Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2021 11:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shinji really killed Hal with his texhnolyzed finger... well RIP but he was really annoying.
And meanwhile, the fights against the Shape is tenser and tenser, the leader of the salvation union has been killed.
Not surprising to see Ichise angry once again when he learned that there is no part of his mother in is texhnolyze.
May 31, 2021 7:27 AM

Nov 2018
Man , looks like I just love science fiction with dark aesthetics. It may be pseudo deep , but damn it's so much better than gorefests like SnK or Elfen Lied or Akira.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 10, 2021 5:48 PM
Aug 2020
Hal's death.... damn

idk how tf this is going to end, I can't imagine onishi and his gang winning against the class
Sep 14, 2021 4:23 AM

Mar 2018
The scene with Kimata that switches to the dazed panning of buildings felt like a fever dream, so masterfully done.
Dec 30, 2021 7:15 PM

Feb 2021
rip Organo. Also I swear this is like the 10th time I've seen Doc strangled by Ichise lmao

I think I've created my own interpretation of what getting texhnolyzed can do to someone based on observing characters like Ichise and Onishi. Selling youself to become a robot though, I don't get that and why so many people are doing it. Do the people think Kano has good ideals? Like they'd be better off than before? Hella confusing tbh. Storytelling wise at least things are making more sense than before
CrackMay 17, 2022 12:08 PM
Oct 26, 2022 11:26 AM
Mar 2019
vigorousjammer said:
Ugh, it would have been much better if the shapes had been completely mechanical, with the only thing remaining of their human selves being their memories.
The fact that they still have their faces and their identities kind of lessens the theme that show still seems to be going for, about how too much technology can take away your humanity.
I know I'm very late, but I disagree with this. Complete mechanization would have dehumanized them way too much, and totally remove the element of disgust. The way they are now brings causes much more repulsion, as they are neither a human or a machine. They are just an ugly hybrid. (I dont consider Ichise to be the same as them since his case is more like being supplemented by texhnolyzation rather than becoming this disgusting humanoid piece of shit)

Also, I fucking knew it, the guns manufactured by the people of Gabe were ordered by the Class.
Nov 7, 2022 2:26 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Texhnolyzed BODY <<<< Texhnolyzed FINGERRRR

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 10, 2023 2:41 PM

Dec 2010
Lol, I was thinking for the longest time that Technolyzing your finger is one of the least useful ways to become a cyborg, but in the end it did work out for Shinji.

Not a single soul here agrees that it's worth it to lose everything but your head and torso to a machine, yet I wonder how many people IRL would do that to "survive" or say just prolong their lives for example.

Kimata went out like a champ, and once more Onishii demonstrates just how honourable he is, lamenting the death of an enemy he considers deserving of respect.

I don't feel bad at all for Kohakura, a traitor falling to his lust for power doesn't deserves no better.
Mar 7, 2023 1:18 AM

Dec 2022
The atmosphere and action here eclipses that of most of the previous episodes. First time Texhnolyze properly mesmerised me in what was happening.
Meritas said:

Not a single soul here agrees that it's worth it to lose everything but your head and torso to a machine.

Personally, I wouldn't mind at all, provided it actually conferred physical boons, and was commonplace (so as to not attract stares every time you're in public). It's portrayed as grim here because these biomechanical-looking cyborgs are created by force to serve as nothing more than infantry, in an ostensibly dark setting. It'd be different if it was an optional mechanisation for everyday life, and didn't scale these people up to being like seven feet tall.

There's a noticeable effect that presentation and intent have with regards to people's perception to transhumanism and cyborgs, as well as the personal attachment and identity that some might feel with organic bodies. So how media portrays these concepts seems to have a lot of influence on public viewpoints pertaining to them.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 25, 2023 8:27 PM
Apr 2022
Aizix said:
The weakest episode imo. The series lost its charm with Yoshii's death once and then again, even more with the appearance of Shapes.
I kinda agree, the sweet spot was from episodes 11-16 imo
Oct 1, 2023 2:07 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to m-i-c-h-a-e-l
Well Organo is pretty much gone; the Union just lost their leader; Gabe's people dont know what to do without Ran...

Speaking of Ran.. who was on the train with her at the end? I assume/guess she was arriving in Lux?
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Speaking of Ran.. who was on the train with her at the end? I assume/guess she was arriving in Lux?

I know I'm responding to this over nine years later but I haven't seen anyone else mention it...

I have a strong feeling that the final scene with Ran was a fourth wall break. I'm convinced she's speaking to the viewer. I may get proven wrong next episode, but I got chills when I had the thought that she was speaking directly to the audience.
Nov 27, 2023 2:52 AM

Oct 2020
To whom did the diviner girl extend her hand?
Jan 1, 10:48 PM

Jun 2021
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH I'M HYPED BRO'S I'M HYPED, This series has become more and more interesting each chapter,
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
Aug 2021
"You cant live at all, unless you pay the full price" is what stuck with me the most. Only minimal complaints for the episode that stem from the criticism of the show as a whole (unclear shots/scenes on purpose so that you need to look up the wiki to fully follow the plot or the almost try-hard nihilism and unnecessarily stupid character choices), otherwise great. We got Onishi and Alliance leader fighting together, the doc secret, Kohakura realizing how much he messed up, the Hal vs. Shinji fight. Great, chilling episode. Close to a 4.5/5
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tounoyaboys - Jul 1, 2008

323 by AMfromtheWORLD »»
Apr 24, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.