Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2015 10:03 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I lost track of which bonus chapters were which so I'll just comment on the last two right here.

The time capsule story, both parts, was truly impressive. Although I was disappointed that it didn't have much fanservice between Ann and Daigo, I'm glad we learned more about him and his personality, and of course, his growth as a character.

And the last bonus chapter about Chi's birth and Fuji's marriage was alright.

Overall, this is a wonderful series and a great ride. Probably gonna score it a 9 out of 10.
Jul 12, 2016 6:01 PM
Jul 2016
Personally, I wished Ann stayed with Fuji - their interactions in Tokyo were great and I really admired their relationship. I really saw Ann moving forward with her life in Tokyo. However, their break-up was inevitable as she was not able to get over Daigo and the love square was crazy to begin with. I couldn't think of any better way to wrap up the manga.
fujitsukishimaJan 23, 2021 1:35 PM
Apr 7, 2018 6:06 PM

Aug 2014
meh it wouldve been better if it ended with her still being alone and ended at the hourglass museum part..
May 14, 2018 3:14 AM

Apr 2014
I feel like the manga went in a lot of circles in relation to Ann's trauma and depression, a lot of the same themes and conflicts popped up over and over. I'm not saying it was over used, because I personally believe it was great of the mangaka to depict trauma so realistically. However, we didn't get to fully meet each character. For example, Fuji suddenly dating his cousin was sort of random and it would have been interesting to see how they developed. I would say the same thing for Daigo too, although he was a main character we didn't necessarily get to fully know him or see his character development.
[center] [center]
Dec 21, 2019 3:21 AM

Jul 2012
Apologies for any typos. I am typing this on a phone.

I have reread this manga after four years, and here are my updated thoughts:

So I was much younger when I read it and didn't have much love experience. Now that I'm a bit older and have dated people, I kind of understand the characters much better and can empathize.

There is a fair share of issues in this manga... I find that it was rushed near the end and dragged a bit with Ann's older years. It definitely could have been better. I'm not that satisfied with how she ended up and how we never saw her fix her depression properly than to just marry Daigo and so be it. I thought it could have been better.

The side characters are... Pretty weak in this manga I'd have to say. Fuji is the only good supporting/side character out of all of them. Shika could have been better but she was like the jealous bitch until she redeemed herself.

Definitely would have been more interesting having Fuji x Ann as endgame as that is pretty common in shoujo recently to do that kind of move. But it's whatever.

I still really love this manga and it remains in my top 10, probably in the lower half. 8/10 and would definitely reread in 4 years.
Aug 20, 2020 9:25 AM
Jun 2012
Daigo and Ann ending up together and love story was so beautifully depicted.

I love how the manga touched upon trauma and depression in a way that most mangas dont dare to even come close. Especially with how many people commit suicide each year, I believe it should be talked about a bit more.

A big theme I felt that was present in the manga was the concept of TIME. In a way, once her mother had committed suicide it was as if Ann was stuck in time. There kept being talks of looking forward and not looking back but Ann in reality was always stuck on time. Daigo said it best when speaking to Fuiji, the person she loved the most was her mother and she hadn’t forgiven her mother for what she did. Although Ann grew as a character in handling her emotions it was more as if she masked the pain better and it all came pouring when she herself almost committed suicide. Daigo was also stuck in time because he never let go of Ann or his promise to stay by her side. I love how he still gave her time to recover despite being the one who found her. I don’t think anyone else would have been a good enough fit for Ann because when she stopped time she was in love with Daigo so there was never really any chance for anyone else to help her move time forward.

Well done, emotional, and beautiful story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sunadokei Chapter 3 Discussion

Mayuka - Sep 14, 2015

2 by Pollomonteros »»
Jan 7, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Sunadokei Chapter 2 Discussion

Mayuka - Sep 14, 2015

1 by Pollomonteros »»
Jan 7, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Sand Chronicles Chapter 22 Discussion

tolkster - Mar 14, 2012

5 by IarIz »»
May 1, 2021 4:51 AM

Poll: » Sand Chronicles Chapter 1 Discussion

kiyomigirl - Feb 20, 2011

5 by tingy »»
Sep 25, 2019 11:09 PM

Poll: » Sunadokei Chapter 11 Discussion

Mayuka - Sep 14, 2015

1 by tr25a3 »»
Dec 17, 2018 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.