Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2016 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
Religion shouldn't get any special privileges.
If you don't like it, fucking move somewhere that supports your religion and all the privileges you scream for.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 17, 2016 8:56 AM

Mar 2008
@Spooks
That can happen because the only main qualification for legal status is number of members but sometimes other conditions are required.

Actually many religions have a lot of in common anyway. Even really obscure ones.

You contradicted yourself. You said people in a religion should be free to follow it. Yet you are willing to deny people freedom of non recognized religions. Also I forgot to mention this but it would even deny people of mixed faiths. There are plenty of people with beliefs that are a mix of major religions for example being children of interfaith marriages and practising both religions but they can only check one with how things currently are.
Feb 17, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
traed said:

You contradicted yourself. You said people in a religion should be free to follow it. Yet you are willing to deny people freedom of non recognized religions.

I merely explained why most governments only give those rules to recognized religions
Feb 17, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2008
@Spooks alright but for the same reasons you can give the same rights to everyone. Otherwise it's segregation.
Feb 17, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2014
Clebardman said:
Grey-Zone said:

Someone got triggered? Well w/e, it was a "side-dish" joke and I posted it before my actual reply was edited in. Blame my tendency to post my first thoughts before editing in the more elaborate parts on that.

i'm not triggered, 95% of your posts are just totally irrelevant MRA rambling that tries to look clever and sarcastic. it's annoying.

I am just speaking the truth. Also I have literally nothing to do MRA, escpacially considering the fact that I don't think that men need any "rights", but rather think the completely irrational "special privileges of minorities" that are not existing for any rational reasons, but instead for pseudo-morality reasons, should be eradicated. And I am against PC culture in general, not just the so-called "third wave feminists", so I obviously try to point out the lack of rationality in movements that try to control people by using fallacies and solely appealing on the emotions of people in a manipulative way.
But go ahead with your projections that I am part of some "movement" that really only exists to counter another movement(s) and has no real other legitimacy to exist otherwise, no one stops you.

Also I can say it as much as I want. Since people are "selective" of what they don't want to be endlessly repeated, I feel no obligation to change my behaviour. Well, I would perhaps do so once a mod thinks it's too much, that's their job after all. But until then I don't feel the obligation to comply with any such backseat modding.

And yes, even though I used it as more or less a joke, it was absolutely on-topic, because it DOES have to do with the issue of PC culture. Special rights for certain religions is simply based on the fear of being called "intolerant" by those media who just love to smear someone's reputation by taking advantage of such a pseudo-morality.
Why does such a ridiculous thing work? Because of the same thing you just used on me: PROJECTION.
Someone does something and instead of actually trying to think of a reason why that person acted like that, instead we use the worst-case scenario that makes it as sensationalistic as possible. Something escpacially liked by the media so they can get more attention-grabbing headlines.

To be fair though in the past the minorities were considered to be the villains. They were painted in the worst possible way because that was a very popular opinion back then, like "it's always the blacks' fault" and other such mentalities. Of course I also consider that as not only immoral but also irrational as those are tendencies turned into absolute generalizations.

Someone who says "black people in the US tend to be more often criminal than white people" is describing a tendency and that is perhaps based on observations and statistics, so it's not a racist thing to do by itself. However using such tendencies as a basis to discriminate against black people in general is racist, because it turns mere tendencies into absolutes although there is no basis for this absolute view, so normally such an attitude can be seen as "hateful" and "discriminatory", i.e. such a person IS a racist who purely hates people based on their skin color.

Now what PC culture does is turning the people who are ONLY talking about tendencies in a rational way, and do not create any generlisations based on that, into villains. But that was only the start. By now any people who are part of an "established" group who talk about any "less established" group, have to fear consequences of being accused of some kind of "irrational hate" against the less established group if they just say one word that may "offend" the other party.

And that is the reason why certain groups of people gets such irrational privileges that completely ignore the established rules. Simply the fear of being turned into symbol of "irrational hate", although you are not like that at all and only want to preserve the established rules. It's extremely ridiculous and the reason for that should be evident. To quote such a very situation:
-Senpai- said:
This reminds me something that happened a few weeks ago here in México...this Sikh guy wasn't allowed to take an international flight from México City to New York because he couldn't take his turban off according to his religion. Well, the airport security officers didn't give a fuck, they return him his money and banned him from using that airline again.

He make a big fuss in twitter and eventually AeroMéxico (the airline) made an public apology.

My country is kinda shady, still I love the food here...

But it's scary that some people see it as something almost completely normal. I mean if you think about it, it becomes evident that some people would sooner or later start exploiting it. Just look at that other thread where some child rapist in the UK wanted to play the racist card in self defense... good thing we are not at the point of no return yet though, as that case has clearly shown.

If you disagree then feel free to provide your own reason for why certain groups of people get a free pass for doing something like that while others don't and also explain why the people in charge go along with it.

I know some people may bring up that I have turned this into a PC culture thread or something like that, but I was only trying to get to the root of the problem. I myself would actually like to see if people have different explanations, as I welcome anything that could broaden my horizons...

...and sorry for this wall of text.
Grey-ZoneFeb 17, 2016 9:57 AM
Feb 17, 2016 9:51 AM
Jun 2013
In India There is no Uniform Civil Code .

Muslims have their Personal Law board .
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

36 by Crawlie »»
27 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
29 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.