Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 13, 2020 5:29 AM
Dec 2017
Yeah, there's just no denying that this episode is weird. BUT, it gave us a lot of useful information so I don't mind.
Jan 7, 2021 12:20 AM
Sep 2019
Me before the ep: Oh boy.. We are going to see some deep psychological shit...

After 24 mins*
Me: What?
Director: what?
Jan 10, 2021 8:35 AM
Mar 2018
there are ways to keep viewers interested during an info dump episode and ways not to keep them interested.

this episode definitely applies to the latter.

(also, are we just meant to ignore that the rest of the city was watching this broadcast, too? some weird logic there.)
Jan 13, 2021 2:22 AM

Nov 2017
the episode wasn't that bad tbh. It might have been a little odd but it did give us some important information and all in all, it was really fun
Jun 1, 2021 4:37 PM
Jan 2019
How did they end up on the game show?? Where they kidnapped? Did they sign up? Where exactly is the show being hosted? Why would they expect Vincent to know about Proxy One? Why did they break the 4th wall by using the title song as a question, and why does Vincent know that song?

Unanswered questions and a loss of immersion is all I got from this episode. Had my face contorted with frustration and confusion. It was painful.
Jun 7, 2021 6:08 PM

Mar 2018
Just as I said this show was doing a good job with episodes that divert away from the story literally last episode, it goes and does this...why???

I didn't even bother trying to watch this after I realized they were sticking with this game show for the whole episode. I was damn near feeling like I was gonna give this show a 9 before this abomination came right up and ruined it lol.

I honestly could care less about the potential info dump I may have missed as there are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better ways to info dump than whatever this is...yikes...

At this rate I'm just gonna pretend this episode doesn't exist for the sake of this anime.
Celest__Jun 7, 2021 6:15 PM
Jul 10, 2021 3:03 AM

Aug 2019
a lot of butthurt folks in this thread lmao, it was a fun little episode
Jul 21, 2021 10:43 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. It's actually not a filler episode, but more of a history and revealed us a lot of hidden backstories

What's the title of this song? HAHAHA Love it!

I actually think MCQ is a proxy and he did set this up when he captured both Re-L and Pino.

So we get to know that the original Proxy was Proxy One.

We have Judgement Day which reset the world.
Spaceship is Boomerang Star

So many Science based questions.

MCQ has no problems dying on his last show XD
Sep 13, 2021 2:42 AM
Jun 2014
Both creative yet lazy way to drop exposition.

Really liked episodes 11-14, and thought that a show that keeps things as vague as this would come up with a more subtle way of dropping a bunch of info that should have been revealed in the actual show rather than an omnipotent game show host just telling it to us.

I still laughed at Re-Ls reactions to pretty much everything in this episode and I have started really liking the main trio and their dynamic.

But this definitely feels like a case of "Oh shit we haven't given nearly enough info or even hints or context on a ton of story elements, lets shove them all into a filler"
Sep 13, 2021 12:18 PM

Aug 2015
Imagine watching this episode and thinking that it is a filler episode. Some of you should pay more attention at what you watch.

I don't think this was the best way to tell all this information, but it was very relevant.
Oct 1, 2021 10:33 AM
Nov 2020
"What is the name of this song?"

Best cut to intro of the entire series.
Oct 14, 2021 4:33 AM

Feb 2020
Wait a second why are there so many people saying this episode was useless ? I thought it was very important, and very interesting as well. We got a lot of informations, some psychological study for Vincent, a link between this episode and the actual events... I also found the audience being full of Autoreiv and the host dying with the end of his show to be pretty clever.
Okay it's not te best episode ever, but it was still good, after all Ergo Proxy has always been very unconventional in its narration.

One thing though, I hope we'll get some explanations about how the characters even found themselves in such situation. Then again this show never really explains these kind of things so I shouldn't hope too much.
Dec 28, 2021 10:45 AM

Sep 2017
What a strange episode. It's a very creative way to do an info dump, but at the same time it's still just a massive info dump which could have been done in more subtle ways. This kinda feels like the writers were like "well shit we need/want to give the audience more history of this world we created. How can we pull this off as quick as possible?" A lot of the information provided probably isn't necessary tbh but it's fine to know. Anyway it was still entertaining and certainly better than your typical low effort exposit.
Jan 21, 2022 9:15 PM

May 2019
LOL the most stupid way to provide background info in a filler episode.

thanks God the pre-2008's anime direction style is over.

and wtf the amount of "i'm 14 and this was genius" users here. Anything stupid is amazing for these people, as long its unusual.
Feb 2, 2022 12:11 PM
Jun 2021
The way it cut from "I'm about to die right now" (cheering) to the Radiohead ending just killed me LOL
Jul 10, 2022 11:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well yeah it was used to give a lot of information but the format was too weird and unexpected that I could hardly concentrate on what was going on... definitely the worst episode so far
Sep 12, 2022 12:55 PM

May 2018
Well... I guess that was one way to give us some lore
Nov 18, 2022 1:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah I'm skipping this one lol. If I'm somehow missing out on important plot points (ngl though, the actual plot, whatever it is of this whole series, doesn't feel very grounded to me), or just plain fun, lmk ig. Although I probably won't bother coming back here anyway tbh

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 1, 2022 5:56 PM
Aug 2021
What the hell was this episode? So weird.
Mar 22, 2023 5:40 PM

Apr 2016
For whatever reason, there's no discussion forum for this episode? To be completely honest, I thought this episode was kind of a buzz kill. I thought Pino was funny and I understand the point of this episode is comic relief, but I felt like something was really building the past 2 episodes... Kind of killed the vibe...
Apr 23, 2023 11:02 AM
Apr 2023
Filler but informative. Liked the concept of presenting the needed info to the viewers through a quiz show
Aug 10, 2023 12:33 AM
Jan 2022
Probably one of the funniest ways to drop lore I've ever seen.

Aug 10, 2023 6:50 AM
Aug 2023
Fumiteru_Uzumaki said:
Filler but informative. Liked the concept of presenting the needed info to the viewers through a quiz show

Learn what filler means before talking nonsense.
Sep 26, 2023 3:14 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Bakopla
Fumiteru_Uzumaki said:

Learn what filler means before talking nonsense.
@Bakopla Aye, fellow pillock. Gibberish's fluidity is what makes sense relevant to you.
Nov 18, 2023 5:50 PM

Nov 2020
The game show episode is a good way to expo dump. I think its weird because the show feels like it just started with episode 11. The previous episode just feel like setup. Also i dont think the game show is too out of place, the gang is in the processe of exploring abadoned ruins of humanity, they were just at a abadoned convience store last episode
Dec 8, 2023 3:35 PM

Dec 2022
What a load of bullshit this episode is.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 24, 2023 11:13 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to Archean-Return
What a load of bullshit this episode is.
@Archean-Return

Like your brain, go back to pantsu shit anime.
Dec 24, 2023 11:22 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome episode, very interesting and well-crafted. They are telling us the story of this apocalyptic world, the way they choose it is very cool and (maybe) original.

I see many comments: wtf was this, is this filler? etc
At this point you should drop this show and go back to your shitty pantsu trash anime and forget this, is not for you.
Mar 13, 7:51 AM
Nov 2020
Wow this filler is really, really bad. The humor doesn't hit either, I guess it compliments the shows boring characters. Easily worst episode so far. I love the world that these characters are apart of but not the characters themselves, show disappoints me
Mar 13, 7:53 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Pain_The_Kami
Awesome episode, very interesting and well-crafted. They are telling us the story of this apocalyptic world, the way they choose it is very cool and (maybe) original.

I see many comments: wtf was this, is this filler? etc
At this point you should drop this show and go back to your shitty pantsu trash anime and forget this, is not for you.
@Pain_The_Kami You're the average toxic anime fan "If you have a opinion on the internet about my favorite anime, fuck you" Grow up
Mar 13, 8:01 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to llamav
@Pain_The_Kami You're the average toxic anime fan "If you have a opinion on the internet about my favorite anime, fuck you" Grow up
@llamav

The irony in this post is impeccable.

And you should learn what filler really means intead of using the word in a wrong meaning.
VanhibikiMar 13, 8:05 AM
Mar 15, 2:37 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to llamav
@llamav Ok looser, go touch some grass.
Mar 15, 2:58 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Pain_The_Kami
@llamav Ok looser, go touch some grass.
@Pain_The_Kami Ergo Proxy and FM as your favorites lmao L taste
Mar 16, 4:14 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to llamav
@Pain_The_Kami Ergo Proxy and FM as your favorites lmao L taste
@llamav Say the looser with one piece and naruto full of fillers
Mar 16, 8:27 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Pain_The_Kami
@llamav Say the looser with one piece and naruto full of fillers
@Pain_The_Kami Then dont watch fillers moron, watch the main plot
Mar 17, 2:52 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to llamav
@Pain_The_Kami Then dont watch fillers moron, watch the main plot
@llamav Still here looser? I told you go touch some grass.
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Pain_The_Kami
@llamav Still here looser? I told you go touch some grass.
@Pain_The_Kami Touch this block
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - Jun 7, 2008

100 by llamav »»
Mar 7, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.