Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (73) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2007
MagicalMeido said:
What director is best suited to direct F/SN HF?

Miura because the show deserves equaltreatment.
Apr 7, 2015 2:07 PM

Jan 2015
MagicalMeido said:

The guy who did Technolyze and KnK 5.

or whoever they used for Fate Zero. someone familar with darker tones / intricate plots.
Apr 7, 2015 2:13 PM
Oct 2011
Grapekiwi said:
MagicalMeido said:

or whoever they used for Fate Zero. someone familar with darker tones / intricate plots.

Aoki has left ufotable, from what I know.
Apr 7, 2015 2:15 PM

Oct 2014
I liked KnK 3 I wouldn't mind that guy doing HF either.
Apr 7, 2015 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
Grapekiwi said:
MagicalMeido said:

Yeah... Don't think that will work out well.

Grapekiwi said:
or whoever they used for Fate Zero.
Maybe a better choice, but then again loldatA.Zinterview.
Apr 7, 2015 2:17 PM

May 2013
nocorras said:

Was just about to say that movie 3 probably is the closest in atmosphere but not quite. IMO KnK overall had great atmosphere though. I actually think that movie 5's rather overrated, there's a few(including 3) I liked better.

A big thing is the music though, I just don't like this show's music nearly as much as KnK's. It's nowhere near. Same deal with F/Z. I have no clue why they didn't just go with Kajiura.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 7, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2007
ijuka said:
nocorras said:

Was just about to say that movie 3 probably is the closest in atmosphere but not quite. IMO KnK overall had great atmosphere though. I actually think that movie 5's rather overrated, there's a few(including 3) I liked better.

A big thing is the music though, I just don't like this show's music nearly as much as KnK's. It's nowhere near. Same deal with F/Z. I have no clue why they didn't just go with Kajiura.

Yeah no.

Fukusawa's OST is miles above Kajiura's so far. It is just not used well.

As an example one of the best tracks in OST plays...during previews... and This brilliant track plays for total of 15 seconds in whole show.
Apr 7, 2015 2:23 PM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
Yeah no.

As an example one of the best tracks in OST plays...during previews... and This brilliant track plays for total of 15 seconds in whole show.

2nd cour.
Apr 7, 2015 2:27 PM

May 2013
CookingPriest said:
ijuka said:

Yeah no.

You think? The only track I can actually even remember is the one when Archer used Caladbolg. Compared to F/Z where I looked up and downloaded numerous tracks just to listen to them and remind me of the scenes they're used in.

That "this brilliant track" one is good although it's pretty draggy and to me has the same issue as the rest of the OST - It's mostly just background music and doesn't make me want to specifically listen to it. It sometimes feels as if the soundtrack doesn't exist or barely exists, which isn't the feeling I got from the KnK OST at all. For example, this track:

immediately gives me the "wow, this is amazing", especially how it used parts of other tracks from earlier in the show. The UBW OST at this point just feels almost irrelevant, which really isn't how it in my opinion should be at all. It's disappointing because the Mahoyo VN had many amazing tracks.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 7, 2015 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
KNK ost is mostly background atmosphere setters nothing too memorable on their own.

FZ ost the only track that I remember is battle to thestrongbecause it was stuffed into every single fight.

Did not really like the caladbolg track. SOunded like generic movie driven.

First of Desperate ~Awakening(projection track), Into the Battles and UBW track beat anything in zero for me so far.
Apr 7, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2011
Main reason i want Fukusawa instead of Kajiura is because i feel his style fits EMIYA far more. Yuki would prob include vocals as the melody.
Apr 7, 2015 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
can servants kill shiki
BAN ME
Apr 7, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2007
Theorder14 said:
Main reason i want Fukusawa instead of Kajiura is because i feel his style fits EMIYA far more. Yuki would prob include vocals as the melody.

Vocals are great in melody - 2012 version is made great because of them.

THe problem is that Kajiura would remove guitar elements, techno elements and beat and replace it all with cheap gothic choruses and funeral marches.
Apr 7, 2015 2:58 PM

May 2013
CookingPriest said:
KNK ost is mostly background atmosphere setters nothing too memorable on their own.

FZ ost the only track that I remember is battle to thestrongbecause it was stuffed into every single fight.

First of Desperate ~Awakening(projection track), Into the Battles and UBW track beat anything in zero for me so far.

Well, usually when an OST doesn't make me look songs up I'll consider it a failure, but let's see.

Actually listening to the soundtrack now, there's a few good tracks, or parts more accurately. Unlimited Blade Works's beginning is good. Very good in fact. I don't like the rest of the track as much but that doesn't matter so much. After that one though it is boring boring boring boring. Souls to Fight is good for the 10 seconds, then is boring. I'm not sure what it is that makes these uninteresting because in theory I love this kind of music.

Storm is good but again the problem with just repeating one thing. I still don't like Into the Battles that much, not sure why. It's not bad but doesn't give me the feeling... But this is the thing. The track I said I liked(Arrow) is 33 seconds long. How can you listen to that? Why not expand upon it? It's like it's a single melody and that's a 30-60s track...

Awakening track has a good 33s beginning but after that it becomes pretty boring to me. It's like it's lacking something. Predictable? it doesn't make me go "Wow, that was very interestingly done or surprising". It's not that it's bad but... Ah, becomes good again around 2:15. I wonder why they had that boring part until then.

Anyway, I'll need to retract my statement, the track Unlimited Blade Works's first minute does make me want to look it up, I'm not sure why I had forgotten about it. Certain parts of the Awakening track as well, although I get bored by around 70% of it.

While it's true that Battle is to the Strong is overused, I really like it and I prefer battle themes to be spammed in battles over being used once and forgotten.

Finally, I'm not sure why Kajiura would remove guitar and techno elements and beat. Has she fallen so low? I mean, Kajiura used to have totally boss techno tracks like

, which is some of my favorite battle music ever.
Apr 7, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:

Wow at this taste.
Apr 7, 2015 5:02 PM

Jul 2007
Grapekiwi said:
CookingPriest said:

Wow at this taste.

Sorry, unless it is composed by Shoji Meguro , Shiro Sagisu, Hideyuki Fukusawa or Nobuo Uematsu, chances are unless OST is REALLY good I won't give a shit about it beyond background noise.

Kajiura after composing Song of Storm and Fire became background noise.
Apr 9, 2015 8:07 AM

Jan 2015
Does Fate / Zero Rider have ANYTHING aside from Ionian Hetairoi and mounts?

does he not have any magical abilities or ranged moves?

I mean, if thats so - hes pretty damn underwhelming.
Apr 9, 2015 8:09 AM

May 2014
I guess he could throw his sword if he wanted too. Might miss though.
Apr 9, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2014
Grapekiwi said:

Don't think he has anything else.
Apr 9, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2013
He has a beard.

But anyway, he has that lightning chariot thing I believe? I don't think it's really an issue, riders should use mounts...
Apr 9, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2014
His soldiers can throw spears. That might hurt.
Apr 9, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2015
Grapekiwi said:

Yep. His main selling point is that he has a Reality Marble, which must be cool for newcomers since no one else seems to be able to do the same. Of course,

He has a cool sword too. :/
Apr 9, 2015 8:13 AM

Dec 2013
Grapekiwi said:

he has a beard
that's more than what could be said about other servants
Pu55yDestr0yerApr 9, 2015 8:16 AM
BAN ME
Apr 9, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2014
What other bearded servants are there?

David? Vlad?
Apr 9, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
ijuka said:
He has a beard.
don't copy me
BAN ME
Apr 9, 2015 8:15 AM

Jan 2015
rofl. thanks guys.

wish we would've got to see him sword fight someone, aside from assassins. Not really sure how good he is combat wise compared to say, Saber. I'd presume he'd get his salad tossed though.
Apr 9, 2015 8:18 AM

May 2013
Seems to be only good at killing lots of smaller guys. I don't see how his noble phantasm could do anything against someone who can actually fight. 1 ant, 10000 ants, should make no difference to a servant opponent especially if they have a decent AoE
Apr 9, 2015 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
Grapekiwi said:
rofl. thanks guys.

wish we would've got to see him sword fight someone, aside from assassins. Not really sure how good he is combat wise compared to say, Saber. I'd presume he'd get his salad tossed though.

I think at some point I made a post about how Rider can only win against 4 Servants in one-on-one straight-up fights in the two HGWs. (Sasaki, Kikiki, Zero Assassin, Zero Lancer) Since he tends to spawn his enemy kilometres away from him, anyone with a decent ranged attack can snipe him easily.
Apr 9, 2015 8:19 AM

Jul 2007
Grapekiwi said:
rofl. thanks guys.

B Rank strength.
D Rank AGI

OneTrueEmiya said:
Grapekiwi said:
rofl. thanks guys.

I think at some point I made a post about how Rider can only win against 4 Servants in one-on-one straight-up fights in the two HGWs. (Sasaki, Kikiki, Zero Assassin, Zero Lancer) Since he tends to spawn his enemy kilometres away from him, anyone with a decent ranged attack can snipe him easily.

Not winning against Sasaki.
Apr 9, 2015 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
He's essentially screwed against anyone who can fly and fight long-ranged, too.

Jan 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
Grapekiwi said:
rofl. thanks guys.

even Zero Lancer? I figured Zero lancer would be way too agile for him to handle.

Jul 2007
WormPriest said:

Or Uses Magic
Or is even a bit fast.

Grapekiwi said:

even Zero Lancer? I figured Zero lancer would be way too agile for him to handle.

Zero Lancer is comparably scrub-level.
Apr 9, 2015 8:22 AM

Sep 2014
Grapekiwi said:
rofl. thanks guys.

compared to saber? pretty sure saber would trash him....be pretty retarded if he was capable of the same kind of skill as zero berserker and would completely ignor the drawbacks to being placed into a Rider flask.
Apr 9, 2015 8:23 AM

Mar 2015
Grapekiwi said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Zero Lancer has practically no ranged attack, meaning he can use that chariot of his to attack from above while his army gangs up on him below. Sasaki too, though he could just TG the guy when Rider's trying to chariot charge him.

Of course, all this is dependent on whether he has his chariot. If he doesn't, the best he can do is kill off Zero Assassin. Even Kikiki can Zabaniya him if he's not careful :/
Apr 9, 2015 8:23 AM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
WormPriest said:

Or Uses Magic
Or is even a bit fast.

Grapekiwi said:

yet zero lancer crushed saber.

oh sorry, edit:

I was meaning in a 1v1 without their noble phantasms.

Im talking straight 1v1 combat - like how most of the initial battles were. Like in terms of weapon skill and swordsmanship, would zero lancer defeat rider? (obviously if it was in ionian hetairoi he'd get decimated.)
Apr 9, 2015 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
Grapekiwi said:
CookingPriest said:

Or Uses Magic
Or is even a bit fast.

zero lancer is a duelist ype servant he has no way of handling IH he can probably take down the gordeus heel...maybe....if the damn thing didnt fly....
Apr 9, 2015 8:26 AM

May 2014
How powerful is the chariot though?

I'm sure it's probably stronger than it looked in the anime.
Apr 9, 2015 8:27 AM

May 2013
It could probably roast a nice chicken dinner to share with the king of heroes
Apr 9, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2015
WrongPriest said:

I think it was A+ or something.
Apr 9, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
WrongPriest said:

A+ rank.
Apr 9, 2015 8:31 AM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:

the bulls are at least phantasmal beasts and the chariot itself is divine......pretty sure it was around A+, it's def his strongest weapon in terms of sheer power...IH is strong because lol zergrush
Apr 9, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
Grapekiwi said:

The only time he got a legit hit on her,she also got a hit on him.

If they were fighting in a non-HGW scenario where Saber didn't care about her identity getting revealed and he didn't have a Master to heal him,he'd get crushed.
Apr 9, 2015 8:33 AM

May 2013
For that fight I think it'd be fair to consider that Saber's master is a far weaker mage and furthermore doesn't give two shits about her
Apr 9, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2015
WormPriest said:
WrongPriest said:

A+ rank.

Though sharing the same rank as Medusa's NP, it'd be wrecked by Bellerophon, because it doesn't offer any increase in defence. Wow, Rider really is outclassed .__.
Apr 9, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
He's not particulary strong, yeah. Zerofans think he's one of the strongest characters in the verse though, lml.
Apr 9, 2015 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
ijuka said:
For that fight I think it'd be fair to consider that Saber's master is a far weaker mage and furthermore doesn't give two shits about her

And if he really wanted him gone she could just Excaliblast him from the get-go.
Apr 9, 2015 8:35 AM

May 2013
Bellerophon is pretty OP. It also increases all stats by one and her mystic eyes decrease all opponent stats by one. Not sure which patch that'll be nerfed in.
Apr 9, 2015 8:36 AM

May 2014
He actually doesn't sound that bad. The chariot just didn't really do enough in the Anime.

Although yes, Medusa pretty much straight counters him.
Apr 9, 2015 8:36 AM

Mar 2015
WormPriest said:
He's not particulary strong, yeah. Zerofans think he's one of the strongest characters in the verse though, lml.

Imagine him being pitted against the real top dogs of the Nasuverse lol.
Apr 9, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2014
WrongPriest said:
He actually doesn't sound that bad. The chariot just didn't really do enough in the Anime.

He isn't particulary weak either. Just a lot of Servants would smack him down.

OneTrueEmiya said:
Imagine him being pitted against the real top dogs of the Nasuverse lol.

Such as Shin-chan.
Pages (73) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.