Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 8, 2015 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
People created god. God is made in their own image.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
God created us . That's what people think ,

but it's human beings who have created the belief in God .
Nov 8, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
Thebigofan said:

Then what about the gods who are so distinct from humans? How do you think those came about, huh?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 8, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
God does not exist. They are fictional characters, that scared people make up.
Nov 8, 2015 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
Vinston said:
Humans did.
Nov 8, 2015 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Thebigofan said:

Then what about the gods who are so distinct from humans? How do you think those came about, huh?

Just as made up as other fictional characters.
Nov 8, 2015 12:29 PM

Sep 2013
people get inspiration from reality to create their fictional characters tho

try imagining a color you've never seen, no you can't

Nov 8, 2015 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
militrix said:
people get inspiration from reality to create their fictional characters tho

try imagining a color you've never seen, no you can't

Someone saw an old, wise dude, and made a Gary Stu OC out of him. Case closed.
Nov 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
yeahhhh right

Nov 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
RedRoseFring said:

Really? Didn't we go down this road before? Then how do you suppose these people came up with ideas more than 4000 years ahead of their time? How do you suppose for instance they arrived at timelessness when we are only just realizing the implications of dimensions beyond space-time?

That's a lot of faith you are putting in these people's supposed ingenuity, dare I say maybe more so than anything you could possibly muster. Were they just that much smarter than you?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 8, 2015 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
CondemneDio said:

Really? Didn't we go down this road before? Then how do you suppose these people came up with ideas more than 4000 years ahead of their time? How do you suppose for instance they arrived at timelessness when we are only just realizing the implications of dimensions beyond space-time?

That's a lot of faith you are putting in these people's supposed ingenuity, dare I say maybe more so than anything you could possibly muster. Were they just that much smarter than you?

Oh boy...
Somebody just wrote/made up some fictional things while high on something. It is just as easy as that.
Nov 8, 2015 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
yes in fact this is how the pyramids were made too

they were made by people who got high

Nov 8, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
militrix said:
yes this in fact this is how the pyramids were made too

...? You should quote, it gets confusing when you can't tell what you're answering to.
Nov 8, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
RedRoseFring said:

Oh boy...
Somebody just wrote/made up some fictional things while high on something. It is just as easy as that.

That position never ceases to be amusing. It is too scary to face the idea head on, so it is just dismissed without any actual substance because the cognitive faculties required to face it head on are too demanding.

It's as charming as those who thought Einstein was just making stuff up.........until it turned out to the contrary.
Then again, he does give the impression of being high on occasion.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 8, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:

Oh boy...

That position never ceases to be amusing. It is too scary to face the idea head on, so it is just dismissed without any actual substance because the cognitive faculties required to face it head on are too demanding.

It's as charming as those who thought Einstein was just making stuff up.........until it turned out to the contrary.

I'm gonna ask you the same question; are you scared that your holy book may just be the raving of a drunken madman? :)
I have nothing to fear from a dusty book.
Nov 8, 2015 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
uh realizing who i am talking to should be as obvious as that everything is made up

Nov 8, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
RedRoseFring said:

I'm gonna ask you the same question; are you scared that your holy book may just be the raving of a drunken madman? :)

No. So I turn the question on you: are you scared that there may be more to said book?
After all, I'm the one facing both positions head on. You're the one running away from one because the implications may be too scary for you.

Do not worry. Fear is a common enough reason for people of said position to avoid discourse. Fear has always been a lazy excuse to dismiss ideas, so it's no surprise it is employed in this case ;)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 8, 2015 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
CondemneDio said:

No. So I turn the question on you: are you scared that they may be more to said book?
After all, I'm the one facing both positions head on. You're the one running away from one because the implications may be too scary for you.

Do not worry. Fear is a common enough reason for people of said position to avoid discourse. Fear has always been a lazy excuse to dismiss ideas, so it's no surprise it is employed in this case ;)

I answered your question already; no, I am not afraid of it. I know it's just fiction.
Accusing me of running away, while using religion as a safety-net yourself is certainly amusing.

Glad to hear you accept your own fear. With a god like that, you have reasons.
Nov 8, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:

You're obviously running away because your answer is empty:

"It's fiction because I know it is."
That won't get you far on any solid reasoning, especially when asked the question of how people could posit an idea millennia ahead of its time, when it even still remains beyond comprehension.

How about actually facing the question head on? Is it that scary? You did avoid it before.
You could even try for a safe route and say "they just got lucky", even though such an answer would be equally as lacking, at least it would hint at honesty at being flabbergasted.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 8, 2015 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:

That won't get you far on any solid reasoning, especially when asked the question of how people could posit an idea millennia ahead of its time, when it even still remains beyond comprehension.

How about actually facing the question head on? Is it that scary? You did avoid it before.
You could even try for a safe route and say "they just got lucky", even though such an answer would be equally as lacking, at least it would hint at honesty at being flabbergasted.

I have no reasons to believe in what you believe. You can not give any "solid reasoning" for the existence of a god. What is this " idea millennia ahead of its time" you keep talking about? Thoughts on the idea of time and/or matter?

I have faced the question before. I found my answer. Religion is toxic. God is not real. Bible is a lie.
Nov 8, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
RedRoseFring said:

I have no reasons to believe in what you believe. You can not give any "solid reasoning" for the existence of a god. What is this " idea millennia ahead of its time" you keep talking about? Thoughts on the idea of time and/or matter?

I have faced the question before. I found my answer. Religion is toxic. God is not real. Bible is a lie.

I'm not looking for you to believe what I believe. Obviously that won't happen over the Interwebs. I am simply asking you a question that you are avoiding either for fearful or unknown reasons.
And yes, it was in reference to the space-time issue.

I also agree that religion is toxic.....just like anything else humans get their hands on, so what would be your solution? Get rid of the humans who are inevitably the root issue or go with another system that would end up being just as toxic?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 8, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:

I'm not looking for you to believe what I believe. Obviously that won't happen over the Interwebs. I am simply asking you a question that you are avoiding either for fearful or unknown reasons.

I also agree that religion is toxic.....just like anything else humans get their hands on, so what would be your solution? Get rid of the humans who are inevitably the root issue or go with another system that would end up being just as toxic?

What's your reason to believing people from that time period couldn't have understood these things without a divine intervention? The thought that people back then were stupid?

Go with another system, that is universal (as in, affects all humans) that emphasizes the good points of humankind, and rejects the bad ones. Sounds like fiction, and will probably be never achievable. Still better than putting your "faith" into the hands of a non-existent being.
Nov 8, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
RedRoseFring said:

What's your reason to believing people from that time period couldn't have understood these things without a divine intervention? The thought that people back then were stupid?

Go with another system, that is universal (as in, affects all humans) that emphasizes the good points of humankind, and rejects the bad ones. Sounds like fiction, and will probably be never achievable. Still better than putting your "faith" into the hands of a non-existent being.

There's actually a couple of reasons; no one was searching for it in the first place, not even indirectly, so it goes beyond mere serendipity.
It wasn't just radical in its appearance, but also in its distinction from virtually every other practice of the time.
The fact that it is streamlined (to an extent) with present understandings that people could not even begin to consider at the time.
Also the fact that it bore no known significant advantages for the person who purported it. In fact, it was the opposite.
The location and the historical consequences that followed also bears mentioning.
Stupidity hardly plays a part in it, as I am not as quick as others to condemn our ancestors simply because they were ignorant of things we know today. Stupidity is still very much present nowadays as well.

You're right, your suggestion does sound like fiction and rightfully so.
I disagree that it is better than putting faith in a non-existent being because the outcome would be the same. Those are both untenable positions.
What would be better is putting faith in an existent being, especially one deserving of it by...you know....creating everything that exists, hence my position.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 8, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:

There's actually a couple of reasons; no one was searching for it in the first place, not even indirectly, so it goes beyond mere serendipity.
It wasn't just radical in its appearance, but also in its distinction from virtually every other practice of the time.
The fact that it is streamlined (to an extent) with present understandings that people could not even begin to consider at the time.
Also the fact that it bore no known significant advantages for the person who purported it. In fact, it was the opposite.
The location and the historical consequences that followed also bears mentioning.

I disagree that it is better than putting faith in a non-existent being because the outcome would be the same. Those are both untenable positions.
What would be better is putting faith in an existent being, especially one deserving of it by...you know....creating everything that exists, hence my position.

huh...
All I can say is; when you are certain of something, you learn to find reason in the weirdest of places. Your reasoning bends to reassure you are right. Everyone, who has fought for their opinions, does this (yes, even me). When another person does this from the opposing direction, you attack it.
I'm afraid we've once again reached no other conclusion, that we have differing opinions.
Nov 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
RedRoseFring said:

huh...
All I can say is; when you are certain of something, you learn to find reason in the weirdest of places. Your reasoning bends to reassure you are right. Everyone, who has fought for their opinions, does this (yes, even me). When another person does this from the opposing direction, you attack it.
I'm afraid we've once again reached no other conclusion, that we have differing opinions.

Such is life.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 8, 2015 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:

Such is life.

Indeed.
Nov 8, 2015 9:35 PM

Feb 2015
Go said:
I'm God, not one of you can deny it.

You're not God.

There. I denied it.

QED biatch.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Nov 8, 2015 9:39 PM

Jan 2015
Caelidesu said:
Go said:
I'm God, not one of you can deny it.

You're not God.

There. I denied it.

QED biatch.
of course he isnt bcoz he isnt a Serb

GOD IS A SERB
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 9, 2015 4:28 AM

May 2009
God is a man-made concept, just as religion itself is. It's something we invented as an excuse to not care about the things we have no (solid) explanation for.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2015 4:29 AM

Jan 2013
AO968 said:
God is a man-made concept, just as religion itself is. It's something we invented as an excuse to not care about the things we have no (solid) explanation for.

+1
Nov 9, 2015 4:36 AM

Aug 2015
Paella_ said:
Caelidesu said:

You're not God.

There. I denied it.

QED biatch.
of course he isnt bcoz he isnt a Serb

GOD IS A SERB

Since i'm a Serbian, i'm a God? IDEMOOO BREEE
Nov 9, 2015 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
AO968 said:

That's the opposite actually. Most religions care deeply for those supposedly unexplained phenomena, so much so that sacrifices were mandatory for certain things and following certain rules and regulations as well....if you wanted to live anyway.
There's also the contradictory caveat that it is still deeply intertwined with things we do have solid explanations for.

So you may have to come up with a better explanation to dismiss it I'm afraid.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 9, 2015 1:22 PM

May 2013
RedRoseFring said:
AO968 said:

That's the opposite actually. Most religions care deeply for those supposedly unexplained phenomena, so much so that sacrifices were mandatory for certain things and following certain rules and regulations as well....if you wanted to live anyway.
There's also the contradictory caveat that it is still deeply intertwined with things we do have solid explanations for.

He could have said originally, which would have been accurate. Now, as a species, we know so much more than some religious group in 10,000 b.c, and that group knew more than some group 10,000 years before that.

Regardless of my belief, I'd say it's man made for not one single reason. Faith however, plays a large part in religion and a belief system, and is probably the most important thing you can have here. Faith might be one of those human traits we desperately need.
Nov 9, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
khunter said:
RedRoseFring said:

He could have said originally, which would have been accurate. Now, as a species, we know so much more than some religious group in 10,000 b.c, and that group knew more than some group 10,000 years before that.

Regardless of my belief, I'd say it's man made for not one single reason. Faith however, plays a large part in religion and a belief system, and is probably the most important thing you can have here. Faith might be one of those human traits we desperately need.

Originally is just as wrong. Primitive peoples still cared very much about their practices, and they remained just as inquisitive. In fact, it is that curiosity that kept blossoming throughout history that helped us learn more and more, and religion was always part of it.

Saying it was just an explanation for unknown things they didn't care about has always been a faulty if not ignorant argument.
Faith plays a large part in everything. You can't have human interaction without faith.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 9, 2015 1:41 PM

Apr 2014
You need to believe certain things based on overwhelming proof, in the sense that nothing is ever 100% guaranteed, but you don't need faith for human interaction or anything else.
Nov 9, 2015 1:42 PM

May 2013
RedRoseFring said:
khunter said:

Originally is just as wrong. Primitive peoples still cared very much about their practices, and they remained just as inquisitive. In fact, it is that curiosity that kept blossoming throughout history that helped us learn more and more, and religion was always part of it.

Saying it was just an explanation for unknown things they didn't care about has always been a faulty if not ignorant argument.
Faith plays a large part in everything. You can't have human interaction without faith.

I agree with the last part.
First part on why a belief in god was created, not at all. Obviously. There's no real 100% know to that anyway.
Nov 11, 2015 9:11 AM

Nov 2015
Don't know. But a logical error surely gave birth to this thread.
Nov 11, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
This is why atheists can`t solve exponential equations.
MrMercedes-Nov 11, 2015 10:03 AM
Nov 11, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
The universe farted a big bang, and that's how God was born.
Nov 11, 2015 9:59 AM

Nov 2015
Yves-sama said:
This is why atheists can solve exponential equations.

So the fuck can I.
Nov 11, 2015 10:04 AM

Jun 2014
Alternate-genio said:
Yves-sama said:
This is why atheists can solve exponential equations.

So the fuck can I.

sure
Nov 11, 2015 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
khunter said:

First part on why a belief in god was created, not at all. Obviously. There's no real 100% know to that anyway.

Just because there's no way to know absolutely doesn't mean we can't exclude unlikely answers or those that just don't pan out.
Crediting it only to a way for explanations is one of those that is faulty because it was also applied to things people could explain and they cared very much about that.

People may try to come up with a myriad of answers, but most naturalistic ones tend to fail.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 26, 2015 5:49 AM
Nov 2015
AO968 said:

No explanation for how non made humans or man made things existed here on earth?
Do you have any explanation as supposed to how the earth is created and made the way we see things today in this current time we live in? All things by nature not man made have to have some kind of explanation or way of how and who they where crested by?
Nov 26, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2009
Vinston said:
Humans did.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 26, 2015 5:56 AM

Jan 2012
Me.

What do I win?
Nov 26, 2015 7:02 AM

Sep 2015
Whoever wrote the script for Bruce Allmighty
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child?

FruitPunchBaka - 4 hours ago

8 by Eleben »»
16 minutes ago

» How do you improve in English ( 1 2 )

DeleteMyAccPls - Feb 18, 2018

60 by Malkshake »»
36 minutes ago

» Will aliens finally appear this century? ( 1 2 )

Absurdo_N - Apr 7

53 by Hikinekomori »»
2 hours ago

» How do you feel about your digital footprint becoming your digital tombstone?

Shizuna - Yesterday

21 by pludel2 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Who were your childhood cartoon waifus? (Video Game Waifus included)

Kazu-chan-san - Dec 24, 2022

37 by Hikinekomori »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.