Forum Settings
Forums

New Author To Succeed to Crayon Shin-chan Manga

New
Nov 30, 2009 7:54 PM

Feb 2008
According to Nikkan Sports, the serialization of manga Crayon Shin-chan will be resumed next summer. Futabasha will assign the series to a new author.

The 18th movie of Crayon Shin-chan anime will be premiered on April 17th. The title is "Crayon Shin-chan: Chojiku! Arashi wo Yobu Ora no Hanayome" and Shinnosuke time-travels with his future wife.

Source: Nikkan Sports
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 30, 2009 8:38 PM

May 2009
Too much of a money-maker to let it go, I guess. It's business first after all and I'm assuming there are still mobs of Crayon Shin-chan fans out there.
Nov 30, 2009 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
I kinda guessed this would happen once i heard that he died.
Nov 30, 2009 8:50 PM

Apr 2008
The only bad thing is , the stress on the next person... its a pretty high standard to live up to and i'm worried people would critizce the art / story in comparison to original
Nov 30, 2009 10:49 PM

Jul 2009
Is it really possible to have a new author on a manga? The art will be different...
This is a signature.
Nov 30, 2009 11:28 PM

Oct 2007
Not entirely different though.
I mean, look at doujinshi - some of them can look pretty muc like the originals, so why wouldn't Jump get someone who can draw almost identically to the original mangaka?

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Nov 30, 2009 11:57 PM

Nov 2007
Well, I guess money comes first. But it's kinda sad seeing as they can replace you in a whim even though you created of the most popular manga series.

Dec 1, 2009 1:08 AM

Nov 2007
wow shin-chan LIVES!!!!! i say good luck to the new guy

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Dec 1, 2009 1:26 AM

Oct 2007
i guess the style will change.. but i hope to hear more positive reactions about this..
Dec 1, 2009 5:49 AM

Dec 2007
Damn. I wonder if the aliens will abduct this one as well.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 1, 2009 5:50 AM

Jan 2008
This isnt very common in Japan is it? Seems like an American comic attitude with ever-revolving writers/artists.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 1, 2009 6:09 AM

Nov 2007
I'm sure there were some assistant workers for the original manga author... I bet maybe one of them will take over the work.

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Dec 1, 2009 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
dtshyk said:
The 18th movie of Crayon Shin-chan anime will be premiered on April 17th. The title is "Crayon Shin-chan: Chojiku! Arashi wo Yobu Ora no Hanayome" and Shinnosuke time-travels with his future wife.

I actually think that sounds pretty fun. C'mon, the kid is like what, 10? I remember watching the show a long time ago, it was quite good, but since there are so many eps, it's a drag trying to keep with the show.
Dec 1, 2009 8:29 PM
Feb 2009
I find that pathetic, really. Just disposing of a corpse and telling some other guy to continue it so it keeps making money.
Dec 1, 2009 8:43 PM

Apr 2008
_Me_ said:
I find that pathetic, really. Just disposing of a corpse and telling some other guy to continue it so it keeps making money.

Isn't that what happened with Walt Disney ... (and yes it is comparable) lol
Dec 1, 2009 10:37 PM

Aug 2009
uuu,,
_Me_ said:

agreed with this.
Its better to finished the series.
not bcoz I dun like it, but poor the real author.
Dec 1, 2009 10:40 PM

Apr 2008
Mixed feelings. This feels so...this might turn in the wrong direction. But Shin fans would hate to see it abruptly go.

Also, I think authors can pick successors (like Go Nagai's...but the successor passed away?)
Dec 2, 2009 1:10 AM

Aug 2009
That news still makes me sad... RIP, Usui-kun... TT_TT

But I doubt that it will go fine. I mean, no one can replace Usui, who draw Shin-chan only for his entire life. I'm really concerned.

Sad... Crayon Shin-chan was my childhood favourite anime; I grew with it.
Dec 2, 2009 2:55 AM

Apr 2009
eehhh? well i still hope it's still hilarious as hell haha
Dec 2, 2009 9:07 AM

Mar 2008
Well, around here it's rather common to replace the authur of a long-running series when they pass away. There's money involved, of course, lots.

I'm not really worried about the art style, I've seen doujins from several series that I thought were perfectely canon, and the art style of Shin-chan is not that hard to use.

Though I wonder if the new one has the exact same kind of humour and story telling style... Fans might bash them for it.
Dec 5, 2009 1:19 AM

Jun 2009
To think about it... replacing authors...

........ (Planning the murder of Naruto's author)...

I'm such an evil person...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2009 9:14 AM
Mar 2009
cabbit-chan said:
Not entirely different though.
I mean, look at doujinshi - some of them can look pretty muc like the originals, so why wouldn't Jump get someone who can draw almost identically to the original mangaka?

Did....did you just say that Shin-chan is published in Jump?
Dec 5, 2009 6:00 PM

Dec 2009
I think there are many fans want the family to continue, like Doraemon etc.
For a family series like this, its quite common that some original scripts are actually not written by author but by others.
It may not be as "popular" due to public resistance as seen here.
Jul 2, 2010 12:15 PM
Mar 2010
I for one want this to be continued. I doubt anyone that says this series was milked even read the manga (probably just watched some random episodes on TV). Especially since this manga is not published under Jump, which mean the whole idea of long story gets milked by the company to be nonsensical.

The only thing that worries me is how the new author will handle Usui's sense of humor. I've seen other work of Shin Chan, drawn and written by someone else and the humor doesn't seems that funny, the character dynamic seems to be missing (then again, it's probably because it was in a long story format, not the usual gag format).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
7 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.