Forum Settings
Forums

Will otaku die if main anime girls aren't pure, but like healthy sex with lots of different guys?

New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2015 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
Largo93 said:
WAD1992 said:

lol ... i have no idea how people can get defencive over this stuff!!!

It's pretty amusing, I'll admit.

Just one example would be pureguys' reaction at the last episode of Cross Ange: even when there was no actual sex, many were raging over Ange not being "pure anymore" anyway.

Nobody was raging over that, it was cause the scene was interrupted and we want Ange to go with another girl too before she goes with Tusk, a real man.
Jan 16, 2015 11:39 AM
Dec 2014
ichii_1 said:
it was cause the scene was interrupted and we want Ange to go with another girl too.

I wasn't singling (?) the entire fandom, brah.
Jan 16, 2015 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
SightScreen said:
Okashi_sama said:
DAMAGECONTROL.jpeg

Says the mong who tried to use strawman.

pffffff.
let me take you seriously then.
SightScreen said:
Otakus/Purityfags are absolute cancer to the industry

Like it or not, they are the one keeping the industry alive, and since supporting the industry overseas is not possible for all anime fans or too expensive, it'll be hard to have an effect on the industry from non-Otakus/Purityfags. so you're gonna have to deal with it.

SightScreen said:
Taking part in casual sex doesn't equate to being a slut you fucking idiots. Everyone who actually said that unwittingly admitted they're completely disconnected from reality.

You do know that every country have a different culture, and having sex without being married or a lot is considered a taboo in a lot of places all over the world. just because you were raised in a environment where casual sex is ok. it doesn't that other parts of the world is ok with it.
You're doing a mind projection fallacy.
Jan 16, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2013
Garfild said:
Oh dear, when I said having a lot of sex with lots of different guys, I didn't mean, girl should try to have sex with billion, or more people.

Just having sex when girl have a chance, especially if she doesn't have a boyfriend, or is married young.

And even then, it's not unusual to cheat too...

Why not having such aspect with main girls (not necessarily all of them) as well in anime?
I remember that recommendations thread asking for smutty anime, and there were some nice answers there but there isn't a big market for this, so it's mostly confined to manga and hentai ova
Also i believe that this is more common in shoujo than in male-oriented titles, so you could try watching less otaku and kids' anime and more shoujo like Nana
Jan 16, 2015 11:41 AM

Oct 2012
Yes, my waifu must be pure or else!
Jan 16, 2015 11:41 AM
Dec 2014
Feaor said:

She could be a lesbian, though.
Jan 16, 2015 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
What Otaku's need is an anime like School Days, but where the MC is a female and she has a boyfriend and cheats on him with tons of different dudes.
Jan 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
y123y said:
What Otaku's need is an anime like School Days, but where the MC is a female and she has a boyfriend and cheats on him with tons of different dudes.
obligatory

May 2014
Feaor said:

well i know mine will be and for ever will be (chee's frozen inside a diamon :3 )
Dec 2014
y123y said:

Or a show with delicious, outright and explicit NTR by another guy. Then haremfans will start touting it as the "deconstruction of the harem genre" and the "new Eva".
Jan 16, 2015 11:44 AM

May 2014
this thread must be merged with the toxic community thread -_-
Jan 16, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2011
Okashi_sama said:
SightScreen said:
Taking part in casual sex doesn't equate to being a slut you fucking idiots. Everyone who actually said that unwittingly admitted they're completely disconnected from reality.

You do know that every country have a different culture, and having sex without being married or a lot is considered a taboo in a lot of places all over the world. just because you were raised in a environment where casual sex is ok. it doesn't that other parts of the world is ok with it.
people don't seem to realize this, plus its subjective of how much partners makes you "easy" even in the same culture (unless its before marriage in general)
Jan 16, 2015 11:46 AM
Dec 2010
romagia said:
y123y said:
obligatory

mind break is love, NTR is life
Jan 16, 2015 11:47 AM
Dec 2014
orgY said:

Amen a million times.
Jan 16, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
Okashi_sama said:
Like it or not, they are the one keeping the industry alive, and since supporting the industry overseas is not possible for all anime fans or too expensive, it'll be hard to have an effect on the industry from non-Otakus/Purityfags. so you're gonna have to deal with it.

They're not keeping it alive, they're keeping it SUCCESSFUL by investing their welfare money in cancerous garbage like To-Love Ru DVDs. Without these fat, sweaty freakshows, they industry would be less successful, but the percentage of quality anime would increase drastically, as would the variety in female characters.

SightScreen said:
TYou do know that every country have a different culture, and having sex without being married or a lot is considered a taboo in a lot of places all over the world. just because you were raised in a environment where casual sex is ok. it doesn't that other parts of the world is ok with it.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe engaging in taboos can make for an interesting plot scenario? I'm not preaching for everyone to change their culture, I'm criticizing the industry and the fat mongs it caters to for wanting the same old shit again and again; purity.

Back to 4chan for you bubs, it's the only place that lets you compensate for your 'situation'.
Jan 16, 2015 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
WAD1992 said:

I think this should be merged to 'Anime studio should taking more risk" is more accurate.

OT: It's not like every main heroine is pure but not that they had sex in daily basis either, there's a lot of main heroine that had slutty personalities.
Jan 16, 2015 11:52 AM
Feb 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
WAD1992 said:

No, this should be merged to 'Anime studio should taking more risk".

OT: It's not like every main heroine is pure but not that they had sex in daily basis either, there's a lot of main heroine that had slutty personalities.

you mean slutty on the outside, but in the inside one of the purest out there?
Jan 16, 2015 11:53 AM
Dec 2014
dfsafsaf said:

you mean slutty on the outside, but in the inside one of the purest out there?

Truly 2deep4u.
Jan 16, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Largo93 said:
orgY said:

Amen a million times.

Vanilla all day any day :)
Jan 16, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2014
SightScreen said:
Okashi_sama said:

They're not keeping it alive, they're keeping it SUCCESSFUL by investing their welfare money in cancerous garbage like To-Love Ru DVDs. Without these fat, sweaty freakshows, they industry would be less successful, but the percentage of quality anime would increase drastically, as would the variety in female characters.

SightScreen said:
TYou do know that every country have a different culture, and having sex without being married or a lot is considered a taboo in a lot of places all over the world. just because you were raised in a environment where casual sex is ok. it doesn't that other parts of the world is ok with it.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe engaging in taboos can make for an interesting plot scenario? I'm not preaching for everyone to change their culture, I'm criticizing the industry and the fat mongs it caters to for wanting the same old shit again and again; purity.

Back to 4chan for you bubs, it's the only place that lets you compensate for your 'situation'.

this is really, just, mean!!
they're not insulting you so why are you insulting them in your arguments???
Jan 16, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
Technically, no waifu is pure. At least I got to Nina and Kozue first (: .

Jan 16, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
SightScreen said:
It's a damn industry, it follows the money. there are still quality shows out there, you just have to look a bit harder. it's just that amount of anime adapted per year has increased a lot since the 90s there for you will get more shitty shows, but the ratio of good:bad shows is still roughly the same.

SightScreen said:

First of all about the bolded part: Why do you call them fucking idiots then? because they were raised in an environment different then yours. be consist, and stop calling people names.
In Japan being pure is better then having sex a lot, that's how they think. anime is made in japan by japanese for japanese. you as a foreigner guy who mostly watches pirated stuff have no right to complain, like most anime watchers

SightScreen said:
Again with the aggressive superior attitude.....
Jan 16, 2015 12:01 PM
Mar 2012
It depends on what you'd call a healthy sex life. Sex is such a personal subject so you can't really say how much is healthy or unhealthy - generally the extremes are the only thing that people agree on. In that constantly having sex is unhealthy, though abstaining from it is a bit less concrete come to think of it.

But if you really want to get into it it's hardly one sided, the main character is nearly always a virgin too. I don't see anything wrong with that really, sure it'd be nice if some anime took more risks on that regard but I don't think a slutty heroine would appeal to me - by the same token I don't like harems where the guy actively wants a harem...it's a bit nasty imo. But some random guy/girls who have all done it before and maybe some who enjoy it a bit more than others? Why not, but you're straying more into seinen and Jousei territory there, not shoujou and shounen which are by and large 'pure' love stories about teenagers.
Jan 16, 2015 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
Okashi_sama said:
SightScreen said:
DERP

Must be a virgin just like all those ojou sama/tsunderes types XD
Jan 16, 2015 12:05 PM
Dec 2014
ichii_1 said:
Largo93 said:

Amen a million times.

Vanilla all day any day :)

Amen too, but when it's like Triple Ecchi. rekt
Jan 16, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2011
Okashi_sama said:

SightScreen said:
too true, its like his calling card that he has to slap on at the end lol
Jan 16, 2015 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
Killaclown said:
Okashi_sama said:

people don't seem to realize this, plus its subjective of how much partners makes you "easy" even in the same culture (unless its before marriage in general)

As long as the purity guys don't go around calling people sluts because they aren't virgins the 'culture' argument is fair enough. But usually the purity guys start being obnoxious and ignorant about their stance and not leaving room for any middle ground between 'pure' and 'slut' before you get people like SightScreen joining the discussion and repay them in kind. In this thread at least it was like this. You can't excuse going around and calling any girl a slut because she doesn't fit your exaggerated Otaku standards of purity and then pretend to be a victim when someone insults you for being so obnoxious. Mind Projection fallacy works both ways and you can't excuse using insulting words like 'sluts' by refering to 'culture'. There's a limit to what you can get away with based on your culture. But sometimes it's an explanation at best, but not a justification. Insults are one of these cases.

At the end of the day purity (in the extreme Otaku sense) is nothing more than another perverted (=unnatural) fetish and that's all fine and dandy but the guys who have that fetish tend to often be very aggressive against other fetishes and think of their preference as 'better' than any other fetish simply because it is a fetish with a very long tradition (thanks to religion).
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 16, 2015 12:08 PM
Sep 2009
See, here's the thing, there are people who have sex with multiple people in real life. Whether it is wrong or right, it is the truth of the matter. Is there anything wrong with a film, TV show, book, etc. portraying that reality? We see films with characters having consensual sex with multiple people all the time, and audiences seem to be generally excepting of that. However, it seems to be a rarity in the medium of anime, and whenever it does appear in an anime, you can bet there will be dozens of anime fans yelling about how that character is a slut. Then there is the double standard that it is apparently it is okay for a male protagonist to lead around a harem of women. Granted, one of the few anime to actually tackle the theme of adultery and open sex, I speak of School Days of course, is a steaming pile of crap, but it is a bit frustrating to me that anime has a distinct lack of shows willing to tackle the theme of free associative sex especially when so many anime fans praise the medium for being 'animation for older audiences'.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jan 16, 2015 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
WAD1992 said:
this is really, just, mean!!
they're not insulting you so why are you insulting them in your arguments???

Currently in foul mood irl, but they are corroding the industry.

Okashi_sama said:
It's a damn industry, it follows the money.

and that in itself doesn't warrant the odd rant?

First of all about the bolded part: Why do you call them fucking idiots then? because they were raised in an environment different then yours. be consist, and stop calling people names.
In Japan being pure is better then having sex a lot, that's how they think. anime is made in japan by japanese for japanese. you as a foreigner guy who mostly watches pirated stuff have no right to complain, like most anime watchers

Where did you actually get that from? I've seen plenty of depictions where girls engage in casual sex, from darker works like Gantz, to more light-hearted stuff like Midori no Hibi. The people I'm calling idiots are the fat, greasy haired otakus that dominate the industry, who upon seeing a picture of a simple kiss, reply accordingly with "l-l-leeeewd!!!". That's not so much a culture conflict as it is an example of a blight on society.

Says the peanut who called me an idiot whilst using strawman.

ichii_1 said:
Okashi_sama said:

After the stupidity you put on display earlier in the thread, I wouldn't be getting into too many arguments if I were you. You'll only embarrass yourself.
SightScreenJan 16, 2015 12:12 PM
Jan 16, 2015 12:19 PM
Mar 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

At the end of the day purity (in the extreme Otaku sense) is nothing more than another perverted (=unnatural) fetish and that's all fine and dandy but the guys who have that fetish tend to often be very aggressive against other fetishes and think of their preference as 'better' than any other fetish simply because it is a fetish with a very long tradition (thanks to religion).

Let me point out that EVERYONE has fetishes and they are not unnatural in the slightest, you say it's "all fine and dandy" but you are clearly biased against it if you insist on calling it unnatural so you're not coming off as much better than them.

There are people who like both partners in a series to be virgins and that's fine - as people have said it's only an issue when people call a girl a slut for having casual sex. But at the same time there is a limit to how much a male or female can get away with without being a slut...it applies to both genders imo. I would never watch a series where a guy went around banging every girl he met - if it was a hentai etc then sure why not, but no self-respecting series would do that.

Harems are a tricky issue because they do tend to play up the innocence too much, but most harems have the MC be just as terrible with girls as they are pure...very few series focus on a guy who wants to create a harem.
Jul 2018
Virgins be a thin' in Japan. Personally I don't mind if th' lass dated many guys before. But I can spy wit' ye eye th' appeal fer th' virgins.

Unless th' lass be a slut that sleeps wit' any guy she finds. In that case, just no.

Sep 2013
SightScreen said:
ichii_1 said:

After the stupidity you put on display earlier in the thread, I wouldn't be getting into too many arguments if I were you. You'll only embarrass yourself.

http://trollbrain.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Down-21.jpg
Jan 16, 2015 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
SightScreen said:
and that in itself doesn't warrant the odd rant?
Of course it does, but you don't have to this aggressive though.

Where did you actually get that from? I've seen plenty of depictions where girls engage in casual sex, from darker works like Gantz, to more light-hearted stuff like Midori no Hibi. The people I'm calling idiots are the fat, greasy haired otakus that dominate the industry, who upon seeing a picture of a simple kiss, reply accordingly with "l-l-leeeewd!!!". That's not so much a culture conflict as it is an example of a blight on society.
Ok i may have exaggerated a bit, but my main point still stands. anyway, having pure girls would probably sell more in today's industry then in the past because of fat, greasy haired otakus

Says the peanut who called me an idiot whilst using strawman.
I'm sorry. we cool now?
Jan 16, 2015 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
FYI: Being pure in modern Japan is only important if you are an idol and in some cases a VA depending on the studio (although VAs and some older idols can get married but some fans may not like it but even though a VA may be able to date, have sex, or get married they can't be involved in JAV or they'll be discarded like trash).

Jan 16, 2015 12:28 PM
Dec 2014
Hoppy said:
(although VAs and some older idols can get married but some fans may not like it but even though a VA may be able to date, have sex, or get married they can't be involved in JAV or they'll be discarded like trash).

And then they have to shave their head.
Jan 16, 2015 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
Largo93 said:
Hoppy said:
(although VAs and some older idols can get married but some fans may not like it but even though a VA may be able to date, have sex, or get married they can't be involved in JAV or they'll be discarded like trash).

japan....
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 16, 2015 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
Largo93 said:
Hoppy said:

and apologize to the world for screwing a man and a demotion that sets you back to start, I've seen convicts get back on their feet after spending prison time for murder than an idol that got demoted so harshly coming back into stardom.

Jan 16, 2015 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
ninjastarforcex said:
Largo93 said:

japan....

It be a curious country.
Jan 16, 2015 12:35 PM
Sep 2013
If you want to watch things that reflect real Japanese society and how people act,then watch Live action material such as drama,even though it is far from real life,still 100 times better than late-night anime.
Jan 16, 2015 12:35 PM

Nov 2012
umashikaneko said:
If you want to watch things that reflect real Japanese society and how people act,then watch Live action material such as drama,even though it is far from real life,still 100 times better than late-night anime.
WATCH "BARTENDER" DRAMA!
Jan 16, 2015 12:36 PM

Feb 2010
Kreion said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Let me point out that EVERYONE has fetishes and they are not unnatural in the slightest, you say it's "all fine and dandy" but you are clearly biased against it if you insist on calling it unnatural so you're not coming off as much better than them.

There are people who like both partners in a series to be virgins and that's fine - as people have said it's only an issue when people call a girl a slut for having casual sex. But at the same time there is a limit to how much a male or female can get away with without being a slut...it applies to both genders imo. I would never watch a series where a guy went around banging every girl he met - if it was a hentai etc then sure why not, but no self-respecting series would do that.

Harems are a tricky issue because they do tend to play up the innocence too much, but most harems have the MC be just as terrible with girls as they are pure...very few series focus on a guy who wants to create a harem.

You should look up the definition of fetish, it is defined as being something that deviates from the norm, or as something one is abnormally obsessed with. You're the guy implying that unnatural is some kind of moral judgment, I certainly only intended to use it as a neutral description for the term fetish. Maybe I should have used 'abnormal' instead but it doesn't really matter.

In any case the fact remains that obsession with purity is just as much of a fetish as loli, ahegao or scat.
Jan 16, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2010
umashikaneko said:

Peeping Life also seems fairly realistic (in a comedic sense of course).
Jan 16, 2015 1:01 PM
Sep 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
umashikaneko said:

Peeping Life also seems fairly realistic (in a comedic sense of course).

Yeah it was good depiction of how real people act LOL
Also,Genshiken is very realistic depiction of how (otaku)people act.

In most cases,mainpoints of anime are being fantasy and unrealistic,though some times(like genshiken) depicting real society can be mainpoint.

SOL seinen manga is quite good too.
Read manga from major seinen magazine such as Afternoon,Morning,Young Jump,Young Magazine, you can find a lot of manga that depict real life better than otaku material.

The point of otaku material(moe-4koma or harem LNs and their adaptations) are being fantasy,so reading/watching them and complaining how otaku-ish they are sounds contradicted.
umashikanekoJan 16, 2015 1:07 PM
Jan 16, 2015 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
To summarize this thread, some idiot that will not be named only wants anime that have girls who have sex with a lot of guys to be made and doesn't want any anime with pure young elementary/middle/high school students to be made again even at the cost of the entire anime industry.
Jan 16, 2015 1:02 PM

May 2014
ichii_1 said:
To summarize this thread, some idiot that will not be named only wants anime that have girls who have sex with a lot of guys to be made and doesn't want any anime with pure young elementary/middle/high school students to be made again even at the cost of the entire anime industry.

wtf is the difference x_x ??!!!
Jan 16, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
ichii_1 said:
To summarize this thread, some idiot that will not be named only wants anime that have girls who have sex with a lot of guys to be made and doesn't want any anime with virgins to be made again even at the cost of the entire anime industry.

It wouldn't destroy the anime industry, it's not like eliminating entire genres, the Otaku would adjust eventually. In the short term, studios would lose out but it will be ok in the long term.

Jan 16, 2015 1:08 PM

Sep 2013
Hoppy said:
ichii_1 said:
To summarize this thread, some idiot that will not be named only wants anime that have girls who have sex with a lot of guys to be made and doesn't want any anime with virgins to be made again even at the cost of the entire anime industry.

It wouldn't destroy the anime industry, it's not like eliminating entire genres, the Otaku would adjust eventually. In the short term, studios would lose out but it will be ok in the long term.

The only thing still selling would be shonen and mecha.
I'm also including madoka magica and bakemonogatari like series since they have virgins.
I'm not buying anything from series like death parade, yeah it's great and all but I don't care enough for anyone in those types of series.
Jan 16, 2015 1:09 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
silverwalls said:

no
not at all
we're all guys actually
Jan 16, 2015 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
ichii_1 said:
Hoppy said:

I'm also including madoka magica and bakemonogatari like series since they have virgins.
I'm not buying anything from series like death parade, yeah it's great and all but I don't care enough for anyone in those types of series.

who cares about virgin and pure.
angelise-sama is a bitch and we love it!
Jan 16, 2015 1:11 PM

May 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
ichii_1 said:

who cares about virgin and pure.
angelise-sama is a bitch and we love it!

she is a dragon riding whore tbh :|
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Apr 25

10 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

51 by luckyrune »»
17 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by Spunkert »»
25 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

27 by Prupel1 »»
29 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

9 by Catalano »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.