Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aoharu x Machine Gun
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 6, 2015 12:51 PM

Aug 2015
Okay.. overall.. entertaining show with less than a sliver of a plot..

The episodes feel dragged out to the point that after 17 minutes of each episode I can summarize it in 5 words. The plot is extremely thin.

Secondly... the MC has to stop talking about herself in the 3rd person.. It drives me insane. The subs may not translate it in such a manner.. but I'm sick of hearing 'Tachibana this... Tachibana that... Tachibana is a hero of justice'
Sep 10, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
I love it when she talks about herself in third person haha.
Sep 11, 2015 3:06 AM

Aug 2015
lalabella said:

semianonymous doesn't agree with you.. semianonymous thanks you for responding to this post.. but semianonymous is a hero of justice... so semianonymous must say that unless you are 2 years old, semianonymous thinks this style of talk is extremely aggrivating... so says semianonymous
Sep 11, 2015 5:37 PM

Feb 2010
That actually sounds kinda cool and I guess I'm not the only one there who likes this style of Tachibana. And by the way, you should realize the reason why is she using 3rd person - they'd found out too easily, that she's a girl, and the main thing was that even at school people thought that she's a boy (depending on her look only) and she was talking about herself in 3rd person so no1 was able to find out.
Sep 12, 2015 12:43 PM

Aug 2015
Aishou said:
That actually sounds kinda cool and I guess I'm not the only one there who likes this style of Tachibana. And by the way, you should realize the reason why is she using 3rd person - they'd found out too easily, that she's a girl, and the main thing was that even at school people thought that she's a boy (depending on her look only) and she was talking about herself in 3rd person so no1 was able to find out.

I'm not sure what is worse... for people to think you are a girl.. or for people to think you are an idiot who can't speak past a 2nd grade level... so says Tachibana.. nano desuuuuuuuuu...
Sep 12, 2015 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Well that is one of the reasons that make me drop it
Sep 12, 2015 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
it's not the first nor the last character who does that,who cares
Sep 12, 2015 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
demo..... demo..... tachibana! yeah it's kinda annoying but I only pay attention to Yukimura :L
Sep 20, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
semianonymous said:
lalabella said:

semianonymous doesn't agree with you.. semianonymous thanks you for responding to this post.. but semianonymous is a hero of justice... so semianonymous must say that unless you are 2 years old, semianonymous thinks this style of talk is extremely aggrivating... so says semianonymous

but it's cute and...uh, it's very cute.
Sep 20, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2011
don't you get it? she HAS to keep talking in third person, or she will forget her own name!
Sep 20, 2015 6:02 PM
Jun 2015
I like her talking in the third person. It's a cute way of talking and is very convenient for hiding her gender. :P If she addressed herself as "boku," she'd be a cliche dere type. If she addressed herself as Ore she'd be lying to herself. Where's Tachibana's justice in that. (although she does lie throughout the show.) If she addressed herself as watashi everyone would know in an instant that she was a girl! For some reason she doesn't care if people think she's a guy and she prefers only her close friends knowing she's a girl. By the way, just because you don't like the 3rd person type character doesn't mean you have to force everyone else to like it. I don't do that with tsundere characters (it's futile to argue over it. The whole community will never completely agree :/). You don't need to make everyone understand your view point. It's your opinion and what's yours is yours. What's others' is others'. 'kay?
As long as you're sure of yourself it's all good. :D
Sep 21, 2015 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
Haha this is the most useful topic ever. XD Gosh I hate Hotaru soooooo much... and this 3rd person talk seriously pisses me off. :/
Oct 4, 2015 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
I agree, it makes her look stupid.
Dec 30, 2015 3:34 AM

Jan 2010
ty for the info,

"tachibana dont want to play survival game" = " i dont want to play survival game"

so this is what they called 3rd person
Jun 6, 2021 1:56 PM
Apr 2020
A really late reply, but as an Asian, I find it completely normal to speak in third person.

I can't speak for all Asians/Asian countries, but speaking in third-person is considered to be polite or at least normal (it's not considered weird culturally) in most East Asian countries.
Sep 17, 2021 9:00 AM
Sep 2021
semianonymous said:
Okay.. overall.. entertaining show with less than a sliver of a plot..

The episodes feel dragged out to the point that after 17 minutes of each episode I can summarize it in 5 words. The plot is extremely thin.

Secondly... the MC has to stop talking about herself in the 3rd person.. It drives me insane. The subs may not translate it in such a manner.. but I'm sick of hearing 'Tachibana this... Tachibana that... Tachibana is a hero of justice'

I personally feel that it is very cute if some young child talks that way, but I have to agree with you if someone grownup speaks that way it annoys me.

jessslyyyyy said:
A really late reply, but as an Asian, I find it completely normal to speak in third person.

I can't speak for all Asians/Asian countries, but speaking in third-person is considered to be polite or at least normal (it's not considered weird culturally) in most East Asian countries.

Btw, Where are you from? I am an Asian too specifically India we don't speak in third person.
Feb 27, 2022 5:16 AM
Sep 2020
You are so dramatic. If you don't like then why do you watch it?
Mar 3, 2022 9:14 PM

Nov 2021
jessslyyyyy said:

Really dude I don't get it..... I'm also from Asia , more precisely from India but we don't speak in third person here

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

188 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 26, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2015

98 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 5, 2023 9:39 PM

» Dresses like a boy???

Shizuma1234 - Mar 3, 2022

4 by Twins26 »»
May 20, 2022 5:42 AM

» There's no way this is a "shounen" oriented anime

JokerxHisoka - Jul 5, 2015

28 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:21 PM

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

218 by HagePotPotato »»
Oct 21, 2020 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.