Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2009 6:48 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to say it largely: Excellent battle of Reina VS Tomoe! I loved it! All of it! Something I have been waiting for since season 1! I am thinking of seeing this again in some time after some farming! It was amazing! The beginning was a little stupid apart from seeing Nix in a nice restaurant waitress and milk being spilled on Nanael the rest was ridiculous comedy like Elina cuddling with Reina (was surprised to see some of the counts army present in the city) and Nanael making funny expressions to Reina/also Nanael complaining about Melona stealing her milk. Had a fealing of Tomoe being possessed somehow by Shizuka (also in Battle her hair was white) but nice fan service under that waterfall and in battle of her (not something to see often of Tomoe's breasts in this serie). I also laugh at all being fooled by Merona imitating Rana...no one noticed but I did because of the eyes. If there is one thing worth showing is that final blow of Reina VS Tomoe...all of it perfect...Rage, struggle and flahsbacks before to have each strenght all these elements so well done!=> You can see the small figures of Reina/Tomoe and once again Best congratulations to Reina for winning! Also the Nix waitress dress....does she not look cute and great in it?=>
Looks like next episode will be a face off of Tomoe against Aldra....want to see soon.
francismeunierNov 26, 2009 7:04 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 26, 2009 10:47 PM

Apr 2009
yep.. pretty epic fight.. if all the fights have been like this even in the first season, this show would not have a bad reputation that only a few members have continued on watching it now.. haha.. only 2 eps left..
Nov 27, 2009 12:47 AM

Oct 2009
argilium said:
yep.. pretty epic fight.. if all the fights have been like this even in the first season, this show would not have a bad reputation that only a few members have continued on watching it now.. haha.. only 2 eps left..

Guessed that the best was for last thing. It sure was worth it! Best fight was best.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 30, 2009 5:44 AM

Sep 2007
... ... ... Subbed version ?
I need to saw the 9 or not ? :/
The full season is so far better from the season one but the season one already really good !
ShiroiRyuNov 30, 2009 9:32 AM
Dec 3, 2009 11:53 PM

Sep 2008
Worst episode ever. Tomoe should have won.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2009 1:07 AM

Sep 2007
Lol for this post. :p
Because Tomoe don't win, it's a bad episode ? :p
Reina is the hero ! :D
Dec 4, 2009 1:41 AM

Sep 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
Lol for this post. :p
Because Tomoe don't win, it's a bad episode ? :p
Reina is the hero ! :D
Psh, yeah.
It feels like I wasted all my time just watching up to this point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2009 4:48 PM

Apr 2009
shit girl against the strongest girl ?
Dec 5, 2009 12:22 AM

Apr 2009
Of course I wanted to see Tomoe win, but Reina is the main character after all, so it's only natural how things progressed. This is getting pretty epic, really interested to see just who is pulling Aldra's strings. Will Listy break free from her clutches again?
Dec 5, 2009 12:51 AM

Jan 2009
Tomoe was a bad-ass.
Dec 5, 2009 3:19 AM

Oct 2007
KamikazeSim said:
Tomoe was a bad-ass.
Indeed.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 5, 2009 4:27 AM

Jul 2009
Epic battle indeed and I loved the scenery, really beautiful :)

The thing I found a bit 'off" though was the hair around the possessed Tomoe eyes, wtf is up with that?^^
And Reina isn't shit, remember she actually have done quite a bit of training since she started plus she have an unyielding devotion and a strong soul.
And wielding that magical sword whom apparently even the Queen fears probably have a bit to play in her line of victories ;)

Lol at Ymir for scamming the masses with cheap replicas and trying to promote the sword throughout the entire fight xD
Reminded me of those tv-shop salespersons.
Dec 5, 2009 6:52 AM

Feb 2009
I have to admit that I was impressed with the fight. It was more intense than all the others, and I was disappointed that it felt so short and fast, I wanted it to continue on.
EternalDreamer said:
The thing I found a bit 'off" though was the hair around the possessed Tomoe eyes, wtf is up with that?^^
You might have a point, I thought something looked odd when there was a close-up of her eyes.
francismeunier said:
Also the Nix waitress dress....does she not look cute and great in it?=>
I've also got to agree with this.
Dec 5, 2009 12:42 PM

Feb 2009
The episode was awesome!Realy,realy awesome!
TheKorolev said:

francismeunier said:
Also the Nix waitress dress....does she not look cute and great in it?=>
I've also got to agree with this.

Yeah,me too...after all Nix is the cutest girl in the show.How could she not look good in this dress ^_^

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 30, 2009 7:39 PM

May 2008
A month late, but eh.

Tomoe got cheated by main characterism. >.<;

Anyway, as for the battle itself. Reina was just a one trick pony it seemed like. Tomoe not only seemed to increase drastically in skill compared to her previous fights, she had so many strong techniques. Reina didn't seem that strong prior, even with a better sword. So that's why the fight felt so unnatural. *coughplotkaicough*
Misaki-KiJan 1, 2010 1:45 PM
fmiu
Jun 29, 2010 10:27 AM

Mar 2010
They both should of lost.
Echidna FTW!
Mar 5, 2011 7:46 PM

Dec 2010
u guys, Reina does have the main character bonus to win, but of course Tomoe is clearly better. Also, although Reina did improve, she cheats because her sword is powered up twice, once by that big boobed woman Catallye and the second time by Ymir. Those two aren't novice at weapons either, they are the best.

Wonder how this will end now...

Again Nanael is always so silly.
May 17, 2013 8:39 AM

Mar 2010
Nanael and reina.. Without the, the serie is perfect

Nice episode tho def. Prefer this season over the first one
Jan 15, 2014 1:48 AM
Oct 2013
I really wanted Tomoe to win but I understand why Reina won. Regardless, the fight was pretty epic and very unpredictable.
Apr 27, 2014 5:22 PM

Jun 2012
that was one of the best battles so far in the show i expected nothing less from this battle i knew Reina would win somehow for the next episode i do not know what to expect maybe Listy vs Reina?? or maybe Echidna but it sure seemed like also Reina got a lot stronger and she seemed to have something special about her.

it sure was interesting that Nanael thought Aldra was possessed by something from heaven i wonder could it be the head angel or her pink haired friend?

wonder what the next episode will bring i guess i am gone find out now since i do not know what to say any more or forgot what i wanted to say.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Oct 28, 2014 9:58 AM

May 2012
Really awesome episode, just loved the action in this battle and well I do wonder what will happen next!
Feb 8, 2017 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Didn't really care for the winner of this battle, they're both kinda boring. I guess Reina isn't at least as prude as Tomoe :3
Jun 26, 2019 6:30 PM

May 2014
This was a great ep. The change of Tomoe's hair made her into a ghoul (only the red eye was missing xD). LOL, anyways an intense and good fight. I hoped it lasted a bit longer, however, still very well done. The animation of this series is just amazing so one can't deny that fact. Funny to see Nanael's thinking of using Reina for her own benefit. Just like her and very funny to see that the main character is a relaxing, crazy for power, kind person. Fits perfect as a shounen character, but just the opposite sex. Anyways, next time we are gonna see Listy vs. Reina. This is gonna be interesting to watch. It will be strange for Reina to not win. I had precipitated that from the start, which I think will be the outcome.
Jun 26, 2019 6:33 PM

May 2014
Light502 said:
I really wanted Tomoe to win but I understand why Reina won. Regardless, the fight was pretty epic and very unpredictable.

Somehow, it made Shizuka's death very pointless (though I have my doubts she is dead). True, it made her focus more and have a stronger heart in battles, but still if a great character like that dies one would expect Tomoe was going to win, but as you said it's understandable that Reina won.
Jun 26, 2019 6:39 PM

May 2014
EternalDreamer said:

I think it's suppose to make her look wise. It should show that she have ascended and possess the knowledge of all her lost comrades. Tbh, she should have won, but ofc. they had to play the mc card with Reina winning. ^^

Apr 1, 2020 7:07 PM
Apr 2020
Laksiwnsjwnwjsbehe
Aug 6, 2021 9:05 AM

Feb 2020
Leina vs. Tomoe was pretty intense. I liked how badass Tomoe looked.

I wanted them both to win, so I have a mixed feelings right now.

SerafosDec 13, 2023 10:06 AM
Jun 19, 2022 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
As expected, not even edgy Tomoe could do anything against Leina's MC powers.

Bullshit episode.
Feb 9, 9:16 PM

Dec 2022
yet another sick episode boy this season is at least doubly awesome compared to the first
Mar 3, 3:05 AM

Jan 2020
Leina should have lost this fight.

Maybe it would finally have motivated her to get a proper reason to fight.
Wanting to test how strong she is, must be the worst reason to partake in something like the Queen's Blade ever. Now she carries on everyone's feelings? Where did that come from?
She is really my biggest gripe with this show.
Her design is cool, her VA is too, her family dynamic as well, but her own motivation and unearned power leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Not to mention that her new sword somehow made her a way stronger fighter. What is up with Ymir's acting as though the sword would decide the winner in this battle (it did because magic, but normally the quality of the weapon should only be important if the fighters are evenly matched). Even if Leina lost, the fact that her sword could withstand Tomoe's Ougi would have proven it to be incredibly.

Now back to Leina, she went from struggling to fight Ymir, to beating the arguably strongest fighter. Tomoe was already a runner up for the strongest before Shizuka made her ruthless. So she should have been unbeatable.

Then again this show has never been very consistent with strength.

Finally, there is Shizuka's death.
Which was completely pointless.
Sure, Tomoe might have learned something about herself (not sure what exactly, don't think the writers did either btw.), but it didn't matter because not holding back meant nothing since Leina won anyways.

Can you imagine how she must feel? If Shizuka didn't do what she did, the only change would be that Tomoe wouldn't be alone now.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Dec 10, 2009

67 by Sasutaschi »»
Mar 3, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 11 Discussion

argilium - Dec 3, 2009

25 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 10, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 9 Discussion

francismeunier - Nov 19, 2009

25 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 9, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 8 Discussion

francismeunier - Nov 12, 2009

38 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 8, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 7 Discussion

francismeunier - Nov 5, 2009

37 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 7, 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.