Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 23, 2008 9:35 PM

Jun 2007
Kind of like myanimelist.net, only a shortened title of myasiancinemalist.net [myaclist.net]

A lot of us on here watch dramas, right? I make a list of all that I watch day by day sort of. Korean, Chinese, and Japanese, movies and dramas. I wonder if Xinil would ever make the site. Well he's busy with this one so it's out of the question. Haha.

But I'd be a pretty good database moderator. Heh, along with my friend. =]

Anyone good at making websites? o.O;; [Maybe……]
Mar 7, 2008 5:39 AM

Jan 2008
They should add it to here D:!
Mar 7, 2008 6:34 AM

Jul 2007
I second Yoshiko's suggestion. :D

Mar 7, 2008 8:30 AM

Mar 2007
You have no idea how much I want this! Especially since most dramas are based on anime and manga. I would be happy to contribute series entries!

However, it has been suggested many times before, and the idea is always shot down ;_; So unless Xinil has an unlikely change of heart, we are out of luck. ;_;
Mar 7, 2008 11:57 AM

Aug 2007
I also agree, but I dont expect Xinil would have time- not to mention it would cost money to run.
Mar 7, 2008 4:53 PM

Jun 2007
that's true……unless we found someone else to start it and run it too. A person like Xinil. Unfortunately, we can't add it on here. Since most anime&manga is Japanese, and some Chinese and Korean manga too…
Mar 8, 2008 9:45 AM

Oct 2007
Actually, I was thinking of making such a site a few months ago.. and I'm still considering it. But I don't know if I have the time. Plus, I'm a bit afraid that it would resemble MAL too much since MAL is.. perfect.
Mar 8, 2008 10:19 AM

May 2007
I think this suggestion has been made several times - always denied.

EDIT:

Here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=5985
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=12931

I am sure there are even more.
zqMar 8, 2008 10:24 AM
Mar 9, 2008 1:29 AM

Oct 2007
ZoiQ said:
I think this suggestion has been made several times - always denied.

EDIT:

Here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=5985
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=12931

I am sure there are even more.

Yes, but in those topics it was more of a request to link it to MAL in some way (add live actions based on anime/manga) while in this thread, they're searching for someone to make it - I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edit: I think the name should be mydramalist or something though, because aclist is a bit vague - I wouldn't know what it stands for and the name should be clear. Or merely asiandramalist without 'my' in front of it.
Mar 9, 2008 7:58 AM

Jan 2008
Man! Do we need this! myanimelist has been very useful and has changed my veiwing habits. Now if only we had mydoramalist, I could remember which episodes of "Pride" and "Honey and Clover" I've already seen.
Mar 10, 2008 3:47 AM

Jun 2007
Hmmm…mydramalist.net would be good kinda of like a sister site to myanimelist.net only its run by someone else??

If someone sets up the site I can help run it, especially if that person is busy. I'll input data and stuff, and since I'm horrible at codes, my friend can help……she's a little better?? O.o;
Mar 11, 2008 12:21 PM

Oct 2007
datsunvic: Yeah I agree, at the moment I'm always writing it down in a plain old text editor but that isn't organized at all.

YoshikoHatake said:
Hmmm…mydramalist.net would be good kinda of like a sister site to myanimelist.net only its run by someone else??

If someone sets up the site I can help run it, especially if that person is busy. I'll input data and stuff, and since I'm horrible at codes, my friend can help……she's a little better?? O.o;

Yeah, I think it would be like that.. I am interested in making the site. I'm not sure if I have enough time though and I haven't coded for half a year.. But I was already thinking of making it and even sent Xinil a message about that a while ago.

As for the name, I think mydoramalist which datsunvic wrote is pretty cool too.

Edit: Hm, well, the costs of running such a website would be a problem.
MellieMar 12, 2008 3:46 PM
Mar 16, 2008 12:52 PM

Oct 2007
as of right now i just have a html table i use as a "drama list" but i do wish there were a site where you could keep track of everything . i mean, i have a site for my movies, books, anime, manga... all i need is a site for my asian dramas/movies haha.
Mar 17, 2008 10:16 PM

Feb 2008
i concur bring it on!
Mar 24, 2008 5:06 PM

Mar 2007
I am still wistfully wishing for a mydoramalist. I wonder if we could find a coder on d-addicts or soompi or something? ;_; I wish I could code. All I can do is front-end web design and content (series/character/actor descriptions).

I am kind of curious about how many people would be interested in something list this. It has certainly been mentioned several times on here. Maybe d-addicts itself could set one up there?

*sigh* just dreaming again :D
Mar 24, 2008 5:12 PM

Nov 2004
Hey,I waited 3 years for Xi to setup the manga database (with much pain and effort from his part), about 200000 different people randomly requesting for one over those years, don't give up yet on your drama list. If there's enough interest it can always be a consideration.
Mar 25, 2008 2:05 AM

Dec 2006
A drama list would be SO useful!! I always lose track of what I watch, have watched or want to watch <__< MAL put me in an order with anime and manga ^^

I really hope you guys find a way to make a site like this! I may be able to help with the database a bit too.

~Do you think that I smile because everything's alright?~
Apr 5, 2008 9:41 AM

Mar 2008
totally support an idea of drama list.
i think i've watched more drama than i have anime anyways ><
Apr 5, 2008 12:25 PM

Feb 2008
ellcrys said:
totally support an idea of drama list.
i think i've watched more drama than i have anime anyways ><

Hehe me too ^^
Apr 11, 2008 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
I was just discussing this with some other Foreign Drama fans!!! I truly feel like it would be a great addition to MAL!! I love to see what other people are watching and count how many days of my life have now been eaten away by 26 hour/episode long series!!
Apr 12, 2008 4:24 AM

Jun 2007
yeah, i've been thinking of this a really long time now.

and yeah again, it would be really nice if mydoramalist could be MALs sister-page with another boss.
i could probably help with adding and maybe be a forum moderator if a forum comes up. lots of free time, but probably a nuub.

Apr 13, 2008 7:35 AM

Aug 2007
I totally second this idea! I thought a new integration of a 'drama list' could be made just like the manga list. Or else someone could make mydramalist.net and affiliate with MAL.

Apr 14, 2008 2:16 PM

May 2007
Ah, I would love something like this. &hearts; It would really help me keep track of stuff. I mean, I have a little list of my own now, but I don't really keep it too much up to date. -shrug- A mydoramalist or whatever would be rad.

And I'm generally not good with computers, I only know a bit of html, but I would definitely be willing to lend a hand with adding/editing entries or something, or helping with a forum (I've been a mod for loads of sites), or anything else really that would be needed. ^_^
Apr 18, 2008 12:01 PM

Apr 2008
That would be great, I've probably seen as much HK dramas as I've seen anime (or more?!). Even though it'll be pretty hard to name them all.

Apr 29, 2008 4:00 AM

Jun 2007
I'd be a good database mod. XD; But I wish there was someone who could make the site and stuff. I'm horrible with html and anything associated with it.
Apr 30, 2008 12:13 AM

Jul 2007
MAL is coded in php and javascript, I believe. But I know nothing of either, as well.

I think eventually there will be a mydoramalist. Just not anytime soon and not necessarily made by Xinil. Has anyone every tried proposing the idea over at D-Addicts? I suspect if there was enough of a stir about it here, at D-Addicts, and at soompi, it would get made faster. But I don't think we should be annoying about it. XD

I wish somehow jdorama.com would get an update to add the kinds of features that MAL has. As it stands you can make a list, but you're confined to Japanese dramas and it's messy.
<---made of awesome!
Apr 30, 2008 3:52 PM

Apr 2007
I really want a drama list site or even one for TV shows. I need to keep track of all the things I watch. >.>
May 1, 2008 9:49 PM

Sep 2007
I think it would be a good idea.. but not to like make a new server or something.. integrate it into my anime list some how and then go from there. cuz like there are manga too on here. and it doesnt have a seperate site called my manga list...so could just add tv drama's/movies too it.. shouldnt be too hard and it would be together. my two cents
May 2, 2008 2:18 PM

Apr 2008
That's a good idea !
i need a list of dramas.
May 22, 2008 8:35 PM

May 2008
This is a great idea. I couldn't keep track of what I was watching/reading up until I joined this site, hence all the blank start/finished dates and what ep I last finished ^^'
May 23, 2008 1:34 PM

Apr 2008
Im wanting this so much, i really need to keep track!

May 26, 2008 9:18 PM

Jun 2007
Susan said:
MAL is coded in php and javascript, I believe. But I know nothing of either, as well.

I think eventually there will be a mydoramalist. Just not anytime soon and not necessarily made by Xinil. Has anyone every tried proposing the idea over at D-Addicts? I suspect if there was enough of a stir about it here, at D-Addicts, and at soompi, it would get made faster. But I don't think we should be annoying about it. XD

I wish somehow jdorama.com would get an update to add the kinds of features that MAL has. As it stands you can make a list, but you're confined to Japanese dramas and it's messy.

You seem to watch more dramas then me and a lot of people combined. XD;; Kinda…lol. So I propose this idea……

You propose the idea to them, since I couldn't possibly. I'm just a newbie. XD;; Some random person around the site, it's better if they hear from someone who's been around there.

Wait have you been on the site for awhile?? Anywhoo…

We'll get most of it figured out but I guess it'd be smart if someone offered the idea. Just don't forget to make me a database mod! :D Or not…XD;;
May 26, 2008 10:16 PM

Aug 2007
without a drama list, Claim an Asian Drama is hard.. DD: you have to link it from wiki. ><
May 29, 2008 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
shougeki said:
This is a great idea. I couldn't keep track of what I was watching/reading up until I joined this site, hence all the blank start/finished dates and what ep I last finished ^^'

That's the same for me, so indeed a good idea
May 29, 2008 6:13 AM

Jun 2007
I agree, but as already said it would be better named mydramalist (or dorama if you will), because when I read myaclist (from a software developer background) I immediately thought of MyAccessControlList (it's how we call authorization).

Edit: what about myliveactionlist.net?
May 29, 2008 7:03 AM

Aug 2007
I actually have been working on an Asian Drama/Movie site for a while now.

Its a site that allows you to upload information on Dramas/Movies, and also is designed for individual episode summaries. It also has a function for a "watched" List. So while it isn't completely similar, its an option!

The site itself is completely working and available. What I need though is people that can help gather information for it before I will officially open it, no need to open an incomplete site!

If anyone is interested in helping me, let me know! Right now its just myself, and it is taking forever.

*edit in* as for what it contains, you can update by Series (Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese) as well as Movies (for Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese)

And more can be added in if desired as well!

PM me if interested!
AaranaMay 29, 2008 7:09 AM

May 30, 2008 8:07 PM

Jul 2007
Great idea!! If it ever happens, I'll help out in any way I can.
Jun 6, 2008 1:19 PM

Nov 2007
I would absolutely love something like this, I think it would function better as a sister website instead of integrated into mal
Jul 30, 2008 2:59 AM

Jul 2008
I think this is a great idea. I'm always constantly juggling like 5 dramas or more at one go and sometimes it's really difficult to keep track of the stuff I've previously watched.
Aug 5, 2008 9:57 AM

Aug 2007
Im almost finished with the site if anyone wants a preview and to join early, just let me know!

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
3 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
5 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.