Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 28, 2016 3:48 AM

Sep 2015
Are any of you interested in the story of Nikola Tesla?

Here are some links to refresh your memory, or get you started if Tesla is new to you (which wouldn't suprise me as this genius has been somewhat sidelined by mainstream history)

Did Nikola Tesla Invent Free Energy?

Nikola Tesla: The Story of a Genius - Documentary

Nikola Tesla's Life New Documentary

Nikola Tesla's Antigravity UFO:What happened his greatest Invention

Nikola Tesla - Wikipedia

The Strange Life of Nikola Tesla (pdf)

Prodigal Genius: The Life of Nikola Tesla (pdf)
Jan 28, 2016 4:01 AM

Sep 2015
some pics from teslasociety.com

What a dude - He said, that given time and a small amount of equipment, he could split this planet in half! Residents in the building adjacent to his workshop frequently called the authorities as they were convinced he was shaking the building to the point of collapse!

Jan 29, 2016 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
He was a great scientist, but sadly he ruined himself.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 30, 2016 4:41 AM

Sep 2015
TheBigGuy said:

So true, but I think he was maybe unlucky in not having a real support network around him - the people at the forefront of science can be a bit unconventional, he was definately the stereotypical scientist that didn't bother about fixing his hair...or to eat... or to pay the bills etc etc

I think also he had no real grasp on how business or money worked - I read how if he had actually monetised his earlier inventions, instead of practically giving the ideas away free to peers such as Edison, the money he could have made he would have been more than enough to finance his later work, such as the Tesla tower - and he would never have been beholden to hideous financiers like the notorious J.P. Morgan

We could maybe have been sitting here using devices powered by free remote energy if Tesla had the means to take his ideas to fruition. and, I pray that if ever anyone picks up where Tesla left off, that they throw the info out there, open source Tim Berners Lee style - and make impossible for one of the big multi national conglomerate monster companies to control it - like the one in Dimension W does.
doki-dokiJan 30, 2016 4:55 AM
Jan 31, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
doki-doki said:
TheBigGuy said:

So true, but I think he was maybe unlucky in not having a real support network around him - the people at the forefront of science can be a bit unconventional, he was definately the stereotypical scientist that didn't bother about fixing his hair...or to eat... or to pay the bills etc etc

I think also he had no real grasp on how business or money worked - I read how if he had actually monetised his earlier inventions, instead of practically giving the ideas away free to peers such as Edison, the money he could have made he would have been more than enough to finance his later work, such as the Tesla tower - and he would never have been beholden to hideous financiers like the notorious J.P. Morgan

We could maybe have been sitting here using devices powered by free remote energy if Tesla had the means to take his ideas to fruition. and, I pray that if ever anyone picks up where Tesla left off, that they throw the info out there, open source Tim Berners Lee style - and make impossible for one of the big multi national conglomerate monster companies to control it - like the one in Dimension W does.

I agree. Not exactly remote energy, but scientists are working on converting the pressure cars cause on the street into energy to power street and traffic lights.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 31, 2016 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
Serbians and 9gag circlejerk the shit out of this guy as though every single idea he ever had was the most amazing thing ever

While he was certainly an interesting character and was not an idiot, everybody circlejerks over his free energy thing as if it was only killed off by filthy profit loving capitalists when in actuality his scheme would have been highly inefficient and short ranged.

People keep circlejerking over all kinds of crazy shit he says that may or may not be entirely baseless.
Jan 31, 2016 2:24 PM

Feb 2010
umm ya that was know from chapter 1 of the manga
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 1, 2016 1:03 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Serbians and 9gag circlejerk the shit out of this guy as though every single idea he ever had was the most amazing thing ever

While he was certainly an interesting character and was not an idiot, everybody circlejerks over his free energy thing as if it was only killed off by filthy profit loving capitalists when in actuality his scheme would have been highly inefficient and short ranged.

People keep circlejerking over all kinds of crazy shit he says that may or may not be entirely baseless.

Of course it would have been inefficient and it is not the fault of evil capitalists. And saying "he was not an idiot" is an understatement and a bit ignorant. Some things he said were unfeasible, but crazy? Not really.
Feb 2, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2015
fst said:

If we keep in mind the era in which he worked, and compare that to say, fuzzy grainy sepia photography and the way others built on the work of the photography pioneers, now giving us HD 3D movies and the like, one can only guess at how far we would be now in the realm of free energy.

There are people working on this right now, but I'm sure they would benefit from Tesla's papers had the FBI not requisitioned them. Still to this day there are stories of Scientists being SWAT-teamed and their work confiscated because it gets to close to restricted knowledge. That being the case I think any free energy revolution will be outside of the U.S. My bet would be on Russia or one of the ex Soviet states.

Some interesting stuff on youtube, one guy in particular, who has given tutorials on how to build a small free energy battery. No moving parts, just a wicked strong magnet (he recommends hard drive magnets) and a few coils set in a certain way, it gives enough voltage to power a small remote controlled car, and others have now replicated his device. It should be the kind of thing that gets massive research funding - and that youtube guy should be making headlines - But there are certain powerful factions that are very reluctant to see any change to the status quo, and that would include any change to the way we use energy and especially fossil fuels.

I can't fid the youtuber I was thinking of but this is very similar I think

Free Energy Device Youtube Search

TheBigGuy said:

Of course it would have been inefficient and it is not the fault of evil capitalists. And saying "he was not an idiot" is an understatement and a bit ignorant. Some things he said were unfeasible, but crazy? Not really.

Well said.
Feb 2, 2016 7:31 PM
Oct 2012
doki-doki said:
So true, but I think he was maybe unlucky in not having a real support network around him

Not true. During his life he made millions and lost millions, and had the backing of some very intelligent people such as George Westinghouse. He suffered no worse a fate then Edison, who likewise was outed from his own company.

Tesla's problem was that his imagination often outraced his ability to produce. There is no doubt that he was a first tier genius, but he lacked Edison's 99% perspiration. Tesla would jump from new fad to new fad, abandoning his funded projects to concentrate on the new big thing. The sad truth is that inspiration is actually the "easy" part, translating that inspiration into something that works is much harder. Tesla really didn't like that part of invention.

As for the FBI "seizing" his records. It was 1943, during the midst of WWII, a foreign national who was researching a a death ray had died, it was a tribute, not a conspiracy, that the US Government was so worried about Tesla's records being made public on his death. But as with much of Tesla's output, there were lots of theories, little in translating theory to reality. That this is fact is easy to discern, had Tesla actually created something the US could have smashed the USSR and Maoist China, that the Cold War lasted 40 years shows there was little value to Tesla's work.

That said I don't want to bash Tesla. He was a genius, and he did a lot of good work. I don't even mind the romanticization his works attract, arc lighting does have a whiff of fairy dust. However, the conspiracy theories associated with him are more toxic and need to be doused with a good dose of reality.
Feb 3, 2016 9:34 AM

Sep 2015
@Takuan_Soho
Interesting take on it, a bit sober for my own tastes but I respect your view nonetheless. Though I always think it's a mistake to write off certain subjects in total or in part as 'conspiracy theory'. I can sort of see why people partition themselves off off from areas that may contain valuable information, just because others see that info as fringe or conspiracy, but doing so one can run the risk I think of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Takuan_Soho said:
a foreign national who was researching a a death ray had died...

That could be straight out of Dimension W or some other manga! Fact is sometimes stranger than fiction :D
Oct 21, 2016 3:33 AM

Dec 2009
I know this is a little late commenting, but i just noticed this now.

This show was complete research-failed bunk. Tesla never had anything to do with dimensional anything, and Dimension W was a joke series.

Takuan_Soho said:
doki-doki said:
So true, but I think he was maybe unlucky in not having a real support network around him
Tesla's problem was that his imagination often outraced his ability to produce. There is no doubt that he was a first tier genius, but he lacked Edison's 99% perspiration. Tesla would jump from new fad to new fad, abandoning his funded projects to concentrate on the new big thing. The sad truth is that inspiration is actually the "easy" part, translating that inspiration into something that works is much harder. Tesla really didn't like that part of invention.

As for the FBI "seizing" his records. It was 1943, during the midst of WWII, a foreign national who was researching a a death ray had died, it was a tribute, not a conspiracy, that the US Government was so worried about Tesla's records being made public on his death. But as with much of Tesla's output, there were lots of theories, little in translating theory to reality. That this is fact is easy to discern, had Tesla actually created something the US could have smashed the USSR and Maoist China, that the Cold War lasted 40 years shows there was little value to Tesla's work.

That said I don't want to bash Tesla. He was a genius, and he did a lot of good work. I don't even mind the romanticization his works attract, arc lighting does have a whiff of fairy dust. However, the conspiracy theories associated with him are more toxic and need to be doused with a good dose of reality.

I hate to say it but none of you really know what was actually going on as far as discovery back then. It was the practical-minded genius Charles P Steinmetz who made Tesla's work actually practical and put the cap on the AC-powered age we live in. Most of Tesla's work was lost, and various documents had been seized, and then declassified (see fbi website for proof), and Steinmetz' work is far to sophisticated for most people to even begin to comprehend, yet was necessary for so many factors to work in which we take for granted and misunderstand today in physics. Having the ideas is NOT the easy part when you're trying to understand how things work in whole. There's a reason he spent time studying old philosophy, he was seeking elaboration on an intellectual methodology called retroduction.

The concept of the æther-capacitance method for free energy was a theoretical idea which does have sufficient precept in dielectric field theory. It wasn't achieved then and hasn't been achieved yet, largely because nobody really understands electrical theory due to the fallacies of popular quantum particle (atomistic) cultism. Even the proclaimed 'geniuses' of QM can't comprehend the works of the real geniuses, the guys who made everything.

There are too many idiots on the internet, and Tesla fanatics who don't understand a thing, and have no idea what the guy was up to. You'll have to follow stuff by Tesla's peers, or by people today like Eric P Dollard, or Ken L Wheeler, to get any remote grasp on the consequence of what was actually being studied.

Ps: Edison was a douchebag and not much of an inventor, he was a tinkerer who took a lot of things other people made and slightly improved them. His methodology of trial and error and obsessive persistence was idiotic at best, as he spent little effort actually trying to understand the fundamentals of what it was he was working with.
GenesisAriaOct 21, 2016 3:38 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.