Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 2, 2016 3:46 PM

Mar 2015
Seems like crunchyroll will air the first episode today.
Jul 2, 2016 5:40 PM

Jan 2014
Time travel interested me, but I can't handle heavy drama right now, so I'm out.
Jul 2, 2016 10:35 PM

Dec 2015
I am going into this with no prior knowledge of the manga, but my expectations are high by the manga score and the summary alone. If they can adapt this well then it should turn out great. Plus it has some time travel aspects to it which is my favorite. As long as they don't rush it like they did with Erased (one of my favorite manga) by skipping out details, character developments/background, and don't use their own original ending unless they can make a better original ending than the manga which I wouldn't know until I read the manga (assuming the manga one is good then I think all will be well). Episode 1 subbed is out now, so I guess its time to start a new journey with this series.
CejaraJul 3, 2016 12:14 AM
Jul 3, 2016 12:24 AM
May 2013
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
largercody said:
Might I ask why you hated it? The only thing I disliked about it was the ending

Keep in mind, I read this series as it came out, since chapter 3. So some of my memory may be fuzzy. With that said, this is going to be a big one...

Naho and Kakeru are flat and 1-dimensional. Naho's only trait was being "super nice and loving everyone" like a good ol' Mary Sue. She was a generic ticket to melodrama. Kakeru was edgy af. Moving on...

Speaking of melodrama, Orange has lots of it. Not sure why everyone bursts into tears every fucking chapter over stuff that we, the audience, have been given no reason to care about. Why everyone has such strong bonds, without giving any reason why. Teenagers. Don't. Act. Like. This. I would know.

Here's my biggest problem: The themes. The message of Orange is: "If you make a mistake... forever grieve over it, and let it drag you down. Get a chance to fix it? Do so immediately. Because mistakes HAVE to ruin your life."

Nuff said

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

Why don't you just say that it is an anime for chicks ? Anyway from what I have read I think that we think alike, so I will just not even begin to watch this shit
Jul 3, 2016 2:34 AM

May 2009
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
largercody said:
Might I ask why you hated it? The only thing I disliked about it was the ending

Keep in mind, I read this series as it came out, since chapter 3. So some of my memory may be fuzzy. With that said, this is going to be a big one...

Naho and Kakeru are flat and 1-dimensional. Naho's only trait was being "super nice and loving everyone" like a good ol' Mary Sue. She was a generic ticket to melodrama. Kakeru was edgy af. Moving on...

Speaking of melodrama, Orange has lots of it. Not sure why everyone bursts into tears every fucking chapter over stuff that we, the audience, have been given no reason to care about. Why everyone has such strong bonds, without giving any reason why. Teenagers. Don't. Act. Like. This. I would know.

Here's my biggest problem: The themes. The message of Orange is: "If you make a mistake... forever grieve over it, and let it drag you down. Get a chance to fix it? Do so immediately. Because mistakes HAVE to ruin your life."

Nuff said

You don't blame the manga for not delivering what YOU want it to give you. I didn't like the manga either and that was it, end of story. Christ, just move on.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jul 3, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2014
EggsOnToast said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:

Nuff said

You don't blame the manga for not delivering what YOU want it to give you. I didn't like the manga either and that was it, end of story. Christ, just move on.

Jesus mate, criticizing something on literal, quantifiable flaws is not "blaming the manga for not giving you what you wanted"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 5:26 PM

May 2009
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
EggsOnToast said:

Jesus mate, criticizing something on literal, quantifiable flaws is not "blaming the manga for not giving you what you wanted"

Someone is delusional here. Doesn't sound like criticism to me. You said you hated it and that isn't criticism. Melodrama isn't a literal quantifiable flaw as you put it. It's merely exaggerated drama and that isn't the message the author is trying to relay. You're just putting your words into her mouth to suit your disdain for it.

συκεροκυ™

Jul 3, 2016 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
EggsOnToast said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:

Someone is delusional here. Doesn't sound like criticism to me. You said you hated it and that isn't criticism. Melodrama isn't a literal quantifiable flaw as you put it. It's merely exaggerated drama and that isn't the message the author is trying to relay. You're just putting your words into her mouth to suit your disdain for it.

I know critical thinking is hard for filthy casuals, but just try your best to use your brain and not your eyes when judging something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2009
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
EggsOnToast said:

I know critical thinking is hard for filthy casuals, but just try your best to use your brain and not your eyes when judging something

Getting defensive about your opinion isn't going to work you know. Oh I do really I don't use irrational points and generalised 'criticism' that hold no meaning at all when I critique a piece unlike some people. Does saying a character is generic hold any significance? I guess not. A critical thinker addresses both positive and negative points and weighs them while making an impartial judgment, similar to a verdict per say and by your logic as a literal quantifiable 'critic', that's fairly one sided don't you think?

συκεροκυ™

Jul 3, 2016 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
Well, I just read the manga in one go (finished the last chapter literally minutes ago). And yes, I am in tears and not ashamed.

Concerning my expectations for the anime adaptions: if they pull it off the right way and are able to capture the vibe of the manga than this will become one of the top anime romances. The first episode was able to pique my interest in the story and encouraged me to read the manga. So for me the anime already served it's purpose.

I read some posts saying this is just another generic time travel romance. That may be true. But I'm a sucker for melodrama and love tearjerkers. So count me in!
Jul 3, 2016 5:41 PM

Mar 2014
EggsOnToast said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:

Getting defensive about your opinion isn't going to work you know. Oh I do really I don't use irrational points and generalised 'criticism' that hold no meaning at all when I critique a piece unlike some people. Does saying a character is generic hold any significance? I guess not. A critical thinker addresses both positive and negative points and weighs them while making an impartial judgment, similar to a verdict per say and by your logic as a literal quantifiable 'critic', that's fairly one sided don't you think?

Impartial? That doesn't exist. There is no true objective quantification of art. I merely stated why I did not remotely enjoy my time with Orange. I do not believe that, from my stand point, Orange has any positive qualities. There is nothing that I can observe as a positive in that manga. One who claims to be impartial just has an inflated ego
Jul 3, 2016 5:44 PM
Sep 2013
Ugh, base on the summary on the wiki page, this seems like one of those stories that would make me want to choke all the characters to death. Take the main character: she grew up, married a guy who really cares for her, and have some kids but she can never be "happy" just cuz she rather be with some guy who killed himself when they were teens? Ugh, get over yourself and grow up you selfish cunt. Jesus christ, those poor kids of hers.
MrNTRJul 3, 2016 5:49 PM
Jul 3, 2016 5:50 PM

May 2009
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
EggsOnToast said:

Impartial? That doesn't exist. There is no true objective quantification of art. I merely stated why I did not remotely enjoy my time with Orange. I do not believe that, from my stand point, Orange has any positive qualities. There is nothing that I can observe as a positive in that manga. One who claims to be impartial just has an inflated ego

Impartial doesn't equal objective. It means not taking sides. Forgive me I forgot to add to try to be impartial as possible. Reviews are always subjective. Okay you didn't like it I know. I didn't too. Did you think about the pacing, the mechanical processes, nuances and direction of the plot? That's something to think about as one who claims to be a critic. Funny individual you are, being very assuming. How does a person who tries to weigh both positives and negatives have an inflated ego? I don't get it. Some people like to review things this way. We can't do anything about it you know? Perhaps we are an inferior species in your eyes. Thank you for exposing me as a brainless filthy casual. I feel totally exposed now.
SadistJul 3, 2016 6:45 PM

συκεροκυ™

Jul 3, 2016 5:52 PM

Mar 2015
MrNTR said:
Ugh, base on the summary on the wiki page, this seems like one of those stories that would make me want to choke all the characters to death. Take the main character: she grew up, married a guy who really cares for her, and have some kids but she can never be "happy" just cuz she rather be with some guy who killed himself when they were teens? Ugh, get over yourself and grow up you selfish cunt. Jesus christ, those poor kids of hers.

This is quite a simplification of the story. She is actually a good mother and loves her husband. The motif of this show is 'regret'. All characters have certain unsolved issues. But this doesn't paralyze them. One has also take the different timelines into consideration.
Jul 3, 2016 7:17 PM

Mar 2014
EggsOnToast said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:

Impartial doesn't equal objective. It means not taking sides. Forgive me I forgot to add to try to be impartial as possible. Reviews are always subjective. Okay you didn't like it I know. I didn't too. Did you think about the pacing, the mechanical processes, nuances and direction of the plot? That's something to think about as one who claims to be a critic. Funny individual you are, being very assuming. How does a person who tries to weigh both positives and negatives have an inflated ego? I don't get it. Some people like to review things this way. We can't do anything about it you know? Perhaps we are an inferior species in your eyes. Thank you for exposing me as a brainless filthy casual. I feel totally exposed now.

I didn't claim to be a critic. Though of course I thought about the pacing and nuances, though "mechanical processes" makes little sense to me in this context, though this may be a language issue. Someone who claims to be objective has an inflated ego, not people who weigh everything equally, though I'd disagree with that too, but that's a whole other discussion. Making fun of me directly isn't something that I tend to respect in an argument. Check my bio, "filthy casual" is an obvious joke. Text isn't the preferred medium for my lingo, I guess
Jul 3, 2016 7:34 PM

May 2009
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
EggsOnToast said:

I didn't claim to be a critic. Though of course I thought about the pacing and nuances, though "mechanical processes" makes little sense to me in this context, though this may be a language issue. Someone who claims to be objective has an inflated ego, not people who weigh everything equally, though I'd disagree with that too, but that's a whole other discussion. Making fun of me directly isn't something that I tend to respect in an argument. Check my bio, "filthy casual" is an obvious joke. Text isn't the preferred medium for my lingo, I guess

I too was rather assuming and I apologise for that. I was not making fun of you; or were you referring to people in general? Can you clarify this for me? I was being sarcastic and being playful, though perhaps I went a little overboard. I am aware of the filthy casual joke. Don't worry it is difficult to detect sarcasm online, I share similar sentiments. On a side note, Is English your second language?

συκεροκυ™

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.