Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2009 1:29 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
those bugs sure are creepy looking

RtheO
Jul 7, 2010 8:20 AM

May 2009
Yeah it looks like the Dr's pretty weak
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 7, 2010 10:21 AM

Jun 2008
pacuuuuu3 said:
Yeah it looks like the Dr's pretty weak

it's not strength that counts with the psychics

RtheO
Jul 7, 2010 8:51 PM

May 2009
Simply_Waiting said:
it's not strength that counts with the psychics

Nah, but it counts when fighting against Yusuke
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Sep 22, 2010 6:34 PM

Mar 2010
it would be cool to feel no pain

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 23, 2011 12:05 PM
Jun 2009
Dropped.

This is ridiculous to the point that is is painful to watch. Earlier in the series he was so fast that he practically flashed over and now he can't even catch a normal human?
Jul 31, 2011 8:00 PM

Jan 2010
Zealot said:
Dropped.

This is ridiculous to the point that is is painful to watch. Earlier in the series he was so fast that he practically flashed over and now he can't even catch a normal human?

It wasn't in the manga, just added in the anime to make the scene longer I believe.
Dec 29, 2011 4:17 PM

Feb 2009
Zealot said:
Dropped.

You dropped an action shounen because the powers seem to vary or are nerfed at times?

ANyway, I freaking love when they use this style of fluid animation in the fights! It makes the easily-excited teenager in me, all excited.
Jul 12, 2013 11:28 PM

May 2012
It's weird. I like this arc better than the Dark Tournament. It's more interesting and I kinda miss Yusuke's punches and Rei gun that when he fight with the doctor, I was so awed. Hehe.
Aug 22, 2014 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
Woah that bloodbath escalated quickly. YYH is getting more gruesome, this arc is really intense with the combination of mind games as well.
Sep 20, 2014 9:51 AM

May 2013
Seriously, Yusuke?! I get that he's holding back, but he should be able to kill people by punching column's of air at them!

On a separate note, I'd like to see more people with abilities join their team. Would be pretty interesting. However, the opening suggests otherwise.
Apr 22, 2015 7:20 PM

Aug 2013
Kido was rather resourceful there with his shadow powers. It seems that he can manipulate his own to manifest physical forms.
Hopefully his severed spinal cord gets patched up by Genkai later.

Shizuru and Keiko should have taken the hint and ran out of the hospital instead of deeper inside.
Dec 31, 2015 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Nice animation.

I thought Kuwabara couldn't see spirit energy? He noticed Yusuke's gun.

Wow, the tone feels much darker when it's humans getting all sliced and shit rather than demons.
BanjaJan 1, 2016 9:58 PM
May 12, 2016 7:52 PM

Sep 2015
I just love this arc. It's keeping me on the edge of my seat every episode.

Just like with a few other episodes, the overall quality of the animation dropped a bit so that they can get stylish with the visual angles and movements. I love it when shows are trying there hardest to be different each fight, and I think it really pays off here.

A lot of neat lighting effects in play.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Mar 30, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2015
The Doc is crazy overpowered. The other 6 might even be stronger...
Apr 21, 2017 4:16 AM

Dec 2013
Intense episode! There's a much greater sense of danger here than there was in the dark tournament arc.
Jun 27, 2017 2:15 AM
Nov 2015
Don't go slap dubious looking insects. Ever.
Jun 27, 2017 2:19 AM
Nov 2015
Pls pls pls pls have real bloodshed. Don't let the poor nurse revive.
Jun 27, 2017 2:30 AM
Nov 2015
Kyaaaaaaa it seems all the Gang of Seven are BISHOUNEN. Togashi draws ugly monsters but his boys are so cute!
Jun 27, 2017 2:41 AM
Nov 2015
The fight in the hallway, which is not presented as a normal hallway but has high contrast btw swaths of black and the whiteness of the window, plus, there's also smooth and long hand-to-hand combat in this, without much irrelevant talking.
Jun 27, 2017 2:50 AM
Nov 2015
Zealot said:
Dropped.

You want him to shoot a humongous spirit sphere and blow out the whole hospital???

There's a difference btw open field warfare and urban warfare, where you have to take into consideration civilians' lives and the urban structures with many hiding places suitable for guerrilla and ambushes. It's like asking why the U.S. can drop a bomb and annihilate a Japanese city but cannot kill some petty terrotists??

So, that is similar to here. I think the Doctor makes a really wise decision to lure the bunch into his hospital, where he's familiar with every corner.
Aug 4, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2016
This is super Gantz hahaha. This was one of my favorite episodes in the series so far, hella tense. From the way Doctor initiated them with his territory and the way he fights, just spooky. I loved how Kido used his power to hold Yusuke in place, even stopping the other doctor to let him know Kamiya was in that room. At first I shouted to spirit gun his bitch ass and vaporize him when Yusuke knocked him down for the first time, but he confirmed himself he was going easy on him. Also a hospital so, gotta be a little careful.

The way this arc has used peoples powers in a way that makes sense without asspulls being involved is great. I also like the separate perspectives in this one with Keiko and Kurama's groups... although Keiko and Shizuru are clearly just going to be damsels in distress again. Praying that they don't alter the way these fights have been going so far and have Yusuke win through the power of love or something. Seriously excited for where this is going! Non stop natural occurring story with battles that involve wit where the actual strongest end up on top?! Count me in.
Jan 3, 2018 7:02 AM

Dec 2012
This is retarded. Why Yusuke so damn slow now WTF?! So many inconsistencies from 10/10 -> 9/10

Feb 6, 2018 8:10 AM

Oct 2012
It's a good thing he doesn't feel pain ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Until he bleed from his hand
Basically older Toguro copy, if you obliterate him he can't "regenerate"

Dark Tournament's arc is like non stop action while fighting the fear against Toguro
This arc is like chasing, running, playing hide & seek so far :P
Rayl1ghtFeb 6, 2018 8:15 AM
"Signature removed"
Apr 15, 2019 11:58 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was really well done. The tension is rising, and the doctor is creepy. He was really just making a big mess of everything. Kido bending his shadow to write in blood was cool; it made me think of some older horror movie/seance stuff. And the fight between Yusuke and the doctor was pretty neat, though the guy stitching his arm back on was kind of weird (also he stitched his shirt back together too?!).
Jun 1, 2019 4:06 PM
Apr 2016
Well, I definitely agree, the Doctor is a good villain. It's really stupid how when Yuusuke fights individually with someone he can move light-fast, but when he's running to catch up to someone he runs like a normal human. The animation this episode was spectacular, it was amazing and very appealing to watch.
Apr 22, 2020 6:21 AM

Mar 2020
Director went crazy with the angles in this ep lol
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 1, 2020 4:57 AM

Oct 2009
Funny how they named the hospital as "very unlucky hospital" and the city infested with bugs as "mushiyori" hahah
Jan 7, 2021 2:18 AM

Dec 2007
damn, the anime got serious update of animation, especially the battle animation.

really best story arc yet, epic and tense at the same time.
May 3, 2021 9:44 AM

Nov 2018
Imagine going to med school for 10+ years only to get the shit beat out of you by a 9th grader.
Aug 1, 2021 11:03 PM

Aug 2018
I wonder when Kuwabara will get his powers back tbh

Jan 4, 7:49 PM

Mar 2022
Man this arc got real dark very quickly to quote a certain news anchor played by Will Ferrell: "Boy that escalated quickly. I mean it really got out of hand fast." I mean we have a creepy Doctor who can literally slice and dice people with a energy scalpel just killing the doctors and nurses left and right and there's actual blood spilling everywhere! Like actual blood! I mean I know Yu Yu Hakusho is an action shonen and it's not afraid to have the characters beaten up but there's actual blood spilling from the victims and Kido especially poor guy gets his spine broken in this episode! Even him writing the Doctor's in his blood was straight up something out of a horror film I mean jeez! Regardless it's one of the best episodes for me, the fight even was pretty intense.

Animation was a bit on the down in a couple of areas but the use of angles used in the fight was definitely worth it I'd say. I think this is shaping up to be a really good arc here.
Mar 3, 7:11 PM

Oct 2023
Chapter Black is shaping up to be an amazing story arc. I did not anticipate this conspiratorial angle at all. This sort of stuff is a strong suit of Togashi's in terms of writing, but to have it come right after a rather straightforward affair in the Dark Tournament is really surprising and very much welcome.

This episode had a lot going on all sides of our split-up cast, and the brief scuffle between Yusuke and the Doctor was great! I can only hope the ante remains this high throughout. I also feel like the pacing is improving?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 34 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 25, 2009

23 by KoniginElle »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 91 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 27, 2010

49 by Xeehad »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 90 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 26, 2010

27 by Xeehad »»
5 hours ago

» This show revived my love for anime

Maboo_D_Luffy - Yesterday

5 by UltimateKai »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Remake Version

DrPopCat7758 - Mar 24

19 by kihel »»
Yesterday, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.