Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2015 5:03 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well I realised early on this wasn't gonna have any conclusive ending, but still pretty lame end. What did he miss all five bonus shots? They could have shown it with just one page too. Ring was a pretty interesting concept, plus the gags made it feel a bit more fresh than other sports series. Too bad we couldn't see it develop more.
Dec 15, 2019 3:14 AM

May 2015
It sucks that Shima couldn't finish this manga the way he probably had in mind. But for having to cut it short, I think he handled it pretty well. This manga was a pretty interesting sports concept and I could see it going to at least 100 chapters if not a bit more. It wouldn't have been anything amazing like Toriko is, but it would still be enjoyable. The comedy was good, but sometimes it was a little too much for me. The same goes for Natsu's behavior. I'm sure over time he would have matured and really became a formidable player. This manga was really similar in writing style to Slam Dunk in many ways. Even the ending was similar as
Natsu was able to do a victory shot in a match and show some potential for greatness, although he missed all the bonus shots and lost the game. At least he looked decent with his buzzed cut.
All in all, for what Shima was able to accomplish here, I'd give a 7/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ring Chapter 23 Discussion

zomik - Dec 15, 2019

0 by zomik »»
Dec 15, 2019 2:32 AM

Poll: » Ring Chapter 22 Discussion

zomik - Dec 15, 2019

0 by zomik »»
Dec 15, 2019 1:23 AM

Poll: » Ring Chapter 21 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Nov 14, 2015

1 by zomik »»
Dec 15, 2019 12:55 AM

Poll: » Ring Chapter 20 Discussion

1 by zomik »»
Dec 15, 2019 12:27 AM

Poll: » Ring Chapter 19 Discussion

1 by zomik »»
Dec 14, 2019 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.