Forum Settings
Forums

Any mature/psychological/shonen/seinen anime WITHOUT any romance/slice of life or ecchi elements?

New
May 6, 2015 12:28 PM

May 2015
I've run out of anime to watch. I'm seriously disappointed by the anime industry as there's barely something I'm interested in that I know from nowadays anime and I dislike romance a lot.

So far the series I have enjoyed are:
-Darker than Black (only season 1)
-Higurashi and Umineko Ni Naku Koro Ni
-Pandora Hearts
-Steins;Gate
-Kuroshitsuji
-Rozen Maiden
-Makai Ouji
-Dantalian no Shoka
-C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

I'd rather not see something overly hyped like AoT, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO, FMA, Hunter x Hunter or other mainstream anime, and possibly not older than 2004.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 2015 12:34 PM

Mar 2015
I'd rather not see something overly hyped like AoT, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO, FMA, Hunter x Hunter or other mainstream anime, and possibly not older than 2004.

If you're actually not watching those because of hype, there's your problem. I also don't get how SAO got lumped into that list.

How about Ghost in the Shell: SAC and Monster?
May 6, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2015
AttackOnTetris said:

If you're actually not watching those because of hype, there's your problem. I also don't get how SAO got lumped into that list.

How about Ghost in the Shell: SAC and Monster?

Pretty much that's the anime I heard mostly about. I don't want to watch them because I'm afraid I might waste my time since most hyped shows I have seen are disappointing.
I have already seen GitS but I forgot to put it in the list because I watched it dubbed instead.
May 6, 2015 12:48 PM

Mar 2015
You've seen both seasons of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex? Cause "2ND GIG" is arguably the best of the whole franchise.

Monster is also a must-see based on what you're looking for.

AoT and HxH (2011) are my all time favs, not because they are hyped but because they are the ultimate enjoyment to watch. And they both take a very mature approach (AoT 1st season may be more action-focused but definitely not childish, and the manga borders on seinen). HxH is in my opinion the most thoughtful series that I've seen yet, but just not in a pretentious way. It's something that you will enjoy watching the whole way through, and also be amazed at all of its elements and it will make you think.

Steins;Gate is ultra-hyped too so don't refuse to watch something due to hype.
May 6, 2015 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
Texhnolyze
May 6, 2015 12:53 PM

May 2015
AttackOnTetris said:
You've seen both seasons of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex? Cause "2ND GIG" is arguably the best of the whole franchise.

Monster is also a must-see based on what you're looking for.

AoT and HxH (2011) are my all time favs, not because they are hyped but because they are the ultimate enjoyment to watch. And they both take a very mature approach (AoT 1st season may be more action-focused but definitely not childish, and the manga borders on seinen). HxH is in my opinion the most thoughtful series that I've seen yet, but just not in a pretentious way. It's something that you will enjoy watching the whole way through, and also be amazed at all of its elements and it will make you think.

Steins;Gate is ultra-hyped too so don't refuse to watch something due to hype.

I saw both GiTs series along with its movies. I know Steins;Gate is overhyped too but it seemed different from most anime I have watched as I'm playing the VN instead of watching the anime, but it's the same show so that counts too. I'm going to try Monster though 74 episodes are a bit though.
May 6, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2014
TohyaHachijo said:

Pretty much that's the anime I heard mostly about. I don't want to watch them because I'm afraid I might waste my time since most hyped shows I have seen are disappointing.
I have already seen GitS but I forgot to put it in the list because I watched it dubbed instead.

Try reading the manga for monster I enjoyed the manga more than the anime the pacing is a bit better imo in the manga. Besides I think reading the manga is less time consuming if thats what you are worried about
May 6, 2015 12:57 PM

Mar 2015
Gotcha. Also maybe watch Ergo Proxy and Shiki although I haven't seen enough to recommend them.
May 6, 2015 1:05 PM
Nov 2013
Zetsuen no Tempest
May 6, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2015
Feaor said:
Texhnolyze
Totally forgot that anime's name as it was on my list a long time ago but I'm gong to give it a try.
vegaa said:
Zetsuen no Tempest

Was going to watch that too but I heard there's romance in it. I'm intolerant even at the slightest bit of it.
May 6, 2015 1:10 PM

Feb 2015
Psycho Pass? If it isn't too "mainstream" for you..
May 6, 2015 1:14 PM
Nov 2013
TohyaHachijo said:
Feaor said:
Texhnolyze
Totally forgot that anime's name as it was on my list a long time ago but I'm gong to give it a try.
vegaa said:
Zetsuen no Tempest

Was going to watch that too but I heard there's romance in it. I'm intolerant even at the slightest bit of it.

you should try & watch it i rly like it i don`t remeber to much about the romance seen it long time ago
May 6, 2015 1:20 PM

May 2015
vegaa said:
TohyaHachijo said:

you should try & watch it i rly like it i don`t remeber to much about the romance seen it long time ago

Gonna gve a try to the manga after I finish my current manga series then.
May 6, 2015 1:21 PM

May 2014
this is PRACTICALLY
fate zero
shisekai yori
hunter x hunter
psycho pass

all mainstream recs. but are widely accepted among elitists also.
May 6, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
You might want to check out "Gantz" was released in 2004 though personally many people prefer the Manga.
May 6, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2015
WAD1992 said:
this is PRACTICALLY
fate zero
shisekai yori
hunter x hunter
psycho pass

Once again, I said no romance at all.
May 6, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
you're cutting out some of your best choices when you dismiss snk, tokyo ghoul, etc. just for being 'mainstream', you do know that, right?

anyway, sports are probably a no-go for you as well, but since they fit your criteria:
haikyuu!!
kuroko no basuke

shounen, no romance, no sol, no ecchi... i feel like a barista rn.

May 6, 2015 1:41 PM

May 2015
Vanlou said:
You might want to check out "Gantz" was released in 2004 though personally many people prefer the Manga.
I actually found its anime adaption way too immature to deal with. Mature doesn't mean it has to have sex, nudity, or something that would please edgy kids. Not sure about the manga though.

picknmix said:
you're cutting out some of your best choices when you dismiss snk, tokyo ghoul, etc. just for being 'mainstream', you do know that, right?

anyway, sports are probably a no-go for you as well, but since they fit your criteria:
haikyuu!!
kuroko no basuke

shounen, no romance, no sol, no ecchi... i feel like a barista rn.

I'm totally not into sports anime.
May 6, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2014
TohyaHachijo said:
WAD1992 said:
this is PRACTICALLY
fate zero
shisekai yori
hunter x hunter
psycho pass

Once again, I said no romance at all.

kay.

your missing out though.

this anime's plot is GOD tier stuff, that u will probably never encounter again.
May 6, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2013
You said that you dislike romance a lot but some of you've enjoyed have a romance subplot. Please enlighten me.

But if I have to recommend you, Death Parade is the one (though I want to recommend Kaiji and Akagi to you but I haven't watched the two and I heard their good)
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 6, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2015
SweetCoconut said:
You said that you dislike romance a lot but some of you've enjoyed have a romance subplot. Please enlighten me.

But if I have to recommend you, Death Parade is the one (though I want to recommend Kaiji and Akagi to you but I haven't watched the two and I heard their good)
I watched Darker than Black season 1 because it had ZERO romance in it. Then I dropped the 2nd season and the OVAs because I disliked it.
Higurashi doesn't have any romance at all as it is focused on friendship, Umineko has romance but slightly only through the end because the repetetive romance clichés were starting to annoying me, but I finished it anyway because its romance subplot ended horribly bad and I spent 2 months on it (The VN).

Pandora Hearts is totally focused on friendship, as for the others which are Kuroshitsuji and Makai Ouji, it's a matter of loyalty not romantic plot. Steins;Gate doesn't have any romance involved as far as I know unless you want to see all the VN's endings which are non-canon and forced.
C also had only a forced kiss scene, not that it matters much.
May 6, 2015 2:00 PM

May 2014
Monster is definitely one of a kind, and compared to a lot of other shows you've mentioned, it isn't hyped at all. *u should check it out* :3

+
Paranoia Agent
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Kino no Tabi
Shiki
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Death Billiards + Death Parade
Noir

May 6, 2015 2:02 PM

May 2015
coromandel said:
Monster is definitely one of a kind, and compared to a lot of other shows you've mentioned, it isn't hyped at all. *u should check it out* :3

+
Paranoia Agent
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Kino no Tabi
Shiki
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Death Billiards + Death Parade
Noir

Forgot to put Madoka in the list too, but I dropped Death Parade at episode 3-4 because it seemed way too repetitive, probably I'm going to finish it soon.
May 6, 2015 2:04 PM

Feb 2015
Mousou Dairinin
Serial Experiments Lain
Boogiepop Phantom
Haibane Renmei (slice of life, tho)
Mononoke
May 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Feb 2011
Monster is like 50 episodes too long and extremely underwhelming, if you want something actually good try Shinsekai Yori
May 6, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2015
Kittenpotpie said:
Monster is like 50 episodes too long and extremely underwhelming, if you want something actually good try Shinsekai Yori
Well, if so many people say it's good I'm going to give it a try, but if there are kisses or other clichés everywhere there's no way I'm going to see it. The best I can tolerate is slightly shonen ai.
May 6, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
Aoi Bungaku

Flames slowly die. Embers turns to ash. Heat turns cold.
As I close my eyes, visions of past flash before me. I open my eyes; all I see is black, white, and gray.
May 6, 2015 3:41 PM

Sep 2014
TohyaHachijo said:
Kittenpotpie said:
Well, if so many people say it's good I'm going to give it a try, but if there are kisses or other clichés everywhere there's no way I'm going to see it. The best I can tolerate is slightly shonen ai.

What do you mean by kisses? Relationship and sex are side-topics in that show but there is no romance. I have to warn you: Monster is slow and takes a lot of time to introduce tons and tons of characters to you. But it will pick up pace and the good parts in the show are just incredible.

Shinsekai yori has romance but the whole relationship part is not your usual take on it. It's more like what the society is in that show.

Others I would recommend from what I watched:

- Baccano! (no romance in my book, although couples appear in that show...)
- Eve no Jikan (short, intense and relaxing, no romance)
- HxH 2011 (yes. Actually has mature themes despite its appearence. Also probably the smothest writing of plot and characters I have ever seen. no romance)
- Psycho Pass (lots of similarities to GitS)
- Kara no Kyoukai movies (very subtle romance, like very very subtle)

Not seen yet but probably going to fall into this category (no SoL, no ecchi, little to no romance):

- Legend of the Galactic Heroes (I heard it has some romance somewhere...probably not a lot though)
- Texhnolyze
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Aoi Bungaku Series (japanese literature)
- Ergo Proxy
- Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
May 6, 2015 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
My recommendation to you would be to convert to manga as it contains more of what you're looking for, e.g. Dosei Mansion, Hayabusa: Sanada Dengekichou, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, Anima, Hatsukanezumi no Jikan, Monochrome Myst, Kakukaku Shikajika, so on, so forth.

However, if you're deadset on anime, it wouldn't hurt to give these a shot:
  • Tsuritama
  • Hoozuki no Reitetsu
  • Uchouten Kazoku
  • Gatchaman Crowds
  • Momo e no Tegami
  • Red Garden
  • Selector Infected WIXOSS
  • Ghost Hound
  • +1 Aoi Bungaku, Monster, Haibane Renmei, Kino no Tabi, Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments Lain, Mononoke, Shinsekai Yori.
May 6, 2015 4:32 PM

Feb 2014
Can you really say something is over-hyped if you haven't seen it?
Where the fuck did Monday go?
May 6, 2015 4:50 PM

Mar 2015
Don't waste your time on Zetsuen no Tempest - the plot revolves around the works of shakespeare. It does have romance, and I don't like romance either - if you can't tolerate romance you'll absolutely hate it.

Also, SAO is very hyped and has romance, don't bother with that show either.

But you really should watch fullmetal alchemist, hunter x hunter, attack on titan, AND tokyo ghoul. They are all really good, and mostly deserving of their hype. FMA and HxH are both very good. Attack on Titan isn't a masterpiece or anything but its mature and entertaining. Tokyo ghoul season 1 was good, season 2 anime adaptation was lame - read the manga. Also you may like Baccano!, Parasite, Death Note, and Fate/Zero. All are serious with minimal or no romance, good action and pretty dark.

When watching shows with hype, just watch them hoping they will be good - not expecting perfection. Just enjoy them for what they are, you're doing yourself an injustice by ignoring popular shows simply because they are popular.
May 6, 2015 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
Kaiji, I rest my case.
May 7, 2015 1:25 AM

Oct 2014
Gankutsuou (review)
Monster
May 7, 2015 1:45 AM

Aug 2014
One Outs
May 7, 2015 2:59 AM
Jun 2013
The father of seinen and strategy animes, Legend of the Galactic Heroes
余は満足じゃ。

国の為重き努を果し得で矢弾尽き果て散るぞ悲しき
仇討たで野辺には朽ちじ吾は又七度生れて矛を執らむぞ
醜草の島に蔓る其の時の皇国の行手一途に思ふ
May 7, 2015 5:05 AM

May 2015
Protagony said:
My recommendation to you would be to convert to manga as it contains more of what you're looking for, e.g. Dosei Mansion, Hayabusa: Sanada Dengekichou, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, Anima, Hatsukanezumi no Jikan, Monochrome Myst, Kakukaku Shikajika, so on, so forth.

However, if you're deadset on anime, it wouldn't hurt to give these a shot:
  • Tsuritama
  • Hoozuki no Reitetsu
  • Uchouten Kazoku
  • Gatchaman Crowds
  • Momo e no Tegami
  • Red Garden
  • Selector Infected WIXOSS
  • Ghost Hound
  • +1 Aoi Bungaku, Monster, Haibane Renmei, Kino no Tabi, Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments Lain, Mononoke, Shinsekai Yori.
Indeed, I do already read them though.
May 7, 2015 8:10 AM

Mar 2015
okay, time for a second go at this:

nabari no ou
donten ni warau
sengoku basara
no.6
nanatsu no taizai
tactics
tegami bachi
owari no seraph

edit: lmao, auto-correct cracks me up every time
leukocyteofdoomMay 7, 2015 10:19 AM

May 7, 2015 9:27 AM

May 2015
picknmix said:

nabari no ou
donten ni warau
sengoku basara
no.6
nanatsu no taizai
tactics
tegami bachi
ovary no seraph

You sure Owari No Seraph doesn't have it? I looked at the manga a bit. Though I always check if there's romance in it, and I heard there's a pretty bad one in it.
May 7, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
TohyaHachijo said:
picknmix said:

nabari no ou
donten ni warau
sengoku basara
no.6
nanatsu no taizai
tactics
tegami bachi
ovary no seraph

You sure Owari No Seraph doesn't have it? I looked at the manga a bit. Though I always check if there's romance in it, and I heard there's a pretty bad one in it.

I read the manga and I haven't noticed any romance so I'm not sure what you're referring to :) romance isn't its main focus anyway.

+1 Donten ni Warau (though ther is a romance subplot with reincarnation or sth like that and there's girl who I think falls in love with the protagonist but romance isn't the main aspect and I don't like romance either and it didn't btoher me at all :))

+1 no. 6 (though this has hints of shounen ai but they are very random and only twice in the story and absolutely not important or necessary but it might be something you don't like it's a good anime though)

Kekkai Sensen (Shounen)

Brave 10 (seinen)

D. Gray Man

Saraiya Goyou (It's pretty mature but it has close to no plot it's centered around the characters and it's totally driven by them, the art is... different but I really enjoyed the characters and I loved the anime)

Terra Formars (Is this overhyped? It's mostly horror)

Death Parade (I don't know but I believe this is over-hyped? It's very good though)

Also am I right in assuming makai ouji is devils and realist? (I'm asking because I watched it and loved it but I didn't think anyone else did ;))

You also might like (these are anime that are niether shounen/psychological or mature) but they are a lot like some of the anime you mentioned

K (project)

Katekyo Hitman reborn! (the protagonist is on love with some girl but I totally just ignored that and it's not even remotely important also the first twenty episodes are from the daily life arc which is horrible so you might wnat to skip those)

Mekakucity Actors

Hamatora (the first episodes are episodic but the story gets better to the end)

Hakkenden (maybe)
I'm not rude... I just wasn't taught to politely pretend to be nice to people I can't stand.
May 7, 2015 12:47 PM

Feb 2013
hutner x hunter 2011

fate zero

psycho pass

baccano

bokurano

kara no kyoukai

shinsekai yori (there are kissing scenes and such, but no romance actually,.... its because of other reasons
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
May 7, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
+1 to Fate/Zero, HxH 2011, Kara no Kyoukai.

May 7, 2015 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
Why does romance bother you so damn much?
But id say give Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom a shot
May 7, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
Monster

Ergo Proxy

Jigoku Shoujou

Mawaru Penguindrum- full of symbols and black humor (in my opinion)
May 7, 2015 1:05 PM

May 2015
TheAlgea said:
TohyaHachijo said:

I read the manga and I haven't noticed any romance so I'm not sure what you're referring to :) romance isn't its main focus anyway.

+1 Donten ni Warau (though ther is a romance subplot with reincarnation or sth like that and there's girl who I think falls in love with the protagonist but romance isn't the main aspect and I don't like romance either and it didn't btoher me at all :))

+1 no. 6 (though this has hints of shounen ai but they are very random and only twice in the story and absolutely not important or necessary but it might be something you don't like it's a good anime though)

Kekkai Sensen (Shounen)

Brave 10 (seinen)

D. Gray Man

Saraiya Goyou (It's pretty mature but it has close to no plot it's centered around the characters and it's totally driven by them, the art is... different but I really enjoyed the characters and I loved the anime)

Terra Formars (Is this overhyped? It's mostly horror)

Death Parade (I don't know but I believe this is over-hyped? It's very good though)

Also am I right in assuming makai ouji is devils and realist? (I'm asking because I watched it and loved it but I didn't think anyone else did ;))

You also might like (these are anime that are niether shounen/psychological or mature) but they are a lot like some of the anime you mentioned

K (project)

Katekyo Hitman reborn! (the protagonist is on love with some girl but I totally just ignored that and it's not even remotely important also the first twenty episodes are from the daily life arc which is horrible so you might wnat to skip those)

Mekakucity Actors

Hamatora (the first episodes are episodic but the story gets better to the end)

Hakkenden (maybe)
Yes, Makai Ouji is the Japanese name for Devils and Realist.

SakurasouBusters said:
Why does romance bother you so damn much?
But id say give Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom a shot

Because it's everywhere and it's terribly repetitive, sometimes used just to sell more to the mass, which annoys me a lot.

As for everything else, I started watching and I'm enjoying Tegami Bachi. Shiki and Texhnolyze have my attention too and I might try to read Tokyo Ghoul's Manga.
Dec 8, 2015 6:04 PM
Dec 2015
I feel you on the romance thing, and I also do not like sports anime, and am pretty mad that the last three years of animes have consisted of panty shots, girls with huge boobs, harems and hidden behind all that junk, a rather weak story line. I also have pretty strong feelings for most mainstream anime, though I did grow up on most of it. Naruto and Bleach (talk about animes that are WAY too long) were good when they first came out, but they really should have ended at about fifty episodes, too many fillers and useless side characters. Ie never liked DBZ, the art is awful and honestly itś pretty boring, same with FMA (though the manga was better) and a lot of older mainstream animes.

However, I do encourage you to try just a few. Attack on Titan is something you can do without, yeah, thereś a lot of violence and gore, but thereś atleast two episodes of crying between any given fight scene, most of which are far too short. The plot and characters are very dull as well, and ultimately pretty predictable. Tokyo Ghoul is pretty good, even more so if you can find an unedited version with all itś gore. Itś very much a psychological thriller/horror anime. Thereś torture, death and a lot of stuff that makes you think. It also has no romance, and no fanservice. The plot is slightly stereotypical, but ultimately enthralling. Psycho Pass, also mainstream, but also totally worth the watch. Both of these animes had a much better first season and a kinda lacking second season. Still, I say they both deserve a 4 out of 5. SaO is awful, the first season was watchable and then the second season just turned into an incesty nightmare-ish poo.

Parasyte, 5 out of 5, a must watch. Talk about a great horror anime with tons of progression and originality. This anime is super intense, with glorious fight scenes, plus it only has one glorious season of 25 episodes, as Iḿ not a fan of long animes, this was a great one for me. There is romance, Iḿ not going to lie, but itś easy to dismiss, and is used specifically to further the plot and develop the main character, it takes nothing away from the anime like most romances do.

Seraph of the End is good. I would say a 3.5 out of 5. There is no romance, it is really all about family, though the way the two main male characters interact could totally be BL. Still, itś got decent fight scenes. The plot is kind of confusing in that we are half way through season two with no real sense of what is going on other than some OP kid has OP powers and will do anyrhing to protect his family.

Guilty Crown. Wow, what a great anime this was. 5 out of 5, a great anime visually and had a fantastic story line. There is a bit of romance in this too, but it is very slight and not really until the end. The plot was fantastic and original enough, the characters developed brilliantly and the super powers were all pretty cool. I actually liked all the characters, even the bad guys. Put it at the top of your watch list. Aslo, I have a challenge for you, see if you can watch it all the way through without crying, because I could not. It is the only anime to make me cry out of my ten years of watching anime.

The Fate series, Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade works are also very good, especially Unlimited Blade Works, which was possible one of the most visually appealing animes I have ever seen. Plenty of fight scenes and some awesome plot twists, I recommend it.

Terraformars is a good, violent, thriller anime that is pretty unique. Sometimes you want to shake the characters, but the show makes up for it with cool fight scenes and unique powers that are grafted into their DNA using animals (mostly bugs) not to mention the roaches make for interesting bad guys.

Speaking of visually appealing animes, I also suggest Rage of Bahamut. The anime is so unique, it has monsters, angels, demons and gods. ITś funny, and super action packed with a pretty amazing plot and quite a few twists. The art is so beautiful, and the characters so unique, it feels more like you are watching a movie. It is a personal favourite I recommend to anyone, and you seem to have similar tastes to myself.

Btoom is pretty good, but it does have romance. Imagine Call of Duty with bombs as an anime, and you have Btoom. Obviously plenty of death, but the romance in it is kinda annoying, still, if you run out of things to watch...

K is another pretty good anime. An interesting story, with fun characters, but there a bit of ecchi, but it isnt over the top. It is also pretty to watch, with lots of cool characters.

Jormungand is a good one. No romance, about an arms dealer. Huge plus, it is actually enjoyable in english. I like the unique characters and the whole bad ass vibe it had going.

Oh and I almost forgot One Punch Man! Now there is a quality anime. Currently releasing (sucks to have to wait to every sunday, but so worth it for this little treat) it will probably be pretty mainstream, if it is not already, just because of its outstanding art, witty comedy, and some surprisingly deep moments from the main characters. Everyone is so cool, it really is just one of those animes you should watch as soon as humanly possible. Total 5 out of 5.

I am sure there is more I am not thinking of right now, but I can post more later.
allmyfeelsDec 8, 2015 6:57 PM
Dec 8, 2015 6:35 PM

Jun 2011
If you are dissatisfied with newer anime, why not look into the past?

Wolf's Rain
http://myanimelist.net/anime/202/Wolfs_Rain?q=wolf

Neon Genesis Evangelion
http://myanimelist.net/anime/30/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion?q=neon

Paranoia Agent
http://myanimelist.net/anime/323/Mousou_Dairinin?q=Paranoia%20a

Serial Experiments Lain
http://myanimelist.net/anime/339/Serial_Experiments_Lain
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 9, 2015 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
Utsu Musume Sayuri
Nami
Inferno Cop
Dec 9, 2015 4:53 AM

Sep 2014
You're missing out on some really good options due to that cut off date(Such as Shadow Skill, and Yu Yu Hakusho, not to mention Hikaru no Go. That last one, can technically be considered a battle Shonen, just not in the classical sense, as there af no fighting in the typical sense. It's like Yugioh, but a million times better)

But within your cut-off date in mind, definitely watch Hero Tales, it came out in 2007.
Dec 9, 2015 4:54 AM

Sep 2009
Code Geass
Psycho Pass
Madoka
Wixoss
Mirai Nikki
Kiseijuu
FMA
Fate/Zero

Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 9, 2015 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
monster
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

9 by LoveYourEyes »»
8 seconds ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 43 minutes ago

2 by BitChilly »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime like Dragon Raja?

world_god - 24 minutes ago

0 by world_god »»
24 minutes ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

8 by duchessliz87 »»
1 hour ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 1 hour ago

0 by NaTsu879 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.