Forum Settings
Forums

Why do certain people hate Call of Duty for not innovating but praise the hell out of Nintendo games

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 7, 2015 9:35 AM

Apr 2011
Thrashinuva said:
I don't care if you found the game overall to be not as challenging as other games or tasks.

Saying that the water temple was the easiest part of the game is elitism.

Simple as that.

What is so hard to understand in this: I FOUND THE FUCKING WATER TEMPLE TO BE THE EASIEST PART OF THE FUCKING GAME! That is me expressing a fucking opinion.
Jun 7, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
This just in : games don't need to be innovating to be fun.

Surprising, right?

CoD is just not really fun for me. Never was a big fan of shooters. I like Nintendo games a lot tho.
Jun 7, 2015 9:43 AM

May 2010
A list of Dungeons in OoT:

Inside the Deku Tree
Dodongo's Cavern
Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Forest Temple
Fire Temple
Ice Cavern
Water Temple
Bottom of the Well
Gerudo's Training Ground
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
Inside Ganon's Castle

This is only the dungeons. There's much more to the game, but I feel within the dungeons alone, there should be something you feel is easier than the Water Temple.

Maybe you had a hard time unlocking Epona.
Maybe you had a hard time getting caught by the guards while infiltrating Hyrule Castle.
Maybe Dampe's hookshot race was too challenging.
Maybe the lost forest was a literal mindfuck for you.

Maybe Ghoma just wasn't obvious on how you have to kill it.
Maybe you couldn't figure out how to break the web in the middle of the first room.
Maybe you couldn't figure out that 23 was the number 1.

And so on and so forth, and that's all why you found the water temple to be the easiest.
Jun 7, 2015 9:55 AM
Mar 2011
Thrashinuva said:
A list of Dungeons in OoT:

Inside the Deku Tree
Dodongo's Cavern
Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Forest Temple
Fire Temple
Ice Cavern
Water Temple
Bottom of the Well
Gerudo's Training Ground
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
Inside Ganon's Castle

This is only the dungeons. There's much more to the game, but I feel within the dungeons alone, there should be something you feel is easier than the Water Temple.

Maybe you had a hard time unlocking Epona.
Maybe you had a hard time getting caught by the guards while infiltrating Hyrule Castle.
Maybe Dampe's hookshot race was too challenging.
Maybe the lost forest was a literal mindfuck for you.

Maybe Ghoma just wasn't obvious on how you have to kill it.
Maybe you couldn't figure out how to break the web in the middle of the first room.
Maybe you couldn't figure out that 23 was the number 1.

And so on and so forth, and that's all why you found the water temple to be the easiest.

read my llong post on the last page on why i never found ant Zelda game head
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 7, 2015 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
Are you really gonna continue this bullshit? Why does me finding the Water Temple to be the easiest part of the game make your butt hurt so much? I cruised through the WT and finished the boss off without getting hit once (though I did have to play through it twice because it crashed before I could save). The only thing difficult about the WT was the fight with Dark Link and even that wasn't really that difficult.

As far as these go:
Thrashinuva said:
1.Maybe you had a hard time unlocking Epona.
2.Maybe you had a hard time getting caught by the guards while infiltrating Hyrule Castle.
3.Maybe Dampe's hookshot race was too challenging.
4.Maybe the lost forest was a literal mindfuck for you.

5.Maybe Ghoma just wasn't obvious on how you have to kill it.
6.Maybe you couldn't figure out how to break the web in the middle of the first room.
7.Maybe you couldn't figure out that 23 was the number 1.

1. I am not that good with timing, so I had a little difficulty with his jumps. As for the race itself, it took me two tries because I used up my carrots way too quickly.
2. The guards were quite easy.
3. Finished on first try.
4. Took me 3 tries to figure out the pattern.
5. Took me a minute to learn how to defeat it.
6. Using common sense helped a lot.
7. You mean those things inside the Deku Tree that sprung out and hurled nuts at you? I first thought that was just a trick to fool me, but figured it out pretty quickly (I'm good at logic based stuff).

All that and I still managed to find the WT temple easier. I'm not even kidding. I was disappointed at how fucking annoying the damn place was (having to change boots every minute or so) and at the fact that calling the boss a pushover was to compliment it.... by a lot. And amongst the dungeons, the WT was by far the easiest.
Jun 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Aug 2014
Because nintendo games are good. Splatoon is the bease "shooter" I have ever played. The only nintendo thing that I would compare to COD levels of recyling is shitty new super mario bros which had like 4 instalments that where all pretty much the same. Super mario 3d world was awesome too. People complaining about how all the 3d zeldas are re-skins of OOC, fair enough point but OOC isn't that great and MM,WW,TP and SW are all better in different ways.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 7, 2015 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
I think a lot of people bashing Call of Duty and Nintendo games aren't actually playing them themselves. They make baseless assumptions and assume there's nothing innovative. Complaining about yearly sequels is rather silly when the fanbase is strong enough to make it profitable. Look at Guitar Hero and Rockband. The tried to be a yearly franchise, but there wasn't enough innovation to keep them from adding more songs and dlc to get millions of sales. 5 years later they're returning and they claim that that's that for this generation.

Nintendo kinda does this model too.
1 smash per generation
1 mario kart per generation
2 mario games (the 3d platformers)
2 zelda games

Keep in mind that it appears they're rehashing game after game... but in actuality they're not. 1-2 games a generation is enough to keep people happy.

Now you'll tell me Pokemon is getting rehashed.
2011- Black/ White
2012 - Black 2/White 2
2013 - Pokemon X & Y
2014 - Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire

Yes. Lots of Pokemon the past 4 years. No excuses there. Black 2/White 2 and Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire are what I call filler years since they're not truly innovating, but refining the experience. If you guys follow Pokemon and play the games, you'll realize that when you add new Pokemon and when the game mechanics change (example changing the accuracy of moves, damage of moves, PP of moves, adding a new type (fairy), etc the whole meta changes. On a baseless casual observation you'll complain that it's the same game since Red and Blue.... and you're completely offbase because you haven't even played since Red and Blue.....)

The same goes for Call of Duty. They update the maps and the weapons and the physics. Casuals don't see that as big. But people who actually play Call of Duty see huge changes for the better or worse. The only true problem is with Sports Games because innovation is limited to the actual sport. There's only so much they can do. Those games should be per generation... but they sell millions upon millions of copies because the fans demand it as physical copies.

Another franchise that gets criticized for yearly installments is Street Fighter. To the casual eye, they see it as yearly updates. Core players see it as a huge shift in the meta similar to when Pokemon and Call of Duty changes the mechanics. When a move gets more advantage or disadvantage that can make a huge difference. Some people say they can fix that with free patches and Capcom does that, but when they want to add new stages, costumes, and characters they give the option of retail disk or 15 dollar dlc. I think that's fiar. Blazblue is more extreme with 2-3 new characters and balance tweaks, but no option to buy as DLC.

TLDR; core players see the difference in the versions while casuals complain that they don't see the difference. When core gamers dwindle (in case of Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero) then the cycle takes a break. If there's enough core gamers (Pokemon, Call of Duty, Madden) then keep making enough content to please the core gamer.
ReynTimeJun 7, 2015 11:32 AM
Jun 7, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2010
yhunata said:
The only thing difficult about the WT was the fight with Dark Link and even that wasn't really that difficult.

I had forgotten all about this.

Thank you for reminding me.

Also it's come to my knowledge that the 3DS version was much easier, and the Water Temple was nerfed severely. Is this the version that you played?
ThrashinuvaJun 7, 2015 7:59 PM
Jun 7, 2015 9:04 PM

Apr 2011
Thrashinuva said:
yhunata said:
The only thing difficult about the WT was the fight with Dark Link and even that wasn't really that difficult.

I had forgotten all about this.

Thank you for reminding me.

Also it's come to my knowledge that the 3DS version was much easier, and the Water Temple was nerfed severely. Is this the version that you played?

I was playing on Project 64. I will say that I did need a guide for Majora's Mask, though. I was convinced I was doing something wrong because I couldn't get to the tower before the third day was up.
Jun 7, 2015 10:06 PM

Jan 2013
Thrashinuva said:
the entire game felt nerfed in general but yeah the Water Temple is a joke in the 3DS version. On the N64 the nightmare is partially caused by changing your boots every minute
Jun 8, 2015 2:14 AM
May 2009
Reason.......... COD Campaign gets shorter and shorter, Its more movie reference than original.
And finally nothing new, nothing interesting. In the end its nowadays more Multiplayer focused, and Campaign is nothing more than a Long 5-6 hour tutorial. Not a Multiplayer guy so what ever is new is probably lost on me. as I play games mainly for story, and rarely does multiplayer other than split screen have my attention.

Nintendo. Games aren't pumped out that often, Last Zelda game on a wii console was quite a few years ago and the new game looks amazing. Even though they released a 3DS Version a couple of years back. The game is not the same. Due to gameplay mechanics.

Is it the same? No. Mainly again due to different gameplay mechanics or even settings.
Windwaker for example you could spend hours just riding the waves in your boat and exploring the map for islands and treasures. Some complained it was ridiculous the travel time, I generally enjoyed it.

Pokemon, Played it, not to different from Red other than better graphics, pokemon interactions, more vehicles, 3D and also updated audio for pokemon, But gameplay wise still the same, story aswell is similar.

Mario Kart, I enjoy these games, mainly due to split screen play. But are they different? Not really, other than tracks, vehicles and characters.

Release the Older popular zelda's like Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask on the 3DS was a good move as most kids won't be touching a N64 now a days. Also for me aswell since I never got the chance to play either on the N64. and Emulators are just not the way to play them.
Jun 8, 2015 2:17 AM

Nov 2014
Call of duty always making the same games and it really gets boring but in Nintendo games at least they don't bring out like 50 of the same game every year call of duty is like Fifa they bring one out every year. They both are just going to far there just f**king greedy hoes that are dancing in there money while we are still paying for the same game as last year they really are bad at making new ideas.
MichaelJun 8, 2015 2:21 AM
Jun 8, 2015 3:26 AM

Aug 2013
Exploderino said:
Nintendo games at least they don't bring out like 50 of the same game every year call of duty is like Fifa they bring one out every year..

So do they bring out 50 call of duties a year or one a year? because you're saying two different things there.

Also every year or so aye?

You see this is the problem with fan bias, everyone's just sitting on their side, taking shots at the other company for doing the same thing they're ignoring on their end. You're all fan boys in this thread and both sides are looking pretty sad right now.
Jun 8, 2015 3:41 AM
May 2009
Baelish said:
Exploderino said:
Nintendo games at least they don't bring out like 50 of the same game every year call of duty is like Fifa they bring one out every year..

So do they bring out 50 call of duties a year or one a year? because you're saying two different things there.

You see this is the problem with fan bias, everyone's just sitting on their side, taking shots at the other company for doing the same thing they're ignoring on their end. You're all fan boys in this thread and both sides are looking pretty sad right now.

I forgot about Mario Party.
Jun 8, 2015 4:30 AM
Mar 2011
Baelish said:
Exploderino said:

but over all cod is th same game every year Machacacaly spaking while all the mario games listed are digter on Ludo centric level mario sunshine id different to mario kart

and even with in mario party there is alot of diffents in the mini games un like cod witch is in fact the same Maniacally
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 4 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
4 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
6 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
10 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.