entire continent invaded, and I find it helps show that everyone on the continent is effected

We don't know if she's not still old yet.

Remember she was a master of disguise. She could just be masking her looks

That's actually a pretty good point, if that is what's she's doing that'd be a great way to call back to her first time appearance in the series.

Also maybe when Natsu finds out Ultear saved Wendy, he finally see her as a real woman
Feb 24, 2016 9:02 PM
Jul 2011
My speculations of why Ultear is brought back.

She still might has unfinished business with Rogue, she might have solutions regarding Rogue's mysterious shadow that turned into the Rogue six years from the future.
At worst, she might think of killing Rogue again.

Gray still might have something inside him that killed Rogue's cat and the reason Rogue made into what it was from the six years from the future in the first place.
Maybe this time she might consider killing Gray to change Rogue's fate?

Since Ultear and Jellal are working together to beat Zeref, E.N.D. that is Etherious Natus Dragneel might stand in their way.
And if these two once learned about E.N.D.'s true identity, will they consider Natsu an enemy?
Gray wants to destroy that book, so working with Ultear to become Natsu's enemy?
Will they still consider of defeating Zeref?

Seriously Natsu was once the master of Tartaros from the very beginning, and now.
Gray is something to be consider as threat currently for some reason.
And Rogue's future, I think it might turn out differently.

The worst thing is that Acnologia and Zeref might spread these "truth" in this middle of chaos to bring heavy despair to everyone.
rladls717Feb 24, 2016 9:41 PM
Feb 25, 2016 5:07 AM

Dec 2015
Gamer40000 said:

Plus her coming back makes sense, since you know Zeref is having the entire continent invaded, and I find it helps show that everyone on the continent is effected

Edit: Also her appearing to be young may just be the chapter cliffhanger, so I'm expecting this to be explained next week.

Im tellin you man, Gildarts is neinhart nyahahahaha......
Feb 25, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2015
I'm so happy that Ultear is back again, because I like her, though I wonder what explanation there will be for her return. Maybe her appearance is just some magic and she is still old.
Feb 25, 2016 7:10 AM

Mar 2015
I knew that ass is Ultear without looking at the next page.

4/5
Feb 25, 2016 10:32 PM

Mar 2014
Altaria-chan said:
At least, My sunken ship GRAYTEAR HAS RISEN AGAIN. REJOICE! No to Juvia please. She's overrated.
On second thought, I like that idea. Maybe it's good she's back.
Feb 26, 2016 3:34 AM

Jan 2015
dinesj21 said:
Altaria-chan said:
On second thought, I like that idea. Maybe it's good she's back.

Poor Juvia, but I also like this ship more. ^^
Feb 26, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
Same, I feel bad for Juvia, but I love me some Graytear.
I would say "At least there's Lyon," but it looks like he may have a new crush.
Feb 27, 2016 1:38 PM

Feb 2012
Aiyen said:
metsujin, just admit you're a blind fanboy/girl who is content with whatever Mashima puts out so people can stop taking your replies seriously.

I was really enjoying all the salty comments about Ultear being back, but this reply really ruined all fun.
Seriously, Gray said it straight not too long ago that she was alive, this "revelation" was completely expected at some point; how can you even call that an asspull?
And the author already did explain how she can look young again; 429 chapters ago to be exact. If you can't even remember what you read and can't even get a simple foreshadow (and I'm not even sure we can call it one, since the author direcly told it without trying to conceal it), how can you insult another user...

And the whole thing will probably end with another troll from the author (maybe also a reference to Jojo), just like that time with the "Natsu vs Gray = Naruto vs Sasuke" buildup... and that time with "Silver = Deliora"... and other multiple times that I can't remember now...
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Feb 28, 2016 11:03 AM

Oct 2015
For The Galuna island arc, it was related to Gray’s past, and Natsu somehow saved him from death twice and guided fairy tail to victory and did like 70% of the fights of this arc
And the next Arc, against Gajeel’s previous guild, it was to related to Lucy, and again Natsu saved her two times and did like 60% of the fights of this arc and even stopped the canon and guild to victory again
For the next Arc, the Heaven Tower, it was related to Erza and again natsu did like 80% of the job and even saved from death twice
the Oracion seis arc I think was kinda related to wendy somehow ? I don’t know but again natsu did like everything again (fought all members of the guild except angel and even beat zero)
don’t forget the arc where Laxus wanted to take over fairy tail, natsu was the only one to stand against him and stopped him (with the little help of gajeel)
Tenjourima arc was a full-out fight against them, he beat the shit out of hades (somehow related to Makarov?) anyway he did like everything and guided them to victory
So we see that natsu resolved Gray, Lucy, Erza, Wendy , Laxus and Makarov’s problems, and now that we arrived at this arc that’s related to Natsu “Zeref and him being END” I do think they’ll do something for him anyway let’s just wait
Sep 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2016
WHAT!? how , why!!?? she was like 80 last time!! how is she?? i thought... did she train? tbh im excited to see her again , been waiting to see when she would return :P
time vs time. (tbh i makes sense dimaria /or wha her name is, uses time magic.) hopefully it will make it into a interesting battle. and Jellal is back :3 lol
wonder how laxus is doing ??
Dead_By_HeartSep 25, 2016 1:48 PM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 6, 2016 6:42 PM

Dec 2015
Everyone is magically coming back, jeez man...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 10, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2014
Ultear is here this manga never fails to amaze me
Aug 15, 2018 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
That woman should be ashamed, the only one who can stop time is Dio-sama!
Lol, Ultear is young again.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.