Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Bleach is way better imo.
Feb 12, 2015 9:10 AM

Sep 2014
Definitely Bleach. The battles are fun and the plot is linear and not contrived like Naruto's.
Feb 12, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 2014
Naruto is not only better, but I would say Bleach isn't even worth watching past a couple of seasons. The filler then kicks in, and even the canon episodes are long, drawn out, repetitive fights. Bleach has no character development and only one notable twist in 300 episodes.

Naruto, on the other hand, starts a little weak for the first few episodes, but once they leave the village and meet the first villain, it's great. The fights are fast-paced, strategic, with interesting abilities, actual character development (very rare to find in a battle anime), and with great twists. Naruto classic's filler only happens after the canon episodes end, so you don't have to put up with filler getting in the way. With Naruto Shippuden however, the filler kicks in a few seasons in, which is easy to skip (filler lasts roughly a season at a time), but later on, some fights are dragged out (usually with flashbacks) to pad length to avoid filler. The fights are still good, the characters develop, and there are several twists, but you do have to manoeuvre around filler. When Shippuden is good, it's great, when it's bad, it's boring as hell.

In short, watch Naruto classic until filler starts, then go Shippuden, avoiding filler. For Bleach, watch until the first filler season starts, then probably jump 300 episodes to see the conclusion.
Feb 12, 2015 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
hunter x hunter just beats all

ive only seen and loved bleach though so BLEACH :)

and to be honest i actually enjoyed the fillers even the dreaded bount arc one.
Feb 12, 2015 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
Both of them if they interest you.
Feb 12, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2013
Kisuke_ said:
If you watch Naruto, you don't need to read the manga.

If you watch Bleach, you will have to read the manga in order to continue the story

yep. watch gintama
mitch3315 said:
Sasuke and Naruto kissed, show is obviously hardcore yaoi.
Feb 12, 2015 10:34 AM

Jan 2015
i personally think you should go with neither there are better shounen out there such as Hxh 2011 and fmab which could be considered dark shounens.

but between the two i would watch naruto over bleach. watch naruto up until 136 or wherever that arc ends. because the next 84 episodes are filler.( imo i dont how it got away with 2 years of filler) then watch naruto shippuden and try to avoid filler episodes i dont know them off the top of my head sorry. just to let you know i think by the time you catch up to naruto the series should be wrapped up or close to it.

as for bleach read the manga its more bearable that way<

be warned each episode of both bleach and naruto takes it upon themselves to have like 7 minute recap of the previous episode
Mar 31, 2016 9:58 AM
Jan 2016
Bleach, skip the fillers especially the bount arc. However some fillers are actually good, just research to find out which ones are shit.
Mar 31, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2011
Don't listen to plebs, the real shounen truth is as such =

Tier 1 - Hunter x Hunter / One Piece / Fullmetal Alchemist (both versions)

Tier 2 - Yu Yu Hakusho / Dragon Ball (Original) / D. Gray-man / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Tier 3 - Naruto (no fillers please) / Bleach (first arc only) / Soul Eater / Dragon Ball Z

Tier 4 - Fairy Tail / Hitman Reborn / Magi / Blue Exorcist / MAR

Everything from Tier 1-3 is worth watching if you really like shounen, though there is a big quality dip between 2-3. And Tier 1 is pretty much essential no matter who you are. Doesn't mean you are guaranteed to like them, but the quality is there nonetheless.

Admittedly there are parts of Naruto that are actually more like Tier 2, but its too inconsistent imo and the fights become less interesting over time. And maybe Bleach's first arc is Tier 2 as well, but it should be punished for sucking so much afterwards, plus it starts out too slowly.

I can't speak for Toriko, Shaman King, Gash Bell!, Law of Ueki, but they all strike me as shows that could potentially entertain someone who really likes shounen but probably aren't worth watching if not.
LayedBackMar 31, 2016 11:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2016 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Watch Bleach, naruto is shit.
Mar 31, 2016 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
Lol at people saying Naruto is shit. It's not the best anime around, but it's definitely better than Bleach. Just skip the filler in Naruto Shippuden (Seasons 5,7 and 9 mainly, other parts too) and it's good. Great fights and so many "oh shit" moments
Mar 31, 2016 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
I dropped Bleach myself but heard it isn't that bad if u skip the fillers. I really liked Naruto until they started with fillers, now i just dont want to watch it anymore.
Mar 31, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2015
Look, Naruto was my first anime and Bleach my second.
I love Naruto (1st Season), Shippuden is really cool too but there is a lot of fucking fillers.....
However Bleach, I loved it, but dropped it in the episode ~250. Why? Because it then becomes bad.
So I would recommend you Naruto.
Enjoy your adventure!

Apr 30, 2016 12:49 PM
Apr 2016
You shoud watch Bleach. Don't watch Naruto... Bleach is better than this ' anime '( naruto) ...
Bleach_e_qkoApr 30, 2016 12:58 PM
Apr 30, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2016
That depends on what you need though. I mostly watch bleach when I am taking a shit and there's nothing else to read. I find all the chemical documentation rather interesting.

So yeah, I think you should probably start with bleach.
Dec 29, 2016 4:34 PM
Dec 2016
One Piece is the best out of the big 3 IMO. One Piece is my all time favorite Anime and Manga series of all time so I am being a bit bias but I've heard more people say One Piece is the best out of the big 3. I like Bleach and Naruto but I've always liked Bleach more. The storyline was just more appealing to me, The Characters, and I really love the fact how Ichigo doesn't have this "I Wanna Be The Best" type of life goal like we've seen a bunch of times in Shounen Jump. He's just a really humble dude who wants to pretect People and who fights to survive.
Dec 29, 2016 4:46 PM
Jul 2013
JadenVH said:
One Piece is the best out of the big 3 IMO. One Piece is my all time favorite Anime and Manga series of all time so I am being a bit bias but I've heard more people say One Piece is the best out of the big 3. I like Bleach and Naruto but I've always liked Bleach more. The storyline was just more appealing to me, The Characters, and I really love the fact how Ichigo doesn't have this "I Wanna Be The Best" type of life goal like we've seen a bunch of times in Shounen Jump. He's just a really humble dude who wants to pretect People and who fights to survive.

??? this thread is dead buddy
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - 6 hours ago

3 by pludel2 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for harem + ecchi + adventure

aizen_sosuke3162 - 10 hours ago

2 by Longnines »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for trash anime

Ashik01 - May 8

9 by tmoverbeck »»
6 hours ago

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - May 7

14 by mo_lave »»
11 hours ago

» Looking for friendly and open-minded girls

Nagi_Karman - Today

3 by mo_lave »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.