Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 9, 2020 12:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Heartwarming end, I really liked watching this, animation is beautiful and it was captivating, a good anime overall, I hope for a season 2.
7/10
Jun 20, 2020 2:11 AM
Aug 2012
the solid plot from the first episode till the last moment accompanied by good soundtrack and likable adult characters. Yes, open ending just screaming about movie or second season, but still why this detective story should have to end, and no I guess, just a lot of different cases are waiting for protagonists to solve in the future and we can wish them good luck!
Anyway, I like the atmosphere of anime which events took place on Hokkaido- they are really one of a kind!
Sep 25, 2020 10:18 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nice anime for me to watch. The stories ran the gamut from interesting fluff to pretty dramatic gore. The teacher should take a chill pill and go to work in a factory or some place without students to guilt out over. All in all....a good 7/10 series.
Oct 19, 2020 9:08 AM
Jun 2020
Not a bad episode with a reasonable cliffhanger ending to bait the audience's curiosity~ But the overall buildup for the Sphenoid mystery is too weak to evoke my hunger for that case. Is just a "would be nice" vibe to know more about that man's and Sakurako's past.

Though I am not dying for a season 2, it would be nice to have a season 2 to tie up the loose ends~

But up till now, there isn't much news on a season 2, a tad disappointing.
Jan 16, 2021 10:39 AM

Oct 2015
I am of the opinion that anime as a medium is not particularly great when it comes to detective shows. Aside from the classics like 'Detective Conan', Kindaichi's Case Files' or even 'Lupin the Third' to some extent, most of detective animes either go with outlandish plots that make barely sense in their cases or mysteries that are so obvious they become incredibly dull as a result.

I guess 'Beautiful Bones' stands right in the middle: cases are rather 'down to earth' - of a slice of life nature most of the time, very humble narrative-wise. These mysteries are not erratic in any way, but they are not so plain either. The writer seemed to have found a right balance in her show.

I truly think this so-called 'balance' is what makes the series enjoyable in the first place. As far as Holmesian reimaginings go - which clearly 'Beautiful Bones' is part of - they rarely focus on the daily nature of Holmes' inquiries. They have to be related to a 'Moriarty-like figure', or to 'Irene Adler', or at least to an opponent that is worthy of the great detective's intellect. Yet, most of the canonical adventures are about little mysteries to solve. Sometimes there is no murder, sometimes Holmes takes on a case that turned out to be about literally nothing. Shiori Ota seems to have understood that, and the anime adaptation did it justice.

A bit too much justice if you ask me however, since the 'Moriarty-like' figure (yes, of course the show had to get one) has been put on the back burner. His relevancy to the series is so non-existent that I fail to see why he was introduced here in the first place. The ending - though as heartwarming as it may be - is frustrating as a result. There is no resolution, nor even a meager hope of a second season to cling to. This is straight up a tease to make you buy the light-novels, a commercial practice I am not fond of for obvious reasons.

Yet, I suppose a "bad" ending should not be considered detrimental to a narrative as a whole, nor should it qualify my own enjoyment of the series. Of course, it was nothing spectacular, nor mindblowingly good. No, it was just a decent watch: not all cases were particularly compelling - Shouta's grandma little mystery was a bit of a snorefest I am afraid - but the highs were definitely high.
Aug 1, 2021 5:58 PM

Feb 2020
decent anime, lot of anatomy related stuff in it. animation quality was also pretty good. story was decent. but villan was introduction too late and nothing became of it (just the prologue for know). overall it was enjoyable neitherless
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 17, 2022 7:17 AM

Nov 2018
I'M STILL WAITING YOU GODDAMN STUDIO TROYCA FOR S2
Feb 20, 2022 11:07 AM

Jun 2019
My 181st completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Oct 9, 2022 1:06 PM

Mar 2019
So in the end they reunited. I liked that scene, it was heartwarming.

Nice ending to the series, I prefer this over trying to make a rushed ending with a conclusion, especially since it looks like there's a possibility for a season 2, even more so with Hanabusa appearing at the end.

Overall, it was nice, definitely liked it, but I can't say it was the best mystery I've seen.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 15, 2022 7:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
episode that explains the origin of friendship!!!
Well, I suppose we will enjoy in a future with a second!!! kekeke

unfortunately it has been a series that has gone from more to less .........5/10
Jul 31, 2023 6:00 PM

Jan 2019
meme frame: it all started with her smile

Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Aug 2019
i did really like this show. it was quite interesting and im glad they got back together in the end but its unfinished. the main mystery that we were told about just last ep hasnt been figured out yet.

tried looking into it since mal lists the chapter count in the source as ? and now i hate myself. do not look into it if you care for the story, the title of the final book has a major spoiler. assuming its true and not like a quote some character said.

there is also two manga series, one has 2 volumes and the other only 1 so possibly just extra instead of an adaptation. mangaupdates description says its an adaptation though so possibly it was given up on?

the source story is finished but i doubt this anime will get a second season considering this is nearly 9 years old. its sad as this was really good and i like sakurako. i cant concentrate enough on reading a novel so ill probably never know the rest of the story but maybe i should try

shoutarou's "SAKURAKO-SAN!" screams were annoying but i ship them

HiljainenSipuliMar 28, 4:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.