Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 18, 2009 4:19 PM

Nov 2008
You are Beatrice! don't sound so sad! gosh, that preview made me cry like a baby, just because of Beatrice's sad voice :(

Dec 18, 2009 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
At first, I didnt want to watch the preview just this time, but still ended up doing so cause its just too tempting~
anyway, heres a preview 26 with english sub

ps: this seems to suggest that Beatrice didnt troll around in arc3 when she got upset by Battler about her past.

pss: of course there might be spoiler in the preview so be careful yourself~ (even though I cant really see any myself)
vinesageDec 18, 2009 4:35 PM
Dec 18, 2009 4:58 PM
Mar 2008
Suddenly, it's raining in my bedroom. DEEN I'll forgive you if you don't screw up *that* very scene.

Also, yea. Spoilers.
Dec 18, 2009 5:36 PM

Sep 2008
Have a nice dream. See you in hell.
Dec 18, 2009 5:39 PM

Apr 2008
vinesage said:
At first, I didnt want to watch the preview just this time, but still ended up doing so cause its just too tempting~

ps: this seems to suggest that Beatrice didnt troll around in arc3 when she got upset by Battler about her past.

pss: of course there might be spoiler in the preview so be careful yourself~ (even though I cant really see any myself)

That was obvious to me from the start >_>
Dec 18, 2009 6:29 PM
Dec 2008
the preview looks awesome
but this episode was kinda slow,
so im wondering how they will fit in everything the next episode
maybe it will be a longer episode hehe
and i definitely want chiru to be animated
nothing will be truly revelead even in the next episode,
and which ever studio does it,
i wont be able to live on without knowing the truth of umineko
Dec 18, 2009 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
Darklight0303 said:
No signs of the ???? teaparty either. Guess they'll axe that in favor of the Battler VS Beato scene *sigh* though I guess that's the only way that scene will turn out good enough.

The ???? scene is my favorite scene in all of EP4. It's the only coming scene that I really care about, I've been looking forward to it since I read it in the VN, it's too important to be cut out completely. I honestly don't care about the Battler and Beato scene as much as the ???? scene. If they just turn it into a 5 second talk or cut it out all together... I will cry.

I'll keep a box of tissues close by just in case.
Dec 18, 2009 7:10 PM
Mar 2009
Maybe we should hold up on discussing the last episode, since we already know what's gonna happen. Leave the speculating to the anime-only viewers. This is kind of getting into borderline spoiler territory.
Dec 19, 2009 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
PlatinumHawke said:
It's kinda hard to pin down the ages of the parents, and I kinda think there is a good reason why birth dates and years are avoided like the plague for just about everyone. Or ages of the mothers when they had their children.Rosa is definitely younger than everyone else, but probably by a difference less than a decade.
Just reached the point when Rosa met Beatrice in the VN, and...Rosa says she was in middle school at that time. This means:

Rosa in middle school in 1967 = 12-14 year-old -> in 1987, Rosa is 33 year-old + Maria is 9 in 1987 -> Rosa was 24 when Maria was born + Rosa married earlier than others -> Eva would be 26 to 27 year-old when George born + George is 23 in 1987 -> Eva is 50 in 1987 -> Rudolf is 48 to 49 in 1987 -> Rosa is about 15 years younger than Rudolf.

This is about as exact as I can get, there may be 1-2 years mistake somewhere, but it shouldnt change anything significant. (just thought I might mention it~)
Dec 19, 2009 5:15 PM

Apr 2009
It'll be interesting to see how it all ends. It seems like a lot has to be fit in, but I'm sure it will work out well. I will also be writing a review of Umineko, so watch out for it (AND it will only be on the anime's merits, NOT from the VN. Im sick of people victimising this just because in their opinion, the anime pales in comparison to the VN. If you don't understand whats going on just by the anime, then you need to concentrate more).
Dec 19, 2009 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
The preview looks good. I am going to have faith that the anime will wrap up nicely.
Dec 19, 2009 8:22 PM

Jun 2007
Darklight0303 said:
vinesage said:

I agree. After Battler "finds out" about her trolling she gives a fake smile and then that goes to a sad face..then they move to the next scene. It's pretty obvious either Beato's board and just wants someone to talk with or (as I've been hoping) Beato has feelings for Battler.
Dec 19, 2009 11:00 PM

Dec 2006
I'm pretty sure Battler and Ange

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Dec 19, 2009 11:11 PM

Dec 2008
drastikhate said:

Anything to back this up? It oddly intrigues me.

I'm still fixed on a fake Beato strategy.
Dec 19, 2009 11:22 PM

Jun 2007
DeathfireD said:
Darklight0303 said:
vinesage said:

I agree. After Battler "finds out" about her trolling she gives a fake smile and then that goes to a sad face..then they move to the next scene. It's pretty obvious either Beato's board and just wants someone to talk with or (as I've been hoping) Beato has feelings for Battler.

I get the feeling that Beatrice has set herself as the villain to make Battler do something. She's not really evil but has to pretend to be. Beatrice isn't the final boss. There's an even greater enemy and Beatrice is training Battler for it.
Dec 19, 2009 11:39 PM

Apr 2008
drastikhate said:

Amakusa does exist. The captain DOES talk to him in the VN. Though Deen cut that bit out ^_^

MarthX said:
DeathfireD said:
Darklight0303 said:
vinesage said:

I get the feeling that Beatrice has set herself as the villain to make Battler do something. She's not really evil but has to pretend to be. Beatrice isn't the final boss. There's an even greater enemy and Beatrice is training Battler for it.

I agree 100% with this theory and while she was doing that she fell for Battler I bet >:D
Darklight0303Dec 20, 2009 7:09 AM
Dec 20, 2009 12:07 AM

Oct 2008
MarthX said:

Dec 20, 2009 1:35 AM

Feb 2009
This show's crazy, now we get to see gorillas beating up a young girl. xD

"Have a nice dream. See you in Hell." Hahaha, the engrish accent makes it even better.
Dec 20, 2009 3:38 PM

Apr 2009
Woo!
Sexy Stakes and Ange. <333333
Lots of blood, lots of dead bodies. Eww Eva-Beatrice. I hate her. and also Aunt Kasumi.
They both are just ignorant little bitches. So annoying.. >.> I wish they didn't beat up Ange. D: Made me feel like I wanted to kill all of Kasumi's bodyguards and Kasumi herself. And Eva as well.

Well I'm looking forward to episode 26.. which will be the last ep... right? T.T

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 20, 2009 4:08 PM
Jan 2009
MarthX said:

Actually I think that Beato set herself as a villain because she have to if she want to keep on the mask of the witch.
On Rokkenjima it is widely know that the witch of the island is capricious, crudel and overall evil and when mysterious and violent events happens everybody is ready to believe that it is the work of the witch. (i.e. the story of the rebellious servant that injured him/herself falling from the stairs: accident? act of violence from another servant or a master of the house? of course not! it was the work of the witch)
So if Beato is indeed an human that it is wearing the mask of the witch for some reason of sort then she HAVE to play the witch up to the end.

I'm also going to believe that beato is playing the witch mainly because she want to be a scapegoat for the horrible crimes of rokkenjima.
If a witch is the killer then all the parents and cousins are just tragic heroes that fight valiantly in a fantasy story. But as soon as you remove the witch from the story, then all the characters become suspects, liars and potential murders and whatever sin Battler is bearing it become the cause of a brutal, mutual fratricide.
The "witch did it" would probably be a much better reality for Battler, but alas a fake one.
Dark_KainDec 20, 2009 4:45 PM
Dec 20, 2009 4:15 PM

Aug 2008
This is funny. I spent the first half of the show talking about how the business with Beatrice was one big distraction, and now here we are at the end, and other people are starting to say it.
Dec 21, 2009 6:07 AM
Aug 2009
dioptase said:
Denwa said:

Meanwhile at witch hunt......

It just became a meme, no hard feelings.

moldy_tomatoDec 21, 2009 6:16 AM
Dec 21, 2009 7:47 AM

Apr 2008
OMFG IT'S TRUE!!!! Oh man can't wait can't wait >:D
Dec 21, 2009 8:00 AM

Oct 2008
Finally! And EP6 is out in 9 days now, avoid /a/ and /jp/ like the plague if you don't want to be spoiled to death.
Dec 21, 2009 8:38 AM

Apr 2008
The info is bound to spill out a bit even from there >_> plus the Youtube vids that are bound to pop up >_> that's how I spoiled myself a bit about episode 5 by accident >_>

Still this news is WONDERFUL
Dec 21, 2009 8:53 AM

Nov 2008
Bern is so gonna win this fight xP
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Dec 21, 2009 9:44 AM

Apr 2008
I say nay. She doesn't deserve to win this time >_>
Dec 21, 2009 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
I doubt she wins this fight rather highly >.< ( I certainly hope she doesnt )
Dec 21, 2009 2:26 PM

Apr 2008
Same here. She deserves a crushing defeat >_>
Dec 21, 2009 4:59 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
This is funny. I spent the first half of the show talking about how the business with Beatrice was one big distraction, and now here we are at the end, and other people are starting to say it.

That's like my split personality for each family member theory back at the halfway mark of the series. People where dismissing it yet now people are bring it back up :/.

As for the bigger evil..I'm still not sure. It would make sense but at the same time there's only one episode left so there's only so much they can do. They have mentioned countless times that the island was inhabited by "evil" before Beato's time. Then a "which" inhabited the island, presumably Beato, and the evil supposedly went away or was controlled by Beato.
Dec 21, 2009 5:06 PM

Jul 2008
moldy_tomato said:

YES! I can't wait!
Dec 21, 2009 6:24 PM

Jun 2007
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

That's like my split personality for each family member theory back at the halfway mark of the series. People where dismissing it yet now people are bring it back up :/.

As for the bigger evil..I'm still not sure. It would make sense but at the same time there's only one episode left so there's only so much they can do. They have mentioned countless times that the island was inhabited by "evil" before Beato's time. Then a "which" inhabited the island, presumably Beato, and the evil supposedly went away or was controlled by Beato.

Spoiler: The next episode will end on a cliffhanger because the series is only halfway finished.
Dec 22, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2009
MarthX said:
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

Spoiler: The next episode will end on a cliffhanger because the series is only halfway finished.

Can't be because Chiru might not get animated. If that's the case, they'll probably do some kind of alternate ending.
Dec 22, 2009 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
As long as it doesn't end with Bernkastel saying "I see. So that's how it is. Very well. I will play with you. In this unending month of October. As much as it takes..."

Dec 22, 2009 10:11 AM

Oct 2008
It's OK as long as Bern get a massive ass kicking in the end.
Dec 22, 2009 10:28 AM

Apr 2008
dioptase said:
It's OK as long as Bern get a massive ass kicking in the end.

Amen. Hallelujah. Peanut Butter. to that
Dec 23, 2009 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
Valandis said:
I hope Battler dies permanently. :| Seriously.
He's the most annoying prick in that show.

You obviously haven't played EP5.
Dec 23, 2009 2:29 AM

Apr 2008
Valandis said:
I hope Battler dies permanently. :| Seriously.
He's the most annoying prick in that show.

Though if anyone deserves to die it's Bern >_>
Darklight0303Dec 23, 2009 3:05 AM
Dec 23, 2009 2:48 AM

Oct 2008
Darklight0303 said:

Though if anyone deserves to die it's Bern >_>

Delicious spoiler.
Dec 23, 2009 3:06 AM

Apr 2008
LOL that was unintentional actually. XDDD
Dec 23, 2009 4:14 AM

Oct 2009
Ok I have had sometime to see this again. My 2 problems=>Ange getting beat up by Kasumi's men was so anger and frustrating until they all got killed by the purgatory sisters. The other problem was Kasumi Sumadera under Eva Beatrice influence tearing up pages of Maria's magic book. Now that was so insulting to Maria's dead body not to mention Sakutaro and the purgatory sisters that they did right in the end to kill Kasumi Sumadera/Eva Beatrice as human Eva. Now that was just beautiful gore. Why did Ange did not bring her bodyguard? He might have been useful but by toxin does she mean he would make Ange's magic weaker? Another thing....you don't vent your anger on someone due to circumstances of having duties being on you...you take it like a responsible person even it means to take harsh training for it with no freedom. Interesting thing to use magic to vent emotions off, I don't need it because farming does that for me already. Don't really get the thing with Bernkastel at the end of the episode does it meant that Ange 1986 will grow up to be Ange 1998 or just that Ange 1998 as she is will not be saved but remain in the magic world? Also is it possible to tear out a world made by a endless witch if it is eternal? Poor Ange here=> she had to suffer so much! I am sorry but you don't kick nor punch a girl in the face! You just don't do that and if you do I beat you up! Whoever you are!
Does the person who punched her in stomach/solar plexus that made her be like this=>
knows you can sterilize a woman? So depressing seeing Ange being beaten up. Here is something interesting...if Maria was to be a white witch why is there a Satanic star here?=>
I agree that you need love for magic because if you don't then you do not love what you believe and that belief in logic will not manifest itself.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 23, 2009 4:23 AM

Oct 2008
francismeunier said:
Why did Ange did not bring her bodyguard?

francismeunier said:
Don't really get the thing with Bernkastel at the end of the episode does it meant that Ange 1986 will grow up to be Ange 1998 or just that Ange 1998 as she is will not be saved but remain in the magic world?

Dec 23, 2009 4:24 AM

Apr 2008
That page is covered with dark magic which is a consequence of Maria changing which started with Ange mocking sakutaro when she was young and culminated when Rosa killed Sakutaro and that influenced the entire marriage sorcierre turning it to the dark side as opposed to it's original purpose to bring happiness.
Darklight0303Dec 23, 2009 4:30 AM
Dec 23, 2009 4:44 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
That page is covered with dark magic which is a consequence of Maria changing which started with Ange mocking sakutaro when she was young and culminated when Rosa killed Sakutaro and that influenced the entire marriage sorcierre turning it to the dark side as opposed to it's original purpose to bring happiness.
Ok but then why Ange is still in the White magic side? Could it be Bernkastel is also in the white magic side and influences Ange?

Dec 23, 2009 4:45 AM

Apr 2008
That's just what Ange decided. there is no other reason than that. Plus she was kicked out of it right before it started turning dark

HA! Bern? White magic? Please don't make me laugh so hard. You'll see soon enough
Dec 23, 2009 4:48 AM

Oct 2008
francismeunier said:
Could it be Bernkastel is also in the white magic side and influences Ange?

Oh Boy. Well, you will realize the truth soon enough.
Dec 23, 2009 6:06 AM

Oct 2009
dioptase said:
francismeunier said:

I am getting scared...should I be? I know Bernkastel was not as bad in Higurashi when she was in kid form but are you telling she is bad as really evil?

Dec 23, 2009 6:25 AM

Oct 2008
francismeunier said:
dioptase said:
francismeunier said:

I am getting scared...should I be? I know Bernkastel was not as bad in Higurashi when she was in kid form but are you telling she is bad as really evil?

Dec 23, 2009 6:42 AM

Apr 2008
I wonder if it's safe to post the witches Tanbata at this point.... >_>
Dec 23, 2009 6:47 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah, I think. The last episode is today.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.