Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2015 3:44 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hibbington said:
Well to me the triangle thing gives the lists more style, it would be easier to have numbers, but when we don't have an art person. Individuality matters.
Yeah it definitely looks better like this, just meant for practical reasons
Jul 28, 2015 2:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Btw about the new entry thing, do you mean to format it like this:
Gangsta
or like this:
Gangsta ?

I think the second version will line up better for the list since it'll be the same number of characters if you replace the '▶' thingy
Jul 28, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
Sorry, yes, you use
Gangsta

I also use the 'thingy' (i find that name very funny, lol) because numbers are sometimes misaligned once they move from one to two digits, even using '01' to '20' still has some discrepancies.

Also there should be no space between and the title name next to it if not it'll also be misaligned.
Zee530Jul 28, 2015 6:28 AM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 28, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2013
I found an interesting error.
On the second list Wakako-zake was on it with Wakaba*Girl girls stats.
So I changed it to the right show, so no N is needed.
Jul 28, 2015 12:58 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hibbington said:
I found an interesting error.
On the second list Wakako-zake was on it with Wakaba*Girl girls stats.
So I changed it to the right show, so no N is needed.
Welp

Guess it's what happens when you have two shorts with disturbingly similar names airing in the same season >.>
Jul 28, 2015 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
So is it suppose to be posted on a Tuseday or did I just miss it Sunday?
Jul 28, 2015 3:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
No it's on Tuesdays:
When to Update: Updates will be done when the scores for an episode week is recorded, as such the day of update for a title will depend on the day an episode airs following the club's 48 hour rule. The only exception to this is the Highest Score change which will only be updated once a week on Tuesday.

Like this was last week's for example:
Highest Score Change, Week #3, July. 2015
- Gakkou Gurashi! (+0.06)
- Shokugeki no Souma (+0.05)
- Himouto! Umaru-chan (+0.05)
- Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (+0.04)
- Danchigai (+0.04)
- Gangsta (+0.03)
- Ushio to Tora (TV) (+0.03)
- Miss Monochrome II (+0.03)
Just do the same for this week (so week #4, July then) for anything that's gone +0.03 or more and post that in the club comments. Spring leftovers included
Jul 28, 2015 3:18 PM

Dec 2013
Also I'm on Vacation from the 13th-19th in August.
If I'm flying or doing activities during those dates my time of completion of my duty will be inconsistent.
Jul 30, 2015 3:10 PM

Dec 2013
So a couple things.

First I do want to bring up is we do still need an art guy. I don't know if you have a contact or anything HaXX that might be interested.

Then I think if we want to grow this club activity wise then we need to have a more interactive feature with the members of the club. This would have to work in with what we provide of course and I think I thought of the perfect thing.

We could have a game where daily people can guess in what ways an anime is trending.
For example if I think Gangsta is going to go up by +0.03 the next week and it goes up by 0.02. So then my differential score would be 0.01. Who ever has the lowest differential is the winner.

They would have to put in their guesses a week in advance of the results. Prizes can be given out to winners if get an art person.
There would also be a limit of how many anime you can choose to guess per week. Maybe a limit of 5. Because if you guess too much than you'll of course have more of a chance to have a high differential and that is defeating the purpose of the game.
Finally the day to put in your guesses will be maybe in a 18-20 hour span after the Layout and Data is updated daily.

Is it a bit complicated? Yes
But is this the most simplest club? Of course not and I'm really confident that this would be very unique interactive feature.
Jul 31, 2015 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, very interesting idea and working to our strengths well, i've actually once had the thought that the club could have it's own FAL but never really gave it much thought afterwards but this is better.

We need to first discuss what the clear cut rules should be first and foremost here before we proceed, i already like yours and i'll try to think of something myself that might make it more interesting, we could also ask experienced FAL users for ideas too :P

As for the art guy, i got nada, you can see the lack of creativity from the club's banner which i would also like changed if possible if we do get the art guy, do we ask for help from Shishio layouts club? or do we just advertise on the wall and comments and maybe a dedicated member might step up?

Hibbington said:
Also I'm on Vacation from the 13th-19th in August.
If I'm flying or doing activities during those dates my time of completion of my duty will be inconsistent.

Would you like to be moved though to a different date though?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 31, 2015 12:55 PM

Dec 2013
First of all, I think it is for the best if my duty gets moved. The airport+plane ride going to be 10 hours there and back. Those are two dates that are up in the air if I'm going to be on time with my duty.
Is Type even around though?
Then for some reason the update does not want to stay on the same line as the show on the last line on the layout. Maybe one of you can check what is wrong.

Finally we have a long time to critique the activity to get all the rules laid out properly. I'll go more into the rules and regulations tonight to clean it up as long as your on board with it. Then as for the art guy, you would need to promote and advertise from within the club.
Aug 1, 2015 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
Moved

Type sometimes goes off for a while but he's never been this long, i'll do his week if it does come around though for now.

Update looks fine to me.

I know an art guy irl although not an anime fan, i'll ask him, if he can't then i'll look for someone here.

Aug 1, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
I honestly think it would be a better idea to try to get someone on MAL than someone who doesn't watch anime to make anime stuff.
Aug 1, 2015 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
So since were getting into weeks where we have more than 3 weeks of score changes so when you look at Joukamachi does it still get a down arrow because it is going down on the list, or is it all depending on the score trends where it has gone up by +0.03 this week.
Aug 1, 2015 8:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hibbington said:
So since were getting into weeks where we have more than 3 weeks of score changes so when you look at Joukamachi does it still get a down arrow because it is going down on the list, or is it all depending on the score trends where it has gone up by +0.03 this week.
The up/down arrows are just based on the last week's change
Aug 1, 2015 9:01 AM

Dec 2013
Well I just did it the normal way, if it is wrong I'll try to revert it back later.
This is my final day of my duty, so it was fun but I think I'll enjoy the break XD.

Another thing we need to do activity wise is encourage more activity in the club comments and a good way to do that is to always mention the update is completed like I have.
Then having a call to action like asking a question once and awhile should help.
Recent Club Comments are the best way to gain new members and that does need to be a main focus.
Aug 1, 2015 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
Aside from the club banner and affiliations what else does the art guy need to do?

Aug 1, 2015 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
Zee530 said:
Aside from the club banner and affiliations what else does the art guy need to do?

Well the affiliations are handled by regular admins but we do also need a better club picture when people see our club in the recent club comments. It is essentially the first impression people receive.

Then if we do the Guess the Trend activity. Having a prize for the winner would encourage participation and you need an art person to make the card, badge, etc. for them.
Aug 1, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Hibbington said:
Another thing we need to do activity wise is encourage more activity in the club comments and a good way to do that is to always mention the update is completed like I have.
Then having a call to action like asking a question once and awhile should help.
Recent Club Comments are the best way to gain new members and that does need to be a main focus.

I elect you Head of PR :P

Aug 2, 2015 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
A few corrections for future references:

- I noticed a few episode count mismatches with the ep that is airing next week already having being recorded, livechart uses a countdown function so the ep you'll be recording will always be the ep previous to whatever is displayed on the countdown.

- Let there be 2 lines of empty spaces between titles on the thread and topics on the wall, makes things look a bit tidy.

- @Hibbington, what time zone are you using on livechart? sorry if i didn't mention but we should be using JST time (+09:00hrs), this could also account for some of the issues in point 1 above as a couple of the shows i was recording now already had been done.

Aug 2, 2015 7:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Again, don't focus so much on the dates themselves, you'll just make it needlessly confusing with the conflicting time zones. Just look at the time of day every show is airing and make sure to update it 48-72 hours after that time has passed. If you just think about that then there's no problem or confusion. It also works even if you have Livechart set to your own time zone that way for convenience sake

Like when I updated, I looked at the show which aired the latest on the specific day of update, and then once that had passed the 48 hour mark I updated everything I had left in that 48-72 hour span. If you do that then there's no way to fail

So if you would take today for example, Symphogear is the last show airing on Fridays EU time (but Saturday JP time). Thus I would update everything that aired on Fridays my time after that airs, I.E. after 20:10 CEST tonight. It's a pretty simple and consistent system
HaXXspettenAug 2, 2015 7:58 AM
Aug 2, 2015 11:14 AM

Dec 2013
Zee530 said:

- @Hibbington, what time zone are you using on livechart? sorry if i didn't mention but we should be using JST time (+09:00hrs), this could also account for some of the issues in point 1 above as a couple of the shows i was recording now already had been done.

"before you start though click on the preferences button (the small gear) to change a couple settings before you begin."

When I saw this I interpreted as changing it to my timezone, and another conversation I had influence that as well. So I was using EDT(-400)
Aug 2, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2011
Switching time zones does affect the shows that the schedule page displays, using JST +9, there are 5 shows airing on Monday, but switching to BST +0, it becomes a whopping 12. As HaXX said above though, as far as it stays within the 48-72h point it shouldn't really matter but it does get confusing when it comes to switching duties, as the shows might be different. We were fortunate this time because Hibbs (you don't mind me calling you that right? :P) was coming from a later time zone and handing to me from an earlier zone so some of my shows to update would overlap with his, however if it was the vice versa and it was me handing over to him then it would mean we would miss some shows that air within the 4 hour difference between us, which is why i think it is important that we all set our timezones to the same thing, +09:00 JST, at least for your first and last days of duty, you can change back to whatever time zone you like in between or off duty if you need to.

Aug 2, 2015 11:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Or just check which shows were updated the last time before the duty got handed over and update accordingly

Also technically you don't actually have to update once per day. There are some shows which air at irregular times after all. For example Dragon Ball Super and World Trigger are morning shows which air at like 6-7 am in Japan, and Gintama airs during prime time. Essentially everything else airs at night. So you could update those shows separetely from the rest, etc
Aug 3, 2015 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
So I've been working on a rough draft of the top post of the Activity I've been working on plus making the rules more organized so I would appreciate your opinions on it.

Before that though I have been meaning to ask if I can write a better club description and with that I can also mention in the club description that we are looking for an art guy. With also mentioning on the layout of the club at the bottom.

~~Here is the rough draft of the activity~~

The Anime Trend Progression Game(ATPG)
Hello members of the club. We at the MSP are going through a process where we want to provide more interactive features to our members beyond the scoring progression we work hard to provide to you guys. So I personally thought of doing an activity that brings you more into the process and guess how much an anime will win or lose in score during that week. Each sequence will be split into 4 weeks with 4 winners in a season.

Rules
1. First you need to sign up for the sequence.
2. Each member will get 5 choices per week to use and will be posted on the first post to track what shows you’ve chosen
3. If you do not guess on 5 shows a -0.05 differential will be tacked on for the week for each missing guess.
4. Shows will be open to be chosen in around a 24 hour window from when each interval of our daily updates are completed.
5. This will work through the same 48 system that the club uses where we wait for 2 days of progression before updating the lists. Shows on each day are determined by this site https://www.livechart.me/schedule/tv using Japanese time at JST(+0900)
6. Each week will begin on Sunday, meaning it beings with Friday’s shows.

So for example
If you want to put in a guess for Charlotte, then you would do it on Tuesday.
After the update is put in on Tuesday you will go to the thread and put in -0.05 for your guess.
That will then be moved to the top post by one of the admins and two days later will be updated to find your differential score.
Each week there will be a new thread made on every Friday for people to sign up in a 48-hour window

~~Rough draft over~~

There is a lot of steps to this process, which means that I believe we will need to add on around 2 more admins eventually to help out. Hopefully by making the club have more interactive elements will be able to increase the activity and pinpoint more potential admins for the future.

I would also like to do a test run of this during the Summer season.
Week 9-12. So that is kind of the deadline to finalize all the missing links we might have with the rules, regulations, and etc.

One issue I do currently see is that 2-cour shows tend to stall out during the second half.
Should we only allow this to purely shows that are eligible to be in the top 20 lists?
HibbingtonAug 3, 2015 2:30 PM
Aug 3, 2015 2:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well at least it would be something fairly unique
Aug 4, 2015 1:36 AM

Nov 2011
A bit confused about the rules in some places:

4. Sounds a bit to me like people can vote after we have recorded that show, or is that in respect to the next week? Please explain more.

6. I'm just mostly confused about when players will be allowed to put in their guess in relation to when the anime airs and when we record the score at the club, i assumed it would be something like:
a) Charlotte airs on Sunday
b) Player watches Charlotte
c) From the quality of the ep they have seen, player has to guess the score change of it, they have until 24 hours to do this afterword the voting is closed. (this is the most confusing part)
d) Differential is taken between player's guess and correct value as their score, 48hrs after it airs.
e) Repeat with the remaining 4 shows.

I think we could leave 2 cour shows out because of that but we should allow people to choose any show in the season. You can also go ahead and edit the club details.

Aug 4, 2015 1:57 AM

Dec 2013
Rule 4 Question
Yes, They are guessing for the week later.

Rule 6 Question
No. They wait for our actions to update the thread and lists. The shows that get updated on that date are what is open in the 24 hour period. They are guessing what the trend will be after seeing the previous weeks trend. Then when we do the same scoring change for that show next week is when the results will be in.
Aug 4, 2015 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Okay, i get it now, was hoping there was a way they could guess after watching but it technically isn't plausible.

Aug 4, 2015 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
[Art Officer Wanted!] The MSP is a club that wants to provide a place where currently airing season watchers can keep updated with the trends of the season. If you are a watcher of the currently airing season, you should join us ^.^!

This is what I wrote.
It explains our mission and gives a call to action to join.
HibbingtonAug 4, 2015 1:09 PM
Aug 4, 2015 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
I liked the former one better "Score Monitoring Platform ", short, concise,.maybe not to the point, but I guess Sacrifices have to be made D:

Aug 4, 2015 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
At the end of the day, this is still your club if you don't like it.
I'm just trying to implement the knowledge that i've received from marketing classes in college.
HibbingtonAug 4, 2015 4:19 PM
Aug 5, 2015 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
Na, it's cool.

Aug 5, 2015 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Added new arrows, details in the legend.

However just like the updated icon, this should be only used for the shows updated on that day, after the next update they should be returned to the regular icon, i tried using these last season consistently but it didn't work, it'll have to be daily.

Aug 5, 2015 7:10 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just me or did *someone* forget to update Miss Monochrome episode 5 btw
Aug 5, 2015 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Fixed, dropped quite a bit after that.

Aug 5, 2015 8:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well in the last 3 weeks' score change at least, not in actual MAL score

also Himouto ep 4 should have aired 48+ hours ago now after its temporary rescheduling last week
HaXXspettenAug 5, 2015 8:56 AM
Aug 6, 2015 6:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Took the liberty of fixing it since you didn't seem to do anything about it* :s
Aug 6, 2015 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
Sorry, forgot to do that.

Also LOL, seems you were updating the wall the same time i was doing cause once i did it the first time and saw everything change i thought we got hacked by someone who was a fanboy of Umaru XD

Also trying some new signs to indicate how many places a show moved up or down in rank, not sure if we'll keep it but you can tell me what you think about it. Also about the arrows showing the change in rank, to avoid too much on the wall let's ignore shows who change rank only because another show moved about them, we'll only focus on the shows being updated that day, so if a show drops or rises in rank any other show that isn't airing that day that changes position because of that show's movement should have their arrows ignored.

Aug 6, 2015 6:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah okay fair enough

And yes I think it's better with the numbers like this
Aug 8, 2015 2:54 PM

Nov 2011
Over to you HaXX, hope you had enough of a break.

Aug 8, 2015 3:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
hai hai~
Aug 9, 2015 10:23 AM

Dec 2013
I saw something that should of been +0.02 that said +0.03.
Edited myself, just wanted to say something instead of HaXX going like "why did Hib edit something".
Aug 9, 2015 2:18 PM

Nov 2011
Hibbington said:

Aug 9, 2015 3:28 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
oh

fair enough
Aug 14, 2015 4:01 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sooo type-a1pha hasn't been online since the beginning of July so I see no reason to believe he'd suddenly return to daily activity within the next two days so what do we do about next week? I have no problem with continuing a while longer if need be but we at least need some consensus
Aug 14, 2015 4:12 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely not a good thing.
We might have to find a new 4th in the rotation but for now i guess HaXX you will probably have to continue.
Aug 14, 2015 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, we need one more person. @Hib, can you advertise this also?

Aug 15, 2015 12:17 PM

Nov 2011
...or does anyone have anyone in mind we can recruit?

Aug 15, 2015 12:18 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You could try asking my friend Xiaraith possibly, he's always been interested in statistics and numbers as far as I know. Also he's reasonably active
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [Week 05 Updated!] Spring 2024 Preliminary Data

Zee530 - Apr 4

1 by Zee530 »»
Apr 5, 7:09 AM

» Winter 2024 Preliminary Data

Zee530 - Mar 14

0 by Zee530 »»
Mar 14, 3:53 AM

» Fall 2023 Preliminary Data

Xiaraith - Sep 28, 2023

3 by Johan »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:08 PM

» Summer 2023 Final Data

HaXXspetten - Jul 1, 2023

9 by Zee530 »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:46 AM

» Spring 2023 Final Data

Zee530 - Apr 1, 2023

10 by Zee530 »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.