Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 17, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
I swear to God OP, you seem to be offended by everything...
Nov 17, 2015 12:44 PM

May 2015
Pacifica_Ocean said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Boo hoo fat people are oppressing me by not being sad over being fat!!

Skinny people are shamed by fat people all the time on the internet
"Eat a hamburger" "she looks like a skeleton gross"

We have no naturally stick thin heroes but praise an overweight hero? thats the internet for you.

Wonder Woman and Scarlet Witch look thin to me.

All of Victoria's Secret models are skinny

@Monad: I knew. I just to keep the choo-choo going.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 17, 2015 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
traed said:
kobun said:
I don't care but it sounds kinda interesting imo

> a fat female main character
everyone in this thread: the sjws have gone too far,,,
So you think someone being fat makes them interesting? Thats pretty shallow. You likely would have thought she was boring if she wasnt morbidly obese unless she was black or muslim instead.

I could of been talking about literally anything yet you thought the only reason I said it was is because she is fat
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Honestly lol
Nov 17, 2015 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Pacifica_Ocean said:

Skinny people are shamed by fat people all the time on the internet
"Eat a hamburger" "she looks like a skeleton gross"

We have no naturally stick thin heroes but praise an overweight hero? thats the internet for you.

Wonder Woman and Scarlet Witch look thin to me.

All of Victoria's Secret models are skinny

@Monad: I knew. I just to keep the choo-choo going.
They're not "sticks" though.

Nov 17, 2015 12:52 PM

Mar 2008
I have created a new superhero. She is Super Anna. She is dangerously underweight and proud of it.
Nov 17, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
Well if there can be an obese super villain I guess there can also be an obese super hero.

It would really kind of annoy me though if there was a really fat superhero with super speed. Super speed and obesity just don't go together. Super heroes don't necessarily have to be super fit and in shape. The only heroes being in shape would be mandatory for are non super powered heroes like Batman, Green Arrow, Wild Cat, Black Panther etc. and superheroes with average (non over the top) superpowers like Spiderman, Captain America, Daredevil etc. For overpowered superheroes like Superman, Silver Surfer physique wouldn't matter. All kryptonians possess super human abilities under the yellow sun so in theory a fat kryptonian under the Earth's sun should have the same abilities as Superman.
Nov 17, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:

You seem to think because i have an opinion on something I must be really offended. I don't need trigger warnings in my life. I can dislike and/or laugh at something and not feel strongly about it. I present amusing stories little more, however you do seem offended by my doing this. You tend to complain every time I post something feminist/SJW. You should learn to laugh more. Or not take things personally, like me.

I didn't like age of ultron, If I post about disliking it here its not because im shaking with rage with tears in my eyes from my feeling of betrayal. Its because I wanted to discuss it and also tell my opinion on it. Little more, the miracles of not been emotionally tied to every subject I happen to post about dear.

SpooksNov 17, 2015 12:59 PM
Nov 17, 2015 1:01 PM

Sep 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

You seem to think because i have an opinion on something I must be really offended. I don't need trigger warnings in my life. I can dislike and/or laugh at something and not feel strongly about it. I present amusing stories little more, however you do seem offended by my doing this. You tend to complain every time I post something feminist/SJW. You should learn to laugh more. Or not take things personally, like me.

I didn't like age of ultron, If I post about disliking it here its not because im shaking with rage with tears in my eyes from my feeling of betrayal. Its because I wanted to discuss it and also tell my opinion on it. Little more, the miracles of not been emotionally tied to every subject I happen to post about dear.

I'm just laughing at the effort you put into your post to try and convince me you're not taking the topic of this thread a tad too seriously. :P
Nov 17, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:

I'm just laughing at the effort you put into your post to try and convince me you're not taking the topic of this thread a tad too seriously. :P

Effort? I rather enjoyed it.

Its all for you because I like to take you seriously <3
Nov 17, 2015 1:04 PM

Sep 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Don't take me seriously, I'm the most un-serious person on this site.
Nov 17, 2015 1:04 PM

Nov 2012
I don't like the ideology behind it, but I have no problem with more variety in body types. I'm not necessarily looking for realism in my comic books. And please don't tell me the usual female super heroes with their thin af arms make more sense. >.>

I'm more bothered by your consistent use of "been" instead of "being".
Nov 17, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Well if there can be an obese super villain I guess there can also be an obese super hero.

It would really kind of annoy me though if there was a really fat superhero with super speed. Super speed and obesity just don't go together. Super heroes don't necessarily have to be super fit and in shape. The only heroes being in shape would be mandatory for are non super powered heroes like Batman, Green Arrow, Wild Cat, Black Panther etc. and superheroes with average (non over the top) superpowers like Spiderman, Captain America, Daredevil etc. For overpowered superheroes like Superman, Silver Surfer physique wouldn't matter. All kryptonians possess super human abilities under the yellow sun so in theory a fat kryptonian under the Earth's sun should have the same abilities as Superman.
Yes thats pretty much what I said in my first post in here as well. The problem is not so much her weight its more the reason for it and how its presented is like encouraging people to not do anything about their weight. If she was not as fat as she is designed and was more heavy end of healthy it would be a lot more okay but shes nearing morbidly obese. Sure superheros do unhealthy things sometimes like smoke but they arent designed to smoke to say smoking is okay they just are designed that way to fit the character. This character is created with the sole purpose of saying being obese is acceptable to not do anything about, not creating a character who just happens to be overweight.
Nov 17, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2015
Pacifica_Ocean said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

It seems you're bothered by the fact we have a 'plus-sized' superhero and that skinny people don't get that kind of representation. You sounded like the people who are worried KMFDM will turn everyone into school shooters.
Nov 17, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
traed said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Yes thats pretty much what I said in my first post in here as well. The problem is not so much her weight its more the reason for it and how its presented is like encouraging people to not do anything about their weight. If she was not as fat as she is designed and was more heavy end of healthy it would be a lot more okay but shes nearing morbidly obese. Sure superheros do unhealthy things sometimes like smoke but they arent designed to smoke to say smoking is okay they just are designed that way to fit the character. This character is created with the sole purpose of saying being obese is acceptable to not do anything about, not creating a character who just happens to be overweight.
I agree it's detrimental to create an obese super hero just for the sake of being overweight but you also have to take into account that literally anyone can gain super powers. Anyone can gain powers through scientific accidents in the super hero world, gain powers other ways externally or be born with them. So an overweight superhero even a morbidly obese one should be plausible in the super hero world.
Nov 17, 2015 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Pacifica_Ocean said:

It seems you're bothered by the fact we have a 'plus-sized' superhero and that skinny people don't get that kind of representation. You sounded like the people who are worried KMFDM will turn everyone into school shooters.

Yeah, how dare fat people get representation!? That shit is unhealthy, get it out of my mass media Goddammit!
Nov 17, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Yeah, how dare fat people get representation!? That shit is unhealthy, get it out of my mass media Goddammit!

Imagine if you will an Islamic super hero. Now imagine if instead of been just a superhero who happened to follow Islam he is instead saving the world from the western corruption and the none believers were portrayed as demonic ugly creatures. Naturally you'd spot the obviously agenda pushing through a comicbook and be like thats terrible using a creative media to influence people and kids.

I can't imagine many people will respect a new hero whose sole purpose isn't to be a person or interesting character but just their to push someone elses image. It reminds me of those old cartoons used to influence children except this ones trying to push the image that been overweight is good and healthy (shes clearly not just heavy chubby but dangerously overweight) and other heroes of varying body types are wrong. Shes progressive other heroes are negative.

I guess you can say im the biggest real SJW around because I can't help but point out insincerity in this kind of thing. It could have been actually progressive and body positive and felt genuinely forthright and honest I can respect that but not this.

Rat said:

I think he's "bothered" by the fact the they're not even representing fat Humans but rather exclusively fat Women.
And that means that they care nothing about their claim. They simply want men to believe fat women are hot. They believe we're programmed by society to worship skinny females and criticize it while trying to program us to worship fat ones.
How funny is that?

And they only created Faith for the sake of having a fat "superhero" instead of creating a cool superhero who just happened to be fat, that's so obvious it's disgusting.

Orrr I could have just quoted this.
SpooksNov 17, 2015 1:32 PM
Nov 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
Idk why anybody is making a big deal out of this.

It's a crime when SJWs criticize already existing comics/video games/movies/whatever, because "they should go make their own". And then when somebody does make their own, it's still a huge travesty.

I'm not interested in a comic book about a woman who's power is.. being fat. So, to deal with my little dilemma, I'm not going to read it.

Damn, problem solved.
Nov 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Imagine if you will an Islamic super hero. Now imagine if instead of been just a superhero who happened to follow Islam he is instead saving the world from the western corruption and the none believers were portrayed as demonic ugly creatures. Naturally you'd spot the obviously agenda pushing through a comicbook and be like thats terrible using a creative media to influence people and kids.

I can't imagine many people will respect a new hero whose sole purpose isn't to be a person or interesting character but just their to push someone elses image. It reminds me of those old cartoons used to influence children except this ones trying to push the image that been overweight is good and healthy (shes clearly not just heavy chubby but dangerously overweight) and other heroes of varying body types are wrong. Shes progressive other heroes are negative.

I guess you can say im the biggest real SJW around because I can't help but point out insincerity in this kind of thing. It could have been actually progressive and body positive and felt honest but not this.

Sure, I can understand something being represented for the sake of being represented is never a good thing. If a character slowly exists to "push an agenda" of sorts, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of it.

However, assuming a character is still interesting in their own right, and the sole focus isn't being on "hey, look at me! I'm over-weight/Islamic/transgendered/[insert minority ethnic group her]/etc.", then I don't see the problem myself.
Not sure about the character in the link you posted, I didn't really bother to read, to be frank. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one though.
Nov 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
@Pacifica_Ocean The Faith character doesn't seem similar to your hypothetical Muslim super hero at all. According to the link there is like no focus on her being fat in the comic at all, she just happens to be fat and has gained super powers.
Nov 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
At first I thought it was just going to be parodying super hero comics (like OPM)

But it's actually serious 4 realz?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 17, 2015 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
@Pacifica_Ocean The Faith character doesn't seem similar to your hypothetical Muslim super hero at all. According to the link there is like no focus on her being fat in the comic at all, she just happens to be fat and has gained super powers.

I take back what I said about giving him the benefit of the doubt then.
Nov 17, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:
DrGeroCreation said:

I take back what I said about giving him the benefit of the doubt then.

The article constantly praised her for her weight, saying shes here to save us from the other super hero body norms and didn't even mention what her super power or story actually was. It was a praise piece that solely focused on her weight.

If anything it hurts their agenda more, they feel she's not interesting enough in her own right beyond the gimmick of been not slender to attract an audience that wasn't already on board just because of her weight. They really wanted to give readers the image that this hero was normal, they should have barely mentioned her weight or other heroes unrealistic body images and just talked about the character herself as a person not a mascot for the obese. Her been fat shouldn't have had any bearing on who she actually is. Isn't that the message they're supposed to be trying to send?
Nov 17, 2015 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
oh my god why do people get so worked up over this kinda stuff. just admit already that you don't actually give a shit about whether it's healthy or not, you just hate fat people.
does it impact you in any way that someone else is unhealthy? no. does it impact you in any way that there's a comic with a fat superhero? no. you're just waiting to jump at anything about fat people that is positive. just leave them be jesus christ why do you care so much
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 17, 2015 1:44 PM

Sep 2014
kawaiiyuris said:
oh my god why do people get so worked up over this kinda stuff. just admit already that you don't actually give a shit about whether it's healthy or not, you just hate fat people.
does it impact you in any way that someone else is unhealthy? no. does it impact you in any way that there's a comic with a fat superhero? no. you're just waiting to jump at anything about fat people that is positive. just leave them be jesus christ why do you care so much

I was wondering the exact same thing when I originally clicked on this thread.
Nov 17, 2015 1:45 PM

May 2015
Rat said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I think he's "bothered" (I'm sure he's not) by the fact the they're not even representing fat Humans but rather exclusively fat Women.
And that means that they care nothing about their claim. They simply want men to believe fat women are hot. They believe we're programmed by society to worship skinny females and criticize it while trying to program us to worship fat ones.
How funny is that?

And they only created Faith for the sake of having a fat "superhero" instead of creating a cool superhero who just happened to be fat, that's so obvious it's disgusting.

He didn't mention the gender thing, but I agree with you. I find the fat acceptance to be mainly for females, as if overweight men don't suffer from stereotypes too.

I agree the superhero should be more than just fat. Her role and character shouldn't revolve around her physical appearance (then you destroy the whole 'people are more than appearance' thing). If that's his problem, he'll have to prove it's a problem using the comics.
Nov 17, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
I agree that instead of mainly talking about her body size her origin story and abilities should have also been highlighted however considering the nature of gaining powers in the super hero world there is nothing implausible or wrong about having a fat super hero. Just like there is nothing wrong with having black super heroes or Muslim super heroes.
Nov 17, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
What are her powers though?
Nov 17, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
MechaKiryu said:
What are her powers though?
Seems like basic Superman abilities (flight, invulnerability, super strength)
Nov 17, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
he'll have to prove it's a problem using the comics.

I made a topic for some casual discussion, it lasts a few hours. I don't intend to follow this story once this is done. It worked regardless and generated pretty good discussion, no derailment or anything on topic for pages.

Well done me still got it n all that.

kawaiiyuris said:

You're actually getting it backwards. I brought this up for debate because I actually care about real equal representation and people of all sizes, genders and shape. Always have and I'll be happy when they make a real character who happens to be overweight but this doesn't look to be that. This characters blog fodder which seems to be shown less respect as a character and more as a message which ruins the actual message of no matter what size you are you're still a person just as interesting as anyone else. They flaunt her weight about on blogs and advertisements totally going over her as a person and character in favour of focusing on her weight. They fail to see the irony of making a person about their weight rather than seeing the person behind it themselves. The very people who say thats the message they're going for. Its pretty funny really all I know from their side is that she's fat. I know nothing about who she is and thats! their advertising for the message people are more than their body size.

Well done guys you nailed that message lol also *ahem* pay no attention to the big floppy SJW behind the curtain. I'm going to have to make a big right wing thread next just to even it out.
SpooksNov 17, 2015 1:55 PM
Nov 17, 2015 1:56 PM

Sep 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:
You're actually getting it backwards. I brought this up for debate because I actually care about real equal representation and people of all sizes, genders and shape. Always have and I'll be happy when they make a real character who happens to be overweight but this doesn't look to be that. This characters blog fodder which seems to be shown less respect as a character and more as a message which ruins the actual message of no matter what size you are you're still a person just as interesting as anyone else. They flaunt her weight about on blogs and advertisements totally going over her as a person and character in favour of focusing on her weight. They fail to see the irony of making a person about their weight rather than seeing the person behind it themselves. The very people who say thats the message they're going for. Its pretty funny really all I know from their side is that she's fat. I know nothing about who she is and thats! their advertising for the message people are more than their body size.

Well done guys you nailed that message lol also *ahem* pay no attention to the big floppy SJW behind the curtain. I'm going to have to make a big right wing thread next just to even it out.

And? You're just giving them the attention they're most likely looking for.
Simply ignore it, or actually attempt to do something about it if it bothers you so much. Sharing your opinions on MAL won't do nothin'
Nov 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
Rat said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Sharing your opinions on MAL won't do nothin'

Why do you even bother making so many threads in that case Snuggy?

Because I'm not trying to change anything by me and other people expressing their opinions. If there's something I dislike, I simply ignore it instead of wasting my mental energy ranting about it when it's out of my power to change it.
Sharing your opinions is fine, ranting about something is somethin' else.
Nov 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:

And? You're just giving them the attention they're most likely looking for.
Simply ignore it, or actually attempt to do something about it if it bothers you so much. Sharing your opinions on MAL won't do nothin'

Did casual discussions purpose of generating random general discussions on whatever topics seem relevant at the time change? I don't have to be invested in changing the world every time I wish to bring something to the table to debate over. All debate here is meaningless in the end, we never change anything we talk about all sorts of subject to pass the time.

What you think those incest threads are posted because the OP really wants to bang his family? not to mention can you really complain about this when all people complain about is spam threads that don't generate discussion. Giving mixed signals here I don't have to try you know. I could make a what did you eat for breakfast thread if you prefer.

Anyway if any of you really want to see what a good representation of a larger woman in a super hero genre is, as in a real person whose weight is never brought up and is actually a complex character. Try Amanda Waller from JL, scary woman.

Nov 17, 2015 2:03 PM

Mar 2008
Wait wait guys new superhero. AIDS Man the man with AIDS who wont take shit from no one as he goes around having unprotected sex with villains. Justice served with a jizz.
Nov 17, 2015 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
kawaiiyuris said:

Preach
Nov 17, 2015 2:07 PM

Sep 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Did casual discussions purpose of generating random general discussions on whatever topics seem relevant at the time change? I don't have to be invested in changing the world every time I wish to bring something to the table to debate over. All debate here is meaningless in the end, we never change anything we talk about all sorts of subject to pass the time.

What you think those incest threads are posted because the OP really wants to bang his family? not to mention can you really complain about this when all people complain about is spam threads that don't generate discussion. Giving mixed signals here I don't have to try you know. I could make a what did you eat for breakfast thread if you prefer.

Anyway if any of you really want to see what a good representation of a larger woman in a super hero genre is, as in a real person whose weight is never brought up and is actually a complex character. Try Amanda Waller from JL, scary woman.

I like discussions and debates that I feel I can learn from, but this thread just seems like a rant to me, if anything else.
I don't disagree with you that characters shouldn't just exist in order to "represent" a minority group. They should still be well developed characters in their own right, instead of simply existing to try and push some agenda.
...But then what? What else is there to discuss?

This just doesn't seem like one of those topics that's open-ended enough to me.

Rat said:

How is Pacificas expressed opinion a rant?
And do you only believe in expressing you opinion about the things you like? If we all do it MAL would be an even bigger circle jerk than it already is.

I don't think him expressing his opinion is a rant, but I got a feeling he's a little too overly offended by this and I don't understand why. Unless he simply dislikes fat people for whatever reason.
And no, I don't. But opinions need some kind of backing, it's not a case of "it's all subjective", unless we're discussing which colour looks the prettiest or something.
Nov 17, 2015 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Rat said:
traed said:
Wait wait guys new superhero. AIDS Man the man with AIDS who wont take shit from no one as he goes around having unprotected sex with villains. Justice served with a jizz.

You're yet to explain underweight Anna.
Which part do I need to explain? Im making pitches here.
Nov 17, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Rat said:

How is Pacificas expressed opinion a rant?
And do you only believe in expressing you opinion about the things you like? If we all do it MAL would be an even bigger circle jerk than it already is.

but I got a feeling he's a little too overly offended by this

You're wrong im expressing an opinion and following up with that opinion when faced with opposing views its called generating a discussion thats why i post threads to help the forum generate discussions beyond things like "do you like clouds" or "have you taken a shit today". Thats what we're here to do remember. Maybe as OP you don't believe in the original poster taking sides in the topic they post but thats your way not my own. I find a topic of interest I have an opinion on. I post that topic so others can share their thoughts and I stick to my own opinions whilst discussing with others hence casual discussion. Casual back and forth. The thread really would go nowhere if everyone was on the side opinion and nobody debated both sides wouldn't it.

someone expresses an opposing view its my job as op to counter point to generate the discussion. If everyone just listed their personal opinion and then never talked to each other or debated sides on topic it would be a listing thread wouldn't it. you following?

you see you assume because I continue to back up my argument and follow on with it I must be heavily invested in the actual topic we're discussing and must emotionally and personally have a strong connection with the subject. Thats not how debate team worked in school im afraid. They give you a subject, its your job to argue your side. Thats the fun of it, I assumed its why we all go on CD to enjoy a good debate on anything.

SnugglyWhuggly said:

Because I'm not trying to change anything by me and other people expressing their opinions. If there's something I dislike, I simply ignore it instead of wasting my mental energy ranting about it when it's out of my power to change it.
Sharing your opinions is fine, ranting about something is somethin' else.

Second, all your threads are question threads and anyone could easily claim the pointlessness of those, the relevance of say the:

If you suddenly had an extra room in your house, what would you do with it? thread.

Could be questioned as been pointless generally people only show up to post if they actually want to discuss the topic at hand. What topics interest you are purely subjective. The only difference in our threads is you ask a question then put your point across during the discussion. I put my point up in the OP with the topic so people know where i fall on the topic i posted for the forum to debate then I carry on by joining in keeping to my side where I fall on the topic at hand. Hardly complaining about something expecting something to actually change. I'm merely engaging in casual discussion as per the rules of the forum.
SpooksNov 17, 2015 2:19 PM
Nov 17, 2015 2:16 PM

Jun 2008
Red_Keys said:
Idk why anybody is making a big deal out of this.

It's a crime when SJWs criticize already existing comics/video games/movies/whatever, because "they should go make their own". And then when somebody does make their own, it's still a huge travesty.

I'm not interested in a comic book about a woman who's power is.. being fat. So, to deal with my little dilemma, I'm not going to read it.

Damn, problem solved.

No one is disagreeing with that. We are just commenting because the op made a thread. Is not like we will make a huge anti fat acceptance comic heroes movement and send letters to the publishing company complaining or to the bookstores to stop selling it like the SJW's and feminist are doing with our things.
Nov 17, 2015 2:16 PM

Mar 2008
Rat said:

Idk, why is she named Anna for example?
Oh I see what you mean now. No its not that. Ana and Mia are terms used for anorexia and bulimia. I forgot its spelled with just one n not two.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ana%2Fmia

Several of my friends have had anorexia so im quite familiar with the term.
traedNov 17, 2015 2:26 PM
Nov 17, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
Monad said:

No one is disagreeing with that. We are just commenting because the op made a thread. Is not like we will make a huge anti fat acceptance comic heroes movement and send letters to the publishing company complaining or to the bookstores to stop selling it like the SJW's and feminist are doing with our things.

Nov 17, 2015 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Pacifica_Ocean said:

I like discussions and debates that I feel I can learn from, but this thread just seems like a rant to me, if anything else.
I don't disagree with you that characters shouldn't just exist in order to "represent" a minority group. They should still be well developed characters in their own right, instead of simply existing to try and push some agenda.
...But then what? What else is there to discuss?

This just doesn't seem like one of those topics that's open-ended enough to me.

Still more open-ended that the tone "of what is your favorite drink" or "what time do you wake up" threads.
Nov 17, 2015 2:30 PM

Sep 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:
You're wrong im expressing an opinion and following up with that opinion when faced with opposing views its called generating a discussion thats why i post threads to help the forum generate discussions beyond things like "do you like clouds" or "have you taken a shit today". Thats what we're here to do remember. Maybe as OP you don't believe in the original poster taking sides in the topic they post but thats your way not my own. I find a topic of interest I have an opinion on. I post that topic so others can share their thoughts and I stick to my own opinions whilst discussing with others hence casual discussion. Casual back and forth. The thread really would go nowhere if everyone was on the side opinion and nobody debated both sides wouldn't it.

someone expresses an opposing view its my job as op to counter point to generate the discussion. If everyone just listed their personal opinion and then never talked to each other or debated sides on topic it would be a listing thread wouldn't it. you following?

you see you assume because I continue to back up my argument and follow on with it I must be heavily invested in the actual topic we're discussing and must emotionally and personally have a strong connection with the subject. Thats not how debate team worked in school im afraid. They give you a subject, its your job to argue your side. Thats the fun of it, I assumed its why we all go on CD to enjoy a good debate on anything.

Second, all your threads are question threads and anyone could easily claim the pointlessness of those, the relevance of say the:

If you suddenly had an extra room in your house, what would you do with it? thread.

Could be questioned as been pointless generally people only show up to post if they actually want to discuss the topic at hand. What topics interest you are purely subjective. The only difference in our threads is you ask a question then put your point across during the discussion. I put my point up in the OP with the topic so people know where i fall on the topic i posted for the forum to debate then I carry on by joining in keeping to my side where I fall on the topic at hand. Hardly complaining about something expecting something to actually change. I'm merely engaging in casual discussion as per the rules of the forum.

That's not it, it's your tone when expressing your opinions that gives me the feeling you're offended. I could be wrong of course, but that's just the impression I'm getting from your posts.

Hey now, not all of my threads are like that. :c I still like to ask questions that incite some kind of thought though, instead of simple "do you like [insert something here]" threads.

You could have explained all that a lot more concisely, but I mostly get your point, except for the "keeping to my side" part. That's fair enough, but do you not start debate topics with the intent of perhaps learning something new?
Nov 17, 2015 2:39 PM

May 2014
We need a overweight acne-ridden otakuman who saves the internet by making edgy internet posts so we all know loud and clear his opinion so he can find validation in himself for once, so you'll have a good hero to relate too ^-^
Nov 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:

That's not it, it's your tone when expressing your opinions that gives me the feeling you're offended. I could be wrong of course, but that's just the impression I'm getting from your posts.

Tone can say many things, just because I may seem to be filled with hot burning passion for the topic at hand just means I really enjoy talking about things. Someone gives me a topic on volcanic rocks even though Ive never thought about volcanic rocks before or cared I can still read up and get into a meaty talk on them because anything can be interesting (almost). In which case im sure someone will accuse me of been too invested in volcanic rocks for really getting into talking about Basalt (which turns out is one of the most common of volcanic rocks hmmm)

SnugglyWhuggly said:
but do you not start debate topics with the intent of perhaps learning something new?

I don't know why I start topics I find something I have an opinion on and I want to see what everyone else thinks about it. Then I get wrapped up in the back and forth. I can't hide that I have a certain view on those topics, getting it across why is part of the fun.

Anyway finishing back on tone I'm from the north, that tone is friendly convo around here. I'd hate to see what you think of me If I were really invested.

(If you haven't guessed im even enjoying this)

Temmie said:
We need a overweight acne-ridden otakuman who saves the internet by making edgy internet posts so we all know loud and clear his opinion so he can find validation in himself for once, so you'll have a good hero to relate too ^-^

Ohh aren't women mean </3 so quick to go for a mans character or looks. Well some mens looks I happen to be the opposite to all those things, nature was most kind ;)
Nov 17, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2014
Pacifica_Ocean said:

Ohh aren't women mean </3 so quick to go for a mans character or looks. Well some mens looks I happen to be the opposite to all those things, nature was most kind ;)

easy there tiger
Nov 17, 2015 2:57 PM
Sep 2013
I like how her love interest is some ripped buff dude with 0% body fat. Fat acceptance! (For women, anyway)
Nov 17, 2015 2:58 PM
Sep 2013

Maybe they should make a sequel about you
Tumblr otherkin teenage feminist-man
Superpowers: sobbing projection, and the ability to create safe spaces (+3 DEF against words on the internet)
GodAndTheBearNov 17, 2015 3:35 PM
Nov 17, 2015 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
Anyway I looked more into it, trawled some sites and finally buried away in an article I managed to find out her super power for those that might be curious. She can fly, I think thats it though.

anyway I enjoy this line for no specific reason

In the comics, Faith proves that curvy girls are happy girls, wearing her confidence on her Spandex sleeve and toting a hunky boyfriend.

Nothing stands out to me, really.
I'm glad there's no double standards.

Temmie said:

easy there tiger

Nov 17, 2015 3:03 PM

Apr 2015
Is her superpower capable of keeping her fat forever or does she not burn calories fighting crime?
Nov 17, 2015 3:07 PM
Sep 2013
Tylaen said:
Is her superpower capable of keeping her fat forever or does she not burn calories fighting crime?

Her super power is not being able to run for 3 minutes
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

35 by MalchikRepaid »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 4 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
51 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

67 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

28 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.