Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 3, 2016 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
ArondightDestiny said:
Because it's being overused to the point people are sick of it. Unfortunately the market in the anime industry thrives on sex appeal and Waifu material.

I think you contradicted yourself there. You first mention how it's being overused to the point people are sick of it and then you start talking about how the anime industry relies a lot on that because you know, sex sells. How can a market rely on people who are sick of what they are trying to sell?

Oct 4, 2016 1:33 AM

Feb 2016
Whenever u want to take a break from the serious anime ecchi harem will help u a lot..u don t even have to follow the plot cause it hasn t one..obviously u can t score an ecchi as a masterpiece.. It s just pure entertainment
The only thing i hate in those anime is when they try to force tje series to be serious with some dark themes.. Wait no pls lol
Oct 4, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2014
kingfroggy said:
Whenever u want to take a break from the serious anime ecchi harem will help u a lot..u don t even have to follow the plot cause it hasn t one..obviously u can t score an ecchi as a masterpiece.. It s just pure entertainment
The only thing i hate in those anime is when they try to force tje series to be serious with some dark themes.. Wait no pls lol

Nothing gets on my nerves with Ecchi Anime more than that: trying to inject a complicated plot that ends up being a complete mess.

The characters usually have little to no personality, so why all the forced drama elements that add almost nothing? It's a bit sad when Hentai has more plot than your 12 episode Ecchi Anime Series does nowadays.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 4, 2016 2:03 AM

Aug 2016
It always seems to come down to Plot v. Boobs. And to that I saw, "Why not both?" :D
Oct 4, 2016 2:12 AM
May 2016
What one needs is entertainment and ECCHI gives entertainment, so what's wrong in it. Everything is good as long as it's fun to watch.
Oct 4, 2016 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
I don't know, why don't people like mediocrity? Ecchi anime tend to be incredibly shit. At writing, at characters, at scenarios, and capitalizes solely on boob physics. Unless its Prison School of course. You can like shit if you want to but don't get upset if people don't appreciate your sentiments. It is shit after all.
Oct 4, 2016 2:36 AM

Mar 2014
Too many people seem to think that they have to watch "good" series and forget the fact that there are many "entertaining" series as well that aren't "good".
Oct 4, 2016 3:09 AM

Apr 2011
It surprises me how few people there are pointing out the most unnerving trait of this supposed genre; how it does nothing more than sexualize and objectify the female gender. There are hundreds of anime out there with little to no plot, yet they do not necessarily have to bear sexual undertones. Now what all ecchi titles do is belittle women on their character, appearance and intelligence. That is what is wrong with it, that is why we do not like it.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Oct 4, 2016 3:20 AM

Jul 2015
@Lestat- hey true. Now that I think about it, my favs ecchis are those who don't treat women like a pair of bouncing bags following the hero.

Hmmmm... that probably makes me a SJW libtard tumblrfag for people here. Nooooooo T__T
Oct 4, 2016 3:40 AM

Sep 2014
Lestat- said:
It surprises me how few people there are pointing out the most unnerving trait of this supposed genre; how it does nothing more than sexualize and objectify the female gender. There are hundreds of anime out there with little to no plot, yet they do not necessarily have to bear sexual undertones. Now what all ecchi titles do is belittle women on their character, appearance and intelligence. That is what is wrong with it, that is why we do not like it.

Well I agree with what you are saying ofcourse, but there's so much wrong about the fake genre that is ecchi, there Isn't even a need to go into SJW territory. There is literally nothing good about the Ecchi "genre", and lets be real, it degrades all characters in such scenes, not just the boobs on legs, they're trying to pass off as woman sigh.

To all you bran dead morons out there, trying to use the BS entertainment excuse, sometimes people don't want a good/serious anime, bla, bla, bla nonsense:

This would only work if easy going comedy anime didn't exist in the first place, but when you have things like Ranma 1/2, GTO, Maison Ikkoku, Ah My Goddess, Tiger and Bunny, Tenchi Universe, Please teacher, Kyo Kara Maoh!, Kaichou wa maid sama, Fairy Tail, ect, ect, ect(never mind the fact there are many shenen anime that aren't heavy on story too).

The whole I just want entertainment excuse, doesn't work.
Oct 4, 2016 4:43 AM

Aug 2015
They're filthy casuals who need to be eradicated from this planet!
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 4, 2016 7:03 AM

Oct 2016
I don't hate ecchi, but i prefer when it is mixed with comedy and can create some funny, awkward scenes. But it's a bit annoying when it's just thrown in and creates a random, and entertaining moment.
Oct 4, 2016 7:11 AM
Jun 2014
Personally I do not hate the ecchi, he just does not have the same scoring criteria that mecha eg, unfortunately even changing the criteria, few are good.
The"'present" is a leaf floating on top of the river. It moves along with the flow from past to future.

Oct 4, 2016 7:55 AM

Sep 2016
Ecchi, the good old ecchi, make then when Berty was already shocking now we have boobs left and right without any meaning. I watched ecchi animes and I tend to note them fairly
(1-6/10). No real plot, no deep interpretation, the only work from the creators seems to be around these questions;
How can we introduce boobs in a good way?
How can we make our audience arounsed?
What kind of unique female character can we create?
Huge big or flat?
Harem?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2016
i started to hate ecchi after mom caught me while i fap to them
Oct 5, 2016 12:24 PM

Aug 2015
FlamingMangos said:
ArondightDestiny said:
Because it's being overused to the point people are sick of it. Unfortunately the market in the anime industry thrives on sex appeal and Waifu material.

I think you contradicted yourself there. You first mention how it's being overused to the point people are sick of it and then you start talking about how the anime industry relies a lot on that because you know, sex sells. How can a market rely on people who are sick of what they are trying to sell?

We have many complaining about it but it continues to exploited because the viewers that actually put out money to buy the merchandise continues the trend. Of course it sounds like a contradiction. Perhaps what I should really be saying is that other people who dislike ecchi or heavy on fan service anime want it to slow down in favor of more substance in their anime rather than sex appeal.

I see it as that mainstream anime doesn't have what the minority's viewers want. Despite the crap tons of anime coming out for each season, it somehow doesn't live up to people's expectations. I'm not sure how else to say this but it really is just sex and women in anime sells. You can't fight it other than to support other genres that don't have ecchi. Easier said than done though. We all want different things.
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
2 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

72 by MadanielFL »»
8 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

40 by Kruszer »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by AzafuseKingTora »»
11 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

52 by Lucifrost »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.