Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 1, 2015 2:31 PM
Sep 2015
I've recently stared watching this show, and I already love it. The characters are likable and realistic, while the progression of the story is nice too. My only issue? Freaking Furuya. Like dang, is this kid on steroids or something!? He's just 'too' good! So good that he makes poor Eijun look like shit. I honestly don't see what's so relevant about this guy. I'm on episode 23 right now and I'm already missing Eijun. He's so outshined by Furuya! I've read some of the discussions on Furuya, and I heard that the manga still has this guy outclassing Eijun! I understand that characters need to improve in order to develop and what not, but I find that this is REALLY unneeded for Furuya's case. Sure he's good at baseball and all, but his personality is so boring and unlikable. I find that Eijun would be a much better ace compared to this guy. I hope the author has the guy achieve his goals soon, cause I really don't want to drop this series....
Oct 1, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
You're saying that just when the whole ace thing is starting to heat up in the second season.
Nov 3, 2015 8:52 AM

Dec 2012
Well, but seeing how Eijun is still in his 1st year, and well maybe 2nd soon and still as a relief...

But the thing is its mentioned in the anime before that Mei is also some sort of reliever in his 1st year until he lost out in national hence improving himself to become a real ace for his school. Eijun may lack it, but I see him improving...

Except that...... both fuuya and eijun is in the same year.... I dont know how eijun can become ace and fuuya to step down ... if they are not in the same year.... sigh I don't know.

Hope the mangaka has some solution to this. Also.... Miyuki being 1 year older then eijun and all... means.. I expect the story to ends at Eijun being Year 2 Summer Tournament which means new year 1 players and all.

If there is a new catcher than maybe we can see eijun slowly improving to get the real ace number. But Miyuki being another Main character... I really don't know how the writer is gonna find a solution for all these =/
Feb 26, 2016 5:53 AM
Feb 2016
this is exactly why i dropped it... i'd probably pick it up again when he surpasses furuya ugh
Feb 26, 2016 7:13 AM

Dec 2012
RennyMayflor said:
this is exactly why i dropped it... i'd probably pick it up again when he surpasses furuya ugh

Same.

According to the manga readers the status quo is still the same. Makes watching this anime kinda pointless imo.
Mar 21, 2016 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
indeed status quo is currently the same, but it not exactly the same...

from the start, Furuya is no doubt a better pitcher than Eijun, and Eijun is more likely to be a reliever..
Why? because this is a story about Eijun trying to beat Furuya and become the real ace in the team.

Indeed Furuya is more skilled than him, but since S1, his grow rate is slow. If i am not wrong, the only thing that change is him having a breaking ball and a better control.
while Eijun groww rapidly.. He learned breaking balls, manage to throw inside and outside as he want, has weird form that throws batter

in S1, most of the time Eijun is pitching, the crowd would question the Coach decision.. but lately they dont.. They even stole his chant, the "Osu Osu Osu" from him.

The anime/manga will end by the time Eijun become the Ace, that what this anime about.
evenlaistMar 21, 2016 7:57 PM
Mar 21, 2016 7:56 PM

Mar 2013
#ReasonsOnWhyIHaven'tWatchedTheSecondSeason
Jun 15, 2016 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
I feel like dropping this too. But, I have high hopes for Sawamura! Even the small moments, are good enough to satisfy me for now.
Jul 20, 2016 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
You think Furuya is intolerable? How about that terrible main character. You know, the one who always yells at the top of his lungs, is arrogant and impatient, and is completely disrespectful to those around him despite being all about friendship.

Why writers think making characters like him is a good idea is beyond me.
Jan 12, 2019 3:13 PM
Feb 2016
Shirasho said:
You think Furuya is intolerable? How about that terrible main character. You know, the one who always yells at the top of his lungs, is arrogant and impatient, and is completely disrespectful to those around him despite being all about friendship.

Why writers think making characters like him is a good idea is beyond me.

Sawamura starts off as typical mc but later ya root for him. His motivations and reasons behind what he does is really memorable. his loud personality later also becomes a reason why he's most suited to be an ace figure of the team

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.