Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2015 3:33 PM

Aug 2015
I know Ougi refers to itself as a girl, but it was hinted earlier in the series that Ougi was a boy dressed in girls clothing (I forgot which monogatari). But in the most recent episode she said that she can be "much like a spirit possessing him." referring to araragi. So I just want to know your opinion on Ougi
Oct 24, 2015 3:43 PM
Sep 2011
Oct 24, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2014
Yuhrita said:
lmfao u really spoiled it
Oct 25, 2015 7:22 PM
Jan 2013
an Oddity born from Senjougahara's feetus after araragi forgot to pull out his peenis when they wank.
Oct 26, 2015 12:48 AM

Mar 2013
moodie said:
Yuhrita said:
still a bit safe if (or as long as) he didn't/doesn't tell the reason why.
anyways, a spoiler is a spoiler. but if OP is persistent, i would rather tell him on PM.

btw, Ougi is a boy on Hanamonogatari.

Oct 26, 2015 4:54 AM

Jul 2014

As you can see, the real deal with Ougi Oshino is that she's a student at Naoetsu Private High School. She's in her mid-teens, is unmarried, and currently resides in Japan. Thanks for writing! We'll be right back.
D-ohnutsOct 26, 2015 4:58 AM
Oct 26, 2015 6:37 AM

Feb 2015
Ougi Oshino is Ougi Oshino and there's no way to express it.
Oct 26, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
I'm 99% sure Ougi is
diegorogoOct 26, 2015 8:00 AM
Oct 26, 2015 8:07 AM

Jun 2015
diegorogo said:
I'm 99% sure Ougi is

A very interesting guess.

[spoiler]Further comment would be wrong, even in spoilers.[/spoilers]
Oct 26, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
More spoiler and i'm done XD
But a little spoiler boosts my mind so much :3
Laizel said:

You got my "thumb up"
Oct 26, 2015 3:53 PM

Nov 2013
I think Ougi is related to Araragi in someway and to Darkness. The best pice of foreshadowing on the anime is when Ougi is talking to Araragi and she turns into his Shadow!. The evidence goes further when she talks, She uses baiting manipulation. She purposely talks erroneous information to bait people with knowledge to correct her and spill the beans. I love the masterful manipulation she has displayed.

The most formidable image is from Ougi Formula, Where Ougi poses like a puppeteer behind araragi as if to mock him!.
Hayao Miyazaki was a Mistake
-Anime

Oct 27, 2015 4:56 AM

Mar 2015
A Whore
Oct 27, 2015 4:55 PM
Oct 2015
Oct 28, 2015 3:09 PM

Feb 2008
A talking mime.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Oct 31, 2015 12:59 PM

Aug 2015
raviel_ken said:
moodie said:
still a bit safe if (or as long as) he didn't/doesn't tell the reason why.
anyways, a spoiler is a spoiler. but if OP is persistent, i would rather tell him on PM.

btw, Ougi is a boy on Hanamonogatari.

Lol I'm still trying not to read it... I should have expressed that I only wanted theories.

missMenkoi said:

Thnx for the explanation... I watched Hana when it came out so I couldn't remember the exact situation
Oct 31, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
From what we've seen so far, both this arc and prior to this, as well as the references to her/him/it at the end of Nadeko Medusa, I'm almost certain she's an apparition/aberration of some sort, but it's hard to tell who or what she is actually linked to. I bet he/she/it is linked in some way to Araragi, possibly something to do with some part of his past that the anime has not yet revealed; this seems especially likely given how he/she/it seems to know everything there is to know about Araragi.
Oct 31, 2015 2:24 PM
Oct 31, 2015 2:37 PM

Feb 2014
Laizel said:

Ougi is love. Ougi is life.
Oct 31, 2015 11:43 PM

Aug 2013
I haven't read the novels or anything, but my guess is that she is an oddity created by Araragi.

She's basically an image of himself that he created in the absence of Meme because in his mind he couldn't solve everyone's problems by himself (even though he could). With Ougi, she has the same intellect and somewhat similar demeanor as Meme, so she becomes someone Araragi can be comfortable bouncing theories off of. Because she has Araragi's mind, he finds out the answers with the illusion that he got them from someone else.

Thus the apparition of Ougi is born. Since Araragi's mind is the basis of her creation, it makes sense that she has a logical background. She's Oshino's niece, who is conveniently not around so it cant be disproved. She also knows details about Oshino and all of Araragi's friends, which are all just bits of information from his mind.

Whenever he chats with her, she always knows the answers to his questions. Always saying "I don't know anything, you're the one who knows Araragi-senpai"...despite the fact that she is the one who verbally says the answers to his questions.

Also because she is an oddity, (and one derived from someone who gets rid of them) she is also good at deflecting anything that would raise suspicion against herself, and definitely has the intelligence to keep herself from being eliminated.

But that's just my theory. I see someone also mentioned that she could be the darkness that chased Mayoi, which could also be true. Or perhaps the darkness is actually connected to Araragi as well and darkness and Ougi are both connected. Who knows...
Feb 1, 2016 3:09 AM
Jun 2013
@Jonesy974 .. That's also a good theory!
Aug 22, 2016 10:49 PM
Apr 2013
At some point Ougi claims that his job is to punish liars. The black hole kind of thing that appears to erase the existence of Hachikuji Mayoi and Heart Under Blade(Shinobu) did this. When it came after Shinobu, she was acting like a god which was not exactly an oddity slayers character and hence, she was a liar. Mayoi was the lost child and was suppose to make people lose their way, she stopped doing so shortly after her encounter with Koyomi and again we see the black hole trying to erase her. Again, she was not being true to her role hence, a liar.
So maybe it is possible that Ougi is actually that black blob(I don't remember what it was called).
Aug 27, 2016 9:13 PM
May 2015
When you find out who Ougi is, you will be shocked.
Sep 9, 2016 1:33 AM
Aug 2015
I've got my own theory on who is ougi but I may be wrong.

This theory has maybe only 10% of chance to be true but... why not ? And if it comes out to be false, it would make a good creepypasta :p.

Sorry by the way for my english, it's not my native tongue.
Sep 16, 2016 9:54 AM

Feb 2013
D-ohnuts said:

As you can see, the real deal with Ougi Oshino is that she's a student at Naoetsu Private High School. She's in her mid-teens, is unmarried, and currently resides in Japan. Thanks for writing! We'll be right back.
BAHAHAHA!!!! That is amazing!!!
Sep 18, 2016 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
I've been trying to figure this out as well, but I think we need more information... at first, I was onboard with the theory that she is an oddity created by Araragi. For the most part, it's a really smart theory and it makes sense but there are some loopholes. Ougi seems to act out of her own self-interest for one. She seems to have an ultimate goal in mind, and doesn't always do anything Araragi would do or even have knowledge of.

For example, in Otorimonogatari she gives Nadeko a bunch of information without Araragi being present. She also mentions after running into Nadeko that she was trying to catch Hachikuji, which is very interesting because the Darkness was doing the same thing in Onimonogatari, but we saw Hachikuji disappear...

Ougi also appears as a boy (and forgets that she is a boy at one point) when talking to Kanbaru in Hanamonogatari. She gives Kanbaru information about the Lord Devil, which Araragi definitely has no clue about and would have no way of getting that information to Kanbaru seeing as he is far away at college at that time.

The one constant in what Ougi does is that she seems to be trying to resolve things in a way that isolates Araragi. She did it with Sodachi... Nadeko... she tried with Hanekawa but Hanekawa is a boss... etc. That's just a theory though, the only thing Ougi tells us as far as her ultimate goal is is that she wants things to be "proper" whatever that means.

So in short... Ougi is incredibly spooky and we need to get more Monogatari in a hurry to solve this completely lol.

MonogatariLSDSep 18, 2016 9:51 PM
Dec 3, 2016 9:33 PM

Aug 2016
Ougi = dank memes >:)
Mar 18, 2017 8:14 PM

May 2014
The topic is pointless, since it was answered in the second comment.
May 10, 2017 4:05 AM
Mar 2017
I´m not planning on reading the novels and since it isn´t solved in the show...spoil me with everything
you´ve got
May 16, 2017 12:49 AM

Jun 2015
harrytheprince said:
I´m not planning on reading the novels and since it isn´t solved in the show...spoil me with everything
you´ve got

The show hasn't ended, though... everything will be answered in Owarimonogatari Season 2, so I'd hold off on spoiling yourself if you haven't already. Should be a very good season!
Jun 3, 2017 11:50 PM

Apr 2016
Although Gaen supposedly "Know's Everything", she is obviously pretty stupid with respect to explaining things. If goes to say that, as she explains things, it gets even more complicated. Gaen have said a lot of garbage about Ougi in OWARI so she would appear smart but it boils down to this.

OUGI IS AN ODDITY BIRTHED BY SHINOBU THROUGH MATTER CREATION SEEDED BY ARARAGI'S SELF-CRITICISM & INNER-SELF.

Being Araragi&Shinobu's child, she inherited Shinobu's matter creation skills (a skill that can literally create anything - a bike for example), knowledge&wisdom and her personality was influenced by Araragi's inner-self.

For example, Araragi's jealousy towards Hanekawa becomes evident via Ougi's action in competing against her .

Anyway... spoiling is not actually bad, it will help you enjoy the anime more. We don't see or hear anything in LN so even if you know what is going to happen, seeing&hearing it will still excite you on a different level.

What did it look like when... or how did it sounded when... etc....

FrEaKaZoIdIaNJun 4, 2017 12:03 AM
-> It does not matter if everything else is BAD as long as the PLOT/STORY is GOOD!
-> TRAGEDIES are for MASOCHIST so count me OUT!
-> TRUTH sometimes HURTS!
-> | Reddit | FanFiction |

Jun 7, 2017 9:47 AM
Mar 2017
woodthing97 said:
Although Gaen supposedly "Know's Everything", she is obviously pretty stupid with respect to explaining things. If goes to say that, as she explains things, it gets even more complicated. Gaen have said a lot of garbage about Ougi in OWARI so she would appear smart but it boils down to this.

OUGI IS AN ODDITY BIRTHED BY SHINOBU THROUGH MATTER CREATION SEEDED BY ARARAGI'S SELF-CRITICISM & INNER-SELF.

Being Araragi&Shinobu's child, she inherited Shinobu's matter creation skills (a skill that can literally create anything - a bike for example), knowledge&wisdom and her personality was influenced by Araragi's inner-self.

For example, Araragi's jealousy towards Hanekawa becomes evident via Ougi's action in competing against her .

Anyway... spoiling is not actually bad, it will help you enjoy the anime more. We don't see or hear anything in LN so even if you know what is going to happen, seeing&hearing it will still excite you on a different level.

What did it look like when... or how did it sounded when... etc....

Thank you so much, now I finally know what ougis f***** deal is. Throughout the run of the whole show that´s released until know I always thought to myself, either reveal something about that character or make him an enemy, you can´t keep a mystery up for 2 whole seasons and expect your audience to be patient. Of course you get the gist that "it" (ougi) is a bad guy but nothing´s revealed about him/her in the anime. I hope that changes with owarimonogatari 2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.