Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2015 11:27 PM

Feb 2011
Was thinking of this and wondering what others' were. Ive read all of Red, Yellow, Gold, Ruby+Sapphire, FireRed, and Emerald, but only bits of Diamond+Pearl and other things afterward.

I think my favorite would probably be Ruby+Sapphire followed closely by Red then Gold then FireRed then Emerald. Yellow would probably be last or maybe tied with Emerald, but I still enjoyed them, just not to the same fervor.

My reasons are below (spoiler warning):
Jan 20, 2016 12:01 AM

Jun 2014
For me it's:
Ruby/Sapphire>Gold/Silver/Crystal>Fire red/leaf green>Yellow>Platinum>Heart gold/soul silver>diamond/pearl>Red/green/blue>Emerald.

Still haven't seen B/W 1 and 2 and X/Y.
Oct 18, 2021 11:02 PM
Dec 2017
black and white for my personally since i have a copy of it.

Oct 24, 2021 2:03 PM
Jan 2021
My list would be like this.

1: Fire Red and Leaf Green.

2: Gold, Silver and Crystal.

3: Black and White.

4: Ruby and Sapphire.

5: X and Y.

6: HeartGold and SoulSilver.

7: Diamond and Pearl.

8: Red, Green and Blue.

9: Black and White 2.

10: Yellow.

11: Platinum.

12: Emerald.

From first to fifth place are the parts that I like the most and the ones that I am dying to see animated. They are the reason why this manga is among my favorites.

From position six to nine are the parts that I like, but I consider them decent and that's it. Sometimes they have their amazing moments but they are balanced by moments that are a bit meh.

I don't like the last three that much anymore, but at least I can read Yellow and Platinum without feeling more than a little disappointed. Emerald is downright bad and the worst part of the manga.

This is my opinion, OP. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to comment on this.
Oct 30, 2021 8:15 AM

Jul 2020
I'm fully caught up with the series including Sword and Shield, so I'm ranking all of them:

1. Gold/Silver/Crystal
2. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
3. X/Y
4. Black/White
5. Red/Blue/Green
6. FireRed/LeafGreen
7. Yellow
8. Black 2/White 2
9. Ruby/Sapphire
10. Sword/Shield (so far)
11. Sun/Moon
12. Emerald
13. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
14. HeartGold/SoulSilver

First to fifth are my all-time favorites, sixth to twelfth are pretty good, and the bottom two are pretty mid in my opinion.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Nov 5, 2021 8:18 PM

Feb 2021
I'll rank the ones I've read.
1. Ruby and Sapphire
2. Gold Silver and Crystal
3. Red Green Blue and Yellow
4. Diamond and Pearl
5. FRLG
6. HGSS
7. Emerald
8. ORAS
7. Platinum
Nov 5, 2021 8:51 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
1. Gold, Silver & Crystal
2. Ruby & Sapphire
3. Black & White
4. Red, Green & Blue
5. Yellow
6. Diamond & Pearl
7. FireRed & LeafGreen
8. Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
9. Platinum
10. Emerald
11. HeartGold & SoulSilver
12. Black 2 & White 2

I absolutely love the GSC chapter, and it contains one of my favorite finale of the entire series. The more recent chapters have been rather disappointing (in comparison to the previous ones), but maybe that's just because I grew older and the novelty of the series passed. I have only read three volumes of XY, so I can't give my opinion on it just yet.
Nov 12, 2021 6:14 AM

Sep 2016
1. Gold/Silver/Crystal
2. Ruby/Sapphire
3. Diamond/Pearl
4. Red/Green/Blue
5. Fire Red/Leaf Green
6. Black/White
7. Yellow
8. Emerald
9. Platinum
10. Heart Gold/Soul Silver
11. Black 2/White 2

I haven't read X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Sun/Moon yet(im waiting for regular volume release). I am reading the current chapters of Sword/Shield arc, but it difficult to rate because it's not good and not bad either, and most importantly its still unfinished(imo at this moment i would place it somewhere around bottom of my list).
Soleks100000Nov 12, 2021 6:21 AM
Jan 16, 2022 2:14 PM

Jan 2021
I’m also waiting for regular volume releases, so I’ve only just started the XY chapter.

1. GSC
2. Yellow
3. RGB
4. FR/LG
5. DP
6. HGSS
7. RSE
8. BW
9. Platinum
10. Emerald
11. B2W2

My absolute favorite characters are all in the GSC arc, hence my bias towards it. I’ve never really understood the RSE love; I don’t like the characters. B2W2 was by far the most boring—they could have done something so much more interesting with that arc. I don’t really remember BW.

Before you try revolutionizing the country, why don’t you revolutionize yourself first? - 土方十四郎
Jan 28, 2022 10:08 PM
Dec 2020
I’ve read everything up to the end of b2w2. It’s been a couple years since I’ve gone through some of the older ones so some details are a bit foggy but I remember most of the important stuff. Id rank them like this:
1. Emerald
2. Gold Silver Crystal
3. Diamond and Pearl
4. Ruby and Sapphire
5. Black and White
6. Red Blue Green
7. Fire Red and Leaf Green
8. Platinum
9. Yellow
10. Heart gold and Soul silver
11. Black 2 and White 2

I’ve seen a lot of people out emerald pretty low but I really enjoyed it. Seeing all of the main characters up to that point together is great, the battle frontier is a really cool setting as well as having guile be a really cool villain that tied into RS as well as setting up DP. It also didn’t overstay its welcome and drag like I feel some arcs do. I really enjoy all of them besides the bottom two so this was definitely hard to order. HGSS and b2w2 are probably my favorite games but MAN are the manga versions boring! HGSS is somewhat saved by the fact that The gen 2 cast are probably my favorites in the whole manga but B2W2 is just plain bad. The main characters are just bleh, the story isn’t very interesting and I feel it cheapens BW so while HGSS is ultimately kinda harmless B2W2 I just straight up hate. Planning to start XY soon so hopefully I like that one more.
Jan 30, 2022 5:01 PM
Sep 2019
Damn, all of them are pretty good IMO. I've only read up to/finished ORAS, so it'll be from there, though I did read whatever copies of XY and SM my library had.

1. FireRed and LeafGreen

2. Ruby and Sapphire

3. Red and Blue

4. Black and White

5. ORAS

6. Diamond and Pearl

7. HeartGold SoulSilver

8. Gold Silver

9. Black2 White2

10. Yellow

11. Platinum

12. Emerald

Honestly, I could reread them all again and enjoy it.
May 31, 2022 7:16 AM
Feb 2020
Black and White prob my favorite, although that might be since I grew up watching and reading that gen. B/W 2 was ok, but no where as good as the first. Felt like the character interactions in the 2nd werent as good as I though they would be considering how the first ended.
Jul 16, 2022 12:59 AM
Sep 2019
I've read a decent amount on and off for about 6 years my favorites are;
#1 Red Green and Blue (read all of it likely)
#2 FireRed & LeafGreen (read a majority of it)
#3 Yellow (read all of it)
#4 Gold Silver and Crystal (read some I think mostly Crys' endeavors)

I really love the darker tone situations the characters are put in and the action can't get enough of 90's and 2000's stuff so I was really drawn to it and got absorbed into the stories I could read. Probably some of the most different Pokémon media I've consumed but easily some of the most enjoyable. The versions of these characters and twists thrown in are very special to me.

I haven't been interested in the newer manga or games so I might not care much to read past Gen III. Besides that I'm sure there's at least 6 volumes left unread or pieces of arcs I would realize I haven't sifted through already.
JaydenTivonJul 16, 2022 1:14 AM
Aug 2, 2022 7:56 PM
Oct 2019
I read almost everything up to BW, plus ORAS and minus Platinum. Read a bit of B2W2 and X&Y. X&Y is great but I can't rank it cause I haven't finished it yet.
My ranking:
1. Ruby and Sapphire (10/10)
2. Red and Blue (9.5/10)
2. Black and White (9.5/10)
4. Gold, Silver, and Crystal (9.3/10)
5. FireRed and LeafGreen (9/10)
6. Diamond and Pearl (8.7/10)
7. HeartGold and SoulSilver (8.5/10)
8. Yellow (8.3/10)
9. Emerald (8/10)
9. ORAS (8/10)

I got introduced to this manga through the Ruby and Sapphire saga, so I might be a little biased to that saga.

I think I need to reread all without skipping this time hahaha. (Might update this after I do so)
Oct 18, 2022 2:17 AM
Mar 2015
1. Ruby Sapphire
2. Diamond Pearl
3. FireRed LeafGreen
4. Black White
5. Gold Silver Crystal
6. X Y
7. Yellow
8. Emerald
9. Red Green Blue

Don't remember the remaining pre-ORAS arcs well enough to rank them
Jan 14, 2023 10:52 PM

Dec 2020
i need to get caught up and haven't seen BW2 or anything beyond but my favorites are
-Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
-Black/White
-Gold/Silver/Crystal

gen 3 and 2 manga enhances the characters so well, emerald is such a nice solid ending of it all with everyone together i really like what was done with archie and maxie, black and white does the games plot so well too, least favourite is diamond and pearl though imo i don't think the jokes were executed well in translation and it was just an in general a weak arc.
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 305 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 31, 2015

4 by Nerdason »»
Dec 31, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 302 Discussion

Shouichirou - Apr 2, 2011

8 by Nerdason »»
Dec 28, 2023 3:41 AM

» Physical Manga Collectors, lend me your aid

KGlock18 - Dec 11, 2023

4 by soulsilver4ever »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 280 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 21, 2015

2 by Nerdason »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:37 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 270 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 6, 2014

3 by Nerdason »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.