Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Has this adaptation shattered your faith in ufotable X type moon being amazing?
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 11, 2015 10:32 AM

Jun 2014
I try, I REALLY try to look at the changes ufotable has done in a positive light, but I'm more and more reaching my breaking point.
Apr 14, 2015 6:35 PM
May 2014
Grey-Zone said:
KamiCity said:
Trust me most VN readers really enjoy this series, it's only a select few who are being whiny little pricks.

Also the most vocal ones, which is why it seems as if the "whole" VN fanbase thinks that, although it could as well NOT be the case. Not even Beast's Lair is so salty.

When I mean't is VN purists since I don't think Vn fans are all whiny. I mean I seen some, especially one who really comes off as a big baby, but I won't say any name even thought you might know who he is especially. But most VN fans that I seen aren't whiny but yes the ones that are get more attention from mine since they leave the biggest impact. I often read too many comments from a lot of forums and you never annoyed me (I read too much forums especially from FSN UBW and FZ but no I won't read 1000+ comments about one episode mind you). But yeah
Apr 14, 2015 6:59 PM

Jun 2014
It's quite boring to be honest after all the hype, now I won't judge it since I haven't played the VN yet.
Apr 14, 2015 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
Thai777 said:
It's quite boring to be honest after all the hype, now I won't judge it since I haven't played the VN yet.
it's understandable a lot of people came into this series expecting a full on action show because of the hype. it's really a character driven piece and is definitely not an "instant satisfaction" series but you'll probably see by the end why so many people loves this so much. Hell if you've seen Kara no Kyoukai you'd have a better idea of the kind of story telling this series has. if i were to apply manga terms to this series i wanna say that it's a Seinen with shounin flavor.
Apr 15, 2015 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Grey-Zone said:
CookingPriest said:

Not really.It just needs a good director that can portray atmosphere and spend a lot of time in character's heads.

It would basically require constant monologues, which would bore a lot of viewers.

Monogatari.

Maloghurst said:
Thai777 said:
it's understandable a lot of people came into this series expecting a full on action show because of the hype. it's really a character driven piece and is definitely not an "instant satisfaction" series but you'll probably see by the end why so many people loves this so much. Hell if you've seen Kara no Kyoukai you'd have a better idea of the kind of story telling this series has. if i were to apply manga terms to this series i wanna say that it's a Seinen with shounin flavor.

Does not help that it is a character driven piece with all of character driven material removed or watered-down in adaptation.
Apr 15, 2015 4:50 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

It would basically require constant monologues, which would bore a lot of viewers.

Monogatari.

Maloghurst said:

Does not help that it is a character driven piece with all of character driven material removed or watered-down in adaptation.

Doesn't help either how I couldn't understand all those term for magic and how shirou projection work. Maybe it was explained but I don't remember seeing any explanation of all those magic term they shoved at the beginning.
Apr 15, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2007
The explanations are in source material but were for some reason removed or trimmed for adaptation. Which will create a lot of problems near the end of the show. A LOT.
Apr 15, 2015 5:32 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
The explanations are in source material but were for some reason removed or trimmed for adaptation. Which will create a lot of problems near the end of the show. A LOT.

You average viewer won't care as long the fights are good, the animation is gorgeous and the plot is at least semi-coherent.
Apr 15, 2015 5:59 AM

Mar 2015
DocAwesome said:
CookingPriest said:

You average viewer won't care as long the fights are good, the animation is gorgeous and the plot is at least semi-coherent.

Yep, UBW's gathering quite a lot of fans! It's remarkable that so many people I know are beginning to take interest in the Nasuverse because of this adaptation. Of course, there are just as many haters, but hey, what franchise/series doesn't have their own set of naysayers?
Apr 15, 2015 6:06 AM

Jul 2007
DocAwesome said:
CookingPriest said:

Your average viewer will thing FSN is a generic fighting shonen with dense protagonist and lots of asspull, but hey animation is great~
Apr 15, 2015 6:17 AM

Oct 2011
I would be more happy if the anime had more Sakura but so far it is enjoyable.
Apr 15, 2015 6:18 AM

Feb 2015
Gov said:

Thats for HF movies ;)
Apr 15, 2015 6:21 AM

Oct 2011
chat77 said:
Gov said:

Thats for HF movies ;)

They get movies too? Interesting.

Will definitely check it out when they to America.
Apr 15, 2015 6:24 AM

Feb 2015
Gov said:
chat77 said:

Thats for HF movies ;)

Sakura is pretty much non-existent in this TV series.The movies will depict an alternate timeline where instead of Rin, Sakura is the main girl and will play a much active role.Same goes with FSN Rider.
Apr 15, 2015 6:26 AM

Aug 2014
Gov said:
chat77 said:

Thats for HF movies ;)

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25537/Fate/stay_night:_Heavens_Feel

Unknown if single movie or multiple, though.
Apr 15, 2015 6:30 AM

Oct 2011
I see. No timeline when it is coming, so I will probably forget until I see it on the top of MAL movie rankings.

Pump out those 10/10 people.
Apr 15, 2015 6:35 AM

Mar 2015
Gov said:
I see. No timeline when it is coming, so I will probably forget until I see it on the top of MAL movie rankings.

Yep! I'm giving out 10s like a true blind fanboy. Gotta get 'em to the top 10 :3
Apr 15, 2015 6:39 AM

Oct 2011
OneTrueEmiya said:
Gov said:

Yep! I'm giving out 10s like a true blind fanboy. Gotta get 'em to the top 10 :3

Lol

People were legitimately pissed that Gintama 2015 was number 1 on MAL for a time and so I can't wait until I see this move at the top of the list. The usual FSN haters are interesting enough but the whole community coming together to hate on something, will be a treat to watch.
May 5, 2015 6:54 PM
May 2014
CookingPriest said:
DocAwesome said:

Your average viewer will thing FSN is a generic fighting shonen with dense protagonist and lots of asspull, but hey animation is great~

Wiill you stop stuffing words in anime onlies. You aren't one so don't think you know what they think while you clearly don't even have an idea. Before I seen the VN and when I only saw first season, I nver saw this as a generic fighting shonen, never thought that the protagonist was generic, dense I have to admit yes but hey, don't blame me if he can't figure out that Sakura loves him after this long and there wasn't many asspulls. There was like what one of them but not a lot like you seem to think. The only asspull was something that was explained in Fate not UBW and yes, the animation is to die for but when I was anime only, I enjoyed everything this series had to offer, not only fight scenes.

Most anime fans really enjoyed this series and a lot have started the Vn and other things in the Nasu Verse because of this. It isn't shitty, it isn't bad, it isn't awful, it isn't cheap fireworks, it's legitatitly(failed spelling this word) a great anime.

There is a reason it's this popular and that's not because of only the Vn fans. The majority of anime watchers think it's good, of course there are the ones that don't think that but yeah and the Vn is more boring than the anime. While I personally don't think it's boring at all(Well, actually there are numerous scenes that were dragged on and without emotion at all like Saber being taken by Castah, was so long and boring) but generally, it was a fine piece of entertaiment. Just some moments, like you could count them on two fingers but still, I was never bored with animu so...
May 5, 2015 9:15 PM

Nov 2012
Mathias2001 said:
CookingPriest said:

Wiill you stop stuffing words in anime onlies. You aren't one so don't think you know what they think while you clearly don't even have an idea. Before I seen the VN and when I only saw first season, I nver saw this as a generic fighting shonen, never thought that the protagonist was generic, dense I have to admit yes but hey, don't blame me if he can't figure out that Sakura loves him after this long and there wasn't many asspulls. There was like what one of them but not a lot like you seem to think. The only asspull was something that was explained in Fate not UBW and yes, the animation is to die for but when I was anime only, I enjoyed everything this series had to offer, not only fight scenes.

Most anime fans really enjoyed this series and a lot have started the Vn and other things in the Nasu Verse because of this. It isn't shitty, it isn't bad, it isn't awful, it isn't cheap fireworks, it's legitatitly(failed spelling this word) a great anime.

There is a reason it's this popular and that's not because of only the Vn fans. The majority of anime watchers think it's good, of course there are the ones that don't think that but yeah and the Vn is more boring than the anime. While I personally don't think it's boring at all(Well, actually there are numerous scenes that were dragged on and without emotion at all like Saber being taken by Castah, was so long and boring) but generally, it was a fine piece of entertaiment. Just some moments, like you could count them on two fingers but still, I was never bored with animu so...

I happened to come into this thread and saw this post and wanted to state I'm glad you said this stuff. Some of these VN readers are always talking about what we anime onlies are thinking, how we can't enjoy watching Fate Zero first and then watching this,some of them are always so pompous about it too like anything they say about what we think must be 100 percent true. I don't get how they suspect these things when Fate UBW clearly has a high rating on this site. Then there's the whole thing about them basically taking over the discussion episode threads arguing with each other about the VN not being adapted properly and other VN related discussions, pretending their comments, which I assume they think are witty, aren't glorified spoilers and the such.
Jaywalker.
May 5, 2015 9:33 PM

Sep 2008
Epicenter said:
Mathias2001 said:

I happened to come into this thread and saw this post and wanted to state I'm glad you said this stuff. Some of these VN readers are always talking about what we anime onlies are thinking, how we can't enjoy watching Fate Zero first and then watching this,some of them are always so pompous about it too like anything they say about what we think must be 100 percent true. I don't get how they suspect these things when Fate UBW clearly has a high rating on this site. Then there's the whole thing about them basically taking over the discussion episode threads arguing with each other about the VN not being adapted properly and other VN related discussions, pretending their comments, which I assume they think are witty, aren't glorified spoilers and the such.

Mainly it's them saying that the AO are either getting different information or just plain wrong information. It isn't 100% true but considering the people i know in real life watching this and their statements along with those online, it isn't far from the truth.

Is it a good anime? yes, is it a good adaptation? No and for the later no one but the visual novel readers can really have an opinion on that regard. Does it have a high rating? yes, but so does One Punch Man and that hasn't even come out yet...high rating cause hype, studio, previous work, and series. Same can be said for fate/stay night. ufotable is doing it...they did KnK and Fate/Zero, along with the popularity of F/SN in general it is a brew of good shit...the problem is whether people can look past the hype and see it for what it is. In this regard i blame no one but the director...the animations are pretty good, affects are amazing...VA are great, sound is great...but what is being thrown together, at least for me, is not up to par.
May 5, 2015 9:45 PM

Nov 2012
TheUnknownMerc said:
Epicenter said:

Mainly it's them saying that the AO are either getting different information or just plain wrong information. It isn't 100% true but considering the people i know in real life watching this and their statements along with those online, it isn't far from the truth.

Is it a good anime? yes, is it a good adaptation? No and for the later no one but the visual novel readers can really have an opinion on that regard. Does it have a high rating? yes, but so does One Punch Man and that hasn't even come out yet...high rating cause hype, studio, previous work, and series. Same can be said for fate/stay night. ufotable is doing it...they did KnK and Fate/Zero, along with the popularity of F/SN in general it is a brew of good shit...the problem is whether people can look past the hype and see it for what it is. In this regard i blame no one but the director...the animations are pretty good, affects are amazing...VA are great, sound is great...but what is being thrown together, at least for me, is not up to par.

Yeah I get hype and all that effecting the ratings before hand, but whenever something is shitty-or below the hype- and not perceived well regardless of the prior high hype it does not stay so high listed, it drops into the 7's, or even worse. Just look at the ratings for Psycho Pass 2, both Aldnoah Zero seasons and Ninja Slayer, when an anime goes to crap its ratings change drastically, if the mass majority of anime onlines had such a negative outlook on UBW as some people try to pretend the first seasons, and even this season at this point, would clearly have ratings show a drop of noticeable proportions. I guarantee you if people have a grudge with One Punch man that rating will drop.
Jaywalker.
May 5, 2015 9:53 PM

May 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Btw I'm watching the show with two RL friends that are AO and they don't make retarded assumptions like "Shirou's power is summoning Archer's swords" instead of "Shirou's power is projection".

Also they are willing to suspend their disbelief until explanations due to having watched Fate/Zero first (I didn't think they would see/read F/sn so I just showed it to them) because they know that Fate/ isn't some lazily written piece of trash

But then again, I don't know what kind of AO idiots on the Internet Fai looks for. I would hope more people would be open-minded like my friends but who knows.

The Youtube comment section.

That is all.
May 5, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
In fact, the anime reviews I watch of an anime only is very positive and so is the common section, except rogue angry VN readers, in particular Harry Dresden who from what I gather from comments in this section is the CookingPriest or "Fai". And if that's not the CookingPriest, perhaps there's some other person people on this forum say is this guy always ranting.
EpicenterMay 5, 2015 10:00 PM
Jaywalker.
May 5, 2015 10:06 PM

May 2014
Epicenter said:
In fact, the anime reviews I watch of an anime only is very positive and so is the common section, except rogue angry VN readers, in particular Harry Dresden who from what I gather from comments in this section is the CookingPriest or "Fai". And if that's not the CookingPriest, perhaps there's some other person people on this forum say is this guy always ranting.

Yeah Fai is old man Harry. And some other people.
May 5, 2015 10:14 PM

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
WrongPriest said:

The Youtube comment section.

That is all.
Lol...I'm not even going to go there.

I have a friend who is watching it 100% blind, since he's not even an anime watcher, so he knows nothing of Zero or DEENight, and it's the same deal. He doesn't complain about nor hold any of the misconceptions Fai claims the filthy anime only casuals will have.

Of course those people exist, but they're in places like the youtube comments, a place you only go if you're actively seeking to destroy your own faith in humanity.

Granted, at the same time, there are issues with the adaptation; My friend usually has a fairly long list of questions for me after every episode, which I'm content to indulge him in; some of them are simply because he hasn't gone through fate, but some of them are unclear or not properly portrayed and count as issues with the adaptation.

But on the whole, they're minor things that certainly don't ruin the adaptation. For the most part, things work and make sense if you're paying attention but not reading too much into meaningless things (like, say, a certain somebody stumbling in one scene). The devil is in the details, of which there are a fuckton of intricacies and exceptions because it's nasuverse, but for the show to work, it really does not (and should not) explain them all in detail.

As per the usual, it's not perfect, but it's also not as bad as the most vocal naysayers claim it to be.
May 5, 2015 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
I think the youtube comment section gets too much of bad rap, it's not that much different than any other online community with mostly good but rare problems. Honestly, unless you're on music, political and such videos where racism, sexism and overall bigotry will arise it's just fine. The worst thing about youtube comment sections for tv shows and stuff like that is probably spoilers, they're much more blatant and brazen with it-at least in this forum some vn readers will tell people to spoiler tag their spoilers and hide their spoilers in witty remarks-. Which is why I was glad I read the AOIAF so I couldn't get spoiled anymore when it came to GOT.

Tumblr though.........I swear that place is crazy, about everything and anything.
EpicenterMay 5, 2015 10:31 PM
Jaywalker.
May 5, 2015 10:33 PM

May 2014
I use Tumblr for what it's designed to be used for, finding Pictures and gifs of my various Waifus.
May 5, 2015 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
WrongPriest said:
I use Tumblr for what it's designed to be used for, finding Pictures and gifs of my various Waifus.

That's true, when it comes to getting gifs and pics for stuff be it for avatars, sigs or even fapping tumblr is the best, but the opinion pieces and overall crazies there are mind blowing.
Jaywalker.
May 5, 2015 11:19 PM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:
Epicenter said:

that's our fai, he def knows were to find that cancer.
May 5, 2015 11:21 PM

Feb 2015
Maloghurst said:
WrongPriest said:

that's our fai, he def knows were to find that cancer.

comes with living the life of a CG
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.