Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 9, 2015 5:58 PM

Apr 2008
XPwnDEnd said:
Alright, this was a nice chapter to set things back to how such a big arc should be. It was bothering me that Fairy Tail was the only guild involved so far in this war.

Badd not actually getting knocked out yet is good too since the way his robot was beaten just wasn't going to cut it.

Look at it this way. His remote control toys gave the gang this much trouble.
Nov 9, 2015 6:13 PM
Apr 2015
Darklight0303 said:

Because they we're morrons and no one taught of the simplest of solution of switching opponent until after they we're half beaten to death ._.

Also, now they know his tricks, he's not THAT much of a threat anymore, unless he's got some hidden power, that of course he will have. On one-on-one he's pretty deadly, I will admit that, but against a group he's mostly ''useless'' in a way.
Nov 9, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
ChibiRico8 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Because they we're morrons and no one taught of the simplest of solution of switching opponent until after they we're half beaten to death ._.

Also, now they know his tricks, he's not THAT much of a threat anymore, unless he's got some hidden power, that of course he will have. On one-on-one he's pretty deadly, I will admit that, but against a group he's mostly ''useless'' in a way.

If he can make that cannon from thin air then I'm pretty sure he has a huge arsenal at his disposal. Plus you have to consider that through his toys he got a taste of the fighting skill and levels of several people which means he can make adjustments or pick better tools.
Darklight0303Nov 9, 2015 6:17 PM
Nov 9, 2015 6:58 PM
Jul 2015
Ramkec said:
rapidcif said:
Answer this question for me truthfully: Is that how you think her role is going to end?

but if she was captured "cause they caught her lacking" she probably won't participate anymore in the war, and will end up joining FT at the end.

So you realllly think that's a possibility? That Brandish was defeated by a mere gag and now she won't participate and will join FT. Yes or no.
Nov 9, 2015 8:39 PM

Oct 2015
Very good chapter but fairly predictable (for better or worse) It'd be ridiculous if other guilds just sit there doing nothing when the entire continent is facing a serious threat.

Hopefully Kagura doesn't get trolled this time!
Nov 10, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
Now lets hope Ichiya does not get anymore screen time, seriously...I want to see Laxus, Mira or Gajeel kicking some ass. :/
Nov 10, 2015 2:37 AM

Mar 2014
Yay!
Nov 10, 2015 3:51 AM

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
ChibiRico8 said:

If he can make that cannon from thin air then I'm pretty sure he has a huge arsenal at his disposal. Plus you have to consider that through his toys he got a taste of the fighting skill and levels of several people which means he can make adjustments or pick better tools.

Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with how he's panning out, especially after my initial disappointment (though I probably should've thought more about this possibility). After those robots, that canon was a nice welcome dose of what this guy has in store for this war. Though those robots overall were easily solved, the fact that they potentially gained info for him is pretty significant if this aspect is used later on in the war.
Nov 10, 2015 4:23 AM

Jun 2008
SpaceCaptKatsura said:
CookingPriest said:

She came in spent time in a bath with lucy and then got knocked unconscious by lucy and cana.
Her role so far has been that of a freaking comedy gag.
she obviously let herself be captured you dumb twit

Maybe but is no exactly certain. She may really have just been careless because of her silly character.
Ether way is irrelevant because even if she was truly careless this isn't the end of her. She will get up and she will cause shit to happen. Ether Fairy Tail will have to fight her hard or she will end up helping them. Depends on her connection with Lucy's mother and her views on Zeref etc.

Ramkec said:
rapidcif said:
Answer this question for me truthfully: Is that how you think her role is going to end?

Depends on the outcome of how did she got captured, if it was on purpose, then we still don't know, nor do we know her full power, but if she was captured "cause they caught her lacking" she probably won't participate anymore in the war, and will end up joining FT at the end.

Nope even if she was truly captured she will definitely participate in the war whether is on the side of Fairy Tail or not.
Thinking that she may not participate later on in some way only means you still haven't understood how stories go and people who write them think.
MonadNov 10, 2015 4:28 AM
Nov 10, 2015 4:29 AM

Apr 2008
XPwnDEnd said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with how he's panning out, especially after my initial disappointment (though I probably should've thought more about this possibility). After those robots, that canon was a nice welcome dose of what this guy has in store for this war. Though those robots overall were easily solved, the fact that they potentially gained info for him is pretty significant if this aspect is used later on in the war.

Exactly. Combat data and information is the worst thing you could give to someone like Wahl
Nov 10, 2015 5:06 AM

Oct 2011
TogameCheerio said:
Very good chapter but fairly predictable (for better or worse) It'd be ridiculous if other guilds just sit there doing nothing when the entire continent is facing a serious threat.

Hopefully Kagura doesn't get trolled this time!

It's predictable but also very welcome since everyone was waiting for the other guilds to join the war.
Back in Tartaros arc they were treating to destroy MAGIC of the entire world, but for some reason nobody but Fairy Tail did something, Blue Pegasus and Sabertooth appeared but didn't do anything major.

This time Mashima is showing us how strong the Spriggans really are and that they're not just talk, hence why the 3Kings and Makarov were so nervous about them, Ishigar will literally need every help possible, there's no room for people sleeping around anymore.

From the powers that we've seen so far,
Brandish, shrinks an entire island
Azir, sandstorms an entire city
Wahl, creates/summons a cannon with an attack range of more than 400KM, not to mention the speed that blast traveled.

If there's something about Hades or Mard Geer that can compare against these, I want someone to point out, because I don't remember them being this strong.
Nov 10, 2015 5:56 AM
Oct 2013
-ZET- said:

If there's something about Hades or Mard Geer that can compare against these, I want someone to point out, because I don't remember them being this strong.

Memento Mori from Mard Geer was killing everything in a huge vincinity and could only be countered via plot device, aka Gray sacrificing his arm to the curse or something, because tbh the ability is a plot device itself.
In video games a la final fantasy those instakill abilitities (which Hiro is mimicking) have low hit chances or do not work against bosses making them somewhat niche in their usage and therefore balanced so that they don´t break the game.Even back in Rave there was a character that used such an abilitiy and they countered with a plot device too, as instakill attacks are unblockable, through regular means and do not care whatever attack you send out against them, which Hiro always makes clear before it gets used.

For Hades there is the mention of Grimoire Law and the fact that he was essentially immortal because of his plot device Lacryma. Again he was just beaten because of a hidden weakness, yet his capabilities were huge and they never went toe to toe with him, because he was regenerating any damage back.
IsterioNov 10, 2015 6:00 AM
Nov 10, 2015 9:30 AM
May 2015
Loved.
Spriggan 12 are realy something, they will really need for everyone to help then. I hope the wizards saints go for there too.
So not even Erza could fight a 1 to 1 battle against spriggans, and that's awesome, it shows us how strong they are. I honestly think that the only FT members who can fight a 1 to 1 battle against a spriggan and won are Gildarts, Laxus and Natsu (Yeah, Natsu, you read it right. You can call that the "protagonism" power, and he become powerfull just because he is the protagonist, and I agree with you, but it doesn't change the fact he is freaking OP right now).
But what I really hopes is from Brandish fight. Of course is not her end yet, and her power is amazing, she can change the mass of things, that means she can reduce an attack to size of a insect. After all she said about Layla, probably Lucy and Cana will fight her for real sometime, so Fairy Glitter may be the final attack against her.
Nov 10, 2015 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
Durekan said:

But what I really hopes is from Brandish fight. Of course is not her end yet, and her power is amazing, she can change the mass of things, that means she can reduce an attack to size of a insect. After all she said about Layla, probably Lucy and Cana will fight her for real sometime, so Fairy Glitter may be the final attack against her.
Nov 11, 2015 7:28 AM

Jul 2015
So now every guild will finally unite with Fairy Tail? Well took them long enough...
Nov 11, 2015 8:39 AM

Aug 2014
I really want to see Dimaria in action soon.
Nov 11, 2015 10:19 PM

Mar 2015
I knew reinforcements will come.
Nov 14, 2015 9:26 AM

Oct 2011
Isterio said:
Memento Mori from Mard Geer was killing everything in a huge vincinity and could only be countered via plot device, aka Gray sacrificing his arm to the curse or something, because tbh the ability is a plot device itself.
In video games a la final fantasy those instakill abilitities (which Hiro is mimicking) have low hit chances or do not work against bosses making them somewhat niche in their usage and therefore balanced so that they don´t break the game.Even back in Rave there was a character that used such an abilitiy and they countered with a plot device too, as instakill attacks are unblockable, through regular means and do not care whatever attack you send out against them, which Hiro always makes clear before it gets used.

For Hades there is the mention of Grimoire Law and the fact that he was essentially immortal because of his plot device Lacryma. Again he was just beaten because of a hidden weakness, yet his capabilities were huge and they never went toe to toe with him, because he was regenerating any damage back.

While both Hades and Mard Geer are really strong they really don't compare to the Spriggans.

Hades depended too much on his Demon Heart, while the Spriggans are simply strong by nature(at least until now)

Mard Geers' "Memento Mori" like you said it's a plot device itself but no way it compares to Sand World, the scale of the two are completely different, Memento
Mori scale was a little bit larger than the guild base or something like that, while Sand World enveloped the entire city.

I mean, the Spriggans powers will probably be too overpowered like you said, similar to FF attacks, because if Brandish power can be taken by what we've seen, she really could literally shrink the entire city or shrink everybody in the city and just step on them,

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think both are weak or something like that, but I'm just surprised to how strong the Spriggans are compared to those 2, hence why they keep being overhyped to be on a complete different level than anything before, and we still have yet to see the rest of them and their actual fights.

Hopefully Hiro will bring some actual logic behind of how to counter the Spriggans and not some BS thing like "the power of will".
Sep 25, 2016 7:23 AM

Jan 2016
so Badd wasnt his real form, damn wonder what his real magic is, looking good tho, Wahl icht. aww poor bixlow , ever , freed.. ._.
Ichiya using the Christina as a shield to block that magical cannon attack. (crazy looking but BAMN ! )
The rest of the guilds from the Grand Magic Games and hopefully everyone else as well got the words are going to help. :'DDDD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 6, 2017 4:10 AM

Dec 2014
welll Ichiya stole this episode again
Aug 15, 2018 10:49 AM

Feb 2013
That robot wasn't his main body, that's not good.
Reinforcements arrived!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.