Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
May 8, 2016 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 21128
The Spanish distributor (Selecta Vision) for the DVD/Blu-ray for AoT has confirmed that Season 2 won't air in 2016.
Kodansha told them and they just confirmed now on a manga convention (Saló del Comic 2016)
https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/729317059134369794
The interview will be posted sometime this week.
 
May 8, 2016 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1
A lot of people told me that it's gonna be released in June 2016... it would be fantastic, it's just one month left!
 
May 8, 2016 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 627
ichii_1 said:
The Spanish distributor (Selecta Vision) for the DVD/Blu-ray for AoT has confirmed that Season 2 won't air in 2016.


No way ;_;
it better be longer than 2-cour if this is true
 
May 8, 2016 12:20 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 4492
@ichii_1
No plz .....i was waiting for long time
pfffffff
 
May 8, 2016 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 207
So it will be in one year?
 
May 8, 2016 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 395
ichii_1 said:
The Spanish distributor (Selecta Vision) for the DVD/Blu-ray for AoT has confirmed that Season 2 won't air in 2016.
Kodansha told them and they just confirmed now on a manga convention (Saló del Comic 2016)
https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/729317059134369794
The interview will be posted sometime this week.

Someone please tell me this is fake...
 
May 8, 2016 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6698
ichii_1 said:
The Spanish distributor (Selecta Vision) for the DVD/Blu-ray for AoT has confirmed that Season 2 won't air in 2016.
Kodansha told them and they just confirmed now on a manga convention (Saló del Comic 2016)
https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/729317059134369794
The interview will be posted sometime this week.

@keragamming Told you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 8, 2016 1:07 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 618
ichii_1 said:
The Spanish distributor (Selecta Vision) for the DVD/Blu-ray for AoT has confirmed that Season 2 won't air in 2016.
Kodansha told them and they just confirmed now on a manga convention (Saló del Comic 2016)
https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/729317059134369794
The interview will be posted sometime this week.


sounds fishy honestly said.... dunno why some spanish shizzle would have such info befor anyone else....
 
May 8, 2016 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3482
I still believe in a 2016 release date. Like, pretty please.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
May 8, 2016 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8890
Z4k said:
ichii_1 said:
The Spanish distributor (Selecta Vision) for the DVD/Blu-ray for AoT has confirmed that Season 2 won't air in 2016.
Kodansha told them and they just confirmed now on a manga convention (Saló del Comic 2016)
https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/729317059134369794
The interview will be posted sometime this week.

@keragamming Told you.


Yea, no. I'll wait until I get source from wit studio themself.
 
May 8, 2016 2:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
I don't believed. It will come out fall
 
May 8, 2016 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73
Leonhardt01 said:
A lot of people told me that it's gonna be released in June 2016... it would be fantastic, it's just one month left!


That's practically impossible. Even if it was going to be released on Summer season, it would probably start on July, and on that case we would have already an airing date as well as trailers and some visuals. The most likely outcome will have the second season airing on Fall, with an announcement coming probably on June-July. I believe there's also a huge SNK Event in July on Japan so that will be probably a great opportunity to show something.

"A lot of people told me" is what's behind every rumor of fake release dates for this show, it's been happening for 3 years and it will keep happening. Every week someone invents a date, with obviously no source or proof to show, posts it on tumblr, and everyone goes crazy reblogging it and spreading it and telling others in other places. Like you just did I guess xD.

ichii_1 said:
The Spanish distributor (Selecta Vision) for the DVD/Blu-ray for AoT has confirmed that Season 2 won't air in 2016.
Kodansha told them and they just confirmed now on a manga convention (Saló del Comic 2016)
https://twitter.com/Misiontokyo/status/729317059134369794
The interview will be posted sometime this week.


This isn't even Selecta Vision. It's someone from a magazine about manga (Mision Tokyo), that went to a convention, and talked with "someone" from Selecta Vision on a panel that supposedly told them the second season won't air this year, and then this magazine person went and post it on twitter. There hasn't even been a public statement from the licensor itself. It could be right? Yes I guess it could be, like many other things, but at this point the only thing we have is the word of some random guy from a spanish magazine making an statement in twitter without any proof. That for me equals to nothing.

Even if there is an interview released later, where someone from Selecta efectively says "Kodansha told us there's no AOT S2 this year", I wouldn't even trust that statment either. First, I seriously doubt even Selecta Vision has any idea of when the season will air or if they even get told something like this beforehand. They are only a licensor and not really an important one to be honest. There is no point on Kodansha talking to them, like they said, and telling them something like this as early as May. And if there was true, what a terrible and unproffessional move from these licensor company releasing such information even before the Japanese do it.

As I said, of course it could be right, but I really doubt it, and I really won't believe anything anyone says unless it comes directly from Kodansha, WIT Studio, or Hajime Isayama himself (probably through his editor) on an official statement and with a proper and legit source.
 
May 8, 2016 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73
After being requested by a lot of people to show sources, Mision Tokyo has released now an article saying that they are the first ones on giving these news in exclusive and they have added a small part of the audio interview with Manu Guerrero from Selecta Vision.

Here is the article: http://misiontokyo.com/noticias/exclusiva-la-2a-temporada-de-ataque-a-los-titanes-no-se-estrenara-en-2016

Since I assume many don't know spanish I did a small translation of the audio, apologies if it's a bit messy:


Interviewer: And, with Attack on Titan, the second season also...
Manu Guerrero: Well Kodansha, Kodansha has confirmed to us that it won't be on this 2016 and it will be looking into 2017.
I: Ohhhhhh
M.G.: We expect it to be, of course, the ones that we wait eagerly for attack on titan we expect for it to be on January 2017, being at the same time as the new anime season in Japan. We hope it will be like that.
I: Ah, everyone thought it would be on October, from this year.
M.G.: Many people thought it would be on October this year but as you know the announcements for the new seasons are being done already, and previous to the announcements there would have been released character designs, the studio would have done some kind of, lets say, statement, or spots would have been released, trailers... and if by this date there's nothing... that means it's not going to be for the October season.


Well lol... so he directly says Kodansha has confirmed it to them. And they are saying this before the Japanese do, which I think it's not going to make them look good at all.

But on the other hand he justifies it saying it can't be in October because of the lack of announcements or any visuals, trailers, etc. I think there's still time for that but now I worry why does he have to justify it with any of this with those reasons if he has a official confirmation?

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. But this is spreading and if this is true Kodansha should say something about it.
Modified by Naniwa88, May 8, 2016 3:58 PM
 
May 8, 2016 5:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8890
@Naniwa88

Not much anime has even been announced for the fall season yet. June/July is when most fall series gets announced. So yeah, that point he made doesn't make much sense. This could be true but for now, I wont believe it. Anime news network nor Crunchyroll hasn't even made a article about this, which put more doubts in my mind.

Modified by keragamming, May 8, 2016 5:19 PM
 
May 8, 2016 5:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4146
Well god dammit!!!
 
May 8, 2016 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1706
I've held off reading past the point where the anime ended since I preferred the anime by a long shot....but I'm getting impatient- I want to know what's in the fucking basement already!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 8, 2016 6:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73
keragamming said:
@Naniwa88

Not much anime has even been announced for the fall season yet. June/July is when most fall series gets announced. So yeah, that point he made doesn't make much sense. This could be true but for now, I wont believe it. Anime news network nor Crunchyroll hasn't even made a article about this, which put more doubts in my mind.



Yes indeed, there's still time. I looked for more info about the event on July I was talking about before. If season 2 is happening in October then I'm sure they will show something on this event, since it will host many of the voice actors and even Linked Horizon. It would be a good opportunity for them to talk about season 2 and hype people.


New information has been released on the Shingeki Matsuri (festival), a super-huge event organized at the Tokyo International Forum Hall A on July 3 2016 related to the critically acclaimed TV anime Attack on Titan: Junior High.

The released Shingeki Matsuri logo contains the text Attack on Titan: Junior High x Attack on Titan Shingeki Matsuri Reading & Live Event and rumor has it that the event will include elements from both Attack on Titan and Attack on Titan: Junior High.

Details are expected to be released shortly. However, guessing from the keyword “Reading & Live”, it seems that this will be a special event where the wonderful cast will give us a genuine and unique experience.

There are high hopes regarding the long awaited 2nd Attack on Titan TV series. What sort of an event will it be? We’ll keep track of it!

In addition to the previously announced participating cast, Linked Horizon is also set to join the fray!

[...]

Cast:Yuuki Kaji, Yui Ishikawa, Marina Inoue, Yū Kobayashi, Hiro Shimono, Tomohisa Hashizume, Hiroshi Kamiya, Linked Horizon amongst others (scheduled)
.

(Source: http://www.pashplus.jp/en/event/anime/774/)

Modified by Naniwa88, May 8, 2016 6:21 PM
 
May 8, 2016 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2554
It'd be amazing and convenient if it were to be released during sometime this summer, like a lot of rumors have said.
 
May 9, 2016 5:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 226
Well...SHIT! Season 2 will release on 2017. Fuck.
 
May 9, 2016 10:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 508
Not sure why people still expected 2016 release, Kabaneri is on tight schedule as expected from WIT so fall release would have been a suicide.
 
May 9, 2016 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6698
Pretty sure it'll be announced for spring 2017 at this rate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 9, 2016 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8890
Z4k said:
Pretty sure it'll be announced for spring 2017 at this rate.


how about you wait for confirmation before jumping to conclusion?
 
May 9, 2016 11:34 AM

Online
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 618
Dab1za9 said:
Not sure why people still expected 2016 release, Kabaneri is on tight schedule as expected from WIT so fall release would have been a suicide.


Not really they even got an additional week due that earthquake and also 2016 fall is still quite possible as it was mentioned they will have a big event at July 3rd so its very likely that they will provide more info on AoT then cuz so far all what they said is that they are already working on the project they just dont give any dates out and also fall is the time when normaly animes come out that will have 24ep~
 
May 9, 2016 12:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 508
BlackPoint said:
Dab1za9 said:
Not sure why people still expected 2016 release, Kabaneri is on tight schedule as expected from WIT so fall release would have been a suicide.


Not really they even got an additional week due that earthquake and also 2016 fall is still quite possible as it was mentioned they will have a big event at July 3rd so its very likely that they will provide more info on AoT then cuz so far all what they said is that they are already working on the project they just dont give any dates out and also fall is the time when normaly animes come out that will have 24ep~


not when they were producing Episode 2 in Fep! and outsourcing stuff to wanpack
http://wanpack.main.jp/archives/category/rireki

one week wont really matter much and If AoT is in fall then expect stills and zero character animation.
 
May 9, 2016 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73
Dab1za9 said:
BlackPoint said:


Not really they even got an additional week due that earthquake and also 2016 fall is still quite possible as it was mentioned they will have a big event at July 3rd so its very likely that they will provide more info on AoT then cuz so far all what they said is that they are already working on the project they just dont give any dates out and also fall is the time when normaly animes come out that will have 24ep~


not when they were producing Episode 2 in Fep! and outsourcing stuff to wanpack
http://wanpack.main.jp/archives/category/rireki

one week wont really matter much and If AoT is in fall then expect stills and zero character animation.


People expected 2016 because the last official word from them was it would be released on 2016, is as simple as that. Last interview was in March and they said they were working on it actively and even gave some comments on how hard had been to work on this or that scene, and never spoke of a delay, so why would we expect it to be in 2017?

I believe they know more than anyone what they can and cannot do, what resources and team are using on Kabaneri and what are dedicating on working full time on AoT, and how much work they can take more than anyone from outside could speculate.

They aren't just going to start working on AoT after Kabaneri ends, Season 2 has been in production for years now and they do have people working only on AoT all the time even when Kabaneri is being done too.
 
May 9, 2016 1:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 508
Naniwa88 said:

I believe they know more than anyone what they can and cannot do, what resources and team are using on Kabaneri and what are dedicating on working full time on AoT, and how much work they can take more than anyone from outside could speculate.


Not WIT lmao i mean Aot first seaosn, Owari no serpah, Rolling☆Girls all had production problems and they wont be producing SnK and Kabaneri together because it is the same director unless he decided to not sleep for this year and WIT only have 34 employee not enough to handle two shows(they cant even handle one heavy action shows ) Kabaneri EP 4 had 2CAD,5 AD and countless KA it is already a mess.
 
May 9, 2016 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3734
This is retarded. AoT is one of their most popular shows. They've had over 3 god damn years to make this. And if they're not going to release it in 2016, wouldn't common decency dictate that they, idk, tell their fans?

 
May 9, 2016 3:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 22
Guys, don't believe any of these random sources from people who aren't directly affiliated with Wit Studio, Hajime Isayama or Tetsuro Araki.
The last word given by them was that the second season will be released sometime in the latter half of 2016. The whole news of it being "delayed" is a lie because did any of those articles give sources? No. They didn't. Have AnimeNewsNetwork or Crunchyroll done an article on it? No, they haven't either.

Your best bet is that as soon as Koutetsujou no Kabaneri ends, Attack on Titan will come in the following season. If it's going to be a 12/13 episode series, then AoT Season 2 may come in July, and if it's a 24/25 episode series, then it may come in October. We still haven't been told by Wit Studio how long its going to be, so it's all still a mystery.

So yeah, don't believe these guys who link you to bullshit interviews and stuff that hasn't been confirmed by the people from Wit Studio. As far as anyone's concerned, Attack on Titan Season Two is still in production and hasn't been delayed.

Have a nice day.
 
May 10, 2016 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73
Dab1za9 said:
Naniwa88 said:

I believe they know more than anyone what they can and cannot do, what resources and team are using on Kabaneri and what are dedicating on working full time on AoT, and how much work they can take more than anyone from outside could speculate.


Not WIT lmao i mean Aot first seaosn, Owari no serpah, Rolling☆Girls all had production problems and they wont be producing SnK and Kabaneri together because it is the same director unless he decided to not sleep for this year and WIT only have 34 employee not enough to handle two shows(they cant even handle one heavy action shows ) Kabaneri EP 4 had 2CAD,5 AD and countless KA it is already a mess.


The fact that they had issues in the past does not mean they will have issues on every single one anime they do in the future. And yes they have been working on both at same time, both have been in production for a long time and there's statements from the team saying they were working on AoT and that they were working on Kabaneri too. The director itself said this on an interview just before spring season:

Araki: As I get through Koutejetsujou no Kabaneri‘s production, I’m also continuing my work on the second season of Shingeki no Kyojin, so I have had many discussions with Isayama-sensei.

So I guess (or I hope) he indeed is sleeping :D.

Well my point is, it wasn't "obvious for sure" S2 was going to be in 2017. (We don't even know if it's not going to be in 2016 yet). All the information officially released as of now and any hints they have given lead to believe a 2016 release was and is still possible. The rest of it are only wild speculations.


Tomorix said:

So yeah, don't believe these guys who link you to bullshit interviews and stuff that hasn't been confirmed by the people from Wit Studio.


We aren't linking stuff so people "believes it", we are simply sharing information that has been made public on the internet by a legit magazine (which later has provided an audio source from an interview with a legit licensor), so we can discuss about it. If that it's true or not, we don't know yet since Japan hasn't spoken, but people can choose to believe whatever they want for themselves, we are only sharing the facts.

Actually, if you read any of the posts in here you will see that along with the links we have stated that since there's no official confirmation we can only classify this as a rumor. Personally I have translated it so people can understand it but I also said I'm very skeptical about it. I won't believe anything until Kodansha/WIT/Isayama make an official statement. But I do enjoy discussing and speculating about it.

It's not even the fault of the magazine that posted the "bullshit" interview, who is only reporting what they got as an answer when asking for AoT on a panel. After being requested they indeed quickly provided the audio source. I don't think it's fair to place any blame on them. They are just doing their jobs and transmiting what they were told.

The real issue here and the thing most of us were wondering is WHY someone legit from a licensor company would drop such a bomb and release this information to the media. If it's not true, and it's only his own speculation, why would he just say Kodansha confirmed it to him (he literally said that), does he want to ruin his reputation?. I've seen his statement all around the internet by now, it's not something that was going to stay hidden on that small spanish magazine. And if it's true, why on earth did he say such a thing when it's obviously not his place to do so. On any case, I can see how the guy could get in trouble, it wouldn't be weird if the japanese wouldn't want to share any kind of information anymore or do bussiness with him at all, if he shows such unproffessional behavior.
Modified by Naniwa88, May 10, 2016 1:17 AM
 
May 10, 2016 8:35 AM
 
May 10, 2016 4:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 10881
No season 2 until 2017....
 
May 10, 2016 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10017
lucjan said:
This is retarded. AoT is one of their most popular shows. They've had over 3 god damn years to make this. And if they're not going to release it in 2016, wouldn't common decency dictate that they, idk, tell their fans?
That's one the many things that make me doubt the info supposedly leaked by Selecta Vision. It's hard to believe that they would spill such an important info without permission and risk deteriorationg their relationship with Kodansha, and even harder to believe WIT/Kodansha wouldn't make a single annoucement about a possible delay if they really had nothing to show for this year.
So yeah, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I'll wait until further information or in the best case scenario, an official confirmation from Japan is released.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
May 10, 2016 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 75
I'm sure Kodansha is waiting for the end of the manga before they release the new anime season.
It's obvious that they will wait until 2017, once the manga is finished or at least extremely close to the very end.
So yeah, forget the idea that the new season is coming out this year.
 
May 10, 2016 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10017
Vleyznix said:
I'm sure Kodansha is waiting for the end of the manga before they release the new anime season.
It's obvious that they will wait until 2017, once the manga is finished
The manga won't finish in 2017, bruh. We still have 20-30 chapters to go, so pretty much 2-3 years.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
May 10, 2016 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73


This is basically the same we have been talking here. It takes the same article and same information that was posted on this page and even same arguments we have been discussing. It justifies why is legit giving the same reasons the magazine gives on their own article (we gave this legit announcement once, believe us!). It goes again with the lack of trailers or visuals which is the argument the licensor uses to justify it won't come in Fall.

This honestly changes nothing, it is still someone just saying again what we already knew with the same source. For me is still a rumor until a confirmation comes from Japan.
 
May 10, 2016 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 605
This video just came out and it pretty much answers all of the speculations surrounding the false Attack On Titian season 2 release date. Relating to AOT, he tells us exactly why all of the information is fake based on it's source.
 
May 10, 2016 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2265
Well, the Japanese release of BD/DVD of S1 hit the market after the recap episode, which was about 4 months after Shingeki aired on April, 8-th, 2013.

I mean, there's a chance Selecta Vision got the answer that concerns distribution of BD/DVDs, and the international one to boot. The airing date of S2 might have nothing to do with those guys' business, on the contrary, I can see why the Japanese side keeps it quiet.

If SV have indeed requested the simulcast rights, it will suck to be them, if the simulcast is already bargained with Crunchyroll (Spain) or as in Kabaneri's case, testing the model with Amazon Prime.

(Sorry, don't know who these Spanish guys are and how they do business, but the interview sounds off - it's not even an interview. Presumably, other international distributors should have mentioned something similar to SV. Either the journalist got it wrong from them or they are talking too soon).

That being said, 3 months "delay" aren't the end of the world, especially if more content eventually gets animated. Also, Kabaneri has nothing to do with the production of SnK S2. Out of the previous interviews I've read translated, Isayama and Araki hinted the work on S2 has been in progress these years. I am pretty sure manga readers understand why.
 
May 15, 2016 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8890
Z4k said:
Pretty sure it'll be announced for spring 2017 at this rate.


I'll like to make a few points to you. Since maybe you forgot how production works and also things we already know aboit snk s2.

1. No or most studio don't make all the episodes before airing a anime, they usually make the first three or so episode and continue making episode on a weekly basis just like recent series like Kabaneri and opm.

2. The first episode of snk took 6 month to make while the other episodes took about a week or more. Pretty sure the first episode of snk season 2 wont take so long since the first time is always the hardest, but since it's the same staff I don't expect the first episode for S2 to take so long like S1.

3. We know for a fact that snk season 2 has been in production atleast since March the latest since Wada said that during the Kababeri press conference. This is a guess but I'm pretty sure they've atleast finish producing 2 or three episodes atleast.

TLDR Wit will probably make the first 3 episodes and continue to make episodes while its airing just like every other studio. basically with these points I dont see why you think it's impossible for season 2 to air in 2016. Or you can explain to me why you think spring 2017 is the esrliest Snk S2 will air?

Also the fact that Wada said snk season 2 is being work on right now during Wit studio press conference in March pretty much confirm they're working on snk S2 and kabaneri at the same time, even though a lot of people say its impossible for wit studio to work on two series at the same time, unless snk s2 is being worked by a different staff, but a lot of people said wit studio staff is small so I don't know.
Modified by keragamming, May 15, 2016 7:29 PM
 
May 16, 2016 1:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 159
Ooh... @keragamming ... your posts always make my hopes high, I really hope that you're right. bless you
マジ 殴り
 
May 16, 2016 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1713
keragamming said:
Z4k said:
Pretty sure it'll be announced for spring 2017 at this rate.


I'll like to make a few points to you. Since maybe you forgot how production works and also things we already know aboit snk s2.

1. No or most studio don't make all the episodes before airing a anime, they usually make the first three or so episode and continue making episode on a weekly basis just like recent series like Kabaneri and opm.

2. The first episode of snk took 6 month to make while the other episodes took about a week or more. Pretty sure the first episode of snk season 2 wont take so long since the first time is always the hardest, but since it's the same staff I don't expect the first episode for S2 to take so long like S1.

3. We know for a fact that snk season 2 has been in production atleast since March the latest since Wada said that during the Kababeri press conference. This is a guess but I'm pretty sure they've atleast finish producing 2 or three episodes atleast.

TLDR Wit will probably make the first 3 episodes and continue to make episodes while its airing just like every other studio. basically with these points I dont see why you think it's impossible for season 2 to air in 2016. Or you can explain to me why you think spring 2017 is the esrliest Snk S2 will air?

Also the fact that Wada said snk season 2 is being work on right now during Wit studio press conference in March pretty much confirm they're working on snk S2 and kabaneri at the same time, even though a lot of people say its impossible for wit studio to work on two series at the same time, unless snk s2 is being worked by a different staff, but a lot of people said wit studio staff is small so I don't know.


What was officially told is that Wit Studio has 2.5 production teams. So I assume 2 teams working at the same time and a semi-team that or helps the others or starts doing things.

About the production of the episodes, not to remove your point, but is not like the 1st episode takes more to do than the rest of the others. The thing is that the animation production works like a factory pipeline. This means that different parts of different episodes are being made at the same time. So when those 3 episodes are complete just before the airing day, is not like nothing of the other episodes was worked on, but has already a good percentage made. I would say that a good production schedule is for at least 50% of each episode to be made in that time. So if assumed that they take 6 months for each episode, the last episode, will be finished by exactly the its airing.
 
May 16, 2016 4:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8890
bigivelfhq said:
keragamming said:


I'll like to make a few points to you. Since maybe you forgot how production works and also things we already know aboit snk s2.

1. No or most studio don't make all the episodes before airing a anime, they usually make the first three or so episode and continue making episode on a weekly basis just like recent series like Kabaneri and opm.

2. The first episode of snk took 6 month to make while the other episodes took about a week or more. Pretty sure the first episode of snk season 2 wont take so long since the first time is always the hardest, but since it's the same staff I don't expect the first episode for S2 to take so long like S1.

3. We know for a fact that snk season 2 has been in production atleast since March the latest since Wada said that during the Kababeri press conference. This is a guess but I'm pretty sure they've atleast finish producing 2 or three episodes atleast.

TLDR Wit will probably make the first 3 episodes and continue to make episodes while its airing just like every other studio. basically with these points I dont see why you think it's impossible for season 2 to air in 2016. Or you can explain to me why you think spring 2017 is the esrliest Snk S2 will air?

Also the fact that Wada said snk season 2 is being work on right now during Wit studio press conference in March pretty much confirm they're working on snk S2 and kabaneri at the same time, even though a lot of people say its impossible for wit studio to work on two series at the same time, unless snk s2 is being worked by a different staff, but a lot of people said wit studio staff is small so I don't know.


What was officially told is that Wit Studio has 2.5 production teams. So I assume 2 teams working at the same time and a semi-team that or helps the others or starts doing things.

About the production of the episodes, not to remove your point, but is not like the 1st episode takes more to do than the rest of the others. The thing is that the animation production works like a factory pipeline. This means that different parts of different episodes are being made at the same time. So when those 3 episodes are complete just before the airing day, is not like nothing of the other episodes was worked on, but has already a good percentage made. I would say that a good production schedule is for at least 50% of each episode to be made in that time. So if assumed that they take 6 months for each episode, the last episode, will be finished by exactly the its airing.


I was just making a example really, but only the first episode of season 1 took 6 month to make and that's because they were making everything from scratch at that time. Other episodes took about a week or more.
 
May 16, 2016 4:39 AM

Online
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 618
keragamming said:
bigivelfhq said:


What was officially told is that Wit Studio has 2.5 production teams. So I assume 2 teams working at the same time and a semi-team that or helps the others or starts doing things.

About the production of the episodes, not to remove your point, but is not like the 1st episode takes more to do than the rest of the others. The thing is that the animation production works like a factory pipeline. This means that different parts of different episodes are being made at the same time. So when those 3 episodes are complete just before the airing day, is not like nothing of the other episodes was worked on, but has already a good percentage made. I would say that a good production schedule is for at least 50% of each episode to be made in that time. So if assumed that they take 6 months for each episode, the last episode, will be finished by exactly the its airing.


I was just making a example really, but only the first episode of season 1 took 6 month to make and that's because they were making everything from scratch at that time. Other episodes took about a week or more.


I think they will make more episodes ready this time so we wont have recaps in between and they confirmed the 2nd season at summer 2015 i think so wouldnt surprise me if they already started some minor work already then^^
 
May 16, 2016 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 484
@Keragamming you're being too optimistic! This is studio WIT we're talking about!

FYI kabaneri was planned for winter season, but it got WIT'D to spring! Hence Aniplex aired BokuMachi on noitaminA in winter.

Even then WIT needed wanpack to make first 3 kabaneri eps ready for march screening! And even then latest kabaneri eps already need 5 ADs, meaning production trouble!



They havent started main production on SNK S2 yet! It's still in pre-production stage. How can they when everyone at WIT' snk staff is busy on kabaneri.

Plus the episodes arent made weekly! That's terribly misinformed!
Every ep takes atleast 3-4 months in production!

You also cant compare MadHouse' planning & scheduling to WIT! Madhouse is like atleast 10x better in that!

SnK fans best shot is july event to get more details, and I doubt it'll be announced for fall. It's going to be winter/spring 2017 most likely.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
 
May 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73
eromangasensei said:
@Keragamming you're being too optimistic! This is studio WIT we're talking about!

FYI kabaneri was planned for winter season, but it got WIT'D to spring! Hence Aniplex aired BokuMachi on noitaminA in winter.

Even then WIT needed wanpack to make first 3 kabaneri eps ready for march screening! And even then latest kabaneri eps already need 5 ADs, meaning production trouble!


This is not about being optimistic. The point is official and confirmed news versus rumors. No official statements = nothing can be believed.
And unless you have exclusive access inside WIT Studio, all you can say about the state of their projects and intern production troubles is just wild speculation.

eromangasensei said:
They havent started main production on SNK S2 yet! It's still in pre-production stage. How can they when everyone at WIT' snk staff is busy on kabaneri.

Plus the episodes arent made weekly! That's terribly misinformed!


Please do your reseach before calling others misinformed. SNK moved from pre-production to production long long ago, and they have recently talked about it on interviews.

eromangasensei said:
Every ep takes atleast 3-4 months in production!


Yes but they don't do ONE EPISODE AFTER ANOTHER LOL. An episode can take 3-4 months to be done from start to finish, but there are many episodes at different stages being worked on at the same time, and they start getting finished then an episode by week while they are already airing.

eromangasensei said:
You also cant compare MadHouse' planning & scheduling to WIT! Madhouse is like atleast 10x better in that!


Another studio being better doesn't mean WIT can't do their jobs properly.

eromangasensei said:
SnK fans best shot is july event to get more details, and I doubt it'll be announced for fall. It's going to be winter/spring 2017 most likely.


If that happens, then it won't be because any of the reasons you have mentioned.
 
May 16, 2016 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8890
They have now started the main production forgot the interview That was made in February?? Wada even told the audience to be patient that snk season 2 is being worked on as we speak during their press conference in march. So it's not in pre production anymore mate.

Bullshit then explain why they made a recap ep to buy more time to finish up the new ep? They were pretty much making episode while it was airing.

I can't bother to look for the source, but I remember they said the first ep took 6 month while the other episodes toook a week or weeks to be completed.

I dont even know why you brought up madhouse in the first place. You can go circlejerk somewhere else about madhouse. I like snk art style over any madhouse anime period!


@Naniwa88 thank you! It's not about being optimistic, I'm basing everything off facts. He called me misinformed but yet he thought snk season 2 is still in pre production even after he read the interview that said they're now in production!

It's like he has amnesia or something.
Modified by keragamming, May 16, 2016 3:34 PM
 
May 16, 2016 3:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 484
Naniwa88 said:
eromangasensei said:
@Keragamming you're being too optimistic! This is studio WIT we're talking about!

FYI kabaneri was planned for winter season, but it got WIT'D to spring! Hence Aniplex aired BokuMachi on noitaminA in winter.

Even then WIT needed wanpack to make first 3 kabaneri eps ready for march screening! And even then latest kabaneri eps already need 5 ADs, meaning production trouble!


This is not about being optimistic. The point is official and confirmed news versus rumors. No official statements = nothing can be believed.
And unless you have exclusive access inside WIT Studio, all you can say about the state of their projects and intern production troubles is just wild speculation.

eromangasensei said:
They havent started main production on SNK S2 yet! It's still in pre-production stage. How can they when everyone at WIT' snk staff is busy on kabaneri.

Plus the episodes arent made weekly! That's terribly misinformed!


Please do your reseach before calling others misinformed. SNK moved from pre-production to production long long ago, and they have recently talked about it on interviews.

eromangasensei said:
Every ep takes atleast 3-4 months in production!


Yes but they don't do ONE EPISODE AFTER ANOTHER LOL. An episode can take 3-4 months to be done from start to finish, but there are many episodes at different stages being worked on at the same time, and they start getting finished then an episode by week while they are already airing.

eromangasensei said:
You also cant compare MadHouse' planning & scheduling to WIT! Madhouse is like atleast 10x better in that!


Another studio being better doesn't mean WIT can't do their jobs properly.

eromangasensei said:
SnK fans best shot is july event to get more details, and I doubt it'll be announced for fall. It's going to be winter/spring 2017 most likely.


If that happens, then it won't be because any of the reasons you have mentioned.


My post is just a reply to kera's post where he's believing it'll come out this year & talks about the production.

(tho I'm missing your point. I'm not confirming any rumour or news, just giving out the info we know with kabaneri's production)

also no, it hasnt gone into full production, I'm saying that based on the interview. Snk might be in work /RIGHT NOW/, but the studio hasnt released anything to say otherwise.

No, WIT CANT DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY. All their shows (SNK, ROLLING GIRLS, ONS, etc) have had production issues.

I specifically mentioned kabaneri's delay because that's mostly the reason why SNK2's production will be delayed because they share many of the same staff.

keragamming said:
They have now started the main production forgot the interview That was made in February?? Wada even told the audience to be patient that snk season 2 is being worked on as we speak during their press conference in march. So it's not in pre production anymore mate.

Bullshit then explain why they made a recap ep to buy more time to finish up the new ep? They were pretty much making episode while it was airing.

I can't bother to look for the source, but I remember they said the first ep took 6 month while the other episodes toook a week or weeks to be completed.

I dont even know why you brought up madhouse in the first place. You can go circlejerk somewhere else about madhouse. I like snk art style over any madhouse anime period!


@Naniwa88 thank you! It's not about being optimistic, I'm basing everything off facts. He called me misinformed but yet he thought snk season 2 is still in pre production even after he read the interview that said they're now in production!

It's like he has amnesia or something.




I only mentioned madhouse since you mentioned OPM's production, sorry if the "circlejirk" that's apparently happening here annoys you.

Just saying cuz OPM had it's ep 1 first footage shown in the pv1 that came out in march last year, You say SNK will have airing in oct then why hasnt even key visual came out yet?

I'm only saying misinformed to you on week to week episode completion, btw (seems like you took it the wrong way :-P). The eps are worked on simulataneously and completed just before airing.
Modified by JetNoir, May 16, 2016 3:57 PM
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
 
May 16, 2016 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8890
@eromangasensei obviously they haven't release a trailer and key visuals yet because it's still being worked on?? Mind blown! Stop straying from the point, you said snk S2 is still in pre production which is incorrect.

Every striking anime has production issue not just wit studio. Did that stop snk from becoming tqhe biggest series to come out so far in this decade? No! Heck I didn't even notice the production issue wqqqqqin certain scenes until I rewatch the series. It really didn't even bother me.

I would like S2 to be a improvement over s1. But if it were to have the same issue as s1 it wouldn't even bother me tbh. S1 to me still looks better than 95% of anime out there. I really love the art style.
Modified by keragamming, May 16, 2016 4:00 PM
 
May 16, 2016 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 73
eromangasensei said:

also no, it hasnt gone into full production, I'm saying that based on the interview. Snk might be in work /RIGHT NOW/, but the studio hasnt released anything to say otherwise.


This makes no sense. What do you mean they haven't released anything? They have released that same interview talking about the production of the second season. What else do you expect?
 
May 16, 2016 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 484
keragamming said:
@eromangasensei obviously they haven't release a trailer and key visuals yet because it's still being worked on?? Mind blown! Stop straying from the point, you said snk S2 is still in pre production which is incorrect.

Every striking anime has production problem not just wit studio. Did that stop snk from being the biggest series to come out so far in this decade? No! Heck I didn't even notice the production problem in certain scenes until I rewatch the series. It really didn't even bother me.

I would like S2 to be a improvement over s1. But if it were to have the same problem as s1 it wouldn't even bother me tbh.


I said from >what we know<. it's just that I dont really see WIT doing it this year from their past records, tho I'm all for surprises.

We'll know the details in couple months anyway.

Actually I did drop SNK mid way when it was airing because of it's production issues, so yeah. I want S2 to be improvement too, but that means more time....
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
 
May 16, 2016 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 484
Naniwa88 said:
eromangasensei said:

also no, it hasnt gone into full production, I'm saying that based on the interview. Snk might be in work /RIGHT NOW/, but the studio hasnt released anything to say otherwise.


This makes no sense. What do you mean they haven't released anything? They have released that same interview talking about the production of the second season. What else do you expect?


actual material on the anime? Character drafts, visual, teaser?
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
 
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »